Kohl's Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.0

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied for the jobs on online. Part (2) was the personality test. A few days later I called in for a interview. I was advised they had other applicants and I would hear from the Hiring Manager at a later time. Two days later I was called with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why should we consider you as an associate?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 6-7 other people. Basic retail questions were asked, mostly about hypothetical situations while on the job. I tried to relate to what other people said as well. I quickly realized that if I could form a complete sentence I would get the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would do if you saw a co-worker being unethical.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. Everyone in the group was asked the same question. We were asked to mock sell an item to the interviewer. They mentioned they would have their answer within a week and they did.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an employee that steals?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Thursday. On Monday, got a call for an interview. Didn't require a resume. Show up and apparently it's a group interview. Sit with six other people and we go around and introduce ourselves. Assistant hiring manager asks a few questions. It was a little less nerve wracking starting off with more people. No work experience, but I did have volunteer experience. We're all sent out and called back in, one by one for further individual questioning. She asked a few more easy questions and that was that. Two days later, got a call with a job offering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Peoria, AZ).

Interview

One on one interview with the manager, felt like a conversation rather than an official interview. The management is really friendly and they're usually really desperate for people. It's best to know somebody who works there as that will speed up the process.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a busy, non-stop environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Hilliard, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Arrived 30 mins early in case there was paperwork (there wasn't). Called in a little later than scheduled with 5 other people. I suspected it would be a group interview from reading other interviews on here. The interviewer started w bringing us all to a back room and we all sat facing her. The interviewer took attendance then described the positions available as well as what each job was like. Then she went around asking first what job each of us were applying for. Then she asked questions starting w a diff person each time but going in the same order. After 6 questions confirmed our availabilities and answered any questions. The atmosphere was like "let's get through this" but not in a "I'm annoyed" way. Then she said we will know if we did or didn't get the job by Friday (today is Tuesday).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Had an group interview with about 9 other people's manger was great was a little scared at first, but everything was great told everyone they would give a call a day or two later and received a call the next day for a second interview

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service to you?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back about 2 weeks later. Arrived 15 mins early and had to fill out some paperwork. Went to the office and talked to the manager, he was very nice and understanding. Wanted to actually get to know me. Standard questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable soliciting credit?   Answer Question
    • Do like to multitasking or work on one thing at a time?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone you had a disagreement. What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What was your experience like the last time you shopped at kohl's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's (Chandler, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online, then they called me and we scheduled an interview. I went in and before the interview actually started, they had me fill out another application. I met the person who was going to interview me and we into his. He asked some basic questions and I had to fill out another application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kernersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Kernersville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

It was okay. It was a group thing.I'm waiting on a back ground check at the moment. I feel good about it. There were a lot of people in the interview. At the end they asked some people to leave and offered the remaining few a job pending a back ground check.