Kohl's Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.0

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied for the jobs on online. Part (2) was the personality test. A few days later I called in for a interview. I was advised they had other applicants and I would hear from the Hiring Manager at a later time. Two days later I was called with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why should we consider you as an associate?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's in August 2015.

Interview

I had an open interview, this is probably something they do often so get there 15min early like I did so the interviewer won't be worn out! Anyway, it was very positive, though I started a bit shaky, I pulled through. The hiring manager was very nice so, just make sure you are talking 50% of the time. I didn't have any work history so if you're like me you will have a giant whole in your app and interview, so make sure you instead have some type of volunteer experience to tell her/him about. I also think you should make them laugh at least once, these people are looking for associates who they can work with and be kind to customers so come out as outgoing and energetic as possible. Last but not least this is not just a time for someone to ask you questions! Besides, this is where you'll be spending your time and labor so you should ask 3-5 questions afterwards. Don't be afraid to write them down beforehand as managers love to see that you are taking part in YOUR interview and owning it. First ask a couple personal questions like "How long have you worked here" and, "What do you love about working here" then ask some questions you might have about the job as a whole like about the hourly pay, the scheduling, and then just nod, smile, and say "I accept!"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What do you look for in a manager? And what would you do to be a good sales associate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Berlin, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

Checked in and went to where the break room was.. I was given a sheet of paper to fill in my availability and then asked to go to the assistant manager's office. (It was no a group interview for me) Once there I was asked simply questions such as have I ever opened up credit applications for individuals and am I comfortable asking customers to take surverys, etc. Overall, it was a quick and easy interview.. It only took about 10-15 minutes and I was informed id hear about their decision 24-48 hours later..

Interview Questions

• What was one frustrating situation you have faced and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 6-7 other people. Basic retail questions were asked, mostly about hypothetical situations while on the job. I tried to relate to what other people said as well. I quickly realized that if I could form a complete sentence I would get the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would do if you saw a co-worker being unethical.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. Everyone in the group was asked the same question. We were asked to mock sell an item to the interviewer. They mentioned they would have their answer within a week and they did.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an employee that steals?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Thursday. On Monday, got a call for an interview. Didn't require a resume. Show up and apparently it's a group interview. Sit with six other people and we go around and introduce ourselves. Assistant hiring manager asks a few questions. It was a little less nerve wracking starting off with more people. No work experience, but I did have volunteer experience. We're all sent out and called back in, one by one for further individual questioning. She asked a few more easy questions and that was that. Two days later, got a call with a job offering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Peoria, AZ).

Interview

One on one interview with the manager, felt like a conversation rather than an official interview. The management is really friendly and they're usually really desperate for people. It's best to know somebody who works there as that will speed up the process.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a busy, non-stop environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Hilliard, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Arrived 30 mins early in case there was paperwork (there wasn't). Called in a little later than scheduled with 5 other people. I suspected it would be a group interview from reading other interviews on here. The interviewer started w bringing us all to a back room and we all sat facing her. The interviewer took attendance then described the positions available as well as what each job was like. Then she went around asking first what job each of us were applying for. Then she asked questions starting w a diff person each time but going in the same order. After 6 questions confirmed our availabilities and answered any questions. The atmosphere was like "let's get through this" but not in a "I'm annoyed" way. Then she said we will know if we did or didn't get the job by Friday (today is Tuesday).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Had an group interview with about 9 other people's manger was great was a little scared at first, but everything was great told everyone they would give a call a day or two later and received a call the next day for a second interview

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service to you?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back about 2 weeks later. Arrived 15 mins early and had to fill out some paperwork. Went to the office and talked to the manager, he was very nice and understanding. Wanted to actually get to know me. Standard questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable soliciting credit?   Answer Question
    • Do like to multitasking or work on one thing at a time?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone you had a disagreement. What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What was your experience like the last time you shopped at kohl's?   Answer Question