Kohl's

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.2

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

First we had to fill out a basic job application. Then we had the group interview of about 7 people. We sat around a large table with the hiring manager who asked questions starting with a different person each time. It was a fun upbeat atmosphere. A couple of questions were about our personal Kohls experience- did we have a Kohls Card and did we have a Rewards Card. It seemed like he was trying to somewhat sell the people who didn't have a charge card on why they should get one. Other questions were I think trying to figure out our personality types - what type of tree would you be and why, for example. At the end he selected 2 of us to select team members from the group. Then each team had to "sell" something random from a group of objects on the table. Overall it wasn't a bad experience. There were several group interviews that day and I see the ad for positions at that particular store is still up, so I don't know how many people they need for one store, so it seems like they might be selecting maybe a few out the groups.

Interview Questions
    • What type of tree would you be and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little about yourself including if you have a Kohls card or Rewards card, a situation when you dealt with conflict and what you did to resolve it, and what position you would be most interested in at Kohls.   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I applied through Snagjob and then was called two days later for an interview. It was a group interview and I was really nervous but the person interviewing us (head of customer service) was really nice. There were about 12 people, including myself there. During the interview we were asked about 4 questions and it was pretty relaxed. She went over our applications and let some of us go. I was the first round of people to go which I'm not sure if that's good or bad. And was told I am going to be called in a week.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was fairly easy like when was the last time you were late.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I applied on an online job board, submitted my resume and application. The next day, my local Kohls called me to set up a time for a interview. Attended the group interview, which went well, and we were told they would do a background check and then call us to let us know. In about a week's time, I received the call back and was offered a position and set up a time to come in for orientation!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I applied Online. Then I called about several different times leaving a message for their Manager (my name, and contact number). About a month after applying HR called to schedule an interview. I wasn't sure if the interview was open or closed until I got there. The Interview was Open. We had two managers sit in one being the store and another being one of the assistant mangers who worked customer service. I was in a group of about 7 other people. Before the interview began they gave us information about their hiring process( they would email us the job offer with several forms attached for us to fill out, also are pay grade and if we were hired how our hours would be). Each manger asked a question and then called on each party to answer it. The questions were along the lines of what is your past experience, why do you want this job, name a time when...etc?. This was easy because it allowed me to expand on someone else's answer and compare it to my own before answering. After the interview immediately I got the E-mail. Within a week they scheduled me for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • If you catch an employee stealing from the store what should you do and what should be the consequences?   View Answer
    No Negotiation. Everything was as stated.

Warehouse/Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewood, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewood, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I really did not know what to expect from this interview process. I was allowed to pick an interview time, but when I arrived, I saw that at least 30 other people were interviewing at the same time. Our names were added to a list, and we had to wait to be called back for individual interviews. While the staff seemed friendly enough, I felt like a faceless body in the herd. They were looking for bodies. As long as you could pass a drug test and a background check, you had a job. They did emphasize that you were required to work 5 ten hour shifts a week, and one day had to be a weekend day. Also, you would be required to be on your feet for the entire 10 hours, except for your lunch break and two other small breaks in the day. It was also emphasized that these positions are really hard work, and no one would want to ask for overtime, because they would be too worn out. They do offer an incentive program. If you show up to work on time each day you are slated to work in a week, you earn an extra $3 an hour. Warehouse associates also receive a 20% discount in the Kohl's stores.

Interview Questions
    • No question was very difficult. If you can stand the manual labor, you were hired.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I applied for two different stores. Gtoup interviews for both. The store at Whitehall, PA took the interview seriously while the other one in Easton, PA not so much. At the Whitehall store, we were asked to fill out the paperworks first, two people interviewed the group, asked questions one by one and gave enough time for everyone to answer and listened carefully. The whole process took about one and an half hour. In the Easton store, the manager interviewed the group himself and picked about 5 questions to ask and allowed each person to answer it within one or two sentences. We were asked to fill out the paperworks after the interview by someone else. The whole process took about 30 minutes. For the backgroud check, two of four references provided were called the next day after the interview. Was called a week after the interveiw for job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had conflicts with others and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online and two weeks later they called me for an interview. It was a group interview of 6 and I believe 4 out of 6 were hired. The questions were all pretty basic.. and two days later I received an offer.

*you must consent to drug test*

Interview Questions: Do you agree with the statement "the customer is always right?" How do you feel about being late to work and/or is it acceptable? Tell me about a time you worked for a stressful job and what did you do to help? Have you ever had an employee not follow the rules and if so what did you do to stop it? ... i'm not sure what the others were but I know one was like what do you do to keep structure in the workplace.

Interview Questions
    • no questions were difficult, but I wasn't told it was a group interview so just be prepared   Answer Question
    I requested minimum wage on my app and was offered 5 cents over so that was nice.

Kohls Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

Some lady came out and took me to a makeshift room in a trailer. She asked me some extremely childish and remedial questions, such as "how do you feel about missing work". This lady then asked me what job I wanted and I didn't care because I just needed a job for a couple weeks. She said Inventory Control and gave a example of the job duties so I agreed. I learned that she is a total liar as I "agreed" to work there and the actual job duties are completely different than what was said. They should tell their employees who hire others what misrepresentation means.

No negotiation.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

The process started with on campus recruiting at the career fair. There was then a 30 minute interview, which was pretty laid back and conversational. After this there was a final round interview at corporate in Milwaukee, Wisconsin that consisted of three one on one interviews that lasted 30 minutes and a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • If Kohl's were to bring in a new celebrity collaboration/ brand who would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Im applied in snagajob and 3 days laters they call me for a interview. The ask me two questions and then they gave me a papers to fill out and check my background check. Pass 5 days and they call me again to a orientation and offer me a job.

Interview Questions
    • What to talk about yourself?   View Answer
    • You are available to work on holidays and weekend?   View Answer
    No negotiation because is seasonal position.