Kohl's Point of Sale Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Lebanon, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (South Lebanon, OH).

Interview

Group interview and then the people they don't want get called out one by one and told that they'll be in contact. Then the people they do want are left in the room and are told they got it.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a group interview with 3 other people. 2 managers asked the questions. We interviewees each went around and answered every question, even if we didn't have much to add. It helped to try to reword something someone had already said, if that was the case.

Interview Questions

• Customer B wants something Customer A has. What do you do?   Answer Question

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Interview

I was hired during the holiday season. The interview was not difficult at all. The entire hiring process took around 2-3 weeks. I applied mid-October and was called in for the interview around the starting of November.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dacula, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Dacula, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called back within a week for an interview. When I got there, it was just me and the general manager who did my interview. I was immediately offered the job, and one of the managers at the store called me in to begin orientation and fill out paperwork within one week.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Redlands, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview. Pretty easy, just be yourself and talked about previous customer service experience. Everyone went around answering the same questions. Then after some of us were asked to take a tour of the store. Then when we came back they told us that we were chosen to be hired. After that you start filling out some of the paper work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You come in and start training the same week.

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's in September 2013.

Interview

Group interview, everyone answers the same question and then you wait to see if you get called back in for orientation

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic questions for retail. What do you do with an unhappy customer? What do you do if you see an employee stealing?   Answer Question

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's in May 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were two managers and about eight employees being interviewed. We sat around a table, and they asked basic questions about your temperament and how well you handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about soliciting credit?   1 Answer

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

Interview

Group Interview

Interview Questions

• Asked alot of questions. Be prepared! Questions about what you would do if you saw another employee stealing, how to assist customer that is not in your dept. or if you didn't know the answer to question customer was asking, describe a prior conflict you've had with other employee or employer, etc, etc.   Answer Question

Two family members applied for same job location. Only 1 family member can be in the same location. I gave up my offer to other family member

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

Before I was hired on part-time, I was applying for seasonal help, due to the kohl's in eastgate going under remodel and needing additional help for a few months. It was a group interview, due to the large hiring volume that they needed filled. The group interview made things more casual and relaxed so it was easy to think of everything you needed to say without hesitation. In the end as long as you have a winning personality, it's very simple to get the job and as long as you do your job well they really are a fantastic employer.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is your most detrimental quality and what steps would you take to ensure that it does not interfere with your work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Detroit, MI) in July 2012.

Interview

A group interview with about ten people followed by short individual interviews. I was called for an interview shortly after submitting my application, and called with the job offer a day or two after my interview. All they really look for are smiles and common sense.

Interview Questions

• Situation questions like "What would you do if a customer started yelling?"   Answer Question