Kohl's Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.1

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

I applied online and was sent an email within 2 days. Was scheduled for a group interview a week later. I went in early & they had me fill out an application in the break room. They asked about availability and said they would call within 2 weeks since they had more interviews later on that day. Today is day one.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when there was a conflict & how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Industry, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kohl's.

Don't even remember when I applied. Got a call to come in for an interview, only available time was the next day, so I went. They didn't tell me to bring anything, but I decided to bring my resume anyways (and damn good I brought it because interviewer asked for it). I dressed up pretty formal, slacks, shirt, tie, dress shoes. First thing that happened was I went to the back of the store to customer service. Lady at the desk told me to sign in and fill out a form in the break room. Went inside, filled it out, waiting for more people to show up (i was expecting it to be a group interview). After about 20 minutes, someone came in the room and called my name. I was pretty surprised, but at the same time, pretty happy because I knew it was going to be a 1 on 1 interview. The man who interviewed me was the HR Manager, I believe, really nice guy. Fairly easy interview process. He went over my resume, asked me about everything that was on there, to know more about me. Then, we moved on to more situational questions. What would you do if you saw another employee stealing? What would you do if a customer needed help in a different department? Easy stuff, just prepare and you'll do fine. Remember to always smile, you're trying to get a customer service job, act like one. After he was done asking me questions, he told me that he still had some more interviewees to go, but he liked me and wanted to hire me on the spot. I accepted, and he asked which department I'd like to work. They only had a couple available and I chose one. Then, filled out some more standard paperwork. Said my goodbye's, and he told me that I would get a call in a day about my orientation date. Got a call within one hour confirming my orientation in exactly one week's time. Great interview process. Easy interview process. All you gotta do is prepare, smile, and be personable.

no negotiation, min wage, which was about a little over 9 bucks

Sale Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2013.

Got called and had the interview the same day. The interview was easy and consisted of normal polite conversation. Normal interview questions were asked and a few scenarios were given, and you had to explain what you would do. Overall the interview is nothing to worry about.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer was unhappy with the available options in store, what would you do?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. Took what they offered because I needed a job. The rest of the people that got hired all got offered the same amount as me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2014.

I applied online through Snagajob.com and received a call back for an interview within 16 hours.

The Kohl's where I live is somewhat remote, so I ended up getting a one on one interview rather than a group interview. The whole process was very easy. First, I received my phone call on Tuesday telling me to come in at 9:00am on Thursday and speak with the Customer Service desk, which I did when the time came. Then, the Store Manager came and asked me to follow her to her office where I was asked about 5 or 6 very easy questions. I believe the first was something along the lines of "Tell me about yourself". I responded saying "Well, i'm so and so and i've lived here my entire life. I'm currently looking for a place where I can work hard and apply myself.". The second was about my hobbies, "What do you like to do in your spare time?". I told her that I "Love to listen to any time of music as well as riding my bicycle when I get the chance.". Next she asked about my future plans, "What goals do you have for the future?". I said that I would "Be going to college either this year or next and getting a degree in Computer Science.". Then there was one customer situation question. "Do you think the customer is always right?". This question caught me off guard slightly, but I responded with "I believe the customer is always right, but with some exceptions. For example, if they were stealing." She seemed pretty happy with that answer. The the final questions were about any previous experience I had, my availability and where in the store I would like to work. As for the questions I asked her at the end, I asked what the uniforms were like and when I could hear back from her. Uniforms are anything business casual, and she said I could expect a call back by the end of next week.

Overall, it was very easy. Despite only spending about two hours rehearsing, it went very well. It was that simple. The manager was nice and easy to talk to. I didn't bring a resume with me, however she didn't ask for one, so it all worked out in the end. Good luck anyone reading!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waite Park, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waite Park, MN

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2010.

I received a call asking if I was still interested in the position about a week after I submitted my application and scheduled an interview for a couple of days later. I was interviewed by the hiring manager (assistant manager) who was training another manager for the hiring process. While I was waiting for them to come in I noticed a sheet on the desk that gave me a hint as to what kind of answers they were looking for in the interview. I don't remember specific questions from the interview but they want you to give personal examples in your answers. After the interview I was called either that day or the day after and offered the position. Orientation was with myself and a few other people and consisted of watching a video and taking a brief tour of the store. The first 12-ish hours you work there is training (computer based, and shadowing at registers) and then you're pretty much on your own.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you offer personal examples when you answer the questions, they are typical interview questions and not particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Basic run on the mill questions. If they are hiring you'll get the job.

Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2014.

I applied online through snagajob.com. A few weeks later, I was contacted to come in for an interview. I arrived about 10 minutes early, and was given paperwork to fill out (work history, consent to do a background check, and availability). There was already a man sitting there, filling out his paperwork and waiting for an interview. After a woman had just come out of her interview, the man was taken back to do his interview. As I was sitting there waiting, another girl came in and starting filling out her paperwork for an interview. The interview was 1 on 1 and very straightforward. The interviewer asked me to tell a little bit about myself, why I left my last job (I'm assuming that they call previous employers), why I want to work for Kohl's, do you believe that the customer is always right, do you like to multitask or work on a single task at a time, describe a time when you provided exceptional customer service, would you feel comfortable soliciting credit. At the end of the interview she verified my availability and said they would contact me in a few days after they made a decision. I came out of my interview and there were 3 other people waiting to be called back for their interview. I feel fairly confident about my interview, but I'm a little unsure because there were so many applicants. My interview was 2 days ago, so I haven't heard anything back yet.

Interview Questions
    • I was caught off guard whenever they asked if I felt comfortable soliciting credit because I applied for a sales associate position, not cashier. Apparently sales associates are only required to get two people per month to sign up for a Kohl's card.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's.

I filled out an application in the store. Manager met with me while I was there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were put into a difficult situation. How did you handle it? What would you have done differently? How would you apply what you learned in that situation to working for this company.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Phone call, group interview, and hired

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Kohl's.

Although I was expecting a group interview because that is usually Kohl's default interviewing process, it ended up being a 15 minute, one-on-one interview and I was hired on the spot. The questions asked were exactly the questions you would find by searching "Kohl's interview questions" on the internet. Just doing research on the company and their interviewing process helped to prepare me immensely. Make sure you familiarize yourself with their core values and incorporate them into your responses!

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any "trick" questions. Just do your research and you'll be more than prepared.   Answer Question

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!