Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014
Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.2

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

They came to my school via a career fair, and I was contacted shortly thereafter informing me about the interview and about a pre-interview dinner for the night prior. During the dinner, we moved as a group around the tables to where the Kohl's employees were seated. They seemed friendly and helpful, answering our questions.
    Then, the next day was the interview. It was a very stereotypical interview, and it was behavioral-based.
    Three weeks later I got the decision. No.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember the specifics on the questions they asked, but they were nothing special.
      "Can you remember a time where you were faced with a difficult decision in a group?"
        Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

They called me for a group interview, when I showed up there was about 11 other people there. We were taken into a room and sat on chairs in a circle facing the interviewer. (She has now been working for the company for 9 years I believe she said? and she also started off as a seasonal employee). She made all of us introduce ourselves, (when It got to my turn I mentioned things I didn't list in my resume and I also emphasized how I currently own my own online business), then she went around and asked each person a single question, (for example: "why should Kohl's pick you?" "Name a time you had conflict with an employee and resolved it.") before I went into the interview I searched reviews here on Glassdoor also on Yahoo Answers and I visited the companies website to see what they were all about and what they stood for. When the interviewer got to me she asked me, "Why do you wanna work at Kohl's?" and SINCE I had done my researched answered with something along the lines of, "I wanna work at Kohls because I believe in what the company stands for, bringing awareness to breast cancer is important because it is a growing issue here in our country and I like that Kohl's in environmentally friendly, I know that Kohl's recycles and builds energy efficient buildings." She smiled and said, "You did your homework, huh?" and I responded yes :-) Opposed to the other candidates she had asked the same question, they responded with "I am a customer here, I like the environment, blah blah blah." So in short make sure your answers stand out. Also she noticed that the shirt I was wearing was from a line of theirs and even commented on it! (: Afterwards she gave us forms to fill out and as soon as we turned them in we were allowed to leave. Also note that a background check will be performed and if you decline to a drug test they won't even bother with you. Also schedule availability/flexibility goes a long way, especially in seasonal positions! All in all I had a good experience, (this was my second interview ever, 1st one was at Chipotle and it was awful!)

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one, question's are pretty basic just do your research, read some articles, be prepared. Speak clearly and try not to come off as nervous!   View Answer
    No negotiation, $9.05 take it or leave it.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

I filled out an application online and within a week or so I was called in for a group interview. After the interview, I was notified that I was offered the job via phone.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected. Most were based on customer service. There was no rhyme or reason to how they asked the questions. You just had to compete with the other candidate to get your voice heard.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

It was a group interview, asked about four questions and one of them was 'who is your idol.' It was easy, I felt confident. She called me by my name the whole time.

I left after being the first one called back. She said she would contact me. I waited a week, nothing yet. So I called them. Turns out they told me if they didn't let me stay, I wasn't hired, but they'd 'keep me on file.'

What a bunch of bull, right?

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

Applied through my college application/interview website, and heard back a few weeks later to set up on on-campus interview. 30 minute interview. Most of the interview was spent with me asking the interviewer questions, as per his request. Very comfortable and conversational

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to spend most of the interview asking him questions.
      Tell me about a time you resolved conflict working in a team and how you did it.
        Answer Question

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

A group of five of us went to a back room and sat around a table. I was expecting to get drilled with individual confusing questions. What happened was quit different. The manager spoke to us all as a group asked us if we want to work at kohls she asked individually about our experience and availability. After a few jokes and small talk and a few more details about Kohls she asked us to fill out paper work and said we were all hired. We filled out paperwork and come back next week for orientation. Going in with a group almost makes it easier and more relaxed.also I have no retail experience and still was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What days are you available? Do you have retail experience?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

The hiring and interview process is really quick and they do group interview which are surprisingly comfortable. They gave everyone a chance to speak and asked really simple questions. After the interview they called back 2 days later and I was hired.

ASM - AA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

You must apply online and within a week or two you may be contacted by a recruiter from Human Resources to do a phone screening. Phone screening is pretty basic (work history, job location preferences, position desires, etc...) and if you pass that they will schedule an onsite interview at the store with the District Manager and then Store Manager. If you make it this far and they like you and the interview goes well, they will present you with a job offer within a week afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • How do you build positive relationships with difficult people who decide they immediately don't like you upon first introduction?   Answer Question
    I told them the salary and benefits I received at my last job and they matched that.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

Filled out the online application and received a call for a group interview a month later. The group interview was with a store manager and there were four other applicants being interviewed as well. The questions were easy and simple basically about current employment, what your availability was, and if you could particularly work weekends and holidays. It's a little over a week later and I still haven't heard back.

Sale Associate Interview

very quick and friendy, no pressure at all. My question were like...why do you think you can be a good sale associate, what does a good sale associate should have? Did you shopping at Kohl's before