Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015
1,377 Interview Reviews

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Group interview with very basic questions. During the interview they said their would be a drug screening which caused a few people to leave. However, I was never drug tested and got the job.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation in your life where you solved a difficult problem?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Warwick, RI) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through indeed.com and got a response the next day. I scheduled the interview online for a week later. It was a one on one interview and it went so well that they gave me a second interview on the spot. The interviewers were very nice and understanding. They told me to expect a decision within 24-48 hours but I called when I hadn't heard anything 3 days later. Later that evening I received an email saying that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being late for work or calling out sick? Why do you want to work for Kohl's? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stow, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Stow, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

I was brought in and interviewed by one person and then after she was done, I was interviewed by another person. They just asked me all of the basic interview questions. When the interview was done, I was told I'd have to wait 24-48 hours for an email stating whether I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went out of your way to help a customer   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Elk Grove, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and recieved an invitiation to interview about 2 days later. I was scheldued to interview a week later. I filled out a single paper application before the interview with basic availability information and job history. I got an email within 24 hours with the decision to move forward.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Berlin, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

Checked in and went to where the break room was.. I was given a sheet of paper to fill in my availability and then asked to go to the assistant manager's office. (It was no a group interview for me) Once there I was asked simply questions such as have I ever opened up credit applications for individuals and am I comfortable asking customers to take surverys, etc. Overall, it was a quick and easy interview.. It only took about 10-15 minutes and I was informed id hear about their decision 24-48 hours later..

Interview Questions

• What was one frustrating situation you have faced and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

POS Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Athens, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to interview within 2 days. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. The manager really put me at ease and made the interview enjoyable. I received an email the next day offering me a position. However, the position was for a Customer Service Associate rather than the POS Sales Associate. It was the position that I wanted in the first place but did not know they had a position available. So, a happy ending.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kohl's?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is a second job for me, I was told by the manager that the most hours available would be 26 per week. I was able to let him know that as a part time second job, I would prefer to work only 12-16 hours a week. He was very receptive to that.

Home & Children's Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Yonkers, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a email inviting me to interview with them the very next day. On the day of the interview, it was one on one with the manager. She asked me about my last job, how I would help a customer etc. basic retail questions, nothing hard. Then she told me to wait for a second interview with the general manager. When I sat down with him , he only got through one question. It was like having a conversation with a friend. He was very funny and easy to talk to. He told me the rate of pay and the hours and said I would get an email in 24-48 hours. We shook hands and I left. Two days later, I got an email offering me the position, along with a drug test, and background check form. I accepted. Overall really easy to get the job.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Madison, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

You go to customer service & tell them your there for an interview. They hand u paperwork before interview then you go into a room where you're asked various question with other applicants. It's a group interview with a bunch of other people. Yes it's kinda never wrecking but just sound confident,smile, & make good eye contact. Make sure to give more than a 4 word answer.

MJM Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Vacaville, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and two days later got an email to schedule a day to interview with them. On the day of the interview I met with the manager, she asked a few questions and in the end offered me other positions that she would love me to try as well. When the interview ended she gave me a small card that says you will get emailed 24-48 hours after the interview to determine if you are qualified or not. 2 days later I got the email with an offer and the orientation date. Overall the interview was a pleasant experience and the manager was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult choice you have ever made and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a moment you had to take lead and how did you manage to do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Previous work experience will make you stand out.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Plano, TX).

Interview

Nice people at higher level. Recruiter in charge was very professional and easy to get along. But the hr clerk was bit disoriented about process and direction inside building. Nice office setups

Interview Questions

• Provide a situation that you overcome objections and get things done.   Answer Question

Over qualified for the position and they are unwilling to upgrade the job grade.