Kohl's Interview Questions

1,233 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Woodbury, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

I went to the customer service desk, and they told me where to wait for the interview. It was a group interview with 5 other girls. The assistant manager had us fill out a packet of forms before we started the interview. He first had us say our names and why we chose Kohl's. Then he asked us several more questions that I had been prepared for because of this site! We went around the table taking turns answering the same questions, but he started first with different people so it was fair. After that he called me back first to talk one on one with him. He just basically asked if I had any questions, what department I would like to work in and why, and if I would be able to handle the business of weekends. I would say dress up business. I kept smiling and made eye contact with the interviewer and with whoever was talking. This was my first interview ever, but it went really well because I was prepared, well dressed, and appeared confident and professional during the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your name, and why did you choose Kohl's?
      2. Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone.
      3. What would you do if you saw a customer stealing?
      4. Tell me about a time when you were late to work or an appointment.
      5. Explain a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.
      6. What would you do if a customer had a question about a different department that wasn't part of your responsibility?

1 Answer

Freelance Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

I recently partnered with Creative Circle (Chicago branch) and was submitted to Kohl's by my representative. Based on my portfolio and experience, my rep got me an interview with the creative director and another art director. It was the basic portfolio presentation with no real direct, formal questions. A week and a half later, I was offered the position and completed a background check and drug test.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through SnagAJob and was called within a week. We set up an interview for about a week later. I went in 15 minutes early and walked to customer service. The girl who was running the counter noticed I looked ready for an interview so she just grabbed me a packet and a clipboard and told me to have a seat off to the side and fill it out. I filled it out then sat there for 15 minutes and she realized she forgot to tell the store manager I was there. Someone got the manager and she came over and introduced herself and lead me to her office. Surprisingly it was a 1:1 interview and not a group interview like everybody else on here. Pretty basic questions and then she described the 4 areas in which I could work. She didn't clarify which one I would be working in but I guess that we will go over that during orientation. I was in there for only 15 minutes. She hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Making minimum wage.

Any Hob They Were Offering Me Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zanesville, OH

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Zanesville, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

The whole process took a week. went to the customer service register to ask for an application and the women working told me to fill it out at a table they had sitting right there. When I gave it back to her completed she asked me to schedule a group interview. 2 hours later I came in with one other girl that was applying for a position and was interviewed by the assistant manager. She told us that she liked younger people with no experience in retail because she could teach us her way more effectively. It took 5 days for them to run a background check and call back and offer me a job. I got called on a Monday and started training on a Thursday.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time where you handled a stressful situation well?   Answer Question
    • What are good qualities that you think a person in retail should possess?   Answer Question

Freight Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and didn't seem to be an actual interview. I was asked to introduce myself and talk about my work experience and my availability. Next I filled out an in-store application and the interview was basically over. Overall I wasn't happy with the interview, or the starting salary that I learned at the end of the interview, so in the end I was offered a position but turned it down.

Interview Questions

The interview process didn't feel right to me and the starting pay was 7.45/hour which was way less than what I was looking for.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Lancaster, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, about two weeks later I got a call to schedule an interview. It was a group interview with three other people, and the interviewer asked several questions and we all got a chance to answer. Waited over a week and they called to set up a second interview. This time, it was a one on one interview with the store manager, and the exact same questions were asked as before. I was under the impression that I got the job, however over a week later I received an email saying that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name something you liked and disliked about your previous employer.   Answer Question

User Experience Lab Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Milpitas, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one of the recruiters. He was very nice; he told me about the company and asked me about my background. I had a great interview overall, but as all the other corporate interview posts below me will tell you, I never received a call back. I was told that I would hear back from them about the position after the recruiter said I was a great fit for the role...but....crickets. I sent a follow-up email but didn't hear back.

Granted, it's a large company and I'm pretty sure small roles like this get thrown under the table until they are really, really needed, but come on Kohls...don't waste my time. It's incredibly unprofessional to keep disappearing on candidates. At least send an automated message/email saying that you've decided to discontinue the position or you've found another candidate or whatever the case may be....not cool. Not cool.

Interview Questions

• General background questions about my resume and how it relates to the position.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Short interview with the head store manager. Asked what I liked to do for fun. Took a while to get an interview because they lost my application. Luckily, I called the week they were doing interviews and gave me one.

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a group interview with 3 other people. 2 managers asked the questions. We interviewees each went around and answered every question, even if we didn't have much to add. It helped to try to reword something someone had already said, if that was the case.

Interview Questions

• Customer B wants something Customer A has. What do you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Florence, SC).

Interview

Online application then received a phone call for an interview which they do not tell you that it is a group interview! They ask simple questions you really have to stand out keep smiling and be confident