Kohl's Merchandise Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014

3.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

On campus interview, followed by a final round at company headquarters. Process took about a week. Group interview at final interview day seemed to carry a lot of weight. Given a case study at campus interview and then most behavioral and fit questions. Did not feel that anything was too technical they just want to get a feel for the applicants thought process.

Interview Questions
  • What is one thing you would change about a Kohl's store?   Answer Question

Retail just not my preferred area for my career.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I was referred by a current employee of Kohl's. I received an email from the recruiter with a link to a video interview. You have 7 days to complete the interview. The video interview had 5 questions that you record yourself answering. After that you go to Milwaukee for two days of in-person interview and then they extend offers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in retail at Kohl's?
      What makes a good team?
      What are some of your favorite jobs?
      What's an example of when you've been analytical with finances?
      Describe the characteristics of your favorite mentor or manager.
        Answer Question

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

Met with recruiter on campus and submitted my resume. Week later got in invite to schedule an on campus interview. Waited 3 weeks to get invited for final round interview at corporate.Prior to showing up for the final round you have to take a math skills test. They put you up in a pretty sweet hotel all meals are included and there is a presentation the night before the long day of interviews. On final rounds of interviews they split people into two large groups. One group gets broken down into sub groups and begin the interviewing process. ( 1 group interview with a case study that you present to the panel, 3 one-on-one interviews). The other group gets broken up into sub groups and gets tours of the building and various offices then the groups switch.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation accepted the offer. Comes with a great signing bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2012.

Interviewed during college recruitment fair then was flown to headquarters for final interviews

No room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in December 2011.

I went to their booth at my career fair, dropped off my resume, and submitted one online. I was invited to schedule an on campus interview. For the first round interview, it was with a buyer in brick and mortar. I felt like I did very well in the interview, but did not get a positive open vibe from the interviewer because the person was not in HR and did not know how to screen properly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficulty with a team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2009.

First round interview was done over the phone because they did not recruit at my college. I had contacted the recruiter by networking with other business contacts I had. They flew me into Milwaukee for the second, final round interview. There was a full day that included testing, group interview, and three individual interviews with different managers.

Interview Questions
    • The group interview included two other candidates for the position. They had us all sit on one side of the table and asked us to create a merchandising plan for a new homecoming dress line for the Juniors department. We had to collaborate and give a short presentation while they watched us work together.   Answer Question
    The contract was not negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2009.

Bid for an on campus interview. Got campus interview. Was accepted for second rounds. They flew me to headquarters for a weekend. Had dinner the first night- 7 students interviewing to 1 Kohl's employee per table. Second day was a number of presentations with 3 or 4 one on one interviews with employees of varying levels in the hierarchy.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I just took the offer they gave me.

Merchandising Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

I thought it was really odd that they gave interview dates before the information session. The woman giving the presentation showed a cheesy video about Kohls but didnt know basic things about the position like what computer systems are used or what a typical day is like. She said she didnt even like shopping at Kohls before working there and didnt like working with numbers or Excel untill settling into the position. How she got the job I cannot imagine!!

I thought the interview went well considering my 6 years of active army service, Excel VBA skills and exporing raw data from business intelligence systems, but on my way out of the interview she says "good luck with your other interviews". What the hell is wrong with these people!

Interview Questions
    • What was a conflicting experience in which you used your problem solving skills to overcome , what was the result and how were you able to validate your response?   View Answer

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I interviewed on campus, it was pretty basic. Just questions about you and your resume. Then they put on a big event when they fly you into Milwaukee, put you up at the Hilton, take you out to dinner, and the next day have a huge day of interviews. You have 3 one-on-one interviews and one group interview, there are also Q&A sessions, a tour, and a few meals. BIg ordeal

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you were analytical?   Answer Question

Merchandise Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in March 2012.

I spoke briefly with a rep at the career fair and handed them my resume. A week later I received an email to set up a 1:1 interview on campus. The 1:1 interview consisted on behavioral based questions. Really sell yourself if you are not a business major I am a political science major they mostly higher people form the business college or Econ majors. This position is team based and requires you to be a critical thinker. Two weeks after my 1:1 interview I was invited to the final round where I was invited to their HQs in WI which is amazing!! At the final round they pay for everything I was placed in a hotel with gas and food reimbursement. The first night there you are taken out to eat followed by presentations there was a total of 160 people at the final rounds. The second day was interview day which lasted from 7am-2pm. Interview day consisted of three 1:1 interviews and then a group interview that focused on team work and critical thinking and decision making. After the interviews you were given tours of the HQs, given lunch, and then there were company presentations. Two weeks after the final interview I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your decision making process when addressing a problem   Answer Question
    None. I accepted the offer