Kohl's

2.8

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

After getting in touch with a recruiter, she set up an interview day where I met with 3 design managers and 2 senior designers to see which department I would best fit in. It was a very casual, fun interview. You can tell that everyone who works there, loves being there which was nice to see. I chatted with all the designers and went through my portfolio with them; very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any hard questions; it was a very casual interview.   Answer Question

I was offered a position to work for another company.

Merchant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

I applies online and spoke with a recruiter over the phone. I was invited to a 2 day event in Milwaukee a few weeks later. It included a very casual networking dinner the night before and the interviews the following morning at corporate. There were three 1:1 interviews with various managers in the buying offices and then a group interview later in the day. They also gave a tour of the corporate office.

Interview Questions
    • Group project/presentation: Should Kohl's go international and offer shipping to other countries? You have 20 minutes to work with a group of other candidates as 3 interviewers observe your interaction.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interviewed with 3 HR Associates, followed by 2 Assistant Product Managers and lastly the Product Manager on a Friday. I received a call on Saturday with the offer. Process was smooth and speedy.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions related to strengths, weaknesses, example of a work obstacle and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    Offer was very competitive with room for negotiation.

Event Execution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

I applied online through a recruiter and heard back about an interview a month later. I had an interview in the morning at HQ with three different people in separate interviews. By the end of the day I had an offer.

Buying Office Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview for internship opportunity was overwhelming.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohl's.

It was a long process, with long periods of time without communication. In total, it took over 2 months. There was a phone interview, 3 hour in-person interview and a final 3 hour in-person interview. They consistently pointed out that I didn't have retail experience, yet I ended up getting the job in the end.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate salary.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

There are three 30 minute interviews with the IT department. The interview process was very easy they ask you about 18 situational questions. The questions all revolve around your experiences and how well you work in teams. They are looking for people who work well in teams and are able to work with people they may not get along with. They do not ask any technical questions and they will tell you that up front.

I was shocked at how quickly they got back to me with an offer. I interviewed on Monday and Tuesday morning I received a call with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you have lots of examples of how you worked in groups. The question I was not prepared for was " Give a situation in which you used a theory to develop a solution and then how did they situation turn out."   View Answer

Collections Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

There is one interview but you will interview with 3 managers. You will interview with one HR person, a collections manager and the department manager. They will ask you things like sell me this pen or how do you handle a client yelling at you. Its not difficult at all. Just be yourself. They will train you how you should be on the phones.

Interview Questions
    • There was no real difficult questions. But, if they like you, you will be drug tested right away. they have their own medical clinic.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate with them. They offered me a good salary and I took it.

Web Merchandise Presentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

I got hired on as a temp through a staffing agency for a 3 month contract. The interview process was very fast. I got a call to do a phone screening on a Wednesday, got asked to come in for in-person interviews on that Friday and was offered the position on Saturday via phone call. I interviewed with three people from the team for around 20 minutes each. I started the next week. I am sure the rapidity of the process was because it was for a temp position. Many associates at the corporate office start as temps before they become permanent.

Interview Questions
    For a temp position there wasn't any negotiation. I did get contacted by two different staffing agencies for the same position and one paid a dollar more and hour than the other so of course I went with the higher amount.

Merchandise Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in March 2013.

Two rounds of interviews. First round was on-campus and was relatively simple. They only asked standard situational questions. The final round was at Kohl's headquarters. They were very nice and arranged for hotel rooms and different events for prospective candidates. The actual interview consisted of 3 one-on-one interviews and group interview.

Interview Questions
    • If there was one thing you could change about Kohl's what would it be?   Answer Question