Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Kohl's
- Sales Floor Associate (145)
- POS Associate (139)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (136)
- Kohls Sales Associate (54)
- Sales Associate (49)
- Cashier (47)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (44)
- Customer Service Associate (30)
- Assistant Store Manager (29)
- Associate (27)
- Merchandise Analyst (25)
- Point of Sale Associate (24)
- POS Sales Associate (24)
- Store Management (23)
- Ad Set Associate (22)
- Intern (21)
- Freight Associate (21)
- Sale Associate (19)
- Customer Service Representative (14)
- Manager In Training (14)
- Store Manager (14)
- Loss Prevention Officer (14)
- Loss Prevention Supervisor (13)
- Area Supervisor (11)
- Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) (11)
- Store Management Intern (10)
- Any (10)
- MMJ Sales Associate (10)
- Replenishment Associate (9)
- Store Associate (9)
Jewelry Associate Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Maple Grove, MN).
Well, when I went in to ask if they were hiring I spoke with the HR representative almost immediately and gave them my resume. They got back to me in a few days and set up a group interview. It was fast passed and fairly informal, and as far as I know everyone who went got hired. During the interview they did warn us of the low pay and the late hours, but nothing they said could have prepared us for the confusing last minute schedules and never knowing when we were gonna get to go after a rough closing shift.
- The hardest question I was asked was 'Why do you want this job?', it's obvious to anyone, I just want some money! I felt like I had to lie on the spot because, come on, its a retail job, why do you think I want it? 1 Answer
I didn't negotiate, I just accepted.
Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's
Jewelry Associate InterviewAccepted Offer
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's.
submitted an application online, and they called a few days later. Was interviewed by 0-1 (store manager) in a one-on-one interview inside the office and she offered me a job right after the interview. They have a high employee turnover rate.
- What is your most defining quality? (I said I was ambitious) Give an example of that. Answer Question
Jewelry Associate InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Orlando, FL) in October 2013.
Initial contact was only a day after I applied online. Interview was set up for a few days later. Was not told ahead of time that it was a group interview. Three tables were set up and the people with the most experience were seated at the front table. Interview was conducted by the manager and two other people who were not supervisors. Questions were generic for most everyone except the people at the front table who were asked specific questions about their experience. Basically a waste of time for the people seated at the back two tables.
- Specific questions were only asked to more experienced candidates. I was only asked generic interview questions like "Describe a time when you were loyal to an employer?" Answer Question
Jewelry Associate InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in February 2011.
My interview was very unorganized because the store was currently being remodeled. I was hired by someone who was actually employed at a different store and she made promises that the store did not uphold.
- I was asked about a gap in my employment history. I was very ill during this point in time and she asked many questions about this. Answer Question
Jewelry Associate InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in May 2010.
As long as you know someone at the store you are a shoe in. I applied in the past and never got an interview, once another associate referred me for the position I was called for an interview. The interview consisted of approximatley 7-8 job applicants in the room with 2 managers and they began to ask all of us the typical interview questions. In about a week all of us from the interview were called and offered jobs.
They do not allow for negotiations.
Jewelry Associate InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2009.
It was a panel of 3 managers in different departments interviewing 5 candidates at the same time. We each took a turn answering the same question in front of another, or they individually asked a person a question. I was very customer service focused in answering my questions, and made it clear that I was enthusiastic about the company and working in environment like retail. I had 5yrs experience in retail, and an open availability which was definitely used (not crazy wacky hours, but not very consistent but hey it was a seasonal job).
- Describe an experience where you provided excellent customer service? Answer Question
- A customer approaches you and they are angry that something is not in stock. What do you do and how do you handle it. Answer Question
- Why do you want to work for Kohls? Answer Question
- What is a negative about your last supervisor? Answer Question
It was minimum wage.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review