Kohl's Kohls Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porterville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Porterville, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

After reading a lot of reviews I thought that it would be a group interview but my interview was one on one. The started like 30 minutes late and made me fill out another application. The interview was pretty basic. They really just want someone who is available a lot. She told me right off the bat that the pay is $9.05 and they only hire part time.She also made me fill some papers after the interview to write down info and 4 references. They never told me that I was hired but I got called in for orientation so I guess I got the job. Also they never called my references.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a rude customer?
    What would you do if you didn't know the answer to a question a customer asked you.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Troy, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was in a group setting. It was pretty casual and the manager was very friendly. She asked everyone the same question and began with different people each time so everyone had an equal opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kohl's?
      Is the customer always right?
      Talk about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strongsville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Strongsville, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very quick and the women I interviewed with was super nice. She asked me a few questions and then I filed out some paper work and then I was finished. I got a call a few days later with a job offer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I arrived to the location and proceeded to the customer service desk where I was asked to fill out a packet of paperwork. After completing the paperwork, I was taken back into an office where the interview was held. Overall the interview felt like a regular conversation and the interviewer was extremely friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Alhambra, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and later received an email for a group interview. Went to the group interview and there was about 8 other people there too. The person doing the interview came a bit late so it was a little awkward just sitting in the room with a group of strangers and there was no way to give a resume without interrupting the whole thing. We all went around telling a little bit about ourselves (including any work experience), why we love Kohl's, and which department we see ourselves in. She then asked us all 2 questions, (the first one I didn't pay attention to so I totally missed it and my response was just based off of other people's replies) so pay attention! The interview itself just took a long time because we all had to go around the room and answer the question. Oh and you also had to fill out a work schedule of availability.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to change your priorities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Glendale, WI).

Interview

It was a group interview where we went around in a circle answering the same questions which was followed by a short video about workplace policy. I applied for the position in person and was called about it approximately 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Different scenario questions aimed at how you would react in customer interactions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Mifflin, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (West Mifflin, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very tough interview for a job that paid $8 per hour. Interviewer clearly had an attitude. Turned me completely off and I decided I did not wish to work there.

Interview Questions

Interviewer said most of the training was computer based. I felt that I would be expected to train myself!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Bakersfield, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied via snagajob on Friday & got a call for an interview on Sunday. Went in on Monday and anwsered questions about customer service. The manager asked if I was interested in working the fitting rooms & I said yes. Availability is a very important factor too, you need to be available. I filled out some paperwork & was told I would get a call back for orientation once eveyone who had applied passed their drug test and background check. If not I would be expecting a letter in the mail if I was not hired. I've been waiting for a week & a half now, almost two. I've called two times to keep in touch. I hope to get called in soon!!! It was a very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer if you dont know the answer to their question?   Answer Question

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through SnagAJob and was called within a week. We set up an interview for about a week later. I went in 15 minutes early and walked to customer service. The girl who was running the counter noticed I looked ready for an interview so she just grabbed me a packet and a clipboard and told me to have a seat off to the side and fill it out. I filled it out then sat there for 15 minutes and she realized she forgot to tell the store manager I was there. Someone got the manager and she came over and introduced herself and lead me to her office. Surprisingly it was a 1:1 interview and not a group interview like everybody else on here. Pretty basic questions and then she described the 4 areas in which I could work. She didn't clarify which one I would be working in but I guess that we will go over that during orientation. I was in there for only 15 minutes. She hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Making minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy. Applied online got a call the next day to schedule an interview the next day. Went in said they would call in 7 to 10 days. Got a call an hour after my interview with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you went above and beyond your call of duty.   Answer Question