Kohl's Interview Questions

1,233 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Hilliard, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Arrived 30 mins early in case there was paperwork (there wasn't). Called in a little later than scheduled with 5 other people. I suspected it would be a group interview from reading other interviews on here. The interviewer started w bringing us all to a back room and we all sat facing her. The interviewer took attendance then described the positions available as well as what each job was like. Then she went around asking first what job each of us were applying for. Then she asked questions starting w a diff person each time but going in the same order. After 6 questions confirmed our availabilities and answered any questions. The atmosphere was like "let's get through this" but not in a "I'm annoyed" way. Then she said we will know if we did or didn't get the job by Friday (today is Tuesday).

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about a week later setting up an interview. Showed up and was given a basic application to fill out. Interview only lasted maybe 10-15 minutes. Pretty laid back, the regional LP person interviewed me. Just described the job and the company and talked about prior experience. Was told that store manager makes final decision and, if selected, I would need to be interviewed again by the manager.

Ad Set Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Little Falls, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy process, had to fill out some paperwork and answer 1 question. It was myself and one other Associate interviewed together, but each of us were there for different positions. I have to wait one week to find out if I am hired, because they do a background check. I was told if I pass the background check, I will receive a phone call with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porterville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Porterville, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

After reading a lot of reviews I thought that it would be a group interview but my interview was one on one. The started like 30 minutes late and made me fill out another application. The interview was pretty basic. They really just want someone who is available a lot. She told me right off the bat that the pay is $9.05 and they only hire part time.She also made me fill some papers after the interview to write down info and 4 references. They never told me that I was hired but I got called in for orientation so I guess I got the job. Also they never called my references.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a rude customer?
      What would you do if you didn't know the answer to a question a customer asked you.

Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back about 2 weeks later. Arrived 15 mins early and had to fill out some paperwork.
    Went to the office and talked to the manager, he was very nice and understanding. Wanted to actually get to know me.
    Standard questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable soliciting credit?   Answer Question
    • Do like to multitasking or work on one thing at a time?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone you had a disagreement. What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What was your experience like the last time you shopped at kohl's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Salem, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on snagajob and I recieved an email for a group interview about a week and half later. During the interview he explained what kind of job you would be doing, dress code, and what the next steps would be. The group was small about 6(7 if you include me) and it seemd laid back. I haven't recieved an offer yet, wont know for a few days yet.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within the week, I received an email from the recruiter requesting to set up a phone interview. The phone screen happened a couple days later and I really thought it went well - pleasant conversation, good vibe. It ended with her saying she would pass my information "up the chain". I really expected the next contact to be setting up a face to face interview with the hiring manager(s), but instead I got a rejection email the next week.

Central Staffing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Menomonee Falls, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was really friendly and we had a connection instantly. She started with an overview of how phone interview will be conducted. We started with a review of my professional experience then she went on with what the job is all about and lastly, she gave a brief description of the company and it's plans on hiring.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you had to make a decision and how did you come up with that decision?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Alhambra, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and later received an email for a group interview. Went to the group interview and there was about 8 other people there too. The person doing the interview came a bit late so it was a little awkward just sitting in the room with a group of strangers and there was no way to give a resume without interrupting the whole thing. We all went around telling a little bit about ourselves (including any work experience), why we love Kohl's, and which department we see ourselves in. She then asked us all 2 questions, (the first one I didn't pay attention to so I totally missed it and my response was just based off of other people's replies) so pay attention! The interview itself just took a long time because we all had to go around the room and answer the question. Oh and you also had to fill out a work schedule of availability.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to change your priorities?   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very simple, it probably took if too much 20 minutes, I wasn't feeling nervous at all because the supervisors are so awesome. I came in 10 minutes earlier, I was called to an office and talked to one of the supervisors, her name was Mary Jane, awesome lady very friendly, she asked me about me, about my past experience with retail stores, my thoughts about what it means to give good customer service, questions about how I responded to difficult situations in the past, she asked me about my availability of course, and I noticed they like to see you open minded to be flexible, and possibly change roles or activities around the store. But in general they seem to be very stable.