Kohl's Sales Associate Interview Questions

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Silverdale, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online about a month later I applied again by accident. I got a call about a week later stating that they were holding interviews at 1 pm that next day. I dressed buisness casual and showed about 20 mins early. It was a group interview. We all went in and sat at a table. The lady was extremely nice and she asked us maybe 5 questions and we each had to answer them. They weren't hard at all. And then she through a "Kohls" question at us at the end. After we answered the questions she left the room and had a man come in, he asked us to tell him about our selves. I stated a couple facts about myself and why I wanted to work in retail. I'm a shy girl and I told him I know I may seem shy but I'm actually pretty outgoing. He said that's what he likes. So even though I seemed shy I made sure he knew I could be out going. After we talked to him he left and the hiring manager came back and said she was gonna call us back to talk to us one on one in order of the applications she asked on girl to go back, about 5 minutes later she came back and said "Were offering you a job at kohls!". I assume they brought the girl back to let her down in private. We filled out paperwork, got told that we would get called after the background check went through. Then I'll start the orientation process.

Interview Questions
  • If you had 15 minutes to spend with anyone, who would it be?   View Answer
They offer 9.35 an hour, and a good amount of hours. They expect you to work on Thanksgiving no excuses or if ands or buts about it. If you can't you'll be terminated.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Sale's Associate Interview

I applied on Snagajob, and got called within the week. I went in for an interview, and got a second interview with the store manager right away. They called me a few days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too difficult, but there were some duplicates between the two interviews so it was hard to come up with a new answer to the same question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Industry, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's.

Don't even remember when I applied. Got a call to come in for an interview, only available time was the next day, so I went. They didn't tell me to bring anything, but I decided to bring my resume anyways (and damn good I brought it because interviewer asked for it). I dressed up pretty formal, slacks, shirt, tie, dress shoes. First thing that happened was I went to the back of the store to customer service. Lady at the desk told me to sign in and fill out a form in the break room. Went inside, filled it out, waiting for more people to show up (i was expecting it to be a group interview). After about 20 minutes, someone came in the room and called my name. I was pretty surprised, but at the same time, pretty happy because I knew it was going to be a 1 on 1 interview. The man who interviewed me was the HR Manager, I believe, really nice guy. Fairly easy interview process. He went over my resume, asked me about everything that was on there, to know more about me. Then, we moved on to more situational questions. What would you do if you saw another employee stealing? What would you do if a customer needed help in a different department? Easy stuff, just prepare and you'll do fine. Remember to always smile, you're trying to get a customer service job, act like one. After he was done asking me questions, he told me that he still had some more interviewees to go, but he liked me and wanted to hire me on the spot. I accepted, and he asked which department I'd like to work. They only had a couple available and I chose one. Then, filled out some more standard paperwork. Said my goodbye's, and he told me that I would get a call in a day about my orientation date. Got a call within one hour confirming my orientation in exactly one week's time. Great interview process. Easy interview process. All you gotta do is prepare, smile, and be personable.

no negotiation, min wage, which was about a little over 9 bucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

I applied online and was sent an email within 2 days. Was scheduled for a group interview a week later. I went in early & they had me fill out an application in the break room. They asked about availability and said they would call within 2 weeks since they had more interviews later on that day. Today is day one.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when there was a conflict & how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Basic run on the mill questions. If they are hiring you'll get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2014.

I applied online through Snagajob.com and received a call back for an interview within 16 hours.

The Kohl's where I live is somewhat remote, so I ended up getting a one on one interview rather than a group interview. The whole process was very easy. First, I received my phone call on Tuesday telling me to come in at 9:00am on Thursday and speak with the Customer Service desk, which I did when the time came. Then, the Store Manager came and asked me to follow her to her office where I was asked about 5 or 6 very easy questions. I believe the first was something along the lines of "Tell me about yourself". I responded saying "Well, i'm so and so and i've lived here my entire life. I'm currently looking for a place where I can work hard and apply myself.". The second was about my hobbies, "What do you like to do in your spare time?". I told her that I "Love to listen to any time of music as well as riding my bicycle when I get the chance.". Next she asked about my future plans, "What goals do you have for the future?". I said that I would "Be going to college either this year or next and getting a degree in Computer Science.". Then there was one customer situation question. "Do you think the customer is always right?". This question caught me off guard slightly, but I responded with "I believe the customer is always right, but with some exceptions. For example, if they were stealing." She seemed pretty happy with that answer. The the final questions were about any previous experience I had, my availability and where in the store I would like to work. As for the questions I asked her at the end, I asked what the uniforms were like and when I could hear back from her. Uniforms are anything business casual, and she said I could expect a call back by the end of next week.

Overall, it was very easy. Despite only spending about two hours rehearsing, it went very well. It was that simple. The manager was nice and easy to talk to. I didn't bring a resume with me, however she didn't ask for one, so it all worked out in the end. Good luck anyone reading!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's.

I filled out an application in the store. Manager met with me while I was there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were put into a difficult situation. How did you handle it? What would you have done differently? How would you apply what you learned in that situation to working for this company.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Phone call, group interview, and hired

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2014.

I applied online through snagajob.com. A few weeks later, I was contacted to come in for an interview. I arrived about 10 minutes early, and was given paperwork to fill out (work history, consent to do a background check, and availability). There was already a man sitting there, filling out his paperwork and waiting for an interview. After a woman had just come out of her interview, the man was taken back to do his interview. As I was sitting there waiting, another girl came in and starting filling out her paperwork for an interview. The interview was 1 on 1 and very straightforward. The interviewer asked me to tell a little bit about myself, why I left my last job (I'm assuming that they call previous employers), why I want to work for Kohl's, do you believe that the customer is always right, do you like to multitask or work on a single task at a time, describe a time when you provided exceptional customer service, would you feel comfortable soliciting credit. At the end of the interview she verified my availability and said they would contact me in a few days after they made a decision. I came out of my interview and there were 3 other people waiting to be called back for their interview. I feel fairly confident about my interview, but I'm a little unsure because there were so many applicants. My interview was 2 days ago, so I haven't heard anything back yet.

Interview Questions
    • I was caught off guard whenever they asked if I felt comfortable soliciting credit because I applied for a sales associate position, not cashier. Apparently sales associates are only required to get two people per month to sign up for a Kohl's card.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Kohl's.

Although I was expecting a group interview because that is usually Kohl's default interviewing process, it ended up being a 15 minute, one-on-one interview and I was hired on the spot. The questions asked were exactly the questions you would find by searching "Kohl's interview questions" on the internet. Just doing research on the company and their interviewing process helped to prepare me immensely. Make sure you familiarize yourself with their core values and incorporate them into your responses!

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any "trick" questions. Just do your research and you'll be more than prepared.   Answer Question

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!