Kohl's Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Jan 7, 2015
Updated Jan 7, 2015

2.6

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Denver, CO).

Interview

Phone interview- was rather brief and to the point. Nothing out of the ordinary. Your basic questions of; "Why this company? Greatest strengths and weaknesses.." ect. As long as you are qualified, honest, and respectful...you should receive at the very least a follow-up interview.

Salary requirements not met.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Bristol, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online. HR called almost immediately after I applied scheduling my interview for 3 days later. I show up at my assigned time, waited, only to have HR come out and tell that it was filled by someone coming back from a leave of absence but to keep checking the website anyway! Seriously, not even a phone call! Never again. NO compassion for applicants

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Standard interview questions. They read down a list. Where do you see yourself in 5 years, what is your greatest strength/weakness. If they talk to you like a human, and then go, "oh yea I have to read these standard questions", it is probably going well. Be on time and know the company, ask good questions that are open ended. You want the interviewer to talk, talk, talk.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with [insert difficult situation here].?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offered an amount, but since the hiring manager had already told me I was the best out of all the choices I knew I could ask for more. They had to approve it and I got the number. This is corporate they have to approve everything at a higher level. Just ask, if they can't they will tell you. Make them try, if they offer the job they probably do not have anyone else.

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2012.

Interview

I had about six months of loss prevention experience and a year and a half of supervisory experience. I was hired two weeks before Black Friday, and I believe that this is the only reason I got the job. My boss, the district loss prevention manager, had me do a phone interview that lasted about five minutes long. All he asked me was about my previous work experience and if I knew how to do exception reports and investigate internals. He hired me right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. He seemed to be in a rush and just needed someone to start ASAP for the holidays.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am not good at negotiating, so I didn't even try. I know I probably could have gotten a higher pay rate if I tried, so I would say just ask.

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Charlotte, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

I sent my resume via email to the District Loss Prevention Manager, and approximately a week later I receive a call to set up an interview. Originally the interview was to be set up at the store that I was interested in working but because I was still employed the DLPM was very helpful in setting up the interview at his office. I went into the interview with another copy of the resume that I had already sent him out of courtesy. At the end of the interview He gave me paperwork to complete a drug test, and said that after I completed the drug test he would get back with me within the week. A week later I received a call from the DLPM offering me the Loss Prevention Supervisor position that I had interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question asked was had I ever made a non productive stop, for every LP this is a difficult thing to talk about.   3 Answers

Negotiation

Since it was my first LP supervisor position I played it safe and took the first offer, if I had more experience than just loss prevention associate/ officer I would have negotiated a high rate of pay but probably only by a couple dollars considering the rate of pay is decent.

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied Online. Interview with the DLPM a few weeks later after exchanging emails. Nothing too out of the ordinary in the interview. Experience, Education, Accomplishments, Goals. A week later I met with the Store Manager and it was more of a formality since the DLPM had the final say. Was offered a job a week later.

Interview Questions

• What programs could you implement here to reduce shortage.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Extended offer, based off experience. Accepted first offer since it was in my asking range.

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in February 2011.

Interview

The interview is a two part process in which you meet first with the District Loss prevention manager where they inquire and question about your work experience. This is too see if you know the business and how you worked with you present or former manager. If successful you will meet with the proposed location store manager for an interview for compatablity sake, since this will be a work partner at the location. Store manager interview is very important since this person and the other two or three managers will be your life line. They will help you be successful in the job create good working relationship with them and help them as much as you can and they will help you in return.

Interview Questions

• Which is more important a person walking out with $20 pair of earrings or an associate marking out the $5,000 in tee shirts the wrong way?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Wichita Falls, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was to go in the store and meet with the store manager for a one on one interview. She then referred me to the District Loss Prevention Manager who set up a phone interview with me and then a one on one interview which took approximately one hour. A job offer was made during the one on one interview by the DLPM.

Interview Questions

• How would you accept store manager pushback on a loss prevention issue which she has no authority over.   1 Answer
    • What do you do when you want to implement a loss prevention strategy but your store manager isn't supportive?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but it wasn't a large negotiation, he offered 14 to start out and I asked for 15 and he accepted, but I had extensive law enforcement experience.

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Tustin, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

they called back after applying within reasonable amount of time. They had a phone interview first and then they called a couple days later for one on one and they then offered me a officer position when i applied for supervisor position and they offered $10 which i laughed at!

Interview Questions

• tell about an experience where you went against the norm   Answer Question

money

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

3 separate interviews. 1 with store manager, a loss prevention supervisor, and a loss prevention district manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, they just ask questions off interview guide and note your response.   Answer Question