Kohl's Interview Questions

1,233 Interview Reviews

2.2

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Salem, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on snagajob and I recieved an email for a group interview about a week and half later. During the interview he explained what kind of job you would be doing, dress code, and what the next steps would be. The group was small about 6(7 if you include me) and it seemd laid back. I haven't recieved an offer yet, wont know for a few days yet.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Staten Island, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. Only three days after I applied for a job was I contacted for an interview. It is a group interview and the questions where not that difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a job where you were required to take on more responsibility than what you signed on for and if so how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Applicant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surprise, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Surprise, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy and straight forward. group interview with 3 others Solid and fun questions. No need to worry about anything because it is very straight forward. the questions were not difficult and mostly were your opinions and what you wanted to accomplish in life

Interview Questions

• Is the Customer Always Right?   1 Answer

User Experience Lab Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Milpitas, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one of the recruiters. He was very nice; he told me about the company and asked me about my background. I had a great interview overall, but as all the other corporate interview posts below me will tell you, I never received a call back. I was told that I would hear back from them about the position after the recruiter said I was a great fit for the role...but....crickets. I sent a follow-up email but didn't hear back.

Granted, it's a large company and I'm pretty sure small roles like this get thrown under the table until they are really, really needed, but come on Kohls...don't waste my time. It's incredibly unprofessional to keep disappearing on candidates. At least send an automated message/email saying that you've decided to discontinue the position or you've found another candidate or whatever the case may be....not cool. Not cool.

Interview Questions

• General background questions about my resume and how it relates to the position.   Answer Question

Freight Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Lexington Park, MD) in July 2011.

Interview

Group interview. Asks a lot of scenario based questions. They start by walking the group from the front of the store to the back to see if anyone naturally talks to customers, if they talk a lot, etc.
    A lot of paperwork is completed during the interview. Sometimes, you have to talk over other interviewees to get to answer any questions. Some questions are directed to the group, and some to individuals.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was just having a fit and just really wanted an item that isn't right on the shelf, what do you do?   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Baltimore, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

Fast fairly easy . Basic questions like your experience your strengths /weaknesses etc. went on your of the premises same day offered the position same day. Orientation was a week later. Interviewer was friendly interview lasted only like 15 minutes. I felt over dressed for the interview compared to the two others that was there for an interview . We all got offered a position .

Interview Questions

• Have you worked for any other departments stores in the pass?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Started at 12/hr told them I had prior experience in that same position went to 13.50/hr

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Vacaville, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Group interview and it was very fun. I felt very comfortable and can tell they were trying to make everyone feel at ease. The managers were trying to make it fun like we were already friends and that the work place could be fun if hired.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Princeton, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Called in from an application I did on SnagaJob. Group interview. The hiring manager called the day of to set up the interview and orientation. Thank God I was free at night. There was about 3 other people being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes up to you and asks you a question you don't know the answer to, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very simple, it probably took if too much 20 minutes, I wasn't feeling nervous at all because the supervisors are so awesome. I came in 10 minutes earlier, I was called to an office and talked to one of the supervisors, her name was Mary Jane, awesome lady very friendly, she asked me about me, about my past experience with retail stores, my thoughts about what it means to give good customer service, questions about how I responded to difficult situations in the past, she asked me about my availability of course, and I noticed they like to see you open minded to be flexible, and possibly change roles or activities around the store. But in general they seem to be very stable.

Central Staffing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Menomonee Falls, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was really friendly and we had a connection instantly. She started with an overview of how phone interview will be conducted. We started with a review of my professional experience then she went on with what the job is all about and lastly, she gave a brief description of the company and it's plans on hiring.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you had to make a decision and how did you come up with that decision?   1 Answer