Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.2

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I thought this was a joke. I applied online and was contacted within 24 hours. Went to a fairly simple sit down interview and literally up and left after I heard the starting pay was 7.55/hr.Was basically offered a job by simply applying.

I was looking for a little part-time gig for the holidays. I don't expect to get rich in a retail job, but minimum wage for a experience and a degree is pathetic. I answered some generic questions and when we got to the part on salary I literally laughed and said thank you, that'll be all and walked out.

Interview Questions
    • None. Tell me a time you gave great customer service... all the generic questions. For minimum wage, i dont know why they even bother   View Answer

The pay was terrible.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I was referred by a current employee of Kohl's. I received an email from the recruiter with a link to a video interview. You have 7 days to complete the interview. The video interview had 5 questions that you record yourself answering. After that you go to Milwaukee for two days of in-person interview and then they extend offers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in retail at Kohl's?
      What makes a good team?
      What are some of your favorite jobs?
      What's an example of when you've been analytical with finances?
      Describe the characteristics of your favorite mentor or manager.
        Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Got a call soon after applying. Applied online, before asking for personal information, had to pass a presonality quiz. It was a group interview with 5 other people. Had to fill out a few forms then we were asked some questions.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's.

I applied in person and i got called in for an interview along with other people too, it was pretty easy and more of a group interview, after that i spoke with the manager and was given the job

Manager In Training Interview

Glassdoor pretty much sums up all the questions you will get asked, found this site very useful.

What is the Kohls culture?
    How do you manage your time?
    Tell me about a time you failed?
    How did you handle a conflict with a manager?

better offer

District Visual Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

Very simple process. I was an internal candidate so there was an interview with the District Manager and then a corporate visual director via phone. It was very straight forward and helped that I was familiar with the District Manager as well as having a great relationship with my Store Manager who shared nothing but praise for my work. Make friends with your managers and gain their support.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about training a new visual long distance since travel is limited?   Answer Question
    • What are some ways in which you plan and organize your time, and how can this be implemented and shared with others to make them more efficient?   Answer Question
    • Where do you like to shop? What is it about these store environments that catches your attention?   Answer Question

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

After getting in touch with a recruiter, she set up an interview day where I met with 3 design managers and 2 senior designers to see which department I would best fit in. It was a very casual, fun interview. You can tell that everyone who works there, loves being there which was nice to see. I chatted with all the designers and went through my portfolio with them; very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any hard questions; it was a very casual interview.   Answer Question

I was offered a position to work for another company.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

Got an initial phone call to schedule interview. The day of the interview, I was surprised it was a small group interview with me and another person. We sat with the Supervisor and the Assistant Manager and the Assistant Manager asked us questions like why we wanted to work here and behavioral questions to get a gauge of our work ethic.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I applied for the position on a Monday evening and on Tuesday afternoon they called to schedule an interview. The interview was very relaxed the hiring manager was friendly and straight forward. Their company is very customer service oriented so that was the main focus of my responses

I interviewed on Thursday the next Friday they called to offer employment. All in all good experience so far. I have orientation next week.

Interview Questions
    • How do you define customer service? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    Orientation on Thursday

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I attended a career fair and got an interview. The types of questions asked were:

Tell me a time where you used your leadership skills?

Tell me a time where you had to count/ use numbers? i.e. stocking

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. The interview was a breeze.   View Answer