Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
1,077 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

I went on my interview literally the day after I handed in my application and was in and out in 10 minutes. The questions were very simple and mainly consisted on where i'd like to work within the store - an indicator that I had already gotten the job regardless of the questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked was what would I do in the situation of not having an item that a customer was looking for.   Answer Question

Kohl's Part Time Associate Home/Kids Department Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

My application was for a new store opening. They do group interviews. You attend with about 5 other people, and usually two members of the store leadership team sit in and conduct the interview. They ask the usual questions. It's incredibly easy to get an offer, since they are such a large company. They hire based on personality and actively seek a diverse and offbeat associate culture.

Interview Questions
    • They do ask for specific instances of customer service standouts, etc.   Answer Question
    At the lower level, I get the feeling you are pretty much unable to negotiate. But the interview process is hectic, and that could be a big part of it. I would definitely suggest taking time to negotiate your wages - Kohl's management is, in my experience, incredibly generous and flexible, and really does want to meet your needs so you'll be happy working with them.

Point of Sale Associate Interview

I was hired during the holiday season. The interview was not difficult at all. The entire hiring process took around 2-3 weeks. I applied mid-October and was called in for the interview around the starting of November.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in December 2014.

Initial communication by phone, with a follow up of online tests prior to the interview. Interview was scheduled only one day, with two different time options. The interview consisted of one group presentation: finding the solution to a store issue. This was followed by two one on one interviews with the executive team.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in December 2014.

Submitted application online the night before, was contacted the very next morning to set up in person interview at 12 noon that same day. I went to my interview about 20 minutes early, and waited for interviewer to call me. It was a one on one interview, not a group interview like i expected it to be from all the reviews i read. The interviewer was very nice and friendly, and asked me a few questions. Interview process itself was about 10 minutes, after the interview he took me to another room where i filled out some paperwork (background check, references, employers) and told me i was hired, i would be working men's and juniors department, and told me to come to orientation that same night at 6 and to bring my id, social security card, and voided check to get banking info for direct deposit. The whole process took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself...
      Why do you want to work for kohls?
      What position are you most interested in?
      Are you familiar with our kohls charge program and rewards?

Answer Question
    Hourly wage $ 8.05

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's in December 2014.

I applied online and send the manager my resume though email got a call that following morning and asked to come in for the interview the same day! The interview took about an hour with the loss prevention supervisor and loss prevention manager.

Interview Questions
    Went easy was looking for around that offer I accepted!

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in December 2014.

I initially applied online for the MAT program and had an internal employee refer me as well. I was invited to do an online interview which was pre-recorded questions. I was given 30 seconds after asked the question to answer the question while being recorded via web cam. Why do you want to join Kohl's, What are qualities in a mentor/boss you admire, a question about teamwork...I think there were 4 questions. I was then invited to an on-site final interview. There was a networking/dinner with candidates and then the following morning was the final interviews. I met with three different people for about 20 mins each and then there was a group situation where we were presented with a situation and asked to give a recommendation (About shipping internationally). Kohl's did an awesome job running the whole process, very impressive and professional.

Interview Questions
    • The group scenario--It's not so much the response they are looking for but how you interact in the group.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in December 2014.

It was a group interview. The hiring manager took the three of us in and asked each of us in turn different questions relevant to our personal experience. She had to duck out for a moment to attend to a situation in the store, leaving the three of us applicants to chat, but other than that the entire interview went without a hitch.

Interview Questions
    • I know this is your first job, but hypothetically, how would you respond to a customer when you don't know the answer to their questions?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Operations Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's in December 2014.

Quick and Brief Interviewing store manager did not have much time. We discussed my past experience and he gave me a general description of the job and what tasked i would be performing . I had a second interview with my direct supervisor to further evaluate my compatibility with the team.

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe you bring to the table?   View Answer

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Met with a recruiter at my college career fair. Received an initial on campus interview. The interview was fairly straight forward. There was a case question that you receive 10 minutes before the interview that you just go over with the interviewer and then then questions were fairly behavioral. Got asked to interview at their final round at the Milwaukee headquarters. The final round consists of 3 one on one interviews and then a group case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name one time you dealt with a manager you did not get one with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question