Kohl's

Updated Jan 21, 2015
1,025 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I applied on an online job board, submitted my resume and application. The next day, my local Kohls called me to set up a time for a interview. Attended the group interview, which went well, and we were told they would do a background check and then call us to let us know. In about a week's time, I received the call back and was offered a position and set up a time to come in for orientation!

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I applied through Snagjob and then was called two days later for an interview. It was a group interview and I was really nervous but the person interviewing us (head of customer service) was really nice. There were about 12 people, including myself there. During the interview we were asked about 4 questions and it was pretty relaxed. She went over our applications and let some of us go. I was the first round of people to go which I'm not sure if that's good or bad. And was told I am going to be called in a week.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was fairly easy like when was the last time you were late.   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

First we had to fill out a basic job application. Then we had the group interview of about 7 people. We sat around a large table with the hiring manager who asked questions starting with a different person each time. It was a fun upbeat atmosphere. A couple of questions were about our personal Kohls experience- did we have a Kohls Card and did we have a Rewards Card. It seemed like he was trying to somewhat sell the people who didn't have a charge card on why they should get one. Other questions were I think trying to figure out our personality types - what type of tree would you be and why, for example. At the end he selected 2 of us to select team members from the group. Then each team had to "sell" something random from a group of objects on the table. Overall it wasn't a bad experience. There were several group interviews that day and I see the ad for positions at that particular store is still up, so I don't know how many people they need for one store, so it seems like they might be selecting maybe a few out the groups.

Interview Questions
    • What type of tree would you be and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little about yourself including if you have a Kohls card or Rewards card, a situation when you dealt with conflict and what you did to resolve it, and what position you would be most interested in at Kohls.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I had a phone interview and then went in for a face to face. Meet with three people who are in leadership positions and they completed a group interview. Then I meet with the Human Resources Manager in a different room. The questions were general and easy. They were mostly talking about the job itself. It was an easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • What will you bring to the table to make it easier for us?   Answer Question
    It was non-negotiable.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

The day after I filled out the application, I was called in for an interview. When I got there I was asked to fill out a second application and give some additional information, then me and my group were called in to do a group interview. We were asked group questions and then given individual questions.Most were very typical of an interview (i.e. What does good customer service look like to you?) and then the interviewer invited questions about pay, raises, and scheduling, which was nice as I think many people feel uncomfortable asking about that in the initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw someone put putting merchandise in their bag?   View Answer

The pay was only 7.45 and hour and they wouldn't let me haggle for higher pay. They claimed they do raises but employees said the raises were a joke and basically just a cost-of-living adjustment.

Seasonal Sales Associate/POS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

A 1:1 interview with the assistant store manager. She was very nice. I applied online and got a call a few hrs later for an interview the next day. I filled an online application and then when you get there you fill another application on paper before you see them. She asked about 3 questions and she talked the rest and most of the time. She said she would love to hire me and really liked my smile and she want friendly people to work there and i was offered the job on the spot and filled out some paperwork. Make sure you keep eye contact and smile a lot. The whole interview and paperwork took about an hr.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • whats your availability, anytime?
      (i already wrote my availability on the paper application that she was looking at)

Answer Question
    • are you okay asking a customer to open a kohls credit card   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You get paid $7.65/hr

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Im applied in snagajob and 3 days laters they call me for a interview. The ask me two questions and then they gave me a papers to fill out and check my background check. Pass 5 days and they call me again to a orientation and offer me a job.

Interview Questions
    • What to talk about yourself?   View Answer
    • You are available to work on holidays and weekend?   View Answer
    No negotiation because is seasonal position.

Truck Unloader/Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Took about two days to get interview. Minimum wage starting out. Truck unload hours were 5am-10am. Retail varied. Still waiting to hear back from them. Said she had to run background check, check references and would let me know either by phone call if they proceeded to continue further or my letter if they declined.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like most about other companies that you had previously worked for. What were the things you didn't like...   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Came approx. 10 minutes earlier than scheduled, was on time and I dressed neatly. Was asked to wait outside of interview room then the manager came and escort me inside where other applicants were there and we were told to filled out employment forms prior to the interview. It was a fun, comfortable group interview. The manager was a very nice friendly lady. She asked about 10 questions which we all take turns answering. Nothing too hard, but we were told to answer the questions as different from the others as possible, in our own perspective. After that, we were allow to asked her any question regarding the store and her personal experience. At the end, she talked to each of us privately, and when it was my turn, I was told I got the job. The entire process took an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think the customer is always right?   View Answer
    • Name one time when you went above and beyond to help someone.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you got into a conflict with another co-worker or peers, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer asked you a question which you dont know the answer to?   Answer Question
    • What do you think "No Call, No Show" mean?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Applied online about 2 months before kohl's contacted me for an interview. Set up an interview time, thought it was going to be one on one but it was a group interview with 7 other people. I was the only one dressed professionally, which I thought was odd. The interviewer asked all of us to fill out an availability form, then she checked them and went around the table were we had to talk about our retail experience. 2 of the people had to leave because they weren't over 18, felt bad for them because on the online application it stated that you had to be over 18 to apply so they should have been flagged from the start. After we said our experience the interviewer talked about the next step, basically we had to wait on an email to consent to a background check and whatnot. And that we were all hired if we passed. However I did not think the job would be minimum wage since it was seasonal, and usually seasonal jobs pay somewhat well. So I was disappointed about the rate, and that there would be no overtime whatsoever. The interview process was somewhat quick. As soon as you walked in though you were basically forced to open a kohls charge before you were brought back to the interview room.

Pay rate too low.