Kohl's

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Met with a recruiter at my college career fair. Received an initial on campus interview. The interview was fairly straight forward. There was a case question that you receive 10 minutes before the interview that you just go over with the interviewer and then then questions were fairly behavioral. Got asked to interview at their final round at the Milwaukee headquarters. The final round consists of 3 one on one interviews and then a group case interview.

Interview Questions
  • Name one time you dealt with a manager you did not get one with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

On campus interview, followed by a final round at company headquarters. Process took about a week. Group interview at final interview day seemed to carry a lot of weight. Given a case study at campus interview and then most behavioral and fit questions. Did not feel that anything was too technical they just want to get a feel for the applicants thought process.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you would change about a Kohl's store?   Answer Question

Retail just not my preferred area for my career.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I was referred by a current employee of Kohl's. I received an email from the recruiter with a link to a video interview. You have 7 days to complete the interview. The video interview had 5 questions that you record yourself answering. After that you go to Milwaukee for two days of in-person interview and then they extend offers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in retail at Kohl's?
      What makes a good team?
      What are some of your favorite jobs?
      What's an example of when you've been analytical with finances?
      Describe the characteristics of your favorite mentor or manager.
        Answer Question

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

The process started with on campus recruiting at the career fair. There was then a 30 minute interview, which was pretty laid back and conversational. After this there was a final round interview at corporate in Milwaukee, Wisconsin that consisted of three one on one interviews that lasted 30 minutes and a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • If Kohl's were to bring in a new celebrity collaboration/ brand who would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

Met with recruiter on campus and submitted my resume. Week later got in invite to schedule an on campus interview. Waited 3 weeks to get invited for final round interview at corporate.Prior to showing up for the final round you have to take a math skills test. They put you up in a pretty sweet hotel all meals are included and there is a presentation the night before the long day of interviews. On final rounds of interviews they split people into two large groups. One group gets broken down into sub groups and begin the interviewing process. ( 1 group interview with a case study that you present to the panel, 3 one-on-one interviews). The other group gets broken up into sub groups and gets tours of the building and various offices then the groups switch.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation accepted the offer. Comes with a great signing bonus

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

First round was campus interviews with multiple representatives. Interviews were mostly behavioral, but interviewers seemed to look for interviews tailored around the retail industry. Next round was three individual interviews followed by a group interview to assess ones ability to work in a group. This round took place at Kohl's corporate headquarters in Menomonee Falls.

Interview Questions
    • Group interview where interviewees were asked to analyze a proposal to an incremental product line and defend the decision made   Answer Question
    First job out of college so did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2012.

Interviewed during college recruitment fair then was flown to headquarters for final interviews

No room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in December 2011.

I went to their booth at my career fair, dropped off my resume, and submitted one online. I was invited to schedule an on campus interview. For the first round interview, it was with a buyer in brick and mortar. I felt like I did very well in the interview, but did not get a positive open vibe from the interviewer because the person was not in HR and did not know how to screen properly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficulty with a team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2009.

First round interview was done over the phone because they did not recruit at my college. I had contacted the recruiter by networking with other business contacts I had. They flew me into Milwaukee for the second, final round interview. There was a full day that included testing, group interview, and three individual interviews with different managers.

Interview Questions
    • The group interview included two other candidates for the position. They had us all sit on one side of the table and asked us to create a merchandising plan for a new homecoming dress line for the Juniors department. We had to collaborate and give a short presentation while they watched us work together.   Answer Question
    The contract was not negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2009.

Bid for an on campus interview. Got campus interview. Was accepted for second rounds. They flew me to headquarters for a weekend. Had dinner the first night- 7 students interviewing to 1 Kohl's employee per table. Second day was a number of presentations with 3 or 4 one on one interviews with employees of varying levels in the hierarchy.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I just took the offer they gave me.