Kohl's

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

MIT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Applied at University's career fair. Offered interview a few days later and met with a local Kohl's manager. Made it to second round interviews and met with two distract managers and did a group case study with three others.

Interview Question – Name a time you were a role model   Answer Question

MIT

Interview Details – Met with recruiters at my college career fair and was offered an on-campus. It lasted roughly 30 minutes and was a 2-on-1. The interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to. Got asked to another 2-on-1 interview but it was very short. I did not get a job offer.

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2010.

Interview Details – My interview was a campus interview at UW Seattle. I applied through through the online college jobsite and was picked for an interview. The interview was 30 minutes, and was very comfortable and relaxed. The interviewer was extremely friendly and easy to talk to. The questions constisted mostly of "What would you do if..." and providing examples of how you handled certain situations. The position seemed very attractive for the fact that it was good pay, flexible hours and a decent training program. The work culture seemed very positive and seemed to emphasize employee recognition. The con was that there was only one Kohl's store in my area and there was no guarantee I would be placed in that store after my training period. Another con was that I would most likely be training 50 miles away from my residence for 12 weeks. I was called back for a second interview with the district manager, but the location was 2 hours away and I felt it just wasn't worth it to pursue a position where I most likely would have to relocate or commute long distances. So I declined the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake and how you handled it.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you were in a conflict situation and turned it into a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wanted to look for opportunities closer to home.

MIT

The process took 7 months - interviewed at Kohl's in March 2010.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews followed with a face to face with the DM. Very professional setting.

Interview Questions

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!