Kohl's

Updated Jan 7, 2015

3.1

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Applied on company website, received an invitation to do an Hire Vue interview about ten minutes later. Was invited to Menomonee Falls corporate HQ for the final round. Immediately evident that they do this process multiple times for the same training class. Interview day consists of presentations by the company and three one on one interviews lasting 20 minutes each. Interviewers are good cop, bad cop and some what bad cop. Then they have you work in an group of people to come up with an strategy for an fictional situation to watch how you work in an group. Not enough time given to discuss each point let alone gather thoughts and come up with an strategy. Large amount of people flown in for very few jobs. Nice recruiters and presenters but it seems as if though there is movement in and out of the company quite quickly.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about an time that you had to analyze data for an project and what you learned from it?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in December 2014.

I initially applied online for the MAT program and had an internal employee refer me as well. I was invited to do an online interview which was pre-recorded questions. I was given 30 seconds after asked the question to answer the question while being recorded via web cam. Why do you want to join Kohl's, What are qualities in a mentor/boss you admire, a question about teamwork...I think there were 4 questions. I was then invited to an on-site final interview. There was a networking/dinner with candidates and then the following morning was the final interviews. I met with three different people for about 20 mins each and then there was a group situation where we were presented with a situation and asked to give a recommendation (About shipping internationally). Kohl's did an awesome job running the whole process, very impressive and professional.

Interview Questions
    • The group scenario--It's not so much the response they are looking for but how you interact in the group.   Answer Question

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Met with a recruiter at my college career fair. Received an initial on campus interview. The interview was fairly straight forward. There was a case question that you receive 10 minutes before the interview that you just go over with the interviewer and then then questions were fairly behavioral. Got asked to interview at their final round at the Milwaukee headquarters. The final round consists of 3 one on one interviews and then a group case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name one time you dealt with a manager you did not get one with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

On campus interview, followed by a final round at company headquarters. Process took about a week. Group interview at final interview day seemed to carry a lot of weight. Given a case study at campus interview and then most behavioral and fit questions. Did not feel that anything was too technical they just want to get a feel for the applicants thought process.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you would change about a Kohl's store?   Answer Question

Retail just not my preferred area for my career.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I was referred by a current employee of Kohl's. I received an email from the recruiter with a link to a video interview. You have 7 days to complete the interview. The video interview had 5 questions that you record yourself answering. After that you go to Milwaukee for two days of in-person interview and then they extend offers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in retail at Kohl's?
      What makes a good team?
      What are some of your favorite jobs?
      What's an example of when you've been analytical with finances?
      Describe the characteristics of your favorite mentor or manager.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I was connected with a recruiter and completed an online video interview. The second round of interviews was held at their corporate office outside of Milwaukee and consisted of a group dinner, tour of the offices, and presentations on the company. The interview process consisted of three 1:1 interviews as well as a group interview. I enjoyed the entire experience and was impressed with how much goes into their internship program. Our travel, hotel, and food expenses were covered. The three 1:1 interviews consisted of basic behavioral questions and felt as if the interviewers were genuinely trying to get to know me. In the group interview we were given a business situation that we had to analyze and present a solution within 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions. How would you deal with a difficult team member?   Answer Question
    Non negotiable

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

The process started with on campus recruiting at the career fair. There was then a 30 minute interview, which was pretty laid back and conversational. After this there was a final round interview at corporate in Milwaukee, Wisconsin that consisted of three one on one interviews that lasted 30 minutes and a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • If Kohl's were to bring in a new celebrity collaboration/ brand who would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

Met with recruiter on campus and submitted my resume. Week later got in invite to schedule an on campus interview. Waited 3 weeks to get invited for final round interview at corporate.Prior to showing up for the final round you have to take a math skills test. They put you up in a pretty sweet hotel all meals are included and there is a presentation the night before the long day of interviews. On final rounds of interviews they split people into two large groups. One group gets broken down into sub groups and begin the interviewing process. ( 1 group interview with a case study that you present to the panel, 3 one-on-one interviews). The other group gets broken up into sub groups and gets tours of the building and various offices then the groups switch.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation accepted the offer. Comes with a great signing bonus

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

First round was campus interviews with multiple representatives. Interviews were mostly behavioral, but interviewers seemed to look for interviews tailored around the retail industry. Next round was three individual interviews followed by a group interview to assess ones ability to work in a group. This round took place at Kohl's corporate headquarters in Menomonee Falls.

Interview Questions
    • Group interview where interviewees were asked to analyze a proposal to an incremental product line and defend the decision made   Answer Question
    First job out of college so did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2012.

Interviewed during college recruitment fair then was flown to headquarters for final interviews

No room for negotiation