Kohl's

2.1

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Im applied in snagajob and 3 days laters they call me for a interview. The ask me two questions and then they gave me a papers to fill out and check my background check. Pass 5 days and they call me again to a orientation and offer me a job.

Interview Questions
  • What to talk about yourself?   View Answer
  • You are available to work on holidays and weekend?   View Answer
No negotiation because is seasonal position.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

I filled out an application online and within a week or so I was called in for a group interview. After the interview, I was notified that I was offered the job via phone.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected. Most were based on customer service. There was no rhyme or reason to how they asked the questions. You just had to compete with the other candidate to get your voice heard.   Answer Question

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

First there was a group interview and then we had one on one, basic retail interview questions. The one confusing part was then they hired everyone in the group interview, almost like they had planned to at the beginning but had to go through protocol, taking time away from everyone.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, they offered hourly wage at minimum wage at the time.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Turned in my application on a Monday or Tuesday, got a call back Friday for an interview scheduled for NEXT Friday which was a little annoying but I went in. Interview was simple but be prepared, "What if a customer needs help in a different department? Is the customer always right? Why do you want to work at Kohls?" Stuff like that very nice manager and I got offered the job on the spot and I accepted but I was not really able to ask questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Applied online and received a call the next day. When I got there the employees were kinda giving me the eye. They seemed to be thrown off by someone wearing a vest. They sent me to the back and there were 10-25 other people sitting in this lobby like area. Allot of them looked like they came in off the street. I was surprised when they called around 15 people to come sit around a table (all for the same job).

The interviewer didn't even make eye contact with us he spent the whole time looking down at a paper. He asked a question then one by one we had to answer the question. It felt pretty degrading to be honest. The people that turned up ranged from 18 year olds to 50 year olds. Unsurprisingly the older people made the young people look like fools. Honestly felt like we were only there to fill the seat.

As we leave, the interviewer shakes our hands. This time he only looks at the women and doesn't make eye contact or speak to the men at all. I watched him the entire time, I was the last to leave the room.

It is the worst interview experience I had ever had up till today. Young people and first timers, stay away especially if you're a guy. Introverts, do yourself a favor and stay away.

Interview Questions
    • Really generic pointless questions that barely have anything to do with the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

A group of five of us went to a back room and sat around a table. I was expecting to get drilled with individual confusing questions. What happened was quit different. The manager spoke to us all as a group asked us if we want to work at kohls she asked individually about our experience and availability. After a few jokes and small talk and a few more details about Kohls she asked us to fill out paper work and said we were all hired. We filled out paperwork and come back next week for orientation. Going in with a group almost makes it easier and more relaxed.also I have no retail experience and still was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What days are you available? Do you have retail experience?   Answer Question

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's.

I submitted my written application form to the customer service desk and received a phone call to come in for an interview. I went dressed business casual and sat in a group interview. It was an extremely simple interview and as long as you present yourself intelligently, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any of the questions specifically but they were all common sense.   Answer Question
    Hourly wage means no negotiation.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Applied online, was called a few days later from a manager asking about setting up an interview within the next week. Was In the interview with another interviewee, we were asked a bunch of questions. Was called a half hour after I left asking if I'd accept the job.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

For some reason, to save time I know, but doesn't work with their question/interview process, it's a group interview session with every question asking for input - goes on for too long

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ukiah, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ukiah, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

I applied on snagajob.com and was called two days later to set up an interview, I walked in and the lady directed me to walk into the break room, i noticed everyone was very nice, and was curious as to why i was there, the interview process was very run of the mill easy questions, they asked about my previous employer, asked what i would do if i say a coworker stealing, etc. They told me they normally have a second interview with the store manager, but said they liked me and handed me pre-enployment paper work, and a back ground check. They called me a week later and asked me to come in for orientation.