Kohl's

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Overnight Remodeling Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in March 2012.

I applied online through Snagajob and heard back pretty quickly (less than a week). When they called me, they wanted to schedule me for a group interview the very next day and only had one time slot open so make sure you don't have any other obligations. Once you enter the room, they have you fill out all of the new hire paperwork. I have no idea why because most people won't even get hired so it's a waste of time.

After the paperwork, the interviewer asks a question and gives each person the opportunity to answer the question. You volunteer but there is no hand-raising so sometimes people awkwardly talk over one another trying to be the first person to answer.

They only asked about four questions:

If you worked in one department and a customer needed assistance finding something in another department, what would you do?

Is the customer always right?

Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.

Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and explain how you handled it.

They say if you are hired, they will let you know within the next few days after the background check goes through by calling you. If you don't get hired, they say they will notify you by snail mail. I received neither. In my opinion, that is very unprofessional but unfortunately, it is common these days. I had the experience in retail and the availability so I'm not sure why I was overlooked.

Interview Questions