Kohl's POS Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2015

2.0

Reset

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Kissimmee, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was supposed to be a group interview but none of the other applicants showed up. He just asked me questions about my availability, instead of asking typical questions like what are my strengths and weaknesses he just stated different situations and how would I handle it. Interview was about an hour

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes a good work environment?
    When have you had to change your priorities and how did you handle it?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Plainfield, IL).

Interview

When I got to the interview, I realized it was going to be a group interview. First, we all filled out our applications and when we were done she called everyone back to a room to sit together at one table. We answered questions one at a time. It was pretty intimidating for me especially because most of the others had prior work experience and their answers were simply better than mine. But a good thing about a group interviews is it gives you time to think about your response to a question, unless you answer first. Just be prepared for a group interview when applying at Khols and practice what you're going to say.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

I got to Kohl's pretty early. They brought me into the back room to sign some papers and the available hours and days. Then I got called into the room with the manager (it was only one). It was very pleasant. I was recommended by a friend that works with the Kohl's company, so I got a lot of Intel on the interview. The questions weren't that hard, they were simple. Now I'm just waiting to see if I get a call back for an opening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Marion, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I got a call a few weeks after applying to interview the following week. It was a simple group interview, only a few behavioral questions. All of us received a call the following day to join as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• What are the elements of a positive workplace?   1 Answer

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Interview was easy. It was a group interview with very easy questions. Everyone just copied what each person said. This was the only interview, and they called me back within 5 days and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a customer asked you a question, and you didn't know the answer.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation.

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Group interview, it was easy and very laid back. We sat in a room and he asked us questions. What is your weakness. And what are your strengths. Asked where we want department we wanted to work in. Asked about our previous employers and asked about our jobs. Asked us to make name tags when we came in. they also asked us to go around the room and tell about ourselves.

Negotiation

Come in and do paper work.

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in January 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. Fairly easy, there was me and two other people in the interview. The manager handed me a packet of papers to fill out and two weeks later I was offered a postition. It was an overall good experience. I would say that the questions were basics like what you would do if a customer was unhappy, a time you received good customer service and just about yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

They interview you in a group because they like to see how you interact with each other and see if other people's answers will affect what you say. Mostly questions of how would you handle a certain situation or how you have handled that kind of situation at your previous job.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest achievement at your job? I didn't really have one at my job but I could think of a situation I was going through while juggling my job and it worked just as well.   1 Answer

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a group Interview with 8 people and 2 people asking questions. After asking a series of questions and allowing each person to answer every question, they asked me and another person to stay behind to ask more questions about the applications we submitted. We were offered positions on the spot.

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Interview was a big group interview. They were clearly desperate because everybody was hired, even people that did not come dressed up. Very little training, basically put you to work soon after.

Negotiation

no negation