Kohl's

Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.1

53 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I applied on an online job board, submitted my resume and application. The next day, my local Kohls called me to set up a time for a interview. Attended the group interview, which went well, and we were told they would do a background check and then call us to let us know. In about a week's time, I received the call back and was offered a position and set up a time to come in for orientation!

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Sale Associate Interview

very quick and friendy, no pressure at all. My question were like...why do you think you can be a good sale associate, what does a good sale associate should have? Did you shopping at Kohl's before

Sale Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

I was called for a group interview. Because, they didn't have enough people for the interview, it was postponed by a week. We pretty much went around the room speaking on why we were the best fit for the job and our skills. We were then asked a series of questions and the person picked to answer first was totally random. We pretty much all had the same answer to the questions and added a little more to them.

Interview Questions
    • If you ever had a disagreement with a manager and what did you do about it.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

First, about a week after I put in my application on sangajob, I was invited in to do a group interview. The group interview was with four other interviewees. The group in interview went well and I was call.about three days later to do another interview with the store manager. That interview also went well. Then I was called about two days later about the job offer and to set up an orientation date.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

Got an initial phone call to schedule interview. The day of the interview, I was surprised it was a small group interview with me and another person. We sat with the Supervisor and the Assistant Manager and the Assistant Manager asked us questions like why we wanted to work here and behavioral questions to get a gauge of our work ethic.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I did an application and then probably two weeks later they called me in for a group interview. The guy was very nice, told us all about the company. Then we went around the room and introduced ourselve. After he asked everyone three situation questions. Basically everyone's answers were similar. And after the questions we asked him a few questions that we wanted to know. At the end we filled out some paper work. About a week later then called me with an offer and I have orientation in a week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online about a month later I applied again by accident. I got a call about a week later stating that they were holding interviews at 1 pm that next day. I dressed buisness casual and showed about 20 mins early. It was a group interview. We all went in and sat at a table. The lady was extremely nice and she asked us maybe 5 questions and we each had to answer them. They weren't hard at all. And then she through a "Kohls" question at us at the end. After we answered the questions she left the room and had a man come in, he asked us to tell him about our selves. I stated a couple facts about myself and why I wanted to work in retail. I'm a shy girl and I told him I know I may seem shy but I'm actually pretty outgoing. He said that's what he likes. So even though I seemed shy I made sure he knew I could be out going. After we talked to him he left and the hiring manager came back and said she was gonna call us back to talk to us one on one in order of the applications she asked on girl to go back, about 5 minutes later she came back and said "Were offering you a job at kohls!". I assume they brought the girl back to let her down in private. We filled out paperwork, got told that we would get called after the background check went through. Then I'll start the orientation process.

Interview Questions
    • If you had 15 minutes to spend with anyone, who would it be?   View Answer
    They offer 9.35 an hour, and a good amount of hours. They expect you to work on Thanksgiving no excuses or if ands or buts about it. If you can't you'll be terminated.

Sale's Associate Interview

I applied on Snagajob, and got called within the week. I went in for an interview, and got a second interview with the store manager right away. They called me a few days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too difficult, but there were some duplicates between the two interviews so it was hard to come up with a new answer to the same question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Industry, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Don't even remember when I applied. Got a call to come in for an interview, only available time was the next day, so I went. They didn't tell me to bring anything, but I decided to bring my resume anyways (and damn good I brought it because interviewer asked for it). I dressed up pretty formal, slacks, shirt, tie, dress shoes. First thing that happened was I went to the back of the store to customer service. Lady at the desk told me to sign in and fill out a form in the break room. Went inside, filled it out, waiting for more people to show up (i was expecting it to be a group interview). After about 20 minutes, someone came in the room and called my name. I was pretty surprised, but at the same time, pretty happy because I knew it was going to be a 1 on 1 interview. The man who interviewed me was the HR Manager, I believe, really nice guy. Fairly easy interview process. He went over my resume, asked me about everything that was on there, to know more about me. Then, we moved on to more situational questions. What would you do if you saw another employee stealing? What would you do if a customer needed help in a different department? Easy stuff, just prepare and you'll do fine. Remember to always smile, you're trying to get a customer service job, act like one. After he was done asking me questions, he told me that he still had some more interviewees to go, but he liked me and wanted to hire me on the spot. I accepted, and he asked which department I'd like to work. They only had a couple available and I chose one. Then, filled out some more standard paperwork. Said my goodbye's, and he told me that I would get a call in a day about my orientation date. Got a call within one hour confirming my orientation in exactly one week's time. Great interview process. Easy interview process. All you gotta do is prepare, smile, and be personable.

no negotiation, min wage, which was about a little over 9 bucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

I applied online and was sent an email within 2 days. Was scheduled for a group interview a week later. I went in early & they had me fill out an application in the break room. They asked about availability and said they would call within 2 weeks since they had more interviews later on that day. Today is day one.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when there was a conflict & how did you handle it?   Answer Question