Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.2

Customer Service Associate Interview

The first interview was very brief and questions were very general, mostly about previous experience. I was asked to return for second interview, which I did about three days later. Again I was asked about work history, why I wanted to work there, what I could offer the company, and goals with them.

Interview Questions
    • What are weaknesses is a difficult question because its hard to be certain what opinions the interviewer will form based on this infornation.   Answer Question

At the time they would not be able to guarantee more then five hours a week.

POS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kohl's.

I applied in April, and I didn't get called for an interview until July. I went to the interview and there were 11 other people there for the interview as well. We all went back and did a group interview. We all introduced ourselves and because there were so many people we each answered one question and there were only three different questions asked. So you basically have to give your best self with 5 minutes or less of time. Then they sent 4 people out and the rest of us went to the next stage. After we filled out more paperwork they said we would hear from them within a week. I heard back almost 2 weeks later. And orientation was almost 2 weeks after the day I got hired. It's a very long process.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly questions about have you handled conflict before and have you gotten an award at work before. The last question everyone had to answer and it was if you're an introvert or extrovert. With that one just be honest, and don't lie and say you're an extrovert if you're not. I told them I was an introvert and then proceeded to explain that even though I'm naturally quiet I am able to ask people questions and greet them, etc. Better to tell the truth and give reasons than jump on the bandwagon and say I like to talk all the time.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Minimum wage offered and either you accepted or didn't take the job.

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

You fill out an application online, if they are hiring they call you immediately for an interview. They do group interviews and everybody takes turns answering a question. The questions weren't too difficult and the interview didn't last long. After the interview, the hiring process takes about two weeks because they have to interview more people and they do background checks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a customer or a coworker.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kohl's.

Phone interview was a little odd. Recruiter wanted names of others that she could recruit which didn't make sense. Online assessment included 20 math story problems that were irrelevant for the job.

Better offer came along.

Point of Sales Specialistu Interview

Had a group interview and each person would go around the room answering the same questions so you had to think on your feet and be creative on how you answered it so that you stood out. Lots of situational questions. Hiring process was simple. I applied in store and within a week I received a call to come in for an interview. After the group interview the managers spoke in the office and one by one brought those of us in to answer some additional questions individually.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you caught a fellow associate being dishonest?   View Answer

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

Applied online. I believe they called me a couple weeks later to set up an interview. As I hadn't moved to town yet, I wasn't available, so they said they would move me into the next pool of applicants. They did, got a call a month later. One-on-one interview with the store manager. It was a relatively relaxed interview. After filling out paperwork, he asked about job history. Told me about the work environment, which seems pretty friendly and fun. He joked with all the other employees I saw. Asked why I wanted to work there. What good customer service means, how I would make sure a customer was happy. Asked about a difficult time I had with a coworker and how I handled it. Checked on availability, especially before store opens and after store closes, since holidays are coming up. Said he thought I would fit in well and I filled out background check and reference paperwork. 3 business days later I got a phone call with a job offer and orientation information.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, most difficult and unexpected question was, "Is the customer always right?" Uhhhh, definitely not, but how do you say that in an acceptable way? Basically, there are things like store policy that get in the way of them being right, but other than that...yes...always right.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

I had a friend tell me that the location was hiring and she told me to apply. I went in person and asked for an application. I filled it out and then my friend told me to take it to her assistant manager. I introduced myself and gave her the application thinking she wasn't going to have time to talk to me, but she did and the first thing she asked me was "What are your strengths?", and also "What does your availability look like?". She told me she would start interviewing in a couple of weeks since she was going on vacation and she would give me a call then. Almost a month passed and I still hadn't heard from her so I figured she didn't like me, but a few days ago I got a call asking if I could go in this morning for an interview and I said yes. I went in thinking I would get a group interview like most of the people on here said, and so I was really nervous, but it turns out it was 1 on 1. Throughout the entire time I felt comfortable and at ease. She wasn't cold and seemed very engaged in the interview. It took about 10 min and after she was done she told me she had already made her decision and that I was hired!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and what brought you to Kohl's?

What tasks did you enjoy doing at your previous employment and what was your least favorite thing to do?

How comfortable are you with selling a Kohl's charge card?

Tell me about a time in which you didn't get along with a coworker.

Which department would you feel more comfortable working in?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay rate begins at $9.05.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

I applied online and about a week later was called in for an interview. First woman interviewed me and said she recognized me from my previous job, the sent in another woman to interview me and and we really hit it off. I got a call two hours later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, dirt wages.

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

I applied yesterday afternoon online and received a call regarding the interview. my interview was this morning this afternoon the interview was a group interview it was pretty simple we went around the room told them about ourselves and answeredsome situational questions and fill out some paperwork while the two managers went on office and discuss some things we were then called out one by one summary not given a drop off your book summary given the job offer if the background check was clearedI'm hired in less than 24 hours of my application being submitted

Interview Questions
    • name a time you went above and beyond what happened customer   Answer Question

POS Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

The manager called me and set up an appointment for me to be interviewed. I came in and had to fill out some paperwork along with another person. The manager interviewed both me and the other person which was a little unprofessional to me as well as intimidating because the other woman had more experience than me. She asked a lot of questions I wasn't expecting except for the usual, Why did you pick this position.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose the Sales Associate position? Have you ever won an award from work before? How have you handled a difficult situation in the work environment?   View Answer