Kohl's

Average Difficulty
64 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Shelby Township, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and about a week later was called in for an interview. First woman interviewed me and said she recognized me from my previous job, the sent in another woman to interview me and and we really hit it off. I got a call two hours later with a job offer.

Interview Question – Name a time when you took a risk...?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, dirt wages.

Wappingers Falls, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and they called me a day later. The interview was a group interview. There was myself and 5 other candidates. None of them were dressed in business casual like i was which was very off-putting. One man was wearing crocks with socks. If anything the other candidates were what made the interview so horrible. None of them were prepared, none dressed appropriately, none of them answered the interviewers questions very well, a lot of them would say "I agree with her" (NEVER say that, you need to make yourself seem unique even if you do agree try to put a twist on your answer). All in all, the interview was a disaster and was a terrible experience. I tried to go in with a positive attitude but really Kohl's is just lazy for not interviewing individually. I am currently working two job and was just hoping to swap one of my current ones with Kohl's. My availability was not very good and that ended up being why i didn't get the job. My advice would be to stand out the best that you can. Wear something fashion-forward, not something plain and unmemorable. Also, answer every question as honestly as possible, if you do get the job and that type of situation comes up in the interview it does not look so great for you. Plus most of the time the interviewer can tell if you are trying to make something up.Practice answering your interview questions either by yourself or have someone ask you them and try to answer them on the fly. Yesterday i got a job offer for a supervisor position with another company so i am not too upset about this interview not going well. So if you don't get the job don't be discouraged! Something will come. Good luck everyone!

Interview Question – None, all were very basic interview questions. Literally google "basic interview questions" and those are what were asked. Such as "name a difficult situation and how you dealt with it.", "name a time you got frustrated." "name a time you had a conflict at work with either a fellow employee or a customer". "what would you do if you caught a fellow employee stealing?" and so on. Very basic.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, 2 days later I got an email from the HR department asking for an in person interview. After putting in my 2 week notice at my old job I was able to start immediately.

Interview Question – Name a time when you felt you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate, but I was offered sliiiiightly above minimum wage

Cerritos, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied and was called for an interview. I did one group interview with maybe 3 questions and got hired. After getting hired, there was a drug screening and background test. I came in and gave my information to the manager and was working within a few days.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. it was a pretty standard interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't find a need to negotiate.

Sales Floor Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

Interview Details – When I was interviewed (in 2011) it was a group interview. Not sure if that's changed. Hiring process fairly easy, training is all done on the computer and then you're kinda thrown into shadowing for about 2 days. POS training is about 2 hours long. It's easy to pick up on though so don't be afraid to just jump in and ask questions!

Interview Question – "Why should we hire you?"   View Answer

Sales Floor Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – I submitted an online resume and was called for an interview within a few days. It was a group interview. It began with us filling out applications even though we had already filled them out online. Then the interviewer went around asking each of the 4 applicants typical interview questions.

Interview Question – What would your last employer say is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through snag a job.com They called me 3 weeks later for a phone interview. The next week I went in for a second interview. This was a group interview with 2 people. More people where suppose to show up but didn't. It was very simple, they only asked about 8 questions. Right after the interview they told me I got the job.

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you where late for something? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I got a voicemail from Kohl's the day after I applied online, called back as soon as I could, and of course the hiring manager wasn't working at that time. 2 days and 4 calls later and I finally got ahold of her and set up my interview. I'd been researching Kohl's interview questions on glassdoor and expected a group interview. I felt prepared to ace it. I got to the store 20 minutes early, expecting to fill out paperwork like many other applicants had mentioned. There was no paperwork. I stood around for 50 minutes waiting for my interviewer, but it was okay because I really wanted the job. Finally, my interviewer got me and brought me back to her office. I'm pretty sure I nailed every question because I recognized them all from glassdoor and had time to study them! At the end of the interview, she pulled out some paperwork and handed me a pen and asked me which department I preferred to work in, to which I responded "wherever you see fit for me." She suggested juniors and intimates. Then she said, "You're 17, right?" I can't believe I went through that whole process without realizing you have to be 17 to work at Kohl's. I'm 16 and a half. So, to make it clear for my fellow young applicants, you have to be 17 to work at Kohl's. My interviewer was confused as to how I even got through the application process, considering I honestly answered I was 16. Weird. At least I know I would have had a good chance of being hired had I been 17.

Interview Question – What was something nice you did for someone else without being asked, be it in the workplace or in your personal life?   Answer Question

Succasunna, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied during the holiday season by just filling out an application that was sitting on a table in the front of the store. I handed it in at customer service and received a call within the next few weeks. I went in for a group interview, which included people for several different positions (POS, Recovery, Truck, etc) and we were all asked our names and what positions we wanted and to fill out some paperwork. And we went over store policies and some company policies and that was really it. I got a post-it note with my next shifts' hours on it, and that was basically considered my (paid) training. I started working very very soon after.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to overcome an obstacle for the sake of a task   View Answer

Sales Floor Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication involved going to the customer service counter and asking for the person who had contacted me initially. I found it strange that the person who contacted me wouldn't be interviewing me. So, I was given directions to the break area, where I sat down with a few other interviewees. About 30 minutes later, I was interviewed by one of the managers. Very standard questions for a retail environment. It seems that unless you already have retail experience, none of the questions would apply to you, so I would suggest for those who have never worked retail, to prepare alternative answers for questions about customer service and the like. The next day, I went in for a second interview in the same location. This time, I overheard employees grumbling about work. I was interviewed by a different manager who asked many of the same questions, and was creating a tally sheet while discussing them with me. She seemed distracted during the interview.

Interview Question – Questions range from how to deal with angry customers to express a time when you've enhanced the customer's experience.   Answer Question

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!