Kohl's

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandising

I applied in-person and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Applied in person with a paper application. A week later, asked to come in and fill out papers and hired on the spot.

Interview Question – None, there was no real interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cortlandt Manor, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – They called me on a Monday for an interview on tuesdayI had a group interview with 8 other people. They asked a series of normal retail and selling questions asked one person first then we went around and answered the questions

Interview Question – They had us grab a random object on the table and sell it. Which was very easy if you have any experience . Almost everyone had trouble answering the questions it was sad   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The made a low offer after telling me. That a manager job was opening in a month and they wanted to train me now then promote me.

Seekonk, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online through Snagajob.com. I got a call the next from the hiring manager who mentioned that website by name when calling about my application. She told me to come in tomorrow morning for an interview. I was with two other applicants during the interview process. The manager outlined all of our job descriptions, the store schedule, and had a few anecdotes about what it's like to work there. She really made it seem like the job is down to earth and that this store is a fun place to work.

Interview Question – They were all standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation in terms of pay, though I was able to pick which department(s) I wanted to work in.

Coconut Creek, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2008.

Interview Details – They asked of any prior fast paced work experience. How we would deal with situations. It's been a really long time, but just be cheerful and don't take forever to come up with an answer, and always find something to say. Good luck, Kohl's is pretty awesome...

Interview Question – What prior fast paced work experience do you have?   Answer Question

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!