Kohl's MMJ Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on the first of the month, and then got a call for an interview roughly a week and a half later. I had to wait to interview because the store manager was out of town. Because I used Snagajob, I had to fill out a paper application once I got to the store. My recommendation would be to apply on paper in the first place. Overall, the interview was really quick and painless. I had a 1 on 1 interview with simple questions. It seemed like the person interviewing me was rating me on a form as I answered the questions. After that, I had to sign some paperwork for a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on "the customer is always right?"   Answer Question
  • What would you do if someone asked you a question that was outside your department?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a situation where you went above and beyond expectations in the workplace.   Answer Question
  • Why Kohl's?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process was really fast and easy. I interviewed with just one person. They ask the general leadership type questions. They also had a great deal of focus on team work. The interview didn't last more than 30 minutes and I received a response the day after my interview.

MMJ Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Went for an interview which was very quick and easy~met with a manager and supervisor of the department~really easy questions

Interview Questions

• Give us a time that you had to work in a team and what did you do, how did you do it, and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Offer of starting pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied for the job through snagajob.com one night. I got a call the very next morning and was asked to come in that same day for a group interview. There were about 7 of us in the group and we were interviewed by the manager and assistant manager. They were both very nice and outgoing. First they had us fill out some paperwork. Then they asked each of us which position we were interested in working in. They asked fairly easy questions. They would ask one person the question directly and then ask if anyone else wanted to answer the question afterwards (TIP: Try to answer as many of the questions as possible!!). After that they explained a little more about what they expect from their employees and told us they would contact us soon if we got the job. I got a call back the very next day with a job offer!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied in october of 2011 and they called back less than a week and gave me dates on which day would I be available to have a interview on, after the interview the hiring manager called and told me to come in to fill out paper work for the background check..two days later he called back and told me that thrre gonna hire me and told me which department I'll be working in which was MJM.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of good costumer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a great job in the beginning but then it turned out kind of shakey for me because the managers were showing favoritism and giving out certain amount if hours to who they wanted to but claiming that the computer was doing it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in League City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (League City, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

With kohl's, I had two interviews. The first interview was with the store manager. She asked me my skills, recent places I worked and the positions I held. She also asked me what type of hours I was looking to work. I did well with the interview, but she wanted the assistant store manager to go over an interview with me also. So, the following day I interviewed with the assistant and was called the next day for an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• What have you done at one of your previous jobs that went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sonora, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Sonora, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Interview process was really easy. It was a group interview. They asked 3 easy questions and went around the room to let everyone answer. It was clear they weren't looking for anything special.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. A 5 year old could have interviewed for this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Wage was pre-set and unfortunately I needed a job.