Kohl's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in July 2015.

Interview

It was a quick, group interview with 6 other people. We introduced our selves and then they started to ask us some questions from a sheet. After the questions, they wanted us to try and sell them glasses.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Downey, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

it was a group interview. They asked a series of questions that we all took turns answering. They asked us about past work history and our experience in retail. They also asked us about our personalities and stuff like that. They gave us about 3 different scenarios that you may encounter in the store and how you would handle it. They also asked about how we would deal with stressful and fast paced situations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Clifton, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Group Interview. There was about 9 people that showed up but only 3 were chosen. They do a group interview because they expect you to interact with customers, so they have to make sure to can socially interact with other people properly. Yet working at 0541 will mostly require you to clean and pick merchandise off the floor and put it where it belongs 700 million times.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Interview process was very easy, it was during a job fair so after we passed the background check we were basically hired immediately. Hired as seasonal during November then was kept for part time sales associate.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if multiple customers wanted your help at once?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Woodbury, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

I went to the customer service desk, and they told me where to wait for the interview. It was a group interview with 5 other girls. The assistant manager had us fill out a packet of forms before we started the interview. He first had us say our names and why we chose Kohl's. Then he asked us several more questions that I had been prepared for because of this site! We went around the table taking turns answering the same questions, but he started first with different people so it was fair. After that he called me back first to talk one on one with him. He just basically asked if I had any questions, what department I would like to work in and why, and if I would be able to handle the business of weekends. I would say dress up business. I kept smiling and made eye contact with the interviewer and with whoever was talking. This was my first interview ever, but it went really well because I was prepared, well dressed, and appeared confident and professional during the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your name, and why did you choose Kohl's? 2. Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone. 3. What would you do if you saw a customer stealing? 4. Tell me about a time when you were late to work or an appointment. 5. Explain a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. 6. What would you do if a customer had a question about a different department that wasn't part of your responsibility?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Roseville, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Multiple applicants were interviewed simultaneously. Very casual, joking atmosphere. Interviewees wore a range of outfits from casual jeans and t-shirts to business casual to business formal. Interviewed with the sales manager. One interview and then received a phone call asking if still interested in the position. Told to come to orientation. At the interview was asked about availability but at the time of accepting the position neither the number of hours or approximate schedule were discussed. Upon arriving at the orientation was handed a schedule starting the next day to work 8 out of the 10 next days. Had to go back in later to work out the schedule around previous commitments made before there was a job offer.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with the store manager. At the end of the interview he told me that he was doing interviews so he can find a replacement for the seasonals and he was doing interviews that whole week. I never heard from Kohls after that. I know he was telling the truth because he had an interview before and after me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Merced, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Ok it was a group interview there was 6 of us interviewing. We sat in a room the chairs where in a halfway circle position and the interviewer was at the end on her desk. We were each asked the same question. A different person going first each time. It was kind of mer racking because I remember her asking a question that mostly everyone had the same answer to. Don't try to overpower someone try to be as different as possible. A lot of the people getting interviewed where very nice, they didn't have much experience but the better you answer the question the better you will be off. Also I noticed when she asked the questions, many of the people didn't complete their sentences. Complete your sentences! Smile a lot ! And keep good posture try to add personality in your answer. Also when they ask "tell me about yourself" don't tell them what u do for fun or where you were born. They really want to know about your "professional/work"

Interview Questions

• What is your name? And tell me a little about yourself   Answer Question
    • If you saw an employee doing something unethical, how would u come about?   Answer Question
    • What are your views on missing work and being late? Was is an excusable and inexcusable reason?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have only been as far as the background check, it takes 2-3 days for it to come back. I'll keep you guys wih a heads up

Sale Associate Interview

Interview

very quick and friendy, no pressure at all. My question were like...why do you think you can be a good sale associate, what does a good sale associate should have? Did you shopping at Kohl's before

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on an online job board, submitted my resume and application. The next day, my local Kohls called me to set up a time for a interview. Attended the group interview, which went well, and we were told they would do a background check and then call us to let us know. In about a week's time, I received the call back and was offered a position and set up a time to come in for orientation!