Kohl's Kohls Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

For some reason, to save time I know, but doesn't work with their question/interview process, it's a group interview session with every question asking for input - goes on for too long

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Applied online, was called a few days later from a manager asking about setting up an interview within the next week. Was In the interview with another interviewee, we were asked a bunch of questions. Was called a half hour after I left asking if I'd accept the job.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

Applied online. I believe they called me a couple weeks later to set up an interview. As I hadn't moved to town yet, I wasn't available, so they said they would move me into the next pool of applicants. They did, got a call a month later. One-on-one interview with the store manager. It was a relatively relaxed interview. After filling out paperwork, he asked about job history. Told me about the work environment, which seems pretty friendly and fun. He joked with all the other employees I saw. Asked why I wanted to work there. What good customer service means, how I would make sure a customer was happy. Asked about a difficult time I had with a coworker and how I handled it. Checked on availability, especially before store opens and after store closes, since holidays are coming up. Said he thought I would fit in well and I filled out background check and reference paperwork. 3 business days later I got a phone call with a job offer and orientation information.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, most difficult and unexpected question was, "Is the customer always right?" Uhhhh, definitely not, but how do you say that in an acceptable way? Basically, there are things like store policy that get in the way of them being right, but other than that...yes...always right.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southaven, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2014.

I filled out a application through SnagAJob.com .I started calling everyday and asking for the manager but he was so hard to find.I finally got a hold of him after a few weeks.He told me to come in at 3:00 P.M the next day.I came in early at 2:30 P.M and he didn't come in till 5:15 P.M that day.So I had waited all that time that day dedicated to get a job. When he finally got there he asked me questions and told me he was going to hire me,He lied!

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I had a total of 2 interviews, took a couple days in between to finish the whole process. Needed my SSN for a background check that took a couple weeks before they hired me.

no negotiations

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online (on snagajob) and they called me within a week or so and asked if I was interested in an interview the next week. I accepted the offer. When I arrived at customer service for the interview, they told me it was a group interview. There were six of us. We had to fill out another application packet which was pointless because we had all filled them out online upon applying! Anyways, that took a good portion of time, waiting for everyone to complete filling out their information. Next, individually we answered interview questions (each of us took turns going first). I didn't mind the group interview style, but it was obvious that people were getting ideas from the people before them.

After the four interview questions, the manager went on a "rant" about Kohl's cards, basically advertising to us. It felt very forced and uncomfortable and outright unprofessional, especially because he went on about it for a good 15-20 minutes. I didn't come to an interview at Kohl's to buy a credit card... This turned me off instantly and at that point I wanted to leave. The whole interview was money orientated, telling us how employees have a 15% discount and how you can stack Kohl's discounts to save BIG. How easy it was to open a Kohl's card...how you can open the card, buy, save and pay the credit off the same day!! I wasn't buying it. We weren't treated as potential employees.. We were just more customers to advertise to to meet the quota. Great sales pitch... We'll pay you $7.45 an hour so you spend your hard earned cash on our overpriced products, using our credit card so we earn interest!

Other than that whole ordeal, I thought the interview was decent. The managers and other employees seemed nice. Overall, the interview lasted a little over an hour.

They emphasized the references, in the sense that you are required to have two and they were going to call them.

After the horrible impression at the interview, thinking it over that night and telling my S.O. about the experience, I decided I would rather not work for a company whose values/mission I disagree with. The next day, I called the store saying I wasn't interested (I didn't want them bothering my references for a job I wasn't passionate about).

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Downey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2014.

It was a group interview there were eight of us and they ended up choosing three. If you have previous experience you are more likely to be chosen. All questions were about previous experience with customers. You can share personal experience but work experience is better.

Kohl's Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2013.

when I went to my interview I already knew it was going to be a group interview from this website. But when I got there it wasn't bad at all. I was interviewed by two people. They were really friendly. That day only me and this girl got interviewed at the same time. Turns out 6 people didn't show. I had my interview last Wednesday and was told to wait a week or two since they still have to interview people.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult basic questions. Besides cashier are you comfortable working in other areas? Do you have sales experience? and give a example. If your boss gave you a job to do and you had 4 customers who needed help what do you do? Have you ever handled a stressful situation at work and how? Why do you want to work here? tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. i have to wait 1-2 weeks to see if I got the job.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2011.

It was a group interview and involved the managers asking questions and giving paperwork to the people being interviewed.

Interview Questions

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!