Kohl's Interview Questions

2.2

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cold Spring, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cold Spring, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2014.

I walked into the store, asked for a paper application, filled it out and gave it to a manager. I told him that I wanted to introduce myself and say that I was hoping to work there. About a week later I was called in for a sit down interview.

The HR Manager was very friendly and open, which helped a lot!
    Questions were:
    Why do you want to work for Kohl's?
    Tell me about a time that you had to deal with someone that frustrated you.
    Do you have cash handling experience?
    What is good customer service to you?
    What was your favorite and least favorite thing about your previous job?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to deal with someone who frustrated you?   View Answer
    I actually did not negotiate and I'm not sure if negotiations were possible for my position.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

On campus interview, followed by a final round at company headquarters. Process took about a week. Group interview at final interview day seemed to carry a lot of weight. Given a case study at campus interview and then most behavioral and fit questions. Did not feel that anything was too technical they just want to get a feel for the applicants thought process.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you would change about a Kohl's store?   Answer Question

Retail just not my preferred area for my career.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Turned in my application on a Monday or Tuesday, got a call back Friday for an interview scheduled for NEXT Friday which was a little annoying but I went in. Interview was simple but be prepared, "What if a customer needs help in a different department? Is the customer always right? Why do you want to work at Kohls?" Stuff like that very nice manager and I got offered the job on the spot and I accepted but I was not really able to ask questions.

Android Engineer Interview

HR contacted via linked in, took them 2 weeks to get my resume to hiring manager, Hiring manager called and asked some technical questions, overall it was slow process for me compare to other companies.

Sale Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

I was called for a group interview. Because, they didn't have enough people for the interview, it was postponed by a week. We pretty much went around the room speaking on why we were the best fit for the job and our skills. We were then asked a series of questions and the person picked to answer first was totally random. We pretty much all had the same answer to the questions and added a little more to them.

Interview Questions
    • If you ever had a disagreement with a manager and what did you do about it.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

You should be ready to answer some everyday questions and company based questions, try to dress properly for the interview. I wore khakis and a plain shirt and still got the job, but you shouldn't wear the plain shirt after since its against dress code. I wasn't that afraid in the interview, be confident and don't sound with a questions response when giving a question (i.e. Always keep a smile....?) They should call you about or less than 2 weeks or you weren't hired.

Interview Questions
    • they were pretty basic clear questions, but the most bizarre out of them (keep in mind it's still pretty clear) was how would act in a situation where you have a conflict with another person   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

The internship process was standard. I was first asked some behavioral questions, and then I was told about the position and what to expect. All my question were answered. Personally, I thought the answers were vague and not very helpful. The interview was brief and to the point. This was my first interview

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I applied for the position on a Monday evening and on Tuesday afternoon they called to schedule an interview. The interview was very relaxed the hiring manager was friendly and straight forward. Their company is very customer service oriented so that was the main focus of my responses

I interviewed on Thursday the next Friday they called to offer employment. All in all good experience so far. I have orientation next week.

Interview Questions
    • How do you define customer service? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    Orientation on Thursday

Assistant Store Manager Interview

It was quick and to the point. Interviewed with two different people and was given an offer soon after. There is no discussion of placement on pay. It was to the point.

None

POS Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in July 2013.

I was called in for an initial interview it was quick. I got a call back a few days later to come back for a second interview and was offered the job. I came back in a few days later fill out my paperwork and waited for the background check before I could begin training.