Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015
1,112 Interview Reviews

2.2

Overnight Freight Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

The hiring was pretty standard. A manager asked questions in the interview. Was asked about my customer service experience, schooling, what I can add to the store, and how you can help the company overall. I was also asked if the "customer" is always right in the retail establishment. Make sure to answer "yes" to that question.

Store Management Trainee Interview

Interview

Case study, then two 1 hour interviews with different types of management. I began by applying on my school's website and then was offered to come in for a case study and then interview. It was your standard interviews, but the case study was relatively easy. The case study was done and then presented to a board of management and answered questions.

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

it would take days upon your submission of application either online or in person. They expect you to be ready with your updated resumé. They change their interview process each year but, they always have a panel of HR for the interview. Once you get hired, they will give you a date when you can start. You have to undergo drug test right away. They expect you to be prompt and to dress appropriately for the job title you are applying for. Be ready to pick your available schedule as well. They have day shifts and night shifts.

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Group interview, it was easy and very laid back. We sat in a room and he asked us questions. What is your weakness. And what are your strengths. Asked where we want department we wanted to work in. Asked about our previous employers and asked about our jobs. Asked us to make name tags when we came in. they also asked us to go around the room and tell about ourselves.

Negotiation

Come in and do paper work.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I had one interview, I was out of high school. i applied for a seasonal position. They sat me in a big room with about 19 other people. a total of 20 of us interviewees. they paired us up in a group of 2 and had us interview the person next to us. It was very different.

Interview Questions

• Having to interview the person they assigned you to and then having to present that person with as much information that they told you.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Group interview. Took turns answering the same questions. Everyone just tried one upping each other. It didn't seem like a serious interview, more like just getting to know everyone. Awkward at first, especially if you're uncomfortable talking in front of others.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation process

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Online is the prevailing link or referral. Phone screening, District interview then Regional. Questions directed around team building, results and experience. Trying hire through larger Universities and developing talent inhouse. Senior positions generally filled based on specific need. Interveiws are generally done in store locations and a relaxed Q&A is the typical experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions very direct and many concerning ability to develop team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiations

Marketing Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I did a lot of networking with kohl's such as a sophomore shadow day and networking events/career fair, and was given an interview after applying through my campus recruitment website. The interview room at my university was packed with people waiting for their interviews as Kohl's did all of theirs on the same day. The questions were very conversational, going over your experience and just seeing if you fit into their culture. It was a very pleasant experience. I interviewed for 2 internship positions and was invited to the second round for the Purchasing Intership position. They take you to their headquarters in milwaukee where you and others selected stay at a very nice hotel and have a networking dinner, then do a tour of their campus the next day, along with interviewing a couple people. Overall a very personal, get-to-know-you kind of process.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Hiring varies from store to store. My interview was in a group. Typically done. Interviewees are asked a series of questions and two or three people will answer that question then the next set will get a seperate question and so on. Typically asked why you want to work there or why you think you can work there. Keep answers directed toward the job you want. If you have experience folding clothes or using registers stick with that. The interviewing managers do not care if you know how to flip a burger or stand next to a pool as a life guard.

High pace.
    High energy.
    Quick response time.
    Fast learner.
    Enthusiastic about customer service.

These will get you a job incorporate it into an interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for our store? Or what can you bring to our team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Previous experience will get you slightly higher pay

Interview

Submitted application online was asked to come in for an interview about a week later. Came in for an interview and was told it would be a group interview. The manager showed up 15 minutes late griping about people showing up on time. He started off the interview with informing the group about how he would be firing 13 people. The group interview was extremely juvenile and it was clear he wanted to hire mostly young people to bully.