Kohl's Overnight Freight Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Peoria, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. Questions had absolutely nothing to do with my position. It was all sales associate and customer service questions. The interview was done by a sales associate, not a manager. The associate would ask a question and have all of us answer it, then write down her rating of our answer for the "hiring team" (really just a manager) to look at.

Interview Questions

• Describe what customer service means.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation and my hourly rate was not discussed until after I was hired.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Group interview consisting of around eight people. Easy but they chose those who had experience in freight handling which I didn't have. Applied through snagajob and the process took two weeks. Firdt question was decribe oursslves and our availability. then they asked each of us a different question Per person. Ended with why they should hire us.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with someone and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Overnight Freight Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

The hiring was pretty standard. A manager asked questions in the interview. Was asked about my customer service experience, schooling, what I can add to the store, and how you can help the company overall. I was also asked if the "customer" is always right in the retail establishment. Make sure to answer "yes" to that question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Elmhurst, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Group Interview with 6-7 other people of different positions. I was only one for freight associate. others were for POS cashiers and sales memeber positions. We all were asked the same questions and mostly answered differently and some with similarity on the yes and no questions. The interviewer asked questions ranging about availability, when i given great customer service, how you deal with irrate customer, Tell something about ourselves and some other questions. Questions required some clear concised answers from top of your heads. Overall it took a decent hour or so for the whole process

Interview Questions

• Is the customer is always right? Answer was YES   1 Answer

Negotiation

Availability and Pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Rochester Hills, MI).

Interview

There was a group interview with about 5 other people. We were escorted to an interview room and were each asked a few questions, then asked the positions we wanted, and that was basically it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Nanuet, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

There were about 5 different people that came in around the same time to watch a video. Once that was complete we were given sheets to fill out. After that we were each called in separately for an interview.