Kohl's

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.2

Jewelry Specialist Interview

It was a basic cattle call...... they just were looking for bodies for Christmas. No real interview... just filled out papers and you were hired...... very weird They decided where to put you and then told you when to start. Seems like its a no brainer to get hired at Kohls

Seaonal Sales Associate | Part-Time Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

I received a call from Kohl's about 2 weeks after applying online. They told me to come in for an interview. I thought it was going to be a group interview after reading all the reviews on GlassDoor. However, my interview was 1-on-1. As I walked in, the manager asked for my availability and asked a few questions including: Tell me about your retail experience, What skills should a sales associate possess, and Is it ever acceptable to be late. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations since it was a part-time seasonal job.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online and two weeks later they called me for an interview. It was a group interview of 6 and I believe 4 out of 6 were hired. The questions were all pretty basic.. and two days later I received an offer.

*you must consent to drug test*

Interview Questions: Do you agree with the statement "the customer is always right?" How do you feel about being late to work and/or is it acceptable? Tell me about a time you worked for a stressful job and what did you do to help? Have you ever had an employee not follow the rules and if so what did you do to stop it? ... i'm not sure what the others were but I know one was like what do you do to keep structure in the workplace.

Interview Questions
    • no questions were difficult, but I wasn't told it was a group interview so just be prepared   Answer Question
    I requested minimum wage on my app and was offered 5 cents over so that was nice.

Seasonal POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview went very well. Positive experience. Employees all smiled and seemed friendly. Got the job for flexible seasonal help, got home to find out they changed their minds due to my availability. So much for flexible schedule.

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online and eventually got a call to set up an interview and come in. The interview was extremely easy - tell me about yourself, how do you deal with a difficult customer, etc. After a little while the HR manager told me what was expected in my position and I was immediately given paperwork to fill out and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - start at minimum wage, reviews every August (no matter when you're hired) to determine a raise

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

About a month process - Got invited for an interview, two weeks later, interview process went great. Got asked to come in for a final interview, which was about two weeks after the first interview. Had to complete an assessment that included behavioral assessment about yourself and some statistic problems. Had a great time at the final interview, which included a case study as a group interview that was pretty easy to solve and had to present it to regional VP and district managers. Had one-on-one interview with the regional VP and one of the district managers and I can not stress enough how nice these ladies were. They were amazing ladies.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was allowing the other interviewers getting the chance to talk while trying to stand out also.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

very general.. not difficult at all.. general questions.. do you like retail.. do you have retailexperiencecan you follow instructions.. can you stand for long periods of time.. is your schedule very flexible.. do you have customer service experience..have you ever solicited credit from a customer..

there was no negatiation

POS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview was a big group interview. They were clearly desperate because everybody was hired, even people that did not come dressed up. Very little training, basically put you to work soon after.

no negation

Sales Floor Associate Interview

It was a group interview, asked about four questions and one of them was 'who is your idol.' It was easy, I felt confident. She called me by my name the whole time.

I left after being the first one called back. She said she would contact me. I waited a week, nothing yet. So I called them. Turns out they told me if they didn't let me stay, I wasn't hired, but they'd 'keep me on file.'

What a bunch of bull, right?

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

Applied through my college application/interview website, and heard back a few weeks later to set up on on-campus interview. 30 minute interview. Most of the interview was spent with me asking the interviewer questions, as per his request. Very comfortable and conversational

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to spend most of the interview asking him questions.
      Tell me about a time you resolved conflict working in a team and how you did it.

Answer Question