Kohl's

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.2

Summer Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

Was sent an email after applying through website, to complete the first interview within a couple days. The first interview entailed myself recording answers to questions via the software HireVue. Only five questions were asked. All were very basic.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a mentor in your life, what skills do they harness that make them significant and effective?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's.

very child like, didn't even ask for my resume.
    I filled out application and turned into store. Next day got a date for an interview. Went into the interview, I was smarter than the interviewer who is the store manager. Didn't ask pertinent questions.
    Didn't offer anything about the store, the type of employee for the type of job being hired for. Hired and told to wait for Orientation date, which was 2 weeks later.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Met with a recruiter at my college career fair. Received an initial on campus interview. The interview was fairly straight forward. There was a case question that you receive 10 minutes before the interview that you just go over with the interviewer and then then questions were fairly behavioral. Got asked to interview at their final round at the Milwaukee headquarters. The final round consists of 3 one on one interviews and then a group case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name one time you dealt with a manager you did not get one with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

It was a group Interview with 8 people and 2 people asking questions. After asking a series of questions and allowing each person to answer every question, they asked me and another person to stay behind to ask more questions about the applications we submitted. We were offered positions on the spot.

IT Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

Met with recruiter at job fair, then applied online. A few days later was emailed to set up in On-Campus interview. About 5 days later, got another email saying I was being invited out to Milwaukee for a final interview. Was taken out to dinner with other students, and got a tour of the city. Next day we had interviews and corporate tours.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

They do group interviews and a lot of times hire you and have you fill out paperwork pending on your background coming back clean. They will hire anyone for part time work as long as you have good availability.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked retail before?   Answer Question
    • Do you like working with people?   Answer Question
    • Do you understand that Black Friday, Christmas Eve, and the day after Christmas are mandatory work days?   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Cosmetics Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kohl's.

Initial interviews here are like corralling cattle. After working here for a time I realized they did this several times a week because they couldn't hang on to their employees. I went through 2 rounds of interviews - on initial and then a return interview for my specific supervisory position. This is a big company and everything they do is formulated.

Interview Questions
    I don't think they negotiate. Everything is formulated.

POS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

I completed an application online and was contacted for an interview about a week later. I was not involved in a group interview, which I'm seeing is what most people experience. I was asked the basics: Do you have retail experience? Do you have a problem soliciting credit? Tell me about a bad customer experience and how you turned it around. Do you have issues being on time?

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, is the customer always right?   View Answer
    No negotiation. They state the starting pay, which was above minimum wage. This was part-time for me, so I was fine with it.

Jewelry Specialist Interview

It was a basic cattle call...... they just were looking for bodies for Christmas. No real interview... just filled out papers and you were hired...... very weird They decided where to put you and then told you when to start. Seems like its a no brainer to get hired at Kohls

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

First we had to fill out a basic job application. Then we had the group interview of about 7 people. We sat around a large table with the hiring manager who asked questions starting with a different person each time. It was a fun upbeat atmosphere. A couple of questions were about our personal Kohls experience- did we have a Kohls Card and did we have a Rewards Card. It seemed like he was trying to somewhat sell the people who didn't have a charge card on why they should get one. Other questions were I think trying to figure out our personality types - what type of tree would you be and why, for example. At the end he selected 2 of us to select team members from the group. Then each team had to "sell" something random from a group of objects on the table. Overall it wasn't a bad experience. There were several group interviews that day and I see the ad for positions at that particular store is still up, so I don't know how many people they need for one store, so it seems like they might be selecting maybe a few out the groups.

Interview Questions
    • What type of tree would you be and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little about yourself including if you have a Kohls card or Rewards card, a situation when you dealt with conflict and what you did to resolve it, and what position you would be most interested in at Kohls.   Answer Question