Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015
1,054 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,054 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied for the jobs on online. Part (2) was the personality test. A few days later I called in for a interview. I was advised they had other applicants and I would hear from the Hiring Manager at a later time. Two days later I was called with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why should we consider you as an associate?   2 Answers

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

There was a group interview. You then call to set up an individual interview. They ask about customer service experience and suggest scenarios you could end up in. You are asked to find solutions to theses imaginary scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working in customer service?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

The interview was short. My availability was a key factor in my employment. I was able to set a follow-up and start date within days of the first interview.

Interview Questions

• How flexible is your time schedule?   1 Answer

POS Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Utica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Utica, NY).

Interview

I filled out an application and they emailed me the next day to set up an appointment and I came in and I was hired on the spot both interviews on the same day

Interview Questions

• Are customers always right ?   1 Answer
    • What did you like and dislike about your precious job?   1 Answer
    • What would your supervisor say about you ?   1 Answer
    • What did you like about your manager ? (any)   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you helped without being asked to   1 Answer
    • Fundraisers ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

One on campus interview. Then invited to Milwaukee to interview with 3 people in a row. Interviewers varied in title but were mostly managers/leads. A nice hotel was provided and transportation was compensated (or flights were provided). All the questions were behavioral and there were never any technical. There was also dinner provided the night prior to the interviews where you could talk with current employees and other potential interns.

Interview Questions

• One I can remember: What is the biggest risk you have taken?   Answer Question

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kohl's (Portage, MI).

Interview

store manager one on one an hr manager this took about a hour each interview.after a couple of days I was offered the position then I did a week of computer training. Went to other stores to train

Interview Questions

• How can you make a positive impact on the team   1 Answer

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I had a group interview. Not always the case but it was close to black friday and they were hiring a lot. Two people were there to listen as we answered around in a circle.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (DeKalb, IL).

Interview

I was at a college career fair (Northern Illinois University) and invited to an interview after speaking with 3 members of managment, from there I had a one on one interview and was invited to the next step. Lastly there was about 5 different people interviewing a group of around 20 of us. (3 different days and interviews)

Interview Questions

• Why Kohl's? Tell me about a time you failed at something and how did you handle it? Tell me about a time you were late and how did you handle it? How would you motivate an under performing team.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about a week later for a Group interview, easy questions not intimidating, relax workplace environment. The store manager came in to tell us about the company and his expectations, nothing out of the ordinary. Simply help customers, respond to backup calls, fold clothes, clean fitting rooms out and maintain sales floor.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's in August 2015.

Interview

I had an open interview, this is probably something they do often so get there 15min early like I did so the interviewer won't be worn out! Anyway, it was very positive, though I started a bit shaky, I pulled through. The hiring manager was very nice so, just make sure you are talking 50% of the time. I didn't have any work history so if you're like me you will have a giant whole in your app and interview, so make sure you instead have some type of volunteer experience to tell her/him about. I also think you should make them laugh at least once, these people are looking for associates who they can work with and be kind to customers so come out as outgoing and energetic as possible. Last but not least this is not just a time for someone to ask you questions! Besides, this is where you'll be spending your time and labor so you should ask 3-5 questions afterwards. Don't be afraid to write them down beforehand as managers love to see that you are taking part in YOUR interview and owning it. First ask a couple personal questions like "How long have you worked here" and, "What do you love about working here" then ask some questions you might have about the job as a whole like about the hourly pay, the scheduling, and then just nod, smile, and say "I accept!"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What do you look for in a manager? And what would you do to be a good sales associate?   Answer Question