Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014
Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.2

Sale's Associate Interview

I applied on Snagajob, and got called within the week. I went in for an interview, and got a second interview with the store manager right away. They called me a few days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too difficult, but there were some duplicates between the two interviews so it was hard to come up with a new answer to the same question.   Answer Question

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's.

I submitted my written application form to the customer service desk and received a phone call to come in for an interview. I went dressed business casual and sat in a group interview. It was an extremely simple interview and as long as you present yourself intelligently, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any of the questions specifically but they were all common sense.   Answer Question
    Hourly wage means no negotiation.

AA Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffolk, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

I was interviewed in a group with about 15 other people. We were asked questions as a group and told to discuss different scenarios amongst one another. We were also asked a few questions about ourselves and our interests. This however, was six years ago. Since than we have done interviews with groups of five asking the most basic questions such as your strong points, why do you want this job, and what could you bring to this company.

Interview Questions
    • Your weak point. Seriously, there is nothing difficult about the interview as far as being hired as a part-time associate   Answer Question

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

For some reason, to save time I know, but doesn't work with their question/interview process, it's a group interview session with every question asking for input - goes on for too long

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Applied online, was called a few days later from a manager asking about setting up an interview within the next week. Was In the interview with another interviewee, we were asked a bunch of questions. Was called a half hour after I left asking if I'd accept the job.

POS Associate Interview

Was invited to a group interview that consisted of approximately 6 other people. There are about 5-6 questions asked; try and answer at least 3 of them. They kept a few of us in the same room we interviewed in after and had told us after they analyzed the interview that we had received the job. At this point, we filled out paperwork and set up our training date.

Interview Questions
    • You are asked how you have dealt with upset customers in a past job.   View Answer

POS Sales Associate Interview

This will more than likely be a group interview where you will have to tell stories about how proud you were when you accomplished something great and explain why you think you will be a good fit. For this position most of your competitors will be pretty mundane and unless someone gives a really horrible answer or fails the drug test most of you will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer a question about a time when you performed well under stress.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

Took assessment questions online and filled out another application during interview. Took about 1 day. Interview was 30 minute group interview. Asked basic questions regarding past experiences. Filled out additional paperwork. Discussed hours and expectations. Offers employee discount, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Kohl's compared to any other store location?   View Answer
    Seasonal employee. Minimum wage. Temporary PT employee.

Seasonal Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

I applied online got a call back within minutes. Told me to come in for an interview in 2 days .I was asked about 7 or 8 questions
    What does customer service mean to you?
    Do you have any experience in retail?
    Explain your previous jobs
    How do you work under stress?
    What is your availability?
    The guy who interviewed me was pretty nervous so it made me more confident. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What did you hate most about your recent job? I said the difficult customers   View Answer
    None you get what they give

POS Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

Submitted an application through snagajob and was contacted about 2 weeks later. It was a group interview of 5 people including myself. The manager was very nice so I wasn't too nervous. She talked about Kohl's and what it would be like to work there and then went through the circle asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      What is your availability?
      Have you ever received any awards or recognitions?
      Would you be willing to solicit credit?
      Is the customer always right? (YES!)
        Answer Question