Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.2

Customer Service Associate Interview

The first interview was very brief and questions were very general, mostly about previous experience. I was asked to return for second interview, which I did about three days later. Again I was asked about work history, why I wanted to work there, what I could offer the company, and goals with them.

Interview Questions
    • What are weaknesses is a difficult question because its hard to be certain what opinions the interviewer will form based on this infornation.   Answer Question

At the time they would not be able to guarantee more then five hours a week.

POS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Kohl's.

I applied in April, and I didn't get called for an interview until July. I went to the interview and there were 11 other people there for the interview as well. We all went back and did a group interview. We all introduced ourselves and because there were so many people we each answered one question and there were only three different questions asked. So you basically have to give your best self with 5 minutes or less of time. Then they sent 4 people out and the rest of us went to the next stage. After we filled out more paperwork they said we would hear from them within a week. I heard back almost 2 weeks later. And orientation was almost 2 weeks after the day I got hired. It's a very long process.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly questions about have you handled conflict before and have you gotten an award at work before. The last question everyone had to answer and it was if you're an introvert or extrovert. With that one just be honest, and don't lie and say you're an extrovert if you're not. I told them I was an introvert and then proceeded to explain that even though I'm naturally quiet I am able to ask people questions and greet them, etc. Better to tell the truth and give reasons than jump on the bandwagon and say I like to talk all the time.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Minimum wage offered and either you accepted or didn't take the job.

POS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2013.

It was an easy going interview and hiring process. it was very laid back, easy to answer the questions. if you didn't understand the question you could always feel free for them to explain it better for you to understand it.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Habra, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

I had a friend tell me that the location was hiring and she told me to apply. I went in person and asked for an application. I filled it out and then my friend told me to take it to her assistant manager. I introduced myself and gave her the application thinking she wasn't going to have time to talk to me, but she did and the first thing she asked me was "What are your strengths?", and also "What does your availability look like?". She told me she would start interviewing in a couple of weeks since she was going on vacation and she would give me a call then. Almost a month passed and I still hadn't heard from her so I figured she didn't like me, but a few days ago I got a call asking if I could go in this morning for an interview and I said yes. I went in thinking I would get a group interview like most of the people on here said, and so I was really nervous, but it turns out it was 1 on 1. Throughout the entire time I felt comfortable and at ease. She wasn't cold and seemed very engaged in the interview. It took about 10 min and after she was done she told me she had already made her decision and that I was hired!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and what brought you to Kohl's?

What tasks did you enjoy doing at your previous employment and what was your least favorite thing to do?

How comfortable are you with selling a Kohl's charge card?

Tell me about a time in which you didn't get along with a coworker.

Which department would you feel more comfortable working in?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay rate begins at $9.05.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2010.

Interview was brief, then a walk about around the store. Two day's later, just put on a register with a book to learn from. The book was not very helpful. You just pretty much had to learn on the job.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

Applied online. I believe they called me a couple weeks later to set up an interview. As I hadn't moved to town yet, I wasn't available, so they said they would move me into the next pool of applicants. They did, got a call a month later. One-on-one interview with the store manager. It was a relatively relaxed interview. After filling out paperwork, he asked about job history. Told me about the work environment, which seems pretty friendly and fun. He joked with all the other employees I saw. Asked why I wanted to work there. What good customer service means, how I would make sure a customer was happy. Asked about a difficult time I had with a coworker and how I handled it. Checked on availability, especially before store opens and after store closes, since holidays are coming up. Said he thought I would fit in well and I filled out background check and reference paperwork. 3 business days later I got a phone call with a job offer and orientation information.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, most difficult and unexpected question was, "Is the customer always right?" Uhhhh, definitely not, but how do you say that in an acceptable way? Basically, there are things like store policy that get in the way of them being right, but other than that...yes...always right.   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Most important thing is to be able to pass a background check. Most people who do not get hired is because they fail the background check. One on one interview, very basic.

Interview Questions
    • The main question asked is What is great customer service? and What's the most important thing you can do to prevent theft? Smile and say hi!!   Answer Question
    I was hired for seasonal, kind of take it or leave it.

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

You fill out an application online, if they are hiring they call you immediately for an interview. They do group interviews and everybody takes turns answering a question. The questions weren't too difficult and the interview didn't last long. After the interview, the hiring process takes about two weeks because they have to interview more people and they do background checks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a customer or a coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in February 2013.

After my application was sent I waited around 3 weeks for a response. I was called by a manager to set up my interview. When I arrived I was sent to the office to talk one on one with the manager. I was asked mainly about my experience, this was my second job, but I was assured that if hired any help I needed would be provided. I was only asked about 10 questions, such as: "why do you want to work here" "what are your strengths" "do you believe you can perform more than one task at a time if asked" "can you interact with people who may be upset or angry and may take it out on you" and "are you able to cooperate with others even despite differences or disagreements". After that I was told immediately if they wanted to hire me, and they invited me back for training.

Interview Questions
    • I was told about the companies main policies and how the store promised one thing, to provide a great shopping experience to all shoppers and to make sure everyone is helped out as much as possible. "At our store we want to provide a great experience to anyone who shops at our stores. When one customer has a good experience they will recommend our store to those they know. At your last job, although you were not in retail, was there any point at which you had to go out of your way to help someone and make make sure they were satisfied?"   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Kohl's.

Phone interview was a little odd. Recruiter wanted names of others that she could recruit which didn't make sense. Online assessment included 20 math story problems that were irrelevant for the job.

Better offer came along.