Kohl's

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.2

POS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview was a big group interview. They were clearly desperate because everybody was hired, even people that did not come dressed up. Very little training, basically put you to work soon after.

no negation

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online and eventually got a call to set up an interview and come in. The interview was extremely easy - tell me about yourself, how do you deal with a difficult customer, etc. After a little while the HR manager told me what was expected in my position and I was immediately given paperwork to fill out and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - start at minimum wage, reviews every August (no matter when you're hired) to determine a raise

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

Applied through my college application/interview website, and heard back a few weeks later to set up on on-campus interview. 30 minute interview. Most of the interview was spent with me asking the interviewer questions, as per his request. Very comfortable and conversational

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to spend most of the interview asking him questions.
      Tell me about a time you resolved conflict working in a team and how you did it.
        Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

It was a group interview, asked about four questions and one of them was 'who is your idol.' It was easy, I felt confident. She called me by my name the whole time.

I left after being the first one called back. She said she would contact me. I waited a week, nothing yet. So I called them. Turns out they told me if they didn't let me stay, I wasn't hired, but they'd 'keep me on file.'

What a bunch of bull, right?

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

It is a group interview, so the interviewer asks one question and goes around the room to ask the same question. He does not always choose the same person to ask first, so be prepared to answer first at least once. The questions were relatively easy, mainly based on past experiences and different situations.

Interview Questions
    • What is great customer service?   Answer Question
    • Describe an overwhelming experience and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when your supervisor told you something you didn't agree with and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Kohl's and what are some qualities you think a Sales Associate needs to have?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Truck Unloader/Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Took about two days to get interview. Minimum wage starting out. Truck unload hours were 5am-10am. Retail varied. Still waiting to hear back from them. Said she had to run background check, check references and would let me know either by phone call if they proceeded to continue further or my letter if they declined.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like most about other companies that you had previously worked for. What were the things you didn't like...   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Came approx. 10 minutes earlier than scheduled, was on time and I dressed neatly. Was asked to wait outside of interview room then the manager came and escort me inside where other applicants were there and we were told to filled out employment forms prior to the interview. It was a fun, comfortable group interview. The manager was a very nice friendly lady. She asked about 10 questions which we all take turns answering. Nothing too hard, but we were told to answer the questions as different from the others as possible, in our own perspective. After that, we were allow to asked her any question regarding the store and her personal experience. At the end, she talked to each of us privately, and when it was my turn, I was told I got the job. The entire process took an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think the customer is always right?   View Answer
    • Name one time when you went above and beyond to help someone.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you got into a conflict with another co-worker or peers, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer asked you a question which you dont know the answer to?   Answer Question
    • What do you think "No Call, No Show" mean?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Applied online about 2 months before kohl's contacted me for an interview. Set up an interview time, thought it was going to be one on one but it was a group interview with 7 other people. I was the only one dressed professionally, which I thought was odd. The interviewer asked all of us to fill out an availability form, then she checked them and went around the table were we had to talk about our retail experience. 2 of the people had to leave because they weren't over 18, felt bad for them because on the online application it stated that you had to be over 18 to apply so they should have been flagged from the start. After we said our experience the interviewer talked about the next step, basically we had to wait on an email to consent to a background check and whatnot. And that we were all hired if we passed. However I did not think the job would be minimum wage since it was seasonal, and usually seasonal jobs pay somewhat well. So I was disappointed about the rate, and that there would be no overtime whatsoever. The interview process was somewhat quick. As soon as you walked in though you were basically forced to open a kohls charge before you were brought back to the interview room.

Pay rate too low.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I had a phone interview and then went in for a face to face. Meet with three people who are in leadership positions and they completed a group interview. Then I meet with the Human Resources Manager in a different room. The questions were general and easy. They were mostly talking about the job itself. It was an easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • What will you bring to the table to make it easier for us?   Answer Question
    It was non-negotiable.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

The day after I filled out the application, I was called in for an interview. When I got there I was asked to fill out a second application and give some additional information, then me and my group were called in to do a group interview. We were asked group questions and then given individual questions.Most were very typical of an interview (i.e. What does good customer service look like to you?) and then the interviewer invited questions about pay, raises, and scheduling, which was nice as I think many people feel uncomfortable asking about that in the initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw someone put putting merchandise in their bag?   View Answer

The pay was only 7.45 and hour and they wouldn't let me haggle for higher pay. They claimed they do raises but employees said the raises were a joke and basically just a cost-of-living adjustment.