Kohl's Loss Prevention Officer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.5

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Extremely easy. If you can talk and have some experience in LE or loss prevention, you're set. My interviewer surprisingly called my referrals. My interview was under 30 minutes. If you can/need to, just ask a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• Like I said, if you have the experience, it isn't difficult.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Miami, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and send the manager my resume though email got a call that following morning and asked to come in for the interview the same day! The interview took about an hour with the loss prevention supervisor and loss prevention manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Went easy was looking for around that offer I accepted!

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

Interview

It was simple and quick. Interviewed with the DLPM and then with the store manager, started within a week. They asked pretty "normal" interview questions. Asked about my background in the field and what experience I have. What skills I have that will relate to the job. Also, they asked how long I was planning on staying with Kohl's.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any loss prevention experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Greensboro, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted less than a week later for an interview. I interviewed with the DLPM which lasted about 30 mins. I had to fill out more application stuff afterward. I then had an interview with the store manager the next day. I don't think that happens much, I was the only canadiate that they interviewed and I like to think that I made an impression. At that point I was pretty sure I had the job. I finished my interview with the manager and I was signed up for a drug test. Officially was offered the job and started a week after being contacted and a week and a half after applying.

Interview Questions

• How do you create professional relationships? Never got that one before. The DLPM asked how I would show how important associate awareness and training was to a manager who wasn't as enthusiastic about loss prevention? What am I motivated by in the morning when I wake up?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The DLPM called me and the salary range was $9-$12 and we negotiated based on my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Albany, GA).

Interview

Began with a telephone interview from the DLPM, and then with the local store asst. manager and manager. All in all it took about two hours. The interviews seem to go well, but I have not been contacted either way (even though there were only 5 candidtaes). This seems to be the new way: a blatant disrespect to people. Simple call or email just to say thanks, but no thanks would be appreciated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Menomonee Falls, WI).

Interview

The interview was nice. They offered a beverage during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

LP Supervisor interview then LP District manager interview

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, nothing unexpected   1 Answer

Negotiation

What do you expect to be paid, this what we can offer.

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Nashua, NH) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview: Fairly straight-forward, basic questions. Answer accordingly and I got a second interview. This was with DLPM. Fairly straight-forward again. Why this job? Where'd you see the ad? Why do you feel fit for the job? DLPM talked a lot about company and gave explanation of the work expected. Got a call one week later with job proposal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (San Bernardino, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied online for, full-time permanent employment, and was called within two days and told to come for an interview the next afternoon. It was the day before Thanksgiving so they were in a rush and only offered one of two time slots. I arrived for the interview 30 minutes early, and was told to wait to be called. My interviewer came out with my resume and took me into a room. He went through the entire resume and asked several questions about my previous experience and why I wanted to work for Kohl's. About 40 minutes into the interview he decided to tell me that I was actually interviewing for part-time temporary employment, and that there was no real possibility of being hired on as a permanent employee. We both decided that the commitment to relocate was not worth a job that would only last 2 months.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for Kohl's?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's in July 2007.

Interview

Getting the job was easy, normal interview, I had good references and a good prior work history. The pay is one of the worst in the loss prevention industry. I was hired on at $11, proved to be the best LPO in the district and region and was promoted to supervisor of the loss prevention department. Rather than getting promoted to the rate we had discussed (15-16 per hour), I was promoted to 13.25 and told they couldn't get anything higher due to budget cuts... All of the other supervisors who had been hired on prior to this district manager were already in the 15-16 range and I outperformed them in terms of catching shoplifters

Interview Questions

• Man walks into the store with an empty backpack. He grabs several items and you lose sight of him. The next time you see him he is exiting the store with a bulging backpack and the cashiers say he didn't ever make a purchase, what do you do?   8 Answers