Kohl's

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Got a call soon after applying. Applied online, before asking for personal information, had to pass a presonality quiz. It was a group interview with 5 other people. Had to fill out a few forms then we were asked some questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I applied for the position on a Monday evening and on Tuesday afternoon they called to schedule an interview. The interview was very relaxed the hiring manager was friendly and straight forward. Their company is very customer service oriented so that was the main focus of my responses

I interviewed on Thursday the next Friday they called to offer employment. All in all good experience so far. I have orientation next week.

Interview Questions
    • How do you define customer service? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    Orientation on Thursday

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

This is my first job so I was quite nervous (i'M MAKING THIS REALLY DETAILED JUST IN CASE SOMEONE WANTS TO APPLY). I applied Oct. 1st but didn't get a call around the 23rd. Tbh I honestly forgot about Kohl's since I was applying at every store practically everyday. The interview was on Saturday the 25th. I came in the store to customer service and the woman there was so friendly. Apparently the guy that was interviewing me was a nice person so she kept laughing at me because I was so nervous and told me not to worry. When I went to the back room he had me fill out some papers which I thought was weird (At every other interview I went they never had me fill out papers) but I learned soon enough that that was for my background check and a list of things that goes on in the store and if I'm willing to do any of those things. When I was done filling out forms he came and sat down so we could start the interview. He started off by telling me how long he's been in retail and how long he's been at Kohl's. Then proceeded with the questions about myself. Out of all the interviews I've done with other companies (such as Dairy Queen, Subway, Target etc.) this was the easiest interview. He made some jokes so I wouldn't feel uncomfortable and it worked lol. At the end when he asked if there were any questions I had I started freaking out lol he actually answered all the questions I was planning on asking him during the interview so I just said no and he laughed and said it's okay. Questions that he asked will be down under along with the answer I gave. At the end of the interview he told me that I shouldn't worry cause he thought the interview went great and that someone would call me when my background check is finished. They called two days later saying that I passed and that orientation for new employees is the 2nd of Nov.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself   View Answer
    • Why do I want to work for Kohl's   View Answer
    • Name a time when someone frustrated you   View Answer
    • Do I have any problems with asking customers if they would like to sign up for a Kohl's charge card   View Answer
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for someone   View Answer
    He asked what would I like my pay to be and I just said minimum wage. I thought I have no right to negotiate since it would be my first job and minimum wage here in Washington is 9.32 so i absolutely had no problem lol

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I got called in for a group interview about a month after I applied. Showed up with about a minute to spare. Two other people came in late and one of them was about 7 minutes late and she still got the job. (show up early!) There was about 12 of us in the whole group interview and there were only 4 guys including myself. 4 of us were only 18 years old and the rest were 25 and even up to 40 years old ! They started by asking us to state are names and our previous job experience and if we have ever worked in retail.(I haven't) They then asked us two questions they wanted to ask and said to raise your hand if you felt like answering. It seemed the people with the most retail experience and most talkative didn't get the job. They went and talked for a few minutes and called some people out of the room and came back to us saying we got the job. So if you get called your most likely not gonna get it. They didn't ask us any tricky questions like "why should we hire you" or anything like that but it'd be smart to have those types of questions answered in your head. Dress casual and be polite and professional and you should be golden. I'm normally very nervous and shy around new people but I just sucked it up and figured if I don't get the job then oh well. Just be yourself, keep a positive look on your face, and smile when necessary. Try to keep a toothless smile on your face most of the time and make eye contact.�� Hopes this helps !

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's.

I applied in person and i got called in for an interview along with other people too, it was pretty easy and more of a group interview, after that i spoke with the manager and was given the job

Manager In Training Interview

Glassdoor pretty much sums up all the questions you will get asked, found this site very useful.

What is the Kohls culture?
    How do you manage your time?
    Tell me about a time you failed?
    How did you handle a conflict with a manager?

better offer

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I was referred by a current employee of Kohl's. I received an email from the recruiter with a link to a video interview. You have 7 days to complete the interview. The video interview had 5 questions that you record yourself answering. After that you go to Milwaukee for two days of in-person interview and then they extend offers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in retail at Kohl's?
      What makes a good team?
      What are some of your favorite jobs?
      What's an example of when you've been analytical with finances?
      Describe the characteristics of your favorite mentor or manager.
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Got an initial phone call to schedule interview. The day of the interview, I was surprised it was a small group interview with me and another person. We sat with the Supervisor and the Assistant Manager and the Assistant Manager asked us questions like why we wanted to work here and behavioral questions to get a gauge of our work ethic.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question

Ad Set Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I applied on snagajob.com and received a call from the hiring manager a day later to come in for an interview. When I got there employees gave me strange looks and I felt a bit uncomfortable. I had a group interview. The interview went well though, it was pretty easy. I received another phone call 1 week later to come in for orientation. I'm going through training right now and so far I like the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went above and beyond?
      What does customer service mean to you?
        Answer Question
    There were no negotiations for the salary, I accepted it.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

Filled out the online application and received a call for a group interview a month later. The group interview was with a store manager and there were four other applicants being interviewed as well. The questions were easy and simple basically about current employment, what your availability was, and if you could particularly work weekends and holidays. It's a little over a week later and I still haven't heard back.