Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.2

Ad Set Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I applied on snagajob.com and received a call from the hiring manager a day later to come in for an interview. When I got there employees gave me strange looks and I felt a bit uncomfortable. I had a group interview. The interview went well though, it was pretty easy. I received another phone call 1 week later to come in for orientation. I'm going through training right now and so far I like the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went above and beyond?
      What does customer service mean to you?
        Answer Question
    There were no negotiations for the salary, I accepted it.

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

After getting in touch with a recruiter, she set up an interview day where I met with 3 design managers and 2 senior designers to see which department I would best fit in. It was a very casual, fun interview. You can tell that everyone who works there, loves being there which was nice to see. I chatted with all the designers and went through my portfolio with them; very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any hard questions; it was a very casual interview.   Answer Question

I was offered a position to work for another company.

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

I got my interview through campus recruiting. I had an initial interview which asked a lot of behavioral questions and questions about leadership roles. I then moved on to the final round of interviews which consisted of a group case interview and two more one on one interviews. All were very relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use math/technical skills, tell me about a time when you were in a leadership position and there was a conflict with someone in a group   Answer Question

Buying Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Kohl's really loves their employees and this is shown during their interviewing process for summer interns and full-time hires. They give tours of the city and each person encountered was kind and very interested in getting to know/help interviewees in any way they can.

Interview Questions
    • The case question was the hardest. Working with others you have never met before to come up with a business solution within 5 minutes is difficult.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online about a month later I applied again by accident. I got a call about a week later stating that they were holding interviews at 1 pm that next day. I dressed buisness casual and showed about 20 mins early. It was a group interview. We all went in and sat at a table. The lady was extremely nice and she asked us maybe 5 questions and we each had to answer them. They weren't hard at all. And then she through a "Kohls" question at us at the end. After we answered the questions she left the room and had a man come in, he asked us to tell him about our selves. I stated a couple facts about myself and why I wanted to work in retail. I'm a shy girl and I told him I know I may seem shy but I'm actually pretty outgoing. He said that's what he likes. So even though I seemed shy I made sure he knew I could be out going. After we talked to him he left and the hiring manager came back and said she was gonna call us back to talk to us one on one in order of the applications she asked on girl to go back, about 5 minutes later she came back and said "Were offering you a job at kohls!". I assume they brought the girl back to let her down in private. We filled out paperwork, got told that we would get called after the background check went through. Then I'll start the orientation process.

Interview Questions
    • If you had 15 minutes to spend with anyone, who would it be?   View Answer
    They offer 9.35 an hour, and a good amount of hours. They expect you to work on Thanksgiving no excuses or if ands or buts about it. If you can't you'll be terminated.

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Phone interview- was rather brief and to the point. Nothing out of the ordinary. Your basic questions of; "Why this company? Greatest strengths and weaknesses.." ect. As long as you are qualified, honest, and respectful...you should receive at the very least a follow-up interview.

Salary requirements not met.

Manager In Training Interview

Interviewed through an on-campus job fair. The interviewers were current store management and a disrtict manager. They asked about my leadership experience, both in work and in school, as well as how I would use my skills in a job setting. Once I made it to the second round, we interviewed in a store with several other candidates. We took a tour of the store and had interviews there.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part of the interview was when they put all of the candidates in a group in fron of the panel and gave us a case study. They asked us to devise a solution to the problem and observed us worknig together in a group.   Answer Question

Sale's Associate Interview

I applied on Snagajob, and got called within the week. I went in for an interview, and got a second interview with the store manager right away. They called me a few days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too difficult, but there were some duplicates between the two interviews so it was hard to come up with a new answer to the same question.   Answer Question

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's.

I submitted my written application form to the customer service desk and received a phone call to come in for an interview. I went dressed business casual and sat in a group interview. It was an extremely simple interview and as long as you present yourself intelligently, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any of the questions specifically but they were all common sense.   Answer Question
    Hourly wage means no negotiation.

AA Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffolk, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

I was interviewed in a group with about 15 other people. We were asked questions as a group and told to discuss different scenarios amongst one another. We were also asked a few questions about ourselves and our interests. This however, was six years ago. Since than we have done interviews with groups of five asking the most basic questions such as your strong points, why do you want this job, and what could you bring to this company.

Interview Questions
    • Your weak point. Seriously, there is nothing difficult about the interview as far as being hired as a part-time associate   Answer Question