Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
1,108 Interview Reviews

2.2

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Hamilton, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Group setting. We were there almost an hour and a half. Was asked questions, took tour and explained process of Kohls credit card. I am usually a very nervous person during interviews. This manager and the setting was very relaxed and friendly. Know your answers before you go in. Believe it or not people still say I need a job thats why I am here. I learned my lesson with that when the interview I went to ended after I said that. Disappointed in the pay, not my 1st job. Be honest and think the questions through. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Why you applied for a job at kohls?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Interview process was very easy. First sat for a group interview, then I was to call the manager back to see if I still wanted to come in for an individual interview. The interview was pleasant, not hard at all! After a few questions, I was asked to start the paperwork to move forward!

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you faced in the workplace perviously, and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Interview

I did the interview online on my iPad through HireVue where I recorded my answers. There were 5 questions and they gave you 30 seconds to prepare your answer for each. It was very quick and it was really nice that I was able to complete the interview on my own time in the privacy of my apartment

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made a mistake.
      What were you favorite boss or mentors traits?

Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Applied via Snagajob, was called two days later to schedule for an interview the following week. The interview was a group interview with 3 other people, the questions were very easy. Why do you want to work here, what would you do if you didn't know a customer's question, what's a time where you worked with a difficult person an how did you handle it. I got called back two days later to fill out paperwork regarding my availability and to write more references. The manager said she would call my references and then offer me a position, so now I'm just waiting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kohls   1 Answer

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

The whole process took a month. The interview wasn't for a specific position and it was a group interview where we were asked the same questions and took turns answering. The interviewer was very unprofessional and clearly did not know what she was doing. The questions being asked weren't hard, but everyone basically had the same answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer's question that you didn't know the answer to? Describe a time where you had to handle a difficult situation... etc.   Answer Question

POS Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

quick and easy, the interviewer asked a few questions to all in the room. it was a group interview and people kind of piggy backed on what others had to say. the process was not rocket science. i was nervous but after a few minutes i calmed down and listened to what other interviewees had to say and tried to make my answers different from everyone else.

Interview Questions

• what did you do to go above and beyond the call of duty   1 Answer

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's website. Before the interview I was given a case question about rather or not they should Launch a new product in the store. Then i was told to walk them through my resume and asked other questions about myself. There were no behavior questions.

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

So far I have been asked do an online assessment then I received an email to do an interview online with pre recorded questions. Still waiting on the following steps.

Interview Questions

• Describe the qualities in your favorite supervisor/mentor?   Answer Question

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Menomonee Falls, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

I have worked for Kohl's Department store for three years. This does NOT matter in the interview process/internship position. I spoke with a university recruiter on the phone and from there he sent me a link to the video interviews which you are given a week to complete. From there I was moved on to the third interview process. The night before the final interview event, Kohl's hosted a candidate dinner where you meet your group for the final interview's group case study. The dinner is relaxed and a current employee from the buying team will be there to talk with and answer your questions about the interview to their best ability. The next day you go to the Menomonee Falls corporate offices and eat brunch. Then they split up the candidates into two groups. One group will move on to their interviews and the others will tour the building and wellness center. The interviews were very relaxed with multiple people interviewees and interviewers in a room. Three one on one interviews take place and then the group study occurs. The case study is very important. Do not steam roll others, but make sure to participate and get your words out. As a retail merchandising student, I was intimidated by the finance majors in my group, therefore, effecting my performance and confidence. The case study was: "If Kohl's were to make a pop-up shop, where would they do it, what would they sell (products, assortment etc.), and at what price.

Interview Questions

• What on your resume are you most proud of?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a vendor if they sent an order of 2,000 sandals to a Wisconsin store in November when it was supposed to go to a California store?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Macon, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview went well I thought. I was told I would receive an email the next day and didn't. I called that day to say I was still interested and I was told I would receive an email the next day. And yet again, I didn't. I was hoping to receive an email one way or another. Either an offer or they choice to select another candidate.