Kohl's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Event Execution Specialist Interview

Event Execution Specialist
Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through a recruiter and heard back about an interview a month later. I had an interview in the morning at HQ with three different people in separate interviews. By the end of the day I had an offer.

Interview Questions

Buying Office Intern Interview

Buying Office Intern
Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Interview for internship opportunity was overwhelming.

Interview Question – You are looking at a brick wall: which brick are you?   Answer Question

Project Leader Interview

Project Leader
Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2010.

Interview Details – Had one on-site interview

Interview Question – How to deal with difficult people.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – It was a long process, with long periods of time without communication. In total, it took over 2 months. There was a phone interview, 3 hour in-person interview and a final 3 hour in-person interview. They consistently pointed out that I didn't have retail experience, yet I ended up getting the job in the end.

Interview Question – Why are you the best person for the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate salary.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Business Analyst Intern
Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview that had very basic questions inquiring about my background and experiences. Then about a week later recieved a call requesting that I travel to Menomonee (at their expense), to interview in person. Had 3 one-on-one interviews that were about 15-20 minutes each and very informal. Then had a group interview with 4 other candidates. The group interview was not challenging at all, and once again very informal. You can tell they are looking for the "fit" with the culture, as opposed to the smartest person in the room which certainly helps the social culture of the headquarters be that much better.

Interview Question – Tell me about the time when you were most disappointed in yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable, but very competitive offer.

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Interview Details – There are three 30 minute interviews with the IT department. The interview process was very easy they ask you about 18 situational questions. The questions all revolve around your experiences and how well you work in teams. They are looking for people who work well in teams and are able to work with people they may not get along with. They do not ask any technical questions and they will tell you that up front.

I was shocked at how quickly they got back to me with an offer. I interviewed on Monday and Tuesday morning I received a call with the offer.

Interview Question – Make sure you have lots of examples of how you worked in groups. The question I was not prepared for was " Give a situation in which you used a theory to develop a solution and then how did they situation turn out."   View Answer

Merchandise Specialist Interview

Merchandise Specialist
Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2012.

Interview Details – There was a large group of people but we interviewed individually with two different merchandise buyers. We also had time to speak with someone in the current role we were interviewing for to ask any questions we may have.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty standard retail questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2012.

Interview Details – A series of interviews. First a phone interview with an emphasis on behavioral questions and sales situations. Next is an in person interview at the facility. First you meet with HR and they ask similar questions to the phone interview. Afterwards, the have you listen to a few calls and meet the supervisors. One of more of the supervisors then ask you more detailed questions, lots of "Tell me about a time when . . . "

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you failed to sell an item"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase, pay is based on experience and is confidential.

Collections Representative II Interview

Collections Representative II
Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – There is one interview but you will interview with 3 managers. You will interview with one HR person, a collections manager and the department manager. They will ask you things like sell me this pen or how do you handle a client yelling at you. Its not difficult at all. Just be yourself. They will train you how you should be on the phones.

Interview Question – There was no real difficult questions. But, if they like you, you will be drug tested right away. they have their own medical clinic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate with them. They offered me a good salary and I took it.

Web Merchandise Presentation Specialist Interview

Web Merchandise Presentation Specialist
Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – I got hired on as a temp through a staffing agency for a 3 month contract. The interview process was very fast. I got a call to do a phone screening on a Wednesday, got asked to come in for in-person interviews on that Friday and was offered the position on Saturday via phone call. I interviewed with three people from the team for around 20 minutes each. I started the next week. I am sure the rapidity of the process was because it was for a temp position. Many associates at the corporate office start as temps before they become permanent.

Interview Question – What are you looking for in this temp position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For a temp position there wasn't any negotiation. I did get contacted by two different staffing agencies for the same position and one paid a dollar more and hour than the other so of course I went with the higher amount.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!