Kohl's

Updated Nov 15, 2014

1.9

102 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

POS Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

It was a group Interview with 8 people and 2 people asking questions. After asking a series of questions and allowing each person to answer every question, they asked me and another person to stay behind to ask more questions about the applications we submitted. We were offered positions on the spot.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

POS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview was a big group interview. They were clearly desperate because everybody was hired, even people that did not come dressed up. Very little training, basically put you to work soon after.

no negation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I applied through Snagjob and then was called two days later for an interview. It was a group interview and I was really nervous but the person interviewing us (head of customer service) was really nice. There were about 12 people, including myself there. During the interview we were asked about 4 questions and it was pretty relaxed. She went over our applications and let some of us go. I was the first round of people to go which I'm not sure if that's good or bad. And was told I am going to be called in a week.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was fairly easy like when was the last time you were late.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I got called in for a group interview about a month after I applied. Showed up with about a minute to spare. Two other people came in late and one of them was about 7 minutes late and she still got the job. (show up early!) There was about 12 of us in the whole group interview and there were only 4 guys including myself. 4 of us were only 18 years old and the rest were 25 and even up to 40 years old ! They started by asking us to state are names and our previous job experience and if we have ever worked in retail.(I haven't) They then asked us two questions they wanted to ask and said to raise your hand if you felt like answering. It seemed the people with the most retail experience and most talkative didn't get the job. They went and talked for a few minutes and called some people out of the room and came back to us saying we got the job. So if you get called your most likely not gonna get it. They didn't ask us any tricky questions like "why should we hire you" or anything like that but it'd be smart to have those types of questions answered in your head. Dress casual and be polite and professional and you should be golden. I'm normally very nervous and shy around new people but I just sucked it up and figured if I don't get the job then oh well. Just be yourself, keep a positive look on your face, and smile when necessary. Try to keep a toothless smile on your face most of the time and make eye contact.�� Hopes this helps !

POS Associate Interview

Was invited to a group interview that consisted of approximately 6 other people. There are about 5-6 questions asked; try and answer at least 3 of them. They kept a few of us in the same room we interviewed in after and had told us after they analyzed the interview that we had received the job. At this point, we filled out paperwork and set up our training date.

Interview Questions
    • You are asked how you have dealt with upset customers in a past job.   View Answer

POS Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

Submitted an application through snagajob and was contacted about 2 weeks later. It was a group interview of 5 people including myself. The manager was very nice so I wasn't too nervous. She talked about Kohl's and what it would be like to work there and then went through the circle asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      What is your availability?
      Have you ever received any awards or recognitions?
      Would you be willing to solicit credit?
      Is the customer always right? (YES!)
        Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kohl's.

I applied in April, and I didn't get called for an interview until July. I went to the interview and there were 11 other people there for the interview as well. We all went back and did a group interview. We all introduced ourselves and because there were so many people we each answered one question and there were only three different questions asked. So you basically have to give your best self with 5 minutes or less of time. Then they sent 4 people out and the rest of us went to the next stage. After we filled out more paperwork they said we would hear from them within a week. I heard back almost 2 weeks later. And orientation was almost 2 weeks after the day I got hired. It's a very long process.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly questions about have you handled conflict before and have you gotten an award at work before. The last question everyone had to answer and it was if you're an introvert or extrovert. With that one just be honest, and don't lie and say you're an extrovert if you're not. I told them I was an introvert and then proceeded to explain that even though I'm naturally quiet I am able to ask people questions and greet them, etc. Better to tell the truth and give reasons than jump on the bandwagon and say I like to talk all the time.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Minimum wage offered and either you accepted or didn't take the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

Applied online, not thinking I would get a call back, but about 1 hour after applying I get a call from the HR Manager to come in for a group interview the next day. The interview was pretty easy, The store manager and the store assistant manager conducted it (Bob and Dave- great guys) I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time that you went out of your way for a customer?   View Answer
    • Where do you see yourself with our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

I applied yesterday afternoon online and received a call regarding the interview. my interview was this morning this afternoon the interview was a group interview it was pretty simple we went around the room told them about ourselves and answeredsome situational questions and fill out some paperwork while the two managers went on office and discuss some things we were then called out one by one summary not given a drop off your book summary given the job offer if the background check was clearedI'm hired in less than 24 hours of my application being submitted

Interview Questions
    • name a time you went above and beyond what happened customer   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

They called and I came in for a group interview. Basic questions, and they asked us all the same ones so you could prepare an answer if another interviewee went before you.They basically promised us all the job and scheduled our first day for training.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected. All along the lines of working with a team, with a person you didn't get along with, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.