Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.2

Android Engineer Interview

HR contacted via linked in, took them 2 weeks to get my resume to hiring manager, Hiring manager called and asked some technical questions, overall it was slow process for me compare to other companies.

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

The internship process was standard. I was first asked some behavioral questions, and then I was told about the position and what to expect. All my question were answered. Personally, I thought the answers were vague and not very helpful. The interview was brief and to the point. This was my first interview

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I applied for the position on a Monday evening and on Tuesday afternoon they called to schedule an interview. The interview was very relaxed the hiring manager was friendly and straight forward. Their company is very customer service oriented so that was the main focus of my responses

I interviewed on Thursday the next Friday they called to offer employment. All in all good experience so far. I have orientation next week.

Interview Questions
    • How do you define customer service? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    Orientation on Thursday

Assistant Store Manager Interview

It was quick and to the point. Interviewed with two different people and was given an offer soon after. There is no discussion of placement on pay. It was to the point.

None

POS Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in July 2013.

I was called in for an initial interview it was quick. I got a call back a few days later to come back for a second interview and was offered the job. I came back in a few days later fill out my paperwork and waited for the background check before I could begin training.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

Got an initial phone call to schedule interview. The day of the interview, I was surprised it was a small group interview with me and another person. We sat with the Supervisor and the Assistant Manager and the Assistant Manager asked us questions like why we wanted to work here and behavioral questions to get a gauge of our work ethic.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

After getting in touch with a recruiter, she set up an interview day where I met with 3 design managers and 2 senior designers to see which department I would best fit in. It was a very casual, fun interview. You can tell that everyone who works there, loves being there which was nice to see. I chatted with all the designers and went through my portfolio with them; very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any hard questions; it was a very casual interview.   Answer Question

I was offered a position to work for another company.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I was referred by a current employee of Kohl's. I received an email from the recruiter with a link to a video interview. You have 7 days to complete the interview. The video interview had 5 questions that you record yourself answering. After that you go to Milwaukee for two days of in-person interview and then they extend offers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in retail at Kohl's?
      What makes a good team?
      What are some of your favorite jobs?
      What's an example of when you've been analytical with finances?
      Describe the characteristics of your favorite mentor or manager.
        Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in July 2012.

I was scheduled for an interview after I contacted store management. I did apply online first, through a Snag-aJob. I had one interview with the second in command of the store. It was very quick, as he had very few questions. He reviewed my resume and asked for references. I was called with a job offer within an hour of leaving the store. I was able to start the next week.

Interview Questions
    • The questions regarding pay were the most difficult as the starting pay was so low.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

POS Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2013.

It was a group interview with about 6-8 other associates. They would go around the circle and ask three people the same question and then ask the next three a different question. they would ask the question, you would give your response, then they would ask the same question to the next two people. Make sure you can sit where they ask you first, otherwise you will repeat what others have said before you. they will ask if you feel comfortable soliciting credit from customers. As a POS associate they will really want you to be comfortable I'm asking customers for a Kohls credit card.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable soliciting credit?   View Answer