Kohl's

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bristol, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. HR called almost immediately after I applied scheduling my interview for 3 days later. I show up at my assigned time, waited, only to have HR come out and tell that it was filled by someone coming back from a leave of absence but to keep checking the website anyway! Seriously, not even a phone call! Never again. NO compassion for applicants

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied Online. Interview with the DLPM a few weeks later after exchanging emails. Nothing too out of the ordinary in the interview. Experience, Education, Accomplishments, Goals. A week later I met with the Store Manager and it was more of a formality since the DLPM had the final say. Was offered a job a week later.

Interview Question – What programs could you implement here to reduce shortage.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Extended offer, based off experience. Accepted first offer since it was in my asking range.

Very Easy Interview

Loss Prevention Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had about six months of loss prevention experience and a year and a half of supervisory experience. I was hired two weeks before Black Friday, and I believe that this is the only reason I got the job. My boss, the district loss prevention manager, had me do a phone interview that lasted about five minutes long. All he asked me was about my previous work experience and if I knew how to do exception reports and investigate internals. He hired me right on the spot.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. He seemed to be in a rush and just needed someone to start ASAP for the holidays.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I am not good at negotiating, so I didn't even try. I know I probably could have gotten a higher pay rate if I tried, so I would say just ask.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loss Prevention Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Standard interview questions. They read down a list. Where do you see yourself in 5 years, what is your greatest strength/weakness. If they talk to you like a human, and then go, "oh yea I have to read these standard questions", it is probably going well. Be on time and know the company, ask good questions that are open ended. You want the interviewer to talk, talk, talk.

Interview Question – How did you deal with [insert difficult situation here].?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offered an amount, but since the hiring manager had already told me I was the best out of all the choices I knew I could ask for more. They had to approve it and I got the number. This is corporate they have to approve everything at a higher level. Just ask, if they can't they will tell you. Make them try, if they offer the job they probably do not have anyone else.

Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2012.

Interview Details – I sent my resume via email to the District Loss Prevention Manager, and approximately a week later I receive a call to set up an interview. Originally the interview was to be set up at the store that I was interested in working but because I was still employed the DLPM was very helpful in setting up the interview at his office. I went into the interview with another copy of the resume that I had already sent him out of courtesy. At the end of the interview He gave me paperwork to complete a drug test, and said that after I completed the drug test he would get back with me within the week. A week later I received a call from the DLPM offering me the Loss Prevention Supervisor position that I had interviewed for.

Interview Question – The most difficult question asked was had I ever made a non productive stop, for every LP this is a difficult thing to talk about.   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – Since it was my first LP supervisor position I played it safe and took the first offer, if I had more experience than just loss prevention associate/ officer I would have negotiated a high rate of pay but probably only by a couple dollars considering the rate of pay is decent.

Very Easy Interview

Wichita Falls, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was to go in the store and meet with the store manager for a one on one interview. She then referred me to the District Loss Prevention Manager who set up a phone interview with me and then a one on one interview which took approximately one hour. A job offer was made during the one on one interview by the DLPM.

Interview Questions

• How would you accept store manager pushback on a loss prevention issue which she has no authority over.   View Answer
  • What do you do when you want to implement a loss prevention strategy but your store manager isn't supportive?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but it wasn't a large negotiation, he offered 14 to start out and I asked for 15 and he accepted, but I had extensive law enforcement experience.

Tustin, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in March 2009.

Interview Details – they called back after applying within reasonable amount of time. They had a phone interview first and then they called a couple days later for one on one and they then offered me a officer position when i applied for supervisor position and they offered $10 which i laughed at!

Interview Question – tell about an experience where you went against the norm   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – money

Loss Prevention Supervisor

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – 3 separate interviews. 1 with store manager, a loss prevention supervisor, and a loss prevention district manager.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, they just ask questions off interview guide and note your response.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Supervisor

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in February 2008.

Interview Details – Was contacted via on the phone had brief interview then the following week had a panel interview with a LPM and DLPM. The next was contacted and had an interview with the store manager. After two days later I was contacted and had a phone interview with the Regional Loss Prevention Manager. An hour later was offered the job.

Interview Question – What in your opinion as a consumer is the reason why you would visit our store?   View Answer

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!