Kohl's Interview Questions

1,296 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (El Cajon, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I turned in my online application, 2 days later I recieved a phone call for an interview. I went to the group interview, one day later they called and offered me a part time position. Orientation was a week later, employment started one week after that for training ( 2 days). Then you wait another week with no hours scheduled. Then they started scheduling me about 8-12 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kohl's? Describe one time when you had to give good customer service for something someone else did wrong. What is your availability to work, can you work till 11:30pm on the weekends?   Answer Question

Ad Set Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Little Falls, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy process, had to fill out some paperwork and answer 1 question. It was myself and one other Associate interviewed together, but each of us were there for different positions. I have to wait one week to find out if I am hired, because they do a background check. I was told if I pass the background check, I will receive a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within the week, I received an email from the recruiter requesting to set up a phone interview. The phone screen happened a couple days later and I really thought it went well - pleasant conversation, good vibe. It ended with her saying she would pass my information "up the chain". I really expected the next contact to be setting up a face to face interview with the hiring manager(s), but instead I got a rejection email the next week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying for the job on-line, I was contacted and a telephone interview was scheduled. During that interview I gave my approval for them to conduct a criminal background check. Following that I was asked to attend an interview at the corporate office. The interview was done with another (senior) member of the HR team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • How well do you handle stress? (with particular attention to given a large volume of work)   1 Answer
    • Give an example when you had to deal with an unexpected problem at work. How was it resolved and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Central Staffing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Menomonee Falls, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was really friendly and we had a connection instantly. She started with an overview of how phone interview will be conducted. We started with a review of my professional experience then she went on with what the job is all about and lastly, she gave a brief description of the company and it's plans on hiring.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you had to make a decision and how did you come up with that decision?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Princeton, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Called in from an application I did on SnagaJob. Group interview. The hiring manager called the day of to set up the interview and orientation. Thank God I was free at night. There was about 3 other people being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes up to you and asks you a question you don't know the answer to, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about a week later setting up an interview. Showed up and was given a basic application to fill out. Interview only lasted maybe 10-15 minutes. Pretty laid back, the regional LP person interviewed me. Just described the job and the company and talked about prior experience. Was told that store manager makes final decision and, if selected, I would need to be interviewed again by the manager.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Downey, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

it was a group interview. They asked a series of questions that we all took turns answering. They asked us about past work history and our experience in retail. They also asked us about our personalities and stuff like that. They gave us about 3 different scenarios that you may encounter in the store and how you would handle it. They also asked about how we would deal with stressful and fast paced situations.

Freight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Arlington Heights, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Went into the back office of the company and sat for a 1-1 interview. Questions pertained to not only personality, but also how competent you'd be in the line that you were doing.

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's (Cartersville, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was supposed to be a group interview, but I ended up having a relaxed one-on-one interview. It took less than 5 mins and was very informal. Wasn't worth my time to drive to the store location. They were only hiring for part time positions. 20 hours per week, was the max average. Pay wasn't mediocre, at best. Should be higher to make up for the lack of benefits and hours. Even PT employees have bills to pay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience? How do you provide good customer service? Gove examples. Which dept would you like to work in? Is there anywhere you don't want to work?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable pushing credit cards? Do you have experience in that?   1 Answer