Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015
1,233 Interview Reviews

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Hingham, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

It took about a week to get an interview. I applied on Tuesday and called the following Tuesday to see how the progress was going. Was told to come in Thursday for a group interview, but never given a time. Had to call the next day and ask for the time. I arrived 30 minutes prior to the interview, just incase I had to fill out anything (which I didn't.) When I got there, I was surprised that it was just a one on one interview because the manager told me she liked doing group interviews. The lady was super friendly and basically asked a lot of the same questions that are already on Glassdoor and about my past experience. After the interview she told me she would give me a call that night, the next day because she still had other applicants to interview (Which i believed her because there was someone waiting outside when I was finished) I still haven't heard from her, so I don't know if they're still looking things over or if they already hired someone. Which I don't mind because I have other places to apply too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Friday, received call two days later for an interview. I arrived early and was asked to fill out some paperwork (basically another application on paper). The interview lasted around 10 mins and was relatively easy and relaxed. I got a call the next day with a job offer and orientation information.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lapeer, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Lapeer, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview had a very friendly atmosphere and you were able to joke around while giving out your replies. It was a group interview, so the two interviewers would go around the room and pick people to answer some questions. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be, and I felt like I could be myself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you had with a coworker and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Quick and easy found that the group interview was not worth the effort as it was the same answers from eaxh person. Also the manager was taking the interview ti serious for qhat the position was requiring. Was focused on certain people in interview that gave better answers.

Sales Floor Associate Or Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Rockford, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through snagajob.com and they called me about two days later and offered me an interview. They did tell me it was a group interview and I was fine with that. There was only three of us including myself so that eased the nervousness a little. But they gave easy questions but I think they were really focusing on availability for the position you wanted and your availability.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Mifflin, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (West Mifflin, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very tough interview for a job that paid $8 per hour. Interviewer clearly had an attitude. Turned me completely off and I decided I did not wish to work there.

Interview Questions

Interviewer said most of the training was computer based. I felt that I would be expected to train myself!

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I submitted an application by going in and filling it out there. A week later I followed up and received a call for the interview two days later. After the one on one interview with the manager, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you went above and beyond to help someone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Relax and be confident. This was the easier portion of the hiring process. Straightforward.

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Kissimmee, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was supposed to be a group interview but none of the other applicants showed up. He just asked me questions about my availability, instead of asking typical questions like what are my strengths and weaknesses he just stated different situations and how would I handle it. Interview was about an hour

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes a good work environment?
      When have you had to change your priorities and how did you handle it?

Answer Question

MMJ Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on the first of the month, and then got a call for an interview roughly a week and a half later. I had to wait to interview because the store manager was out of town. Because I used Snagajob, I had to fill out a paper application once I got to the store. My recommendation would be to apply on paper in the first place. Overall, the interview was really quick and painless. I had a 1 on 1 interview with simple questions. It seemed like the person interviewing me was rating me on a form as I answered the questions. After that, I had to sign some paperwork for a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on "the customer is always right?"   Answer Question
    • What would you do if someone asked you a question that was outside your department?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you went above and beyond expectations in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Why Kohl's?   Answer Question

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Bakersfield, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied via snagajob on Friday & got a call for an interview on Sunday. Went in on Monday and anwsered questions about customer service. The manager asked if I was interested in working the fitting rooms & I said yes. Availability is a very important factor too, you need to be available. I filled out some paperwork & was told I would get a call back for orientation once eveyone who had applied passed their drug test and background check. If not I would be expecting a letter in the mail if I was not hired. I've been waiting for a week & a half now, almost two. I've called two times to keep in touch. I hope to get called in soon!!! It was a very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer if you dont know the answer to their question?   Answer Question