Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015
1,296 Interview Reviews

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Troy, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was in a group setting. It was pretty casual and the manager was very friendly. She asked everyone the same question and began with different people each time so everyone had an equal opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kohl's? Is the customer always right? Talk about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strongsville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Strongsville, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very quick and the women I interviewed with was super nice. She asked me a few questions and then I filed out some paper work and then I was finished. I got a call a few days later with a job offer

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Alhambra, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and later received an email for a group interview. Went to the group interview and there was about 8 other people there too. The person doing the interview came a bit late so it was a little awkward just sitting in the room with a group of strangers and there was no way to give a resume without interrupting the whole thing. We all went around telling a little bit about ourselves (including any work experience), why we love Kohl's, and which department we see ourselves in. She then asked us all 2 questions, (the first one I didn't pay attention to so I totally missed it and my response was just based off of other people's replies) so pay attention! The interview itself just took a long time because we all had to go around the room and answer the question. Oh and you also had to fill out a work schedule of availability.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to change your priorities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I arrived to the location and proceeded to the customer service desk where I was asked to fill out a packet of paperwork. After completing the paperwork, I was taken back into an office where the interview was held. Overall the interview felt like a regular conversation and the interviewer was extremely friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Salem, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on snagajob and I recieved an email for a group interview about a week and half later. During the interview he explained what kind of job you would be doing, dress code, and what the next steps would be. The group was small about 6(7 if you include me) and it seemd laid back. I haven't recieved an offer yet, wont know for a few days yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porterville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Porterville, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

After reading a lot of reviews I thought that it would be a group interview but my interview was one on one. The started like 30 minutes late and made me fill out another application. The interview was pretty basic. They really just want someone who is available a lot. She told me right off the bat that the pay is $9.05 and they only hire part time.She also made me fill some papers after the interview to write down info and 4 references. They never told me that I was hired but I got called in for orientation so I guess I got the job. Also they never called my references.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a rude customer? What would you do if you didn't know the answer to a question a customer asked you.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying for the job on-line, I was contacted and a telephone interview was scheduled. During that interview I gave my approval for them to conduct a criminal background check. Following that I was asked to attend an interview at the corporate office. The interview was done with another (senior) member of the HR team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • How well do you handle stress? (with particular attention to given a large volume of work)   1 Answer
    • Give an example when you had to deal with an unexpected problem at work. How was it resolved and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Central Staffing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Menomonee Falls, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was really friendly and we had a connection instantly. She started with an overview of how phone interview will be conducted. We started with a review of my professional experience then she went on with what the job is all about and lastly, she gave a brief description of the company and it's plans on hiring.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you had to make a decision and how did you come up with that decision?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Champaign, IL).

Interview

Met with a manager. Easy interview. Was made to wait past my assigned interview time, but after working there for a bit I understand the managers are busy. I got called a few days later with figure out an orientation date. Everyone was nice and the interview lasted less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges you have faced at other jobs and how did you deal with them (or something to that effect.)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Interview process was very easy, it was during a job fair so after we passed the background check we were basically hired immediately. Hired as seasonal during November then was kept for part time sales associate.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if multiple customers wanted your help at once?   Answer Question