Kohl's POS Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

1.9

97 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

POS Associate Interview

Was invited to a group interview that consisted of approximately 6 other people. There are about 5-6 questions asked; try and answer at least 3 of them. They kept a few of us in the same room we interviewed in after and had told us after they analyzed the interview that we had received the job. At this point, we filled out paperwork and set up our training date.

Interview Questions
  • You are asked how you have dealt with upset customers in a past job.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

POS Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

Submitted an application through snagajob and was contacted about 2 weeks later. It was a group interview of 5 people including myself. The manager was very nice so I wasn't too nervous. She talked about Kohl's and what it would be like to work there and then went through the circle asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      What is your availability?
      Have you ever received any awards or recognitions?
      Would you be willing to solicit credit?
      Is the customer always right? (YES!)
        Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kohl's.

I applied in April, and I didn't get called for an interview until July. I went to the interview and there were 11 other people there for the interview as well. We all went back and did a group interview. We all introduced ourselves and because there were so many people we each answered one question and there were only three different questions asked. So you basically have to give your best self with 5 minutes or less of time. Then they sent 4 people out and the rest of us went to the next stage. After we filled out more paperwork they said we would hear from them within a week. I heard back almost 2 weeks later. And orientation was almost 2 weeks after the day I got hired. It's a very long process.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly questions about have you handled conflict before and have you gotten an award at work before. The last question everyone had to answer and it was if you're an introvert or extrovert. With that one just be honest, and don't lie and say you're an extrovert if you're not. I told them I was an introvert and then proceeded to explain that even though I'm naturally quiet I am able to ask people questions and greet them, etc. Better to tell the truth and give reasons than jump on the bandwagon and say I like to talk all the time.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Minimum wage offered and either you accepted or didn't take the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

I applied yesterday afternoon online and received a call regarding the interview. my interview was this morning this afternoon the interview was a group interview it was pretty simple we went around the room told them about ourselves and answeredsome situational questions and fill out some paperwork while the two managers went on office and discuss some things we were then called out one by one summary not given a drop off your book summary given the job offer if the background check was clearedI'm hired in less than 24 hours of my application being submitted

Interview Questions
    • name a time you went above and beyond what happened customer   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

They called and I came in for a group interview. Basic questions, and they asked us all the same ones so you could prepare an answer if another interviewee went before you.They basically promised us all the job and scheduled our first day for training.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected. All along the lines of working with a team, with a person you didn't get along with, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

Applied online through snagajob. Then I decided to call Kohls and they were able to schedule me an interview and was told to dress casual. I was interviewed by the HR manager, and two other people. It was a group interview of 7 people. The interview took a little over an hour. I saw them tap one lady from the interview back and let the 6 of us go. It's been over a week now and I haven't got a call back, I tried to call the store but still not a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westland, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

I applied on a sunday and received a call for an interview by the following tuesday. I went to the interview the next day. But certain to be enthusiastic ,smile and dress professionally. The later is very important, there was girls in my group interview that were wearing flip flops. Also it is a group interview, one of the best strategies is to sit near the middle, it will give you time to think of an answer that hasn't already been said. Received a call the very next day extending me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is explaining a time you went above and beyond in a customer service situation.   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

the interview process is EASY. usually they do group interviews that way they meet their "diversity" requirements. just don't wear jeans or tennis shoes and you basically have a job.

Interview Questions
    • i don't remember being asked anything during my interview really besides my name and "why do you think you belong at kohl's" or something like that.   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Kind of a hassle, had to have three interviews. Two were group interviews, which were strange.

POS Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in April 2014.

You need to apply online then wait for the phone call. They will call you and most likely do a group interview. You are seated in a circle then everyone gets a turn at answering questions first. They then call your references and give you a call to do the paperwork. They let you know about Kohls and watch a video. Then you go around and shadow others for a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult thing about Kohls is knowing all the discounts and sales going on.   Answer Question