Kohl's Interview Questions

2.2

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in December 2014.

Team interview, on top of two separate interviews with hiring managers. The questions were easy and the managers were very friendly. The team interview was tough because none of us knew anything about retail management or selling clothes. It was really just a case study and they wanted to see your leadership ability among the group.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself in retail in five years or in corporate management?   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in March 2015.

The interview consisted of a case study, followed by two interviews with store managers. Interviewers and interviewees were gathered around the table for introductions. Immediately afterward, interviewees were assigned to groups - whoever is sitting next to you. There were two groups of 3. We were given 30 min to solve a management challenge. The prompt involved an employee who violated the dress code, an employee who had attendance issues, and an otherwise excellent associate who was rude to the district manager. After collaborating, we presented our strategies.

My first interview was awkward. My interviewer admitted that he was looking at the candidate questions, for the first time, during my interview... My resume was right there, but he didn't acknowledge it. It was pretty unprofessional and the interview was greatly hampered by his lack of preparation.

My second interviewer did most of the talking. I was really only asked why I wanted a position with Kohl's. It was pretty low-key. He stressed that Kohl's was looking for students serious about management, implying that he weeded out those trying to "test out" the profession.

** I just remembered that there was a test required before the face to face interview. There were a bunch of questions with "no right, or wrong answer." This is not true. Of course there is the personality indicator, but there are also management situations were you have options that you rank as being "the best" or "the worst." At the end there were 20 math questions. The last 5 were very difficult.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in March 2015.

The interview went well I thought. I was told I would receive an email the next day and didn't. I called that day to say I was still interested and I was told I would receive an email the next day. And yet again, I didn't. I was hoping to receive an email one way or another. Either an offer or they choice to select another candidate.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview process was very easy. First sat for a group interview, then I was to call the manager back to see if I still wanted to come in for an individual interview. The interview was pleasant, not hard at all! After a few questions, I was asked to start the paperwork to move forward!

Interview Questions
    • What challenges have you faced in the workplace perviously, and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flowood, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flowood, MS

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in February 2011.

Very fair. Met with Store Manager who used her discernment to train me to work in three separate areas, gave me paperwork to fill out and return to her. Once results of drug test were submitted, I was hired.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in February 2015.

I applied online and got a interview call 2 weeks later. I was expecting technical questions but the questions was about my previous experience. its been months now i haven't heard back from them and the Kohl's job site still shows the status Under consideration. I mailed and followed up with the recruiter but no response from him.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in March 2011.

Simple. College interview; very subjective and casual. Phone screening was about 30 minutes long. In person interview was pretty casual. I was expecting and prepared for situational type questions. He interviewer was more interested in getting to know me.

Operations Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's in December 2014.

Quick and Brief Interviewing store manager did not have much time. We discussed my past experience and he gave me a general description of the job and what tasked i would be performing . I had a second interview with my direct supervisor to further evaluate my compatibility with the team.

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe you bring to the table?   View Answer

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in March 2015.

I have worked for Kohl's Department store for three years. This does NOT matter in the interview process/internship position. I spoke with a university recruiter on the phone and from there he sent me a link to the video interviews which you are given a week to complete. From there I was moved on to the third interview process. The night before the final interview event, Kohl's hosted a candidate dinner where you meet your group for the final interview's group case study. The dinner is relaxed and a current employee from the buying team will be there to talk with and answer your questions about the interview to their best ability. The next day you go to the Menomonee Falls corporate offices and eat brunch. Then they split up the candidates into two groups. One group will move on to their interviews and the others will tour the building and wellness center. The interviews were very relaxed with multiple people interviewees and interviewers in a room. Three one on one interviews take place and then the group study occurs. The case study is very important. Do not steam roll others, but make sure to participate and get your words out. As a retail merchandising student, I was intimidated by the finance majors in my group, therefore, effecting my performance and confidence. The case study was: "If Kohl's were to make a pop-up shop, where would they do it, what would they sell (products, assortment etc.), and at what price.

Interview Questions
    • What on your resume are you most proud of?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a vendor if they sent an order of 2,000 sandals to a Wisconsin store in November when it was supposed to go to a California store?   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

The Interview was a group interview and was very easy. there was only three of us and the Manager. A question was asked and we each got a chance to answer it, also the three of us got to talk about recent employment/volunteer experience and why'd we'd be perfect for the job