Kohl's

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.2

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in December 2014.

Initial communication by phone, with a follow up of online tests prior to the interview. Interview was scheduled only one day, with two different time options. The interview consisted of one group presentation: finding the solution to a store issue. This was followed by two one on one interviews with the executive team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2010.

I got hired on as a seasonal employee, so we just had one big group interview. I'm pretty sure everyone was hired since they are extremely desperate for help that time of year. They kept me on afterwards however, and honestly I think it was because I was one of the only one dressed appropriately and spoke like I had at least a middle school education.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer needed help in another area while you were working in your department?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in December 2014.

Submitted application online the night before, was contacted the very next morning to set up in person interview at 12 noon that same day. I went to my interview about 20 minutes early, and waited for interviewer to call me. It was a one on one interview, not a group interview like i expected it to be from all the reviews i read. The interviewer was very nice and friendly, and asked me a few questions. Interview process itself was about 10 minutes, after the interview he took me to another room where i filled out some paperwork (background check, references, employers) and told me i was hired, i would be working men's and juniors department, and told me to come to orientation that same night at 6 and to bring my id, social security card, and voided check to get banking info for direct deposit. The whole process took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself...
      Why do you want to work for kohls?
      What position are you most interested in?
      Are you familiar with our kohls charge program and rewards?

Answer Question
    Hourly wage $ 8.05

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I was connected with a recruiter and completed an online video interview. The second round of interviews was held at their corporate office outside of Milwaukee and consisted of a group dinner, tour of the offices, and presentations on the company. The interview process consisted of three 1:1 interviews as well as a group interview. I enjoyed the entire experience and was impressed with how much goes into their internship program. Our travel, hotel, and food expenses were covered. The three 1:1 interviews consisted of basic behavioral questions and felt as if the interviewers were genuinely trying to get to know me. In the group interview we were given a business situation that we had to analyze and present a solution within 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions. How would you deal with a difficult team member?   Answer Question
    Non negotiable

Kohl's Part Time Associate Home/Kids Department Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

My application was for a new store opening. They do group interviews. You attend with about 5 other people, and usually two members of the store leadership team sit in and conduct the interview. They ask the usual questions. It's incredibly easy to get an offer, since they are such a large company. They hire based on personality and actively seek a diverse and offbeat associate culture.

Interview Questions
    • They do ask for specific instances of customer service standouts, etc.   Answer Question
    At the lower level, I get the feeling you are pretty much unable to negotiate. But the interview process is hectic, and that could be a big part of it. I would definitely suggest taking time to negotiate your wages - Kohl's management is, in my experience, incredibly generous and flexible, and really does want to meet your needs so you'll be happy working with them.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

I went on my interview literally the day after I handed in my application and was in and out in 10 minutes. The questions were very simple and mainly consisted on where i'd like to work within the store - an indicator that I had already gotten the job regardless of the questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked was what would I do in the situation of not having an item that a customer was looking for.   Answer Question

Point of Sale Associate Interview

I was hired during the holiday season. The interview was not difficult at all. The entire hiring process took around 2-3 weeks. I applied mid-October and was called in for the interview around the starting of November.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I applied to the company for seasonal employment, I received a call two days later which shocked me because I always imagined it was nearly impossible for them to give me a call back since I have no experience and I have applied many times before but anyway it ended up being a group interview. I dressed very professional. There were 4 other people there with me and 3 were dressed in jeans and just looked very casual. I was very participant throughout the interview, I smiled and answered kindly and honest, while the others were being very shy and short but there was one lady who had said she had just got hired at another retail job and was just wanting to work with this company "to keep her busy" which made me kinda upset because I NEEDED this job and she was just looking fir busy work. They guy seemed to really like me but of course there were only so many positions to fill and there was more groups coming in but I believe I should have been hired because I was very active and the others answered shortly. I was highly disappointed. Not only that but he asked THREE questions, how can you even determine who to hire??? 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Why do you want to work here? 3. How long do you want to be here? Very unprofessional and he didn't ask us how we would react to certain situations or anything. A week later I received a The only reason I was not furious about the whole thing is that they had bunches of groups coming in, who more than likely had more experience than me but I feel like they knew that prior to me showing up because I put no experience on my application. It was a waste of my time.

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in April 2014.

It was a group interview. Pretty easy, just be yourself and talked about previous customer service experience. Everyone went around answering the same questions. Then after some of us were asked to take a tour of the store. Then when we came back they told us that we were chosen to be hired. After that you start filling out some of the paper work.

Interview Questions
    You come in and start training the same week.

Merchandise Analyst Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I applied online at Kohls.com. I received an email requesting a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was not an interview at all. The recruiter explained the position and the interview process. The next step was a video interview where you record yourself answering 5 questions. If selected to continue, you would then have 3 interviews at corporate headquarters followed by a group interview

Interview Questions
    • Video Interview Questions:
      Why do you want to work in retail at Kohl's?
      What are some of your favorite jobs?
      What makes a good team?
      What's an example of when you've been analytical with finances?
      Describe the characteristics of your favorite mentor or manager.

Answer Question