Kohl's

Updated Jan 21, 2015
1,025 Interview Reviews

2.2

Overnight Freight Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's.

The hiring was pretty standard. A manager asked questions in the interview. Was asked about my customer service experience, schooling, what I can add to the store, and how you can help the company overall. I was also asked if the "customer" is always right in the retail establishment. Make sure to answer "yes" to that question.

Store Management Trainee Interview

Case study, then two 1 hour interviews with different types of management. I began by applying on my school's website and then was offered to come in for a case study and then interview. It was your standard interviews, but the case study was relatively easy. The case study was done and then presented to a board of management and answered questions.

Material Handler Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

it would take days upon your submission of application either online or in person. They expect you to be ready with your updated resumé. They change their interview process each year but, they always have a panel of HR for the interview. Once you get hired, they will give you a date when you can start. You have to undergo drug test right away. They expect you to be prompt and to dress appropriately for the job title you are applying for. Be ready to pick your available schedule as well. They have day shifts and night shifts.

POS Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Walton Beach, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in January 2015.

I applied online and 2 weeks later I was invited to an interview. It was a group interview with 10 people. They asked us three questions :" Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer!" , " is the customer always right ?", " Name a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer !"
    Very easy and laid back interview . The store manager was super nice and made you feel comfortable . She told us about the history of kohl's and we filled out paperwork . When the interview was done she called three ppl out to her office and those three were not hired . After that, she came back with more paperwork, told us that we were hired and we were given our orientation date

None

POS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Group interview, it was easy and very laid back. We sat in a room and he asked us questions. What is your weakness. And what are your strengths. Asked where we want department we wanted to work in. Asked about our previous employers and asked about our jobs. Asked us to make name tags when we came in. they also asked us to go around the room and tell about ourselves.

Come in and do paper work.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

I had one interview, I was out of high school. i applied for a seasonal position. They sat me in a big room with about 19 other people. a total of 20 of us interviewees. they paired us up in a group of 2 and had us interview the person next to us. It was very different.

Interview Questions
    • Having to interview the person they assigned you to and then having to present that person with as much information that they told you.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in January 2015.

Applied online through a Snagajob posting and received and email the same day offering me times/dates for an interview. I selected one and emailed back to confirm - was told to bring my social security card and drivers license to interview. Interview consisted of filling out paper application and talking with store manager.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Applied online. Group interview with three other people given by a manager and a trainer. Basic questions, easy to answer. Typical questions: What was a customer service situation you solved? What is good customer service? Why do you want to work at Kohl's?

Holiday Seasonal Part Time position. Minimum wage offered.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Group interview. Took turns answering the same questions. Everyone just tried one upping each other. It didn't seem like a serious interview, more like just getting to know everyone. Awkward at first, especially if you're uncomfortable talking in front of others.

No negotiation process

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

The interview was very easy, relaxed and mostly about you. What you like to do, school and stuff like that. I.applied on a Saturday and got called that.Monday. Unfortunately, the management at Khols is very.rude. They show lots of favoritism and talk about you bad. especially if you are of color.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with an angry customer   View Answer
    not worth it.