Kohl's POS Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Plainfield, IL).

Interview

When I got to the interview, I realized it was going to be a group interview. First, we all filled out our applications and when we were done she called everyone back to a room to sit together at one table. We answered questions one at a time. It was pretty intimidating for me especially because most of the others had prior work experience and their answers were simply better than mine. But a good thing about a group interviews is it gives you time to think about your response to a question, unless you answer first. Just be prepared for a group interview when applying at Khols and practice what you're going to say.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Interview was easy. It was a group interview with very easy questions. Everyone just copied what each person said. This was the only interview, and they called me back within 5 days and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a customer asked you a question, and you didn't know the answer.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation.

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Group interview, it was easy and very laid back. We sat in a room and he asked us questions. What is your weakness. And what are your strengths. Asked where we want department we wanted to work in. Asked about our previous employers and asked about our jobs. Asked us to make name tags when we came in. they also asked us to go around the room and tell about ourselves.

Negotiation

Come in and do paper work.

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in January 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. Fairly easy, there was me and two other people in the interview. The manager handed me a packet of papers to fill out and two weeks later I was offered a postition. It was an overall good experience. I would say that the questions were basics like what you would do if a customer was unhappy, a time you received good customer service and just about yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

They interview you in a group because they like to see how you interact with each other and see if other people's answers will affect what you say. Mostly questions of how would you handle a certain situation or how you have handled that kind of situation at your previous job.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest achievement at your job? I didn't really have one at my job but I could think of a situation I was going through while juggling my job and it worked just as well.   1 Answer

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a group Interview with 8 people and 2 people asking questions. After asking a series of questions and allowing each person to answer every question, they asked me and another person to stay behind to ask more questions about the applications we submitted. We were offered positions on the spot.

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Interview was a big group interview. They were clearly desperate because everybody was hired, even people that did not come dressed up. Very little training, basically put you to work soon after.

Negotiation

no negation

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Naples, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through Snagjob and then was called two days later for an interview. It was a group interview and I was really nervous but the person interviewing us (head of customer service) was really nice. There were about 12 people, including myself there. During the interview we were asked about 4 questions and it was pretty relaxed. She went over our applications and let some of us go. I was the first round of people to go which I'm not sure if that's good or bad. And was told I am going to be called in a week.

Interview Questions

• Everything was fairly easy like when was the last time you were late.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Long Beach, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I got called in for a group interview about a month after I applied. Showed up with about a minute to spare. Two other people came in late and one of them was about 7 minutes late and she still got the job. (show up early!) There was about 12 of us in the whole group interview and there were only 4 guys including myself. 4 of us were only 18 years old and the rest were 25 and even up to 40 years old ! They started by asking us to state are names and our previous job experience and if we have ever worked in retail.(I haven't) They then asked us two questions they wanted to ask and said to raise your hand if you felt like answering. It seemed the people with the most retail experience and most talkative didn't get the job. They went and talked for a few minutes and called some people out of the room and came back to us saying we got the job. So if you get called your most likely not gonna get it. They didn't ask us any tricky questions like "why should we hire you" or anything like that but it'd be smart to have those types of questions answered in your head. Dress casual and be polite and professional and you should be golden. I'm normally very nervous and shy around new people but I just sucked it up and figured if I don't get the job then oh well. Just be yourself, keep a positive look on your face, and smile when necessary. Try to keep a toothless smile on your face most of the time and make eye contact.�� Hopes this helps !

POS Associate Interview

Interview

Was invited to a group interview that consisted of approximately 6 other people. There are about 5-6 questions asked; try and answer at least 3 of them. They kept a few of us in the same room we interviewed in after and had told us after they analyzed the interview that we had received the job. At this point, we filled out paperwork and set up our training date.

Interview Questions

• You are asked how you have dealt with upset customers in a past job.   1 Answer