Kohl's

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.2

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

Applied through my college application/interview website, and heard back a few weeks later to set up on on-campus interview. 30 minute interview. Most of the interview was spent with me asking the interviewer questions, as per his request. Very comfortable and conversational

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to spend most of the interview asking him questions.
      Tell me about a time you resolved conflict working in a team and how you did it.

Answer Question

Warehouse/Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewood, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewood, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I really did not know what to expect from this interview process. I was allowed to pick an interview time, but when I arrived, I saw that at least 30 other people were interviewing at the same time. Our names were added to a list, and we had to wait to be called back for individual interviews. While the staff seemed friendly enough, I felt like a faceless body in the herd. They were looking for bodies. As long as you could pass a drug test and a background check, you had a job. They did emphasize that you were required to work 5 ten hour shifts a week, and one day had to be a weekend day. Also, you would be required to be on your feet for the entire 10 hours, except for your lunch break and two other small breaks in the day. It was also emphasized that these positions are really hard work, and no one would want to ask for overtime, because they would be too worn out. They do offer an incentive program. If you show up to work on time each day you are slated to work in a week, you earn an extra $3 an hour. Warehouse associates also receive a 20% discount in the Kohl's stores.

Interview Questions
    • No question was very difficult. If you can stand the manual labor, you were hired.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I applied Online. Then I called about several different times leaving a message for their Manager (my name, and contact number). About a month after applying HR called to schedule an interview. I wasn't sure if the interview was open or closed until I got there. The Interview was Open. We had two managers sit in one being the store and another being one of the assistant mangers who worked customer service. I was in a group of about 7 other people. Before the interview began they gave us information about their hiring process( they would email us the job offer with several forms attached for us to fill out, also are pay grade and if we were hired how our hours would be). Each manger asked a question and then called on each party to answer it. The questions were along the lines of what is your past experience, why do you want this job, name a time when...etc?. This was easy because it allowed me to expand on someone else's answer and compare it to my own before answering. After the interview immediately I got the E-mail. Within a week they scheduled me for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • If you catch an employee stealing from the store what should you do and what should be the consequences?   View Answer
    No Negotiation. Everything was as stated.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I applied on an online job board, submitted my resume and application. The next day, my local Kohls called me to set up a time for a interview. Attended the group interview, which went well, and we were told they would do a background check and then call us to let us know. In about a week's time, I received the call back and was offered a position and set up a time to come in for orientation!

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I applied through Snagjob and then was called two days later for an interview. It was a group interview and I was really nervous but the person interviewing us (head of customer service) was really nice. There were about 12 people, including myself there. During the interview we were asked about 4 questions and it was pretty relaxed. She went over our applications and let some of us go. I was the first round of people to go which I'm not sure if that's good or bad. And was told I am going to be called in a week.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was fairly easy like when was the last time you were late.   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

First we had to fill out a basic job application. Then we had the group interview of about 7 people. We sat around a large table with the hiring manager who asked questions starting with a different person each time. It was a fun upbeat atmosphere. A couple of questions were about our personal Kohls experience- did we have a Kohls Card and did we have a Rewards Card. It seemed like he was trying to somewhat sell the people who didn't have a charge card on why they should get one. Other questions were I think trying to figure out our personality types - what type of tree would you be and why, for example. At the end he selected 2 of us to select team members from the group. Then each team had to "sell" something random from a group of objects on the table. Overall it wasn't a bad experience. There were several group interviews that day and I see the ad for positions at that particular store is still up, so I don't know how many people they need for one store, so it seems like they might be selecting maybe a few out the groups.

Interview Questions
    • What type of tree would you be and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little about yourself including if you have a Kohls card or Rewards card, a situation when you dealt with conflict and what you did to resolve it, and what position you would be most interested in at Kohls.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I had a phone interview and then went in for a face to face. Meet with three people who are in leadership positions and they completed a group interview. Then I meet with the Human Resources Manager in a different room. The questions were general and easy. They were mostly talking about the job itself. It was an easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • What will you bring to the table to make it easier for us?   Answer Question
    It was non-negotiable.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

The day after I filled out the application, I was called in for an interview. When I got there I was asked to fill out a second application and give some additional information, then me and my group were called in to do a group interview. We were asked group questions and then given individual questions.Most were very typical of an interview (i.e. What does good customer service look like to you?) and then the interviewer invited questions about pay, raises, and scheduling, which was nice as I think many people feel uncomfortable asking about that in the initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw someone put putting merchandise in their bag?   View Answer

The pay was only 7.45 and hour and they wouldn't let me haggle for higher pay. They claimed they do raises but employees said the raises were a joke and basically just a cost-of-living adjustment.

Seasonal Sales Associate/POS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

A 1:1 interview with the assistant store manager. She was very nice. I applied online and got a call a few hrs later for an interview the next day. I filled an online application and then when you get there you fill another application on paper before you see them. She asked about 3 questions and she talked the rest and most of the time. She said she would love to hire me and really liked my smile and she want friendly people to work there and i was offered the job on the spot and filled out some paperwork. Make sure you keep eye contact and smile a lot. The whole interview and paperwork took about an hr.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • whats your availability, anytime?
      (i already wrote my availability on the paper application that she was looking at)

Answer Question
    • are you okay asking a customer to open a kohls credit card   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You get paid $7.65/hr

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Im applied in snagajob and 3 days laters they call me for a interview. The ask me two questions and then they gave me a papers to fill out and check my background check. Pass 5 days and they call me again to a orientation and offer me a job.

Interview Questions
    • What to talk about yourself?   View Answer
    • You are available to work on holidays and weekend?   View Answer
    No negotiation because is seasonal position.