Kohl's

2.8

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

After getting in touch with a recruiter, she set up an interview day where I met with 3 design managers and 2 senior designers to see which department I would best fit in. It was a very casual, fun interview. You can tell that everyone who works there, loves being there which was nice to see. I chatted with all the designers and went through my portfolio with them; very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any hard questions; it was a very casual interview.   Answer Question

I was offered a position to work for another company.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I was connected with a recruiter and completed an online video interview. The second round of interviews was held at their corporate office outside of Milwaukee and consisted of a group dinner, tour of the offices, and presentations on the company. The interview process consisted of three 1:1 interviews as well as a group interview. I enjoyed the entire experience and was impressed with how much goes into their internship program. Our travel, hotel, and food expenses were covered. The three 1:1 interviews consisted of basic behavioral questions and felt as if the interviewers were genuinely trying to get to know me. In the group interview we were given a business situation that we had to analyze and present a solution within 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions. How would you deal with a difficult team member?   Answer Question
    Non negotiable

Buying Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Kohl's really loves their employees and this is shown during their interviewing process for summer interns and full-time hires. They give tours of the city and each person encountered was kind and very interested in getting to know/help interviewees in any way they can.

Interview Questions
    • The case question was the hardest. Working with others you have never met before to come up with a business solution within 5 minutes is difficult.   Answer Question

Merchant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

I applies online and spoke with a recruiter over the phone. I was invited to a 2 day event in Milwaukee a few weeks later. It included a very casual networking dinner the night before and the interviews the following morning at corporate. There were three 1:1 interviews with various managers in the buying offices and then a group interview later in the day. They also gave a tour of the corporate office.

Interview Questions
    • Group project/presentation: Should Kohl's go international and offer shipping to other countries? You have 20 minutes to work with a group of other candidates as 3 interviewers observe your interaction.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interviewed with 3 HR Associates, followed by 2 Assistant Product Managers and lastly the Product Manager on a Friday. I received a call on Saturday with the offer. Process was smooth and speedy.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions related to strengths, weaknesses, example of a work obstacle and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    Offer was very competitive with room for negotiation.

Event Execution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

I applied online through a recruiter and heard back about an interview a month later. I had an interview in the morning at HQ with three different people in separate interviews. By the end of the day I had an offer.

Buying Office Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview for internship opportunity was overwhelming.

Merchandising Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in March 2014.

I met with them at a career fair at my school and requested an interview online. I was selected for a first round interview. The questions were behavioral and pretty easy. We were given a case about 10 minutes before our interview that we had to present during the actual interview. The final round was at their headquarters in Milwaukee. They paid for our hotel, travel and food. We were given a tour and interviewed with 3 different people. After the individual interviews we worked with two other interviewees on a case for 5 minutes (the interviewers watched us work together) then we presented our ideas.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohl's.

It was a long process, with long periods of time without communication. In total, it took over 2 months. There was a phone interview, 3 hour in-person interview and a final 3 hour in-person interview. They consistently pointed out that I didn't have retail experience, yet I ended up getting the job in the end.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate salary.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

There are three 30 minute interviews with the IT department. The interview process was very easy they ask you about 18 situational questions. The questions all revolve around your experiences and how well you work in teams. They are looking for people who work well in teams and are able to work with people they may not get along with. They do not ask any technical questions and they will tell you that up front.

I was shocked at how quickly they got back to me with an offer. I interviewed on Monday and Tuesday morning I received a call with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you have lots of examples of how you worked in groups. The question I was not prepared for was " Give a situation in which you used a theory to develop a solution and then how did they situation turn out."   View Answer