Kohl's Interview Questions & Reviews in Milwaukee, WI

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Menomonee Falls, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kohl's.

I applies online and spoke with a recruiter over the phone. I was invited to a 2 day event in Milwaukee a few weeks later. It included a very casual networking dinner the night before and the interviews the following morning at corporate. There were three 1:1 interviews with various managers in the buying offices and then a group interview later in the day. They also gave a tour of the corporate office.

Interview Questions
    • Group project/presentation: Should Kohl's go international and offer shipping to other countries? You have 20 minutes to work with a group of other candidates as 3 interviewers observe your interaction.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interviewed with 3 HR Associates, followed by 2 Assistant Product Managers and lastly the Product Manager on a Friday. I received a call on Saturday with the offer. Process was smooth and speedy.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions related to strengths, weaknesses, example of a work obstacle and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    Offer was very competitive with room for negotiation.

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2010.

2 rounds of multi-person interviews at the corp office. Very normal, no crazy questions. Most of the discussion was around what I thought of their product and how I would update it. They put me up for the weekend to check out the area with a Realtor. The recruiter had great follow up throughout the process.

Negotiated a good sign on bonus to make up for them not budging on the salary. Great relocation package.

Event Execution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

I applied online through a recruiter and heard back about an interview a month later. I had an interview in the morning at HQ with three different people in separate interviews. By the end of the day I had an offer.

Buying Office Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview for internship opportunity was overwhelming.

Merchandising Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in March 2014.

I met with them at a career fair at my school and requested an interview online. I was selected for a first round interview. The questions were behavioral and pretty easy. We were given a case about 10 minutes before our interview that we had to present during the actual interview. The final round was at their headquarters in Milwaukee. They paid for our hotel, travel and food. We were given a tour and interviewed with 3 different people. After the individual interviews we worked with two other interviewees on a case for 5 minutes (the interviewers watched us work together) then we presented our ideas.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Menomonee Fls, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Fls, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2010.

Thorough, check social media and previous work history

Interview Questions
    Simple, they do not negotiate on vacation time

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Kohl's in March 2011.

The first interview was on campus. They asked the basic questions about personality and work ethic. The recruiter was very nice and welcoming. Then I was invited to Milwaukee for an entire day of interviews. They did a one on one interview and then a group/panel interview where we had to discuss about whether to execute on a new marketing campaign. The day was long but a great experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • The panel interview was the toughest part for me because it was my first time ever dealing with something like that.   Answer Question

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2010.

Had one on-site interview

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Kohl's.

It was a long process, with long periods of time without communication. In total, it took over 2 months. There was a phone interview, 3 hour in-person interview and a final 3 hour in-person interview. They consistently pointed out that I didn't have retail experience, yet I ended up getting the job in the end.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate salary.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!