Kohl's POS Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

1.9

91 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in February 2013.

After my application was sent I waited around 3 weeks for a response. I was called by a manager to set up my interview. When I arrived I was sent to the office to talk one on one with the manager. I was asked mainly about my experience, this was my second job, but I was assured that if hired any help I needed would be provided. I was only asked about 10 questions, such as: "why do you want to work here" "what are your strengths" "do you believe you can perform more than one task at a time if asked" "can you interact with people who may be upset or angry and may take it out on you" and "are you able to cooperate with others even despite differences or disagreements". After that I was told immediately if they wanted to hire me, and they invited me back for training.

Interview Questions
  • I was told about the companies main policies and how the store promised one thing, to provide a great shopping experience to all shoppers and to make sure everyone is helped out as much as possible. "At our store we want to provide a great experience to anyone who shops at our stores. When one customer has a good experience they will recommend our store to those they know. At your last job, although you were not in retail, was there any point at which you had to go out of your way to help someone and make make sure they were satisfied?"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grandville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

I applied yesterday afternoon online and received a call regarding the interview. my interview was this morning this afternoon the interview was a group interview it was pretty simple we went around the room told them about ourselves and answeredsome situational questions and fill out some paperwork while the two managers went on office and discuss some things we were then called out one by one summary not given a drop off your book summary given the job offer if the background check was clearedI'm hired in less than 24 hours of my application being submitted

Interview Questions
    • name a time you went above and beyond what happened customer   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2014.

You need to apply online then wait for the phone call. They will call you and most likely do a group interview. You are seated in a circle then everyone gets a turn at answering questions first. They then call your references and give you a call to do the paperwork. They let you know about Kohls and watch a video. Then you go around and shadow others for a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult thing about Kohls is knowing all the discounts and sales going on.   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's.

They called and I came in for a group interview. Basic questions, and they asked us all the same ones so you could prepare an answer if another interviewee went before you.They basically promised us all the job and scheduled our first day for training.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected. All along the lines of working with a team, with a person you didn't get along with, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Loveland, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2012.

It was a group interview. It was standard asking how you feel about offering outstanding customer service and soliciting credit. They asked you best and worst customer service experience. They asked you what position you were most interested in getting, and availability.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a freeze to an Eskimo living in an igloo?   View Answer
    N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2010.

It was 1 1/2 months after submitting an application before being called in for an interview. The interview was fairly basic and the interviewer was slightly disorganized but very personable. I was supposed to have a subsequent interview with the manager, but she could not be reached. 3 days later I was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. It was a relaxed interview process with a personable employee who asked questions pertaining to my ability to interact with others, my previous experiences and how it related to the position etc.. All questions seemed reasonable, relevant, and fairly basic considering the job title I was interviewing for. The only aspect that was unexpected was the necessary secondary interviewer was not in the office.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westland, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

I applied on a sunday and received a call for an interview by the following tuesday. I went to the interview the next day. But certain to be enthusiastic ,smile and dress professionally. The later is very important, there was girls in my group interview that were wearing flip flops. Also it is a group interview, one of the best strategies is to sit near the middle, it will give you time to think of an answer that hasn't already been said. Received a call the very next day extending me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is explaining a time you went above and beyond in a customer service situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

Applied online through snagajob. Then I decided to call Kohls and they were able to schedule me an interview and was told to dress casual. I was interviewed by the HR manager, and two other people. It was a group interview of 7 people. The interview took a little over an hour. I saw them tap one lady from the interview back and let the 6 of us go. It's been over a week now and I haven't got a call back, I tried to call the store but still not a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plainville, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainville, CT

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

Contacted store directly to schedule interview. Took part in a group interview with one company representative and 7 other candidates for the position. The interview itself was somewhat awkward because you had to answer in front of other possible candidates, but the questions were fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you had to handle something unexpected.   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kohl's.

the interview process is EASY. usually they do group interviews that way they meet their "diversity" requirements. just don't wear jeans or tennis shoes and you basically have a job.

Interview Questions
    • i don't remember being asked anything during my interview really besides my name and "why do you think you belong at kohl's" or something like that.   Answer Question

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!