Kohl's

Getting the Interview

81 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

POS Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Kind of a hassle, had to have three interviews. Two were group interviews, which were strange.

Interview Question – Biggest mistake in past job   Answer Question

Mansfield, MA

I interviewed at Kohl's in May 2010.

Interview Details – It wasn't generally that unique overall. They were opening a new store so the process seemed a little ruched. But basically met with a hiring manager after submitting and online application. Then from there met with a store manager for a last round interview.

Interview Question – Why work for Kohl's?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Downey, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2010.

Interview Details – Its only one interview they will be group interview so stand out. How do you do this is by SMILING. They will ask basic previous job experience always point out the best customer service you've had. If you get the job you'll be sent directly to the break room to fill out all the application information.

Interview Question – Nothing its all easy, just have a nice face, if you're a female you got the job.   Answer Question

Lone Tree, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – I applied on 3rd, interviewed 21st, received rejection letter 25th.

Interview Question – General questions. Nothing difficult. Is the customer always right? What would you do if a customer asked you for help in an area you did not work in? About 8 or so questions total. Maybe a 20 min interview.   View Answer

Neenah, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very hurried, not very personal. Was close to Thanksgiving, hired as seasonal.

Interview Question – Typical retail interview questions, none really stand out in my mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you get hired as seasonal, be willing to go to other departments, and go in when the call you. The more eager you are to do that, the more willing they will be to keep you on. Play nice with other cashiers and managers.

Miami, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview consisting of 5-10 prospective employees and 2 assistant managers asking questions. Lasted for about 20 minutes with same question asked to each person.

Interview Question – What didn't you like about your former Manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview is a group interview and pretty laid back. Kohl's looks for someone who is very customer service oriented and someone who has an inviting personality.

During the group interview, we're all asked the same question and go around the room, one after another, and answer. When answering, even if you feel the same way about an answer as someone else, try to word it in your own way!

Kohl's also looks for people who are professional but who also know how to have fun. Make sure you're relaxed during the interview, be yourself, and you should be fine.

Interview Question – "Describe a difficult situation in a past job" was probably the most difficult. Try to answer the question with a positive outcome.

Other than that, the questions were pretty simple.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Minimum wage.

POS Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Received call for interview about a week after applying, went into store for interview, HR manager asked me a couple questions, and then offered me the job, had to submit a drug test, and then within the week I was officially hired and started training.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Opelika, AL

I interviewed at Kohl's in December 2010.

Interview Details – Written application in 30 days, got a call for an interview, it turned out to be a group interview and we all got hired before Christmas. Didn't start until January and got four hour shifts for a year until they gave me one per week for three weeks straight.

Interview Question – Why we wanted to work there?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hired on the spot

Lutz, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process took about two weeks after the initial application. At the interview it was simple questions such as knowing your prior work history, why do you want to work here, and of course a time where you provided great customer service. There were two people who interviewed me that day with the same questions.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, its all pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate, i got the job and it started at minimum wage.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kohl's

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's POS Associate interview questions and advice. All 81 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kohl's employees and interview candidates.