Kohl's Loss Prevention Officer Interview Questions

2.9

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2013.

I applied online. I was contacted less than a week later for an interview. I interviewed with the DLPM which lasted about 30 mins. I had to fill out more application stuff afterward. I then had an interview with the store manager the next day. I don't think that happens much, I was the only canadiate that they interviewed and I like to think that I made an impression.

At that point I was pretty sure I had the job. I finished my interview with the manager and I was signed up for a drug test. Officially was offered the job and started a week after being contacted and a week and a half after applying.

Interview Questions
  • How do you create professional relationships? Never got that one before. The DLPM asked how I would show how important associate awareness and training was to a manager who wasn't as enthusiastic about loss prevention? What am I motivated by in the morning when I wake up?   Answer Question
The DLPM called me and the salary range was $9-$12 and we negotiated based on my experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Began with a telephone interview from the DLPM, and then with the local store asst. manager and manager. All in all it took about two hours. The interviews seem to go well, but I have not been contacted either way (even though there were only 5 candidtaes). This seems to be the new way: a blatant disrespect to people. Simple call or email just to say thanks, but no thanks would be appreciated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

The interview was nice. They offered a beverage during the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

LP Supervisor interview then LP District manager interview

Interview Questions
    What do you expect to be paid, this what we can offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in July 2012.

Interview: Fairly straight-forward, basic questions. Answer accordingly and I got a second interview. This was with DLPM. Fairly straight-forward again. Why this job? Where'd you see the ad? Why do you feel fit for the job?
    DLPM talked a lot about company and gave explanation of the work expected. Got a call one week later with job proposal.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2010.

I applied online for, full-time permanent employment, and was called within two days and told to come for an interview the next afternoon. It was the day before Thanksgiving so they were in a rush and only offered one of two time slots. I arrived for the interview 30 minutes early, and was told to wait to be called. My interviewer came out with my resume and took me into a room. He went through the entire resume and asked several questions about my previous experience and why I wanted to work for Kohl's. About 40 minutes into the interview he decided to tell me that I was actually interviewing for part-time temporary employment, and that there was no real possibility of being hired on as a permanent employee. We both decided that the commitment to relocate was not worth a job that would only last 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to work for Kohl's?   View Answer

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in July 2007.

Getting the job was easy, normal interview, I had good references and a good prior work history. The pay is one of the worst in the loss prevention industry. I was hired on at $11, proved to be the best LPO in the district and region and was promoted to supervisor of the loss prevention department. Rather than getting promoted to the rate we had discussed (15-16 per hour), I was promoted to 13.25 and told they couldn't get anything higher due to budget cuts... All of the other supervisors who had been hired on prior to this district manager were already in the 15-16 range and I outperformed them in terms of catching shoplifters

Interview Questions
    • Man walks into the store with an empty backpack. He grabs several items and you lose sight of him. The next time you see him he is exiting the store with a bulging backpack and the cashiers say he didn't ever make a purchase, what do you do?   View Answers (8)

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in February 2012.

Pretty simple interview, standard "tell me about a time when" questions, Why Kohls, Strengths/Weaknesses. Interview was going well until they asked if I had ever had a bad stop. I had one, and i believe that is why I wasnt given another interview.

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2009.

There was about 15 us, in the interview. They asked us a sweries of questions. Ranging from what would you do if you saw an employee stealing to how do you feel about signing up customers for credit cards. It was a pretty easy interview however i didnt get offered a job. I was dissapointed but learned from it

Interview Questions
    • What would do you if you saw employee srealing   View Answer

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2009.

The interview process was rathe rlong and intense but in this field it needs to be. I was aware of what I had to do to get the position and it was worth it. The interview was like any other it consisted of a one on one and then a phone interview then a drug test.