Kohl's Sale Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Roseville, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Multiple applicants were interviewed simultaneously. Very casual, joking atmosphere. Interviewees wore a range of outfits from casual jeans and t-shirts to business casual to business formal. Interviewed with the sales manager. One interview and then received a phone call asking if still interested in the position. Told to come to orientation. At the interview was asked about availability but at the time of accepting the position neither the number of hours or approximate schedule were discussed. Upon arriving at the orientation was handed a schedule starting the next day to work 8 out of the 10 next days. Had to go back in later to work out the schedule around previous commitments made before there was a job offer.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with the store manager. At the end of the interview he told me that he was doing interviews so he can find a replacement for the seasonals and he was doing interviews that whole week. I never heard from Kohls after that. I know he was telling the truth because he had an interview before and after me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on an online job board, submitted my resume and application. The next day, my local Kohls called me to set up a time for a interview. Attended the group interview, which went well, and we were told they would do a background check and then call us to let us know. In about a week's time, I received the call back and was offered a position and set up a time to come in for orientation!

Sale Associate Interview

Interview

very quick and friendy, no pressure at all. My question were like...why do you think you can be a good sale associate, what does a good sale associate should have? Did you shopping at Kohl's before

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I was called for a group interview. Because, they didn't have enough people for the interview, it was postponed by a week. We pretty much went around the room speaking on why we were the best fit for the job and our skills. We were then asked a series of questions and the person picked to answer first was totally random. We pretty much all had the same answer to the questions and added a little more to them.

Interview Questions

• If you ever had a disagreement with a manager and what did you do about it.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

First, about a week after I put in my application on sangajob, I was invited in to do a group interview. The group interview was with four other interviewees. The group in interview went well and I was call.about three days later to do another interview with the store manager. That interview also went well. Then I was called about two days later about the job offer and to set up an orientation date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

Interview

Got an initial phone call to schedule interview. The day of the interview, I was surprised it was a small group interview with me and another person. We sat with the Supervisor and the Assistant Manager and the Assistant Manager asked us questions like why we wanted to work here and behavioral questions to get a gauge of our work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Hamilton, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

I did an application and then probably two weeks later they called me in for a group interview. The guy was very nice, told us all about the company. Then we went around the room and introduced ourselve. After he asked everyone three situation questions. Basically everyone's answers were similar. And after the questions we asked him a few questions that we wanted to know. At the end we filled out some paper work. About a week later then called me with an offer and I have orientation in a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer .   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Silverdale, WA).

Interview

I applied online about a month later I applied again by accident. I got a call about a week later stating that they were holding interviews at 1 pm that next day. I dressed buisness casual and showed about 20 mins early. It was a group interview. We all went in and sat at a table. The lady was extremely nice and she asked us maybe 5 questions and we each had to answer them. They weren't hard at all. And then she through a "Kohls" question at us at the end. After we answered the questions she left the room and had a man come in, he asked us to tell him about our selves. I stated a couple facts about myself and why I wanted to work in retail. I'm a shy girl and I told him I know I may seem shy but I'm actually pretty outgoing. He said that's what he likes. So even though I seemed shy I made sure he knew I could be out going. After we talked to him he left and the hiring manager came back and said she was gonna call us back to talk to us one on one in order of the applications she asked on girl to go back, about 5 minutes later she came back and said "Were offering you a job at kohls!". I assume they brought the girl back to let her down in private. We filled out paperwork, got told that we would get called after the background check went through. Then I'll start the orientation process.

Interview Questions

• If you had 15 minutes to spend with anyone, who would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offer 9.35 an hour, and a good amount of hours. They expect you to work on Thanksgiving no excuses or if ands or buts about it. If you can't you'll be terminated.

Sale's Associate Interview

Interview

I applied on Snagajob, and got called within the week. I went in for an interview, and got a second interview with the store manager right away. They called me a few days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't too difficult, but there were some duplicates between the two interviews so it was hard to come up with a new answer to the same question.   Answer Question