Kohl's Interview Questions

1,362 Interview Reviews

2.2

MJM Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Vacaville, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and two days later got an email to schedule a day to interview with them. On the day of the interview I met with the manager, she asked a few questions and in the end offered me other positions that she would love me to try as well. When the interview ended she gave me a small card that says you will get emailed 24-48 hours after the interview to determine if you are qualified or not. 2 days later I got the email with an offer and the orientation date. Overall the interview was a pleasant experience and the manager was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult choice you have ever made and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a moment you had to take lead and how did you manage to do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Previous work experience will make you stand out.

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Springfield, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

They performed group interviews, it was really easy going. The smaller the group, the more opportunity you had to actually answer the questions. If you were in a big group, it was nearly impossible to stand out. Not everyone was able to answer every question. However the interviewing process itself was fairly easy. I believe this is mainly due to it being seasonal hiring. They hire almost everyone who interviews. Then after the season is over, they decide who to keep. I was kept, as were most people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They tell you what pay you will be started out at, the position you will be working, and when you need to come in for orientation.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Highland, IN) in September 2011.

Interview

There was one interview with a group of other people in the room as well. They already were going to hire me since I already knew someone there. They didn't ask any questions, they instead had me fill out a paper that had certain questions on it.

Interview Questions

• They made us watch a video and really didn't ask us anything. I remember other people in the room also applying for the position but I remember all of us were hired.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate the pay at all. The job started at minimum wage and you weren't able to negotiate that. But they do give a yearly raise.

Merchandising Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Quick process. I had an initial interview on campus, then brought the Milwaukee for final round within 2 weeks. They did a presentation and then group interviews for a day-long event.

Store Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kohl's (Riverside, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

On campus interview. I was accepted to interview for store management intern and one of Kohl's representative come on campus to interview the students. The interview process takes about 20 minutes. Most of the interview questions are based on your experience and accomplishment to know how you solve difficult decisions if there's any. After one-on-one interview on campus, if you pass, they interview you again with the warehouse manager. The process could be different depending on the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your plans after graduation? Describe a situation in which you have to act as a leader? What is the result? What differentiate you from other qualified candidates?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's in August 2015.

Interview

I had an open interview, this is probably something they do often so get there 15min early like I did so the interviewer won't be worn out! Anyway, it was very positive, though I started a bit shaky, I pulled through. The hiring manager was very nice so, just make sure you are talking 50% of the time. I didn't have any work history so if you're like me you will have a giant whole in your app and interview, so make sure you instead have some type of volunteer experience to tell her/him about. I also think you should make them laugh at least once, these people are looking for associates who they can work with and be kind to customers so come out as outgoing and energetic as possible. Last but not least this is not just a time for someone to ask you questions! Besides, this is where you'll be spending your time and labor so you should ask 3-5 questions afterwards. Don't be afraid to write them down beforehand as managers love to see that you are taking part in YOUR interview and owning it. First ask a couple personal questions like "How long have you worked here" and, "What do you love about working here" then ask some questions you might have about the job as a whole like about the hourly pay, the scheduling, and then just nod, smile, and say "I accept!"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What do you look for in a manager? And what would you do to be a good sales associate?   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

There was a group interview. You then call to set up an individual interview. They ask about customer service experience and suggest scenarios you could end up in. You are asked to find solutions to theses imaginary scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working in customer service?   Answer Question

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

One on campus interview and then a final round interview on Kohl's campus. The first round was only a half hour with 1 interviewer, and the final round was 3 half hour interviews and 1 group interview. Neither of them were very stressful- the interviewers were all very friendly and wanted really just to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, weaknesses? What has been your biggest accomplishment? Pretty standards questions in the first round. Second/final round was more so a walk thru of my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Glendale, AZ) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview was in a group setting. About 10 other applicants and 2 managers were in one room, sitting around a table. The managers took turns asking basic customer service type questions to the whole group at once and the interviewees had to offer up answers quickly to get their voice heard. We were expected to answer about four of the questions with specific, well-thought out answers.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asked you for help finding something in a department other than the one you were working in, how would you respond?   1 Answer

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

The interview was short. My availability was a key factor in my employment. I was able to set a follow-up and start date within days of the first interview.