Kohl's Interview Questions

1,112 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Lexington, KY) in April 2013.

Interview

mostly behavioral questions. Lasted about 30 minutes and there are two recruiters come to interview me. They are pretty relaxed and laid back. They have a interview sheet which have 1 list of questions on there. And they asked every single question on the list.

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Plainfield, IL).

Interview

When I got to the interview, I realized it was going to be a group interview. First, we all filled out our applications and when we were done she called everyone back to a room to sit together at one table. We answered questions one at a time. It was pretty intimidating for me especially because most of the others had prior work experience and their answers were simply better than mine. But a good thing about a group interviews is it gives you time to think about your response to a question, unless you answer first. Just be prepared for a group interview when applying at Khols and practice what you're going to say.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Kenosha, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

It seemeed legit, ntil I met the person, then I was immediately apprehensive, the way they treat new hires is so terrible, you will go to find out for yourself, but please trust me these people are worse than awful, I have 15 years experience in retail sales, the ONLY reason I ended up here is because I was desperate, it is better to be unemploted than to work for Kohl's.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation? you are joking right, the worst people I have ever been in contact with in all of my retail experience, avoid this place at all costs.

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview, in the phone interview they told me that there was a hiring fai at a hotel and invited me. Had my interview for about 15 minutes. They called back about 3 days later letting me know I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Retail Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Columbus, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

It was a group interview and I went back with about 4 others. KOhl's was doing a mass hiring to get ready for the Christmas shopping season.
    I didnt get the job

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a angry customer   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

Interview

It was simple and quick. Interviewed with the DLPM and then with the store manager, started within a week. They asked pretty "normal" interview questions. Asked about my background in the field and what experience I have. What skills I have that will relate to the job. Also, they asked how long I was planning on staying with Kohl's.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any loss prevention experience?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manahawkin, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Manahawkin, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

Easy to complete. Quick quetion done by semi-professional people. I was very nervous as it was my first job, but I did fine. I felt over qualified for the job even though I was still in college. I feel like I could have conducted the interview. I went in personally and came back the next day to interview. Overall, very easy for high school and college kids to get a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's (Laredo, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

It was done in a group, pretty basic questions nothing very hard. They asked us a question and each of us answered at a time. The whole process was very fast. The person in charge realyl needed to get things done.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Hamilton, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Group setting. We were there almost an hour and a half. Was asked questions, took tour and explained process of Kohls credit card. I am usually a very nervous person during interviews. This manager and the setting was very relaxed and friendly. Know your answers before you go in. Believe it or not people still say I need a job thats why I am here. I learned my lesson with that when the interview I went to ended after I said that. Disappointed in the pay, not my 1st job. Be honest and think the questions through. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Why you applied for a job at kohls?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Gratiot, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Fort Gratiot, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Was a group interview, they went around the room and asked everyone the same question, was very professional, and a good reflection of the store. The store manager conducted the interview and any nerves decreased relatively quick.

Interview Questions

• What is a way to make a customer feel welcome and appreciated in the store?   1 Answer