Kohl's

2.2

Truck Unloader/Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Took about two days to get interview. Minimum wage starting out. Truck unload hours were 5am-10am. Retail varied. Still waiting to hear back from them. Said she had to run background check, check references and would let me know either by phone call if they proceeded to continue further or my letter if they declined.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like most about other companies that you had previously worked for. What were the things you didn't like...   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

The day after I filled out the application, I was called in for an interview. When I got there I was asked to fill out a second application and give some additional information, then me and my group were called in to do a group interview. We were asked group questions and then given individual questions.Most were very typical of an interview (i.e. What does good customer service look like to you?) and then the interviewer invited questions about pay, raises, and scheduling, which was nice as I think many people feel uncomfortable asking about that in the initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw someone put putting merchandise in their bag?   View Answer

The pay was only 7.45 and hour and they wouldn't let me haggle for higher pay. They claimed they do raises but employees said the raises were a joke and basically just a cost-of-living adjustment.

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I applied through Snagjob and then was called two days later for an interview. It was a group interview and I was really nervous but the person interviewing us (head of customer service) was really nice. There were about 12 people, including myself there. During the interview we were asked about 4 questions and it was pretty relaxed. She went over our applications and let some of us go. I was the first round of people to go which I'm not sure if that's good or bad. And was told I am going to be called in a week.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was fairly easy like when was the last time you were late.   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

It is a group interview, so the interviewer asks one question and goes around the room to ask the same question. He does not always choose the same person to ask first, so be prepared to answer first at least once. The questions were relatively easy, mainly based on past experiences and different situations.

Interview Questions
    • What is great customer service?   Answer Question
    • Describe an overwhelming experience and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when your supervisor told you something you didn't agree with and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Kohl's and what are some qualities you think a Sales Associate needs to have?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

I filled out an application online and within a week or so I was called in for a group interview. After the interview, I was notified that I was offered the job via phone.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected. Most were based on customer service. There was no rhyme or reason to how they asked the questions. You just had to compete with the other candidate to get your voice heard.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

The hiring and interview process is really quick and they do group interview which are surprisingly comfortable. They gave everyone a chance to speak and asked really simple questions. After the interview they called back 2 days later and I was hired.

Sale Associate Interview

very quick and friendy, no pressure at all. My question were like...why do you think you can be a good sale associate, what does a good sale associate should have? Did you shopping at Kohl's before

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Talker with Recruiters at College Career fair. Got an interview offer on the spot. First interview was with two recruiters and was very simple and relaxed. Second interview included a few interviews and store tour, also very relaxed and enjoyable. Overall a great interview experience, did not receive an offer though.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

On campus interview, followed by a final round at company headquarters. Process took about a week. Group interview at final interview day seemed to carry a lot of weight. Given a case study at campus interview and then most behavioral and fit questions. Did not feel that anything was too technical they just want to get a feel for the applicants thought process.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you would change about a Kohl's store?   Answer Question

Retail just not my preferred area for my career.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

First there was a group interview and then we had one on one, basic retail interview questions. The one confusing part was then they hired everyone in the group interview, almost like they had planned to at the beginning but had to go through protocol, taking time away from everyone.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, they offered hourly wage at minimum wage at the time.