Kohl's Point of Sale Associate Interview Questions

2.5

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Point of Sale Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in September 2013.

Group interview, everyone answers the same question and then you wait to see if you get called back in for orientation

Interview Questions
  • Pretty basic questions for retail. What do you do with an unhappy customer? What do you do if you see an employee stealing?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Point of Sale Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

Group Interview

Interview Questions
    • Asked alot of questions. Be prepared! Questions about what you would do if you saw another employee stealing, how to assist customer that is not in your dept. or if you didn't know the answer to question customer was asking, describe a prior conflict you've had with other employee or employer, etc, etc.   Answer Question

Two family members applied for same job location. Only 1 family member can be in the same location. I gave up my offer to other family member

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in July 2012.

Before I was hired on part-time, I was applying for seasonal help, due to the kohl's in eastgate going under remodel and needing additional help for a few months. It was a group interview, due to the large hiring volume that they needed filled. The group interview made things more casual and relaxed so it was easy to think of everything you needed to say without hesitation. In the end as long as you have a winning personality, it's very simple to get the job and as long as you do your job well they really are a fantastic employer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel is your most detrimental quality and what steps would you take to ensure that it does not interfere with your work?   View Answer
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2011.

I applied online through snagajob.com (the only link provided when you to go Kohls.com and "careers"). I got a call about a week later from someone in HR asking me if I could come in the same day for an interview.
    I happily complied and arrived 10 minutes early. While I waited (nearly 20 minutes after my appointed time) to be interview, another girl had come in and asked for an application.

When I finally got called in, I was called back to interview with the store manager ALONG with the girl who had just come in! This was a turn off instantly, but I needed work so I remained as professional as possible. Everything seemed to go well. I was even asked to stay and fill out paperwork (including a background check), so I thought that everything was in the bag. But that was TWO weeks ago.

I wish I hadn't have been required to fill out so much paperwork if I wasn't even going to be considered. Also, I do not like having to give out so much personal information (social #, address, etc) to an employer who I won't even be working for. Who knows what kind of people are working in the HR office?!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2011.

I was called in by the hiring manager and she told me about the online application and that they'd be running a group interview next week. When she said group interview, I pictured a panel of HR people jotting down notes about what you say and staring you down the entire time. But it was nothing like that! It was a group of applicants that were being interviewed all at once.
    So you come in, they take 'roll call' make sure everyone is there then you go into a small conference room and they tell you they want you to fill out the in-store application. Now this was the surprise to me because she said I don't need to bring anything with me, only to realize that I don't have my references and resume information handy. So make sure you take everything with you, despite what they say.
    After you fill out the in-store application, another Kohl's member hiring member joins and they start the interview process. They go around the room in some order that they have on the sheet. And they ask each person the same question, which is always great because it gives you the opportunity to express yourself in a more open way each time you hear another answer. Just remember, they want to hear how YOU would respond tot he situation, so even if you rebuttal off of someone else, be sure you add your own input. And don't be thrown off if someone made a better answer than you did, because chances are they are hiring for around 4 different positions.
    After that interview round, they then tell you that they will be doing background checks on everyone and will contact you in 7-10 business days if you've passed. They've contacted me in sooner than that.

But, word of advise! They will ask you to mark if you want full or part time on your sheet. Then when they contact you for the job offer, they will announce that you have to start as part time and work your way up to full time (or a supervisor). So, whichever position you want, mark full-time!

Interview Questions
    • Name an situation when you went above and beyond for a customer.   View Answer
    • How would you respond if you were given a big project to work on, during it you were given multiple tasks that were insignificant in size but were of higher priority.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2010.

It was a basic 4 group interview. It lasted around 35-45 minutes. The basic questions asked were why did you want to work at kohls? When did you go above and beyond for the customer. Describe a conflict at work and how did you handle it? Describe a problem that occurred and how did you resolve it?

Interview Questions
    • Describe when you went above and beyond for a customer?   View Answer
    Starting pay is minimum wage which is $8.25.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in January 2010.

I applied online and a week later they called for an interview. I came in and had an interview with the assistant manager and she offered me a job at the end of the interview. I had orientaion that following week. The interview was very simple and only took about 30 minutes to take. It was a one on one interview, but with several people coming in that day. They were hiring on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Naming a time where you went beyond what you had to help a customer.   Answer Question
    No, they were firm on paying minimum wage with "room for growth".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2009.

I was called into an interview and answered scenerio questions with an area manager. I then had a second interview with the manager over the cashiers. All the questions were basic common sense questions that my 10 year old could answer. Hired that day.

Interview Questions
    • Would you report someone if they stole an item that costs less than 5$?   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations. I wanted more than minimum wage (they could only offer .25 over mw). It was take it or leave it for them. There were more people on the list, so they didn't care if I declined or not.