Kohl's

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.2

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

The internship process was standard. I was first asked some behavioral questions, and then I was told about the position and what to expect. All my question were answered. Personally, I thought the answers were vague and not very helpful. The interview was brief and to the point. This was my first interview

Sale Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

I was called for a group interview. Because, they didn't have enough people for the interview, it was postponed by a week. We pretty much went around the room speaking on why we were the best fit for the job and our skills. We were then asked a series of questions and the person picked to answer first was totally random. We pretty much all had the same answer to the questions and added a little more to them.

Interview Questions
    • If you ever had a disagreement with a manager and what did you do about it.   View Answer

Android Engineer Interview

HR contacted via linked in, took them 2 weeks to get my resume to hiring manager, Hiring manager called and asked some technical questions, overall it was slow process for me compare to other companies.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

It was quick and to the point. Interviewed with two different people and was given an offer soon after. There is no discussion of placement on pay. It was to the point.

None

Sales Floor Associate Interview

This was for a new store. They had us in a group interview with about 15 people. They sat us in a room in a hotel with 2 managers I believe. They would ask a question and randomly ask one of us to answer the question. They would also present us scenarios and ask us for "a time when you exhibited" so and so. Be prepared to present a sales pitch for an in-store credit card.

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview was super casual however the case study was super clustered. They had 8 of us in a case study due to short time and it was honestly a debacle.

Sales Associate Interview

First, about a week after I put in my application on sangajob, I was invited in to do a group interview. The group interview was with four other interviewees. The group in interview went well and I was call.about three days later to do another interview with the store manager. That interview also went well. Then I was called about two days later about the job offer and to set up an orientation date.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I was referred by a current employee of Kohl's. I received an email from the recruiter with a link to a video interview. You have 7 days to complete the interview. The video interview had 5 questions that you record yourself answering. After that you go to Milwaukee for two days of in-person interview and then they extend offers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in retail at Kohl's?
      What makes a good team?
      What are some of your favorite jobs?
      What's an example of when you've been analytical with finances?
      Describe the characteristics of your favorite mentor or manager.

Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

They called me for a group interview, when I showed up there was about 11 other people there. We were taken into a room and sat on chairs in a circle facing the interviewer. (She has now been working for the company for 9 years I believe she said? and she also started off as a seasonal employee). She made all of us introduce ourselves, (when It got to my turn I mentioned things I didn't list in my resume and I also emphasized how I currently own my own online business), then she went around and asked each person a single question, (for example: "why should Kohl's pick you?" "Name a time you had conflict with an employee and resolved it.") before I went into the interview I searched reviews here on Glassdoor also on Yahoo Answers and I visited the companies website to see what they were all about and what they stood for. When the interviewer got to me she asked me, "Why do you wanna work at Kohl's?" and SINCE I had done my researched answered with something along the lines of, "I wanna work at Kohls because I believe in what the company stands for, bringing awareness to breast cancer is important because it is a growing issue here in our country and I like that Kohl's in environmentally friendly, I know that Kohl's recycles and builds energy efficient buildings." She smiled and said, "You did your homework, huh?" and I responded yes :-) Opposed to the other candidates she had asked the same question, they responded with "I am a customer here, I like the environment, blah blah blah." So in short make sure your answers stand out. Also she noticed that the shirt I was wearing was from a line of theirs and even commented on it! (: Afterwards she gave us forms to fill out and as soon as we turned them in we were allowed to leave. Also note that a background check will be performed and if you decline to a drug test they won't even bother with you. Also schedule availability/flexibility goes a long way, especially in seasonal positions! All in all I had a good experience, (this was my second interview ever, 1st one was at Chipotle and it was awful!)

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one, question's are pretty basic just do your research, read some articles, be prepared. Speak clearly and try not to come off as nervous!   View Answer
    No negotiation, $9.05 take it or leave it.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Applied online and received a call the next day. When I got there the employees were kinda giving me the eye. They seemed to be thrown off by someone wearing a vest. They sent me to the back and there were 10-25 other people sitting in this lobby like area. Allot of them looked like they came in off the street. I was surprised when they called around 15 people to come sit around a table (all for the same job).

The interviewer didn't even make eye contact with us he spent the whole time looking down at a paper. He asked a question then one by one we had to answer the question. It felt pretty degrading to be honest. The people that turned up ranged from 18 year olds to 50 year olds. Unsurprisingly the older people made the young people look like fools. Honestly felt like we were only there to fill the seat.

As we leave, the interviewer shakes our hands. This time he only looks at the women and doesn't make eye contact or speak to the men at all. I watched him the entire time, I was the last to leave the room.

It is the worst interview experience I had ever had up till today. Young people and first timers, stay away especially if you're a guy. Introverts, do yourself a favor and stay away.

Interview Questions
    • Really generic pointless questions that barely have anything to do with the position.   Answer Question