Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.2

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

Took assessment questions online and filled out another application during interview. Took about 1 day. Interview was 30 minute group interview. Asked basic questions regarding past experiences. Filled out additional paperwork. Discussed hours and expectations. Offers employee discount, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Kohl's compared to any other store location?   View Answer
    Seasonal employee. Minimum wage. Temporary PT employee.

Seasonal Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

I applied online got a call back within minutes. Told me to come in for an interview in 2 days .I was asked about 7 or 8 questions
    What does customer service mean to you?
    Do you have any experience in retail?
    Explain your previous jobs
    How do you work under stress?
    What is your availability?
    The guy who interviewed me was pretty nervous so it made me more confident. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What did you hate most about your recent job? I said the difficult customers   View Answer
    None you get what they give

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

There weren't any trick questions - everything is pretty boilerplate about weaknesses and strenghts, past experience, etc. There are two rounds you must go through, and the interviewers are pretty friendly and straightforward. The best way to prepare is just to google typical interview questions and think about how you'd answer, based off your resume.

Interview Questions
    You are not able to negotiate salary - it is determined by cost of living in your location.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Group Interview. It was very general questions which produced very general answers. Wasn't areas where you could stand out in the interview. Pay is non negotiable at 7.45 an hour. I thought that the interview was not a big hit because you couldn't get to know the person nor show the manager what you could bring to the table.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were general such as: when was a time you went above and beyond for a customer or when was a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it. The questions didn't really get to be tailored to a specific person so they just kept it general.   Answer Question

the pay rate was ridiculously low from what I was asking and was told that it wouldn't be an issue to meet my requirements.

POS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Kohl's.

I applied in April, and I didn't get called for an interview until July. I went to the interview and there were 11 other people there for the interview as well. We all went back and did a group interview. We all introduced ourselves and because there were so many people we each answered one question and there were only three different questions asked. So you basically have to give your best self with 5 minutes or less of time. Then they sent 4 people out and the rest of us went to the next stage. After we filled out more paperwork they said we would hear from them within a week. I heard back almost 2 weeks later. And orientation was almost 2 weeks after the day I got hired. It's a very long process.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly questions about have you handled conflict before and have you gotten an award at work before. The last question everyone had to answer and it was if you're an introvert or extrovert. With that one just be honest, and don't lie and say you're an extrovert if you're not. I told them I was an introvert and then proceeded to explain that even though I'm naturally quiet I am able to ask people questions and greet them, etc. Better to tell the truth and give reasons than jump on the bandwagon and say I like to talk all the time.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Minimum wage offered and either you accepted or didn't take the job.

Customer Service Associate Interview

The first interview was very brief and questions were very general, mostly about previous experience. I was asked to return for second interview, which I did about three days later. Again I was asked about work history, why I wanted to work there, what I could offer the company, and goals with them.

Interview Questions
    • What are weaknesses is a difficult question because its hard to be certain what opinions the interviewer will form based on this infornation.   Answer Question

At the time they would not be able to guarantee more then five hours a week.

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

You fill out an application online, if they are hiring they call you immediately for an interview. They do group interviews and everybody takes turns answering a question. The questions weren't too difficult and the interview didn't last long. After the interview, the hiring process takes about two weeks because they have to interview more people and they do background checks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a customer or a coworker.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Kohl's.

Phone interview was a little odd. Recruiter wanted names of others that she could recruit which didn't make sense. Online assessment included 20 math story problems that were irrelevant for the job.

Better offer came along.

Point of Sales Specialistu Interview

Had a group interview and each person would go around the room answering the same questions so you had to think on your feet and be creative on how you answered it so that you stood out. Lots of situational questions. Hiring process was simple. I applied in store and within a week I received a call to come in for an interview. After the group interview the managers spoke in the office and one by one brought those of us in to answer some additional questions individually.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you caught a fellow associate being dishonest?   View Answer

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

Applied online. I believe they called me a couple weeks later to set up an interview. As I hadn't moved to town yet, I wasn't available, so they said they would move me into the next pool of applicants. They did, got a call a month later. One-on-one interview with the store manager. It was a relatively relaxed interview. After filling out paperwork, he asked about job history. Told me about the work environment, which seems pretty friendly and fun. He joked with all the other employees I saw. Asked why I wanted to work there. What good customer service means, how I would make sure a customer was happy. Asked about a difficult time I had with a coworker and how I handled it. Checked on availability, especially before store opens and after store closes, since holidays are coming up. Said he thought I would fit in well and I filled out background check and reference paperwork. 3 business days later I got a phone call with a job offer and orientation information.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, most difficult and unexpected question was, "Is the customer always right?" Uhhhh, definitely not, but how do you say that in an acceptable way? Basically, there are things like store policy that get in the way of them being right, but other than that...yes...always right.   Answer Question