Kohl's Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.1

69 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Floor Associate Interview

This was for a new store. They had us in a group interview with about 15 people. They sat us in a room in a hotel with 2 managers I believe. They would ask a question and randomly ask one of us to answer the question. They would also present us scenarios and ask us for "a time when you exhibited" so and so. Be prepared to present a sales pitch for an in-store credit card.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I thought this was a joke. I applied online and was contacted within 24 hours. Went to a fairly simple sit down interview and literally up and left after I heard the starting pay was 7.55/hr.Was basically offered a job by simply applying.

I was looking for a little part-time gig for the holidays. I don't expect to get rich in a retail job, but minimum wage for a experience and a degree is pathetic. I answered some generic questions and when we got to the part on salary I literally laughed and said thank you, that'll be all and walked out.

Interview Questions
    • None. Tell me a time you gave great customer service... all the generic questions. For minimum wage, i dont know why they even bother   View Answer

The pay was terrible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

I applied online and about a week later was called in for an interview. First woman interviewed me and said she recognized me from my previous job, the sent in another woman to interview me and and we really hit it off. I got a call two hours later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, dirt wages.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

I had a friend tell me that the location was hiring and she told me to apply. I went in person and asked for an application. I filled it out and then my friend told me to take it to her assistant manager. I introduced myself and gave her the application thinking she wasn't going to have time to talk to me, but she did and the first thing she asked me was "What are your strengths?", and also "What does your availability look like?". She told me she would start interviewing in a couple of weeks since she was going on vacation and she would give me a call then. Almost a month passed and I still hadn't heard from her so I figured she didn't like me, but a few days ago I got a call asking if I could go in this morning for an interview and I said yes. I went in thinking I would get a group interview like most of the people on here said, and so I was really nervous, but it turns out it was 1 on 1. Throughout the entire time I felt comfortable and at ease. She wasn't cold and seemed very engaged in the interview. It took about 10 min and after she was done she told me she had already made her decision and that I was hired!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and what brought you to Kohl's?

What tasks did you enjoy doing at your previous employment and what was your least favorite thing to do?

How comfortable are you with selling a Kohl's charge card?

Tell me about a time in which you didn't get along with a coworker.

Which department would you feel more comfortable working in?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay rate begins at $9.05.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

The interview process was terrible. It is in group format and they ask you customer service scenario questions. Didn't like it at all. This company needs to reconsider their interviewing format. They also expect you to work different departments as well as register. Very understaffed. Not a good experience

Interview Questions
    • Customer service scenario questions. Wanted everyone to "jump in" to the conversation to answer interview questions   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

I submitted an online resume and was called for an interview within a few days. It was a group interview. It began with us filling out applications even though we had already filled them out online. Then the interviewer went around asking each of the 4 applicants typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would your last employer say is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Applied online, 2 days later I got an email from the HR department asking for an in person interview. After putting in my 2 week notice at my old job I was able to start immediately.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you felt you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate, but I was offered sliiiiightly above minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wappingers Falls, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wappingers Falls, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

I applied online and they called me a day later. The interview was a group interview. There was myself and 5 other candidates. None of them were dressed in business casual like i was which was very off-putting. One man was wearing crocks with socks. If anything the other candidates were what made the interview so horrible. None of them were prepared, none dressed appropriately, none of them answered the interviewers questions very well, a lot of them would say "I agree with her" (NEVER say that, you need to make yourself seem unique even if you do agree try to put a twist on your answer). All in all, the interview was a disaster and was a terrible experience. I tried to go in with a positive attitude but really Kohl's is just lazy for not interviewing individually. I am currently working two job and was just hoping to swap one of my current ones with Kohl's. My availability was not very good and that ended up being why i didn't get the job. My advice would be to stand out the best that you can. Wear something fashion-forward, not something plain and unmemorable. Also, answer every question as honestly as possible, if you do get the job and that type of situation comes up in the interview it does not look so great for you. Plus most of the time the interviewer can tell if you are trying to make something up.Practice answering your interview questions either by yourself or have someone ask you them and try to answer them on the fly. Yesterday i got a job offer for a supervisor position with another company so i am not too upset about this interview not going well. So if you don't get the job don't be discouraged! Something will come. Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions
    • None, all were very basic interview questions. Literally google "basic interview questions" and those are what were asked. Such as "name a difficult situation and how you dealt with it.", "name a time you got frustrated." "name a time you had a conflict at work with either a fellow employee or a customer". "what would you do if you caught a fellow employee stealing?" and so on. Very basic.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

I applied through snag a job.com They called me 3 weeks later for a phone interview. The next week I went in for a second interview. This was a group interview with 2 people. More people where suppose to show up but didn't. It was very simple, they only asked about 8 questions. Right after the interview they told me I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you where late for something? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Process was very simple, group interview with the standard questions. Talk alot and you will do fine, they look for the outgoing person i nthe group. It was a standard process, was told t ostay after the group left, manager told me about the position and the pay that was offered. I declined but overall was a good place.

Interview Questions
    • All were easy questions about previous work skills and what you expect from them.   Answer Question

Too low of pay