Kohl's Interview Questions

1,363 Interview Reviews

2.2

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendora, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Glendora, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume and application on line. I was called in for a group interview. The manager asked each person to tell a little about themselves. Then she asked ech person in the room a standard interview question. We each answer one question only. The manager and her partner left the room to discuss the applicants for about 5 minutes. They returned and said that ALL of the people present were hired. The strategy of management appeared to be anyone with availability and a pulse could get hired. They also "demanded" priority of scheduling even though they were part-time positions with no guarantee of hours. In fact my first work shift wasn't for 3 weeks after hiring due to lack of hours avalable.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions asked in an interview. Each one in group answered one of the questions that would normally be answered by a person during an individual interview.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied online for a different position. I went into the interview and was hired within a day or so. When I went in for training I was then informed I would be working at the customer service desk.... I was not happy that they offered me a job, then switched the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had an issue and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I got a call to attend a group interview a week after I applied online. My interview was actually a very pleasant experience! It was SUPPOSED to be a group interview, but I was the only one who showed up! I suppose the idea of a group interview freaked some people out. The manager was thorough, competent, and very nice. After filling out paper work (consent for drug testing and background check, etc.), I got an offer a week later! It was just that simple!

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you went "above and beyond" for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Kohl's versus someplace else?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Peoria, AZ).

Interview

One on one interview with the manager, felt like a conversation rather than an official interview. The management is really friendly and they're usually really desperate for people. It's best to know somebody who works there as that will speed up the process.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a busy, non-stop environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Hilliard, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Arrived 30 mins early in case there was paperwork (there wasn't). Called in a little later than scheduled with 5 other people. I suspected it would be a group interview from reading other interviews on here. The interviewer started w bringing us all to a back room and we all sat facing her. The interviewer took attendance then described the positions available as well as what each job was like. Then she went around asking first what job each of us were applying for. Then she asked questions starting w a diff person each time but going in the same order. After 6 questions confirmed our availabilities and answered any questions. The atmosphere was like "let's get through this" but not in a "I'm annoyed" way. Then she said we will know if we did or didn't get the job by Friday (today is Tuesday).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Had an group interview with about 9 other people's manger was great was a little scared at first, but everything was great told everyone they would give a call a day or two later and received a call the next day for a second interview

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service to you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back about 2 weeks later. Arrived 15 mins early and had to fill out some paperwork. Went to the office and talked to the manager, he was very nice and understanding. Wanted to actually get to know me. Standard questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable soliciting credit?   Answer Question
    • Do like to multitasking or work on one thing at a time?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone you had a disagreement. What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What was your experience like the last time you shopped at kohl's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chandler, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online, then they called me and we scheduled an interview. I went in and before the interview actually started, they had me fill out another application. I met the person who was going to interview me and we into his. He asked some basic questions and I had to fill out another application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kernersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Kernersville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

It was okay. It was a group thing.I'm waiting on a back ground check at the moment. I feel good about it. There were a lot of people in the interview. At the end they asked some people to leave and offered the remaining few a job pending a back ground check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (El Cajon, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I turned in my online application, 2 days later I recieved a phone call for an interview. I went to the group interview, one day later they called and offered me a part time position. Orientation was a week later, employment started one week after that for training ( 2 days). Then you wait another week with no hours scheduled. Then they started scheduling me about 8-12 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kohl's? Describe one time when you had to give good customer service for something someone else did wrong. What is your availability to work, can you work till 11:30pm on the weekends?   Answer Question