Kohl's

Average Difficulty
87 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Loveland, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2012.

Interview Details – It was a group interview. It was standard asking how you feel about offering outstanding customer service and soliciting credit. They asked you best and worst customer service experience. They asked you what position you were most interested in getting, and availability.

Interview Question – How would you sell a freeze to an Eskimo living in an igloo?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Bakersfield, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2010.

Interview Details – It was 1 1/2 months after submitting an application before being called in for an interview. The interview was fairly basic and the interviewer was slightly disorganized but very personable. I was supposed to have a subsequent interview with the manager, but she could not be reached. 3 days later I was called and offered the position.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. It was a relaxed interview process with a personable employee who asked questions pertaining to my ability to interact with others, my previous experiences and how it related to the position etc.. All questions seemed reasonable, relevant, and fairly basic considering the job title I was interviewing for. The only aspect that was unexpected was the necessary secondary interviewer was not in the office.   Answer Question

Westland, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on a sunday and received a call for an interview by the following tuesday. I went to the interview the next day. But certain to be enthusiastic ,smile and dress professionally. The later is very important, there was girls in my group interview that were wearing flip flops. Also it is a group interview, one of the best strategies is to sit near the middle, it will give you time to think of an answer that hasn't already been said. Received a call the very next day extending me an offer.

Interview Question – The most difficult question is explaining a time you went above and beyond in a customer service situation.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through snagajob. Then I decided to call Kohls and they were able to schedule me an interview and was told to dress casual. I was interviewed by the HR manager, and two other people. It was a group interview of 7 people. The interview took a little over an hour. I saw them tap one lady from the interview back and let the 6 of us go. It's been over a week now and I haven't got a call back, I tried to call the store but still not a call back.

Interview Questions

Plainville, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted store directly to schedule interview. Took part in a group interview with one company representative and 7 other candidates for the position. The interview itself was somewhat awkward because you had to answer in front of other possible candidates, but the questions were fairly easy.

Interview Question – Talk about a time where you had to handle something unexpected.   Answer Question

POS Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – the interview process is EASY. usually they do group interviews that way they meet their "diversity" requirements. just don't wear jeans or tennis shoes and you basically have a job.

Interview Question – i don't remember being asked anything during my interview really besides my name and "why do you think you belong at kohl's" or something like that.   Answer Question

POS Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Kind of a hassle, had to have three interviews. Two were group interviews, which were strange.

Interview Question – Biggest mistake in past job   Answer Question

Mansfield, MA

I interviewed at Kohl's in May 2010.

Interview Details – It wasn't generally that unique overall. They were opening a new store so the process seemed a little ruched. But basically met with a hiring manager after submitting and online application. Then from there met with a store manager for a last round interview.

Interview Question – Why work for Kohl's?   Answer Question

Downey, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2010.

Interview Details – Its only one interview they will be group interview so stand out. How do you do this is by SMILING. They will ask basic previous job experience always point out the best customer service you've had. If you get the job you'll be sent directly to the break room to fill out all the application information.

Interview Question – Nothing its all easy, just have a nice face, if you're a female you got the job.   Answer Question

Lone Tree, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – I applied on 3rd, interviewed 21st, received rejection letter 25th.

Interview Question – General questions. Nothing difficult. Is the customer always right? What would you do if a customer asked you for help in an area you did not work in? About 8 or so questions total. Maybe a 20 min interview.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kohl's

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's POS Associate interview questions and advice. All 87 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kohl's employees and interview candidates.