Kohl's

Updated Jan 29, 2015
1,028 Interview Reviews

2.2

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Hiring varies from store to store. My interview was in a group. Typically done. Interviewees are asked a series of questions and two or three people will answer that question then the next set will get a seperate question and so on. Typically asked why you want to work there or why you think you can work there. Keep answers directed toward the job you want. If you have experience folding clothes or using registers stick with that. The interviewing managers do not care if you know how to flip a burger or stand next to a pool as a life guard.

High pace.
    High energy.
    Quick response time.
    Fast learner.
    Enthusiastic about customer service.

These will get you a job incorporate it into an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a good fit for our store? Or what can you bring to our team?   Answer Question
    Previous experience will get you slightly higher pay

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Submitted application online was asked to come in for an interview about a week later. Came in for an interview and was told it would be a group interview. The manager showed up 15 minutes late griping about people showing up on time. He started off the interview with informing the group about how he would be firing 13 people. The group interview was extremely juvenile and it was clear he wanted to hire mostly young people to bully.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in January 2015.

Applied online through a Snagajob posting and received and email the same day offering me times/dates for an interview. I selected one and emailed back to confirm - was told to bring my social security card and drivers license to interview. Interview consisted of filling out paper application and talking with store manager.

POS Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Walton Beach, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in January 2015.

I applied online and 2 weeks later I was invited to an interview. It was a group interview with 10 people. They asked us three questions :" Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer!" , " is the customer always right ?", " Name a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer !"
    Very easy and laid back interview . The store manager was super nice and made you feel comfortable . She told us about the history of kohl's and we filled out paperwork . When the interview was done she called three ppl out to her office and those three were not hired . After that, she came back with more paperwork, told us that we were hired and we were given our orientation date

None

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Extremely easy. If you can talk and have some experience in LE or loss prevention, you're set. My interviewer surprisingly called my referrals. My interview was under 30 minutes. If you can/need to, just ask a lot of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said, if you have the experience, it isn't difficult.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Had an on campus interview that mainly centered around the growth of Kohl's and how they operate. I was interviewed by 1 person, and she was very cordial. They do a good job on campus recruiting.

POS Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's.

They interview you in a group because they like to see how you interact with each other and see if other people's answers will affect what you say. Mostly questions of how would you handle a certain situation or how you have handled that kind of situation at your previous job.

Interview Questions
    • What was your greatest achievement at your job? I didn't really have one at my job but I could think of a situation I was going through while juggling my job and it worked just as well.   View Answer

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Applied on company website, received an invitation to do an Hire Vue interview about ten minutes later. Was invited to Menomonee Falls corporate HQ for the final round. Immediately evident that they do this process multiple times for the same training class. Interview day consists of presentations by the company and three one on one interviews lasting 20 minutes each. Interviewers are good cop, bad cop and some what bad cop. Then they have you work in an group of people to come up with an strategy for an fictional situation to watch how you work in an group. Not enough time given to discuss each point let alone gather thoughts and come up with an strategy. Large amount of people flown in for very few jobs. Nice recruiters and presenters but it seems as if though there is movement in and out of the company quite quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an time that you had to analyze data for an project and what you learned from it?   View Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

I went on my interview literally the day after I handed in my application and was in and out in 10 minutes. The questions were very simple and mainly consisted on where i'd like to work within the store - an indicator that I had already gotten the job regardless of the questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked was what would I do in the situation of not having an item that a customer was looking for.   Answer Question

Kohl's Part Time Associate Home/Kids Department Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

My application was for a new store opening. They do group interviews. You attend with about 5 other people, and usually two members of the store leadership team sit in and conduct the interview. They ask the usual questions. It's incredibly easy to get an offer, since they are such a large company. They hire based on personality and actively seek a diverse and offbeat associate culture.

Interview Questions
    • They do ask for specific instances of customer service standouts, etc.   Answer Question
    At the lower level, I get the feeling you are pretty much unable to negotiate. But the interview process is hectic, and that could be a big part of it. I would definitely suggest taking time to negotiate your wages - Kohl's management is, in my experience, incredibly generous and flexible, and really does want to meet your needs so you'll be happy working with them.