Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015
1,290 Interview Reviews

2.2

Department Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

it was pretty easy going, I got offered the job so I just needed to say what I felt was the first issue that needed solving in the department and then she told me what issues they were having there already.

Interview Questions

• they were all general questions.. Not unexpected at all   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.... she offered me the job and then told me what corporate approved my raise to be.

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delaware, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's (Delaware, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Group interview. Hired in 2 weeks. Promoted in a few months. Simple questions. Didn't feel dumb asking any kind of questions. Felt welcomed. Having to dress nice. Great boss. Good management.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

Interview

I got a voicemail from Kohl's the day after I applied online, called back as soon as I could, and of course the hiring manager wasn't working at that time. 2 days and 4 calls later and I finally got ahold of her and set up my interview. I'd been researching Kohl's interview questions on glassdoor and expected a group interview. I felt prepared to ace it. I got to the store 20 minutes early, expecting to fill out paperwork like many other applicants had mentioned. There was no paperwork. I stood around for 50 minutes waiting for my interviewer, but it was okay because I really wanted the job. Finally, my interviewer got me and brought me back to her office. I'm pretty sure I nailed every question because I recognized them all from glassdoor and had time to study them! At the end of the interview, she pulled out some paperwork and handed me a pen and asked me which department I preferred to work in, to which I responded "wherever you see fit for me." She suggested juniors and intimates. Then she said, "You're 17, right?" I can't believe I went through that whole process without realizing you have to be 17 to work at Kohl's. I'm 16 and a half. So, to make it clear for my fellow young applicants, you have to be 17 to work at Kohl's. My interviewer was confused as to how I even got through the application process, considering I honestly answered I was 16. Weird. At least I know I would have had a good chance of being hired had I been 17.

Interview Questions

• What was something nice you did for someone else without being asked, be it in the workplace or in your personal life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Orlando, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online through snagajob. Then I decided to call Kohls and they were able to schedule me an interview and was told to dress casual. I was interviewed by the HR manager, and two other people. It was a group interview of 7 people. The interview took a little over an hour. I saw them tap one lady from the interview back and let the 6 of us go. It's been over a week now and I haven't got a call back, I tried to call the store but still not a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Westland, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied on a sunday and received a call for an interview by the following tuesday. I went to the interview the next day. But certain to be enthusiastic ,smile and dress professionally. The later is very important, there was girls in my group interview that were wearing flip flops. Also it is a group interview, one of the best strategies is to sit near the middle, it will give you time to think of an answer that hasn't already been said. Received a call the very next day extending me an offer.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question is explaining a time you went above and beyond in a customer service situation.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

Interview

It was simple and quick. Interviewed with the DLPM and then with the store manager, started within a week. They asked pretty "normal" interview questions. Asked about my background in the field and what experience I have. What skills I have that will relate to the job. Also, they asked how long I was planning on staying with Kohl's.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any loss prevention experience?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's (San Antonio, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Group interview with 10 other people. Went back for a second group interview and then got the offer. Each person was asked a question and went around in circles, repeating the process. All different questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical situational questions. Also asking about past jobs experience and why I like Kohl's.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfort, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Frankfort, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process at Kohls consists of a group interview with at least one other applicant. The questions are pretty standard, nothing that will trip anyone up. They will ask if you have a Kohl's charge, and if not will ask why and/or try to get you to apply for one. If you can't or don't want to apply for the charge card, be sure you have a reason why not.

Dockers Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Beavercreek, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Met by the office and waited with a bunch of other interviewees; was a group interview. Asked each of us questions, both individual questions and questions they asked everyone. Questions were more based on work ethic and your beliefs on what could service is. Also asked about how you would make the customer happy.

Interview Questions

• If you thought it was ok to call off moments before work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked if you wanted to accept and to fill our your availability.

Part Time POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied on snagajob. I think maybe 2 weeks later I got a call for an interview. It wasn't a group interview like I expected. It was with two employees. The next day they called me to schedule a 2nd interview with the store manager that happened a week later. This was a one on one interview. 9 days later, I got offered the job.

Interview Questions

• The first interview was about job history and work experience mostly. The second interview with the store manager were behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. My advice to people trying to get this job is to be very friendly. Shake people's hands when you meet them and are saying goodbye. Make sure you say "it was nice meeting you!" and other courteous things along those lines. Customer service is key.