Kohl's

2.2

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Three steps, first met with a campus manager at a career fair, then scheduled an interview with some store managers, and then had a final interview with some district managers at a store. All interviews were complex, they took good notes and really were looking to find the right person for the job. They aren't joking around!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What have you been doing in your career that has made you successful?
      Tell me about a time you failed
      How do you motivate people?

Answer Question

POS Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Employee in South Elgin, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2013.

It was a group interview. They called to schedule an interview. We met and they asked a question and then we went around in a circle and answered them. They went in a different order each time so that nobody went first every single time. There were about five people in my group interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

on campus, submit resume and the recruiter invited an interview in campus. the process is normal, just ask some behavior questions. 2 people interviewed me. one is asking another is writing. they just read a list of questions.

MIT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

The interview process was very easy. They ask a lot of behavioral questions and then do some testing about data analysis and math. The actual process took a couple days and involved talked witH company executives as well as presenting in front of a large panel displaying any leadership or organization skills. Ultimately they want to know what you want out of them.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you were put into a challenging situation how did you get out?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Kohl's.

Phone interviews and then there was a group interview, Hr went around asking all of us the same questions. Most of the questions were behavioral questions. Nothing was too difficult and everyone was nice and polite. Afterwards I got the initial call that I got hired, I started about 1 week later. I was trained the first day and by the next day I was by my own,

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

I applied for it online and was asked to come in for a group interview about a week later. They had about 7 of us come in and asked questions where multiple people or the entire group respond best they could. I got a job offer a few days later. Overall, it was kind of nice and fast.

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2013.

Got the interview with a school Career Fair. Questions were very behavioral and kind of far fetched. Very hypothetical and vague questions. It also seemed like they were evaluating every single candidate on a printed out form where they checked off certain things that you said. Last, I didn't like that they wanted me to live on campus.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you didn't have the resources to complete a problem and how you went about solving that problem.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2011.

There was me and five other people in the room and we went around introducing ourselves and telling the interviewer about us. After that she asked questions about our previous jobs and asked what we would do in different situations.

Interview Questions
    • About my recent jobs and some "what would you do if..."   Answer Question

Store Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

I went to a career fair and talked to a recruiter. She encouraged me to sign up for the on-campus interview so I did. It took about a week to get the confirmation and my interview was set up a week later. It was a very typical formal interview, he asked questions such as "Tell me about yourself", "What do you know about Kohl's?", and questions on previous job experiences. It was going pretty well, until he asked me if I had any leadership experience. I couldn't think on top of my head and started to panic, so I replied no. It went downhill from there. He basically told me that I wasn't fit for the internship because they were looking for someone with leadership skill. I knew right then that he had written me off. But he was nice and provided advice on how I should answer the question and get more leadership experience.

POS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in January 2015.

It was a group interview. Fairly easy, there was me and two other people in the interview. The manager handed me a packet of papers to fill out and two weeks later I was offered a postition. It was an overall good experience. I would say that the questions were basics like what you would do if a customer was unhappy, a time you received good customer service and just about yourself.

No negotiation