Kohl's Kohls Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.3

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Applied online and received a call the next day. When I got there the employees were kinda giving me the eye. They seemed to be thrown off by someone wearing a vest. They sent me to the back and there were 10-25 other people sitting in this lobby like area. Allot of them looked like they came in off the street. I was surprised when they called around 15 people to come sit around a table (all for the same job).

The interviewer didn't even make eye contact with us he spent the whole time looking down at a paper. He asked a question then one by one we had to answer the question. It felt pretty degrading to be honest. The people that turned up ranged from 18 year olds to 50 year olds. Unsurprisingly the older people made the young people look like fools. Honestly felt like we were only there to fill the seat.

As we leave, the interviewer shakes our hands. This time he only looks at the women and doesn't make eye contact or speak to the men at all. I watched him the entire time, I was the last to leave the room.

It is the worst interview experience I had ever had up till today. Young people and first timers, stay away especially if you're a guy. Introverts, do yourself a favor and stay away.

Interview Questions
  • Really generic pointless questions that barely have anything to do with the position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's.

I submitted my written application form to the customer service desk and received a phone call to come in for an interview. I went dressed business casual and sat in a group interview. It was an extremely simple interview and as long as you present yourself intelligently, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any of the questions specifically but they were all common sense.   Answer Question
    Hourly wage means no negotiation.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

For some reason, to save time I know, but doesn't work with their question/interview process, it's a group interview session with every question asking for input - goes on for too long

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Applied online, was called a few days later from a manager asking about setting up an interview within the next week. Was In the interview with another interviewee, we were asked a bunch of questions. Was called a half hour after I left asking if I'd accept the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ukiah, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ukiah, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

I applied on snagajob.com and was called two days later to set up an interview, I walked in and the lady directed me to walk into the break room, i noticed everyone was very nice, and was curious as to why i was there, the interview process was very run of the mill easy questions, they asked about my previous employer, asked what i would do if i say a coworker stealing, etc. They told me they normally have a second interview with the store manager, but said they liked me and handed me pre-enployment paper work, and a back ground check. They called me a week later and asked me to come in for orientation.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

Applied online. I believe they called me a couple weeks later to set up an interview. As I hadn't moved to town yet, I wasn't available, so they said they would move me into the next pool of applicants. They did, got a call a month later. One-on-one interview with the store manager. It was a relatively relaxed interview. After filling out paperwork, he asked about job history. Told me about the work environment, which seems pretty friendly and fun. He joked with all the other employees I saw. Asked why I wanted to work there. What good customer service means, how I would make sure a customer was happy. Asked about a difficult time I had with a coworker and how I handled it. Checked on availability, especially before store opens and after store closes, since holidays are coming up. Said he thought I would fit in well and I filled out background check and reference paperwork. 3 business days later I got a phone call with a job offer and orientation information.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, most difficult and unexpected question was, "Is the customer always right?" Uhhhh, definitely not, but how do you say that in an acceptable way? Basically, there are things like store policy that get in the way of them being right, but other than that...yes...always right.   Answer Question

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I had a total of 2 interviews, took a couple days in between to finish the whole process. Needed my SSN for a background check that took a couple weeks before they hired me.

no negotiations

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online (on snagajob) and they called me within a week or so and asked if I was interested in an interview the next week. I accepted the offer. When I arrived at customer service for the interview, they told me it was a group interview. There were six of us. We had to fill out another application packet which was pointless because we had all filled them out online upon applying! Anyways, that took a good portion of time, waiting for everyone to complete filling out their information. Next, individually we answered interview questions (each of us took turns going first). I didn't mind the group interview style, but it was obvious that people were getting ideas from the people before them.

After the four interview questions, the manager went on a "rant" about Kohl's cards, basically advertising to us. It felt very forced and uncomfortable and outright unprofessional, especially because he went on about it for a good 15-20 minutes. I didn't come to an interview at Kohl's to buy a credit card... This turned me off instantly and at that point I wanted to leave. The whole interview was money orientated, telling us how employees have a 15% discount and how you can stack Kohl's discounts to save BIG. How easy it was to open a Kohl's card...how you can open the card, buy, save and pay the credit off the same day!! I wasn't buying it. We weren't treated as potential employees.. We were just more customers to advertise to to meet the quota. Great sales pitch... We'll pay you $7.45 an hour so you spend your hard earned cash on our overpriced products, using our credit card so we earn interest!

Other than that whole ordeal, I thought the interview was decent. The managers and other employees seemed nice. Overall, the interview lasted a little over an hour.

They emphasized the references, in the sense that you are required to have two and they were going to call them.

After the horrible impression at the interview, thinking it over that night and telling my S.O. about the experience, I decided I would rather not work for a company whose values/mission I disagree with. The next day, I called the store saying I wasn't interested (I didn't want them bothering my references for a job I wasn't passionate about).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2014.

I filled out a application through SnagAJob.com .I started calling everyday and asking for the manager but he was so hard to find.I finally got a hold of him after a few weeks.He told me to come in at 3:00 P.M the next day.I came in early at 2:30 P.M and he didn't come in till 5:15 P.M that day.So I had waited all that time that day dedicated to get a job. When he finally got there he asked me questions and told me he was going to hire me,He lied!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2014.

It was a group interview there were eight of us and they ended up choosing three. If you have previous experience you are more likely to be chosen. All questions were about previous experience with customers. You can share personal experience but work experience is better.