Kohl's

2.2

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's.

very child like, didn't even ask for my resume.
    I filled out application and turned into store. Next day got a date for an interview. Went into the interview, I was smarter than the interviewer who is the store manager. Didn't ask pertinent questions.
    Didn't offer anything about the store, the type of employee for the type of job being hired for. Hired and told to wait for Orientation date, which was 2 weeks later.

Cosmetics Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kohl's.

Initial interviews here are like corralling cattle. After working here for a time I realized they did this several times a week because they couldn't hang on to their employees. I went through 2 rounds of interviews - on initial and then a return interview for my specific supervisory position. This is a big company and everything they do is formulated.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the right person for this job?   View Answer
    I don't think they negotiate. Everything is formulated.

IT Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

Met with recruiter at job fair, then applied online. A few days later was emailed to set up in On-Campus interview. About 5 days later, got another email saying I was being invited out to Milwaukee for a final interview. Was taken out to dinner with other students, and got a tour of the city. Next day we had interviews and corporate tours.

POS Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

It was a group Interview with 8 people and 2 people asking questions. After asking a series of questions and allowing each person to answer every question, they asked me and another person to stay behind to ask more questions about the applications we submitted. We were offered positions on the spot.

Seaonal Sales Associate | Part-Time Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

I received a call from Kohl's about 2 weeks after applying online. They told me to come in for an interview. I thought it was going to be a group interview after reading all the reviews on GlassDoor. However, my interview was 1-on-1. As I walked in, the manager asked for my availability and asked a few questions including: Tell me about your retail experience, What skills should a sales associate possess, and Is it ever acceptable to be late. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations since it was a part-time seasonal job.

Jewelry Specialist Interview

It was a basic cattle call...... they just were looking for bodies for Christmas. No real interview... just filled out papers and you were hired...... very weird They decided where to put you and then told you when to start. Seems like its a no brainer to get hired at Kohls

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online and two weeks later they called me for an interview. It was a group interview of 6 and I believe 4 out of 6 were hired. The questions were all pretty basic.. and two days later I received an offer.

*you must consent to drug test*

Interview Questions: Do you agree with the statement "the customer is always right?" How do you feel about being late to work and/or is it acceptable? Tell me about a time you worked for a stressful job and what did you do to help? Have you ever had an employee not follow the rules and if so what did you do to stop it? ... i'm not sure what the others were but I know one was like what do you do to keep structure in the workplace.

Interview Questions
    • no questions were difficult, but I wasn't told it was a group interview so just be prepared   Answer Question
    I requested minimum wage on my app and was offered 5 cents over so that was nice.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

About a month process - Got invited for an interview, two weeks later, interview process went great. Got asked to come in for a final interview, which was about two weeks after the first interview. Had to complete an assessment that included behavioral assessment about yourself and some statistic problems. Had a great time at the final interview, which included a case study as a group interview that was pretty easy to solve and had to present it to regional VP and district managers. Had one-on-one interview with the regional VP and one of the district managers and I can not stress enough how nice these ladies were. They were amazing ladies.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was allowing the other interviewers getting the chance to talk while trying to stand out also.   Answer Question

Seasonal POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview went very well. Positive experience. Employees all smiled and seemed friendly. Got the job for flexible seasonal help, got home to find out they changed their minds due to my availability. So much for flexible schedule.

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online and eventually got a call to set up an interview and come in. The interview was extremely easy - tell me about yourself, how do you deal with a difficult customer, etc. After a little while the HR manager told me what was expected in my position and I was immediately given paperwork to fill out and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - start at minimum wage, reviews every August (no matter when you're hired) to determine a raise