Kohl's

2.0

75 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's.

very child like, didn't even ask for my resume.
I filled out application and turned into store. Next day got a date for an interview. Went into the interview, I was smarter than the interviewer who is the store manager. Didn't ask pertinent questions.
Didn't offer anything about the store, the type of employee for the type of job being hired for. Hired and told to wait for Orientation date, which was 2 weeks later.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Sales Floor Associate Interview

It was a group interview, asked about four questions and one of them was 'who is your idol.' It was easy, I felt confident. She called me by my name the whole time.

I left after being the first one called back. She said she would contact me. I waited a week, nothing yet. So I called them. Turns out they told me if they didn't let me stay, I wasn't hired, but they'd 'keep me on file.'

What a bunch of bull, right?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

The day after I filled out the application, I was called in for an interview. When I got there I was asked to fill out a second application and give some additional information, then me and my group were called in to do a group interview. We were asked group questions and then given individual questions.Most were very typical of an interview (i.e. What does good customer service look like to you?) and then the interviewer invited questions about pay, raises, and scheduling, which was nice as I think many people feel uncomfortable asking about that in the initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw someone put putting merchandise in their bag?   View Answer

The pay was only 7.45 and hour and they wouldn't let me haggle for higher pay. They claimed they do raises but employees said the raises were a joke and basically just a cost-of-living adjustment.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

This was for a new store. They had us in a group interview with about 15 people. They sat us in a room in a hotel with 2 managers I believe. They would ask a question and randomly ask one of us to answer the question. They would also present us scenarios and ask us for "a time when you exhibited" so and so. Be prepared to present a sales pitch for an in-store credit card.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I thought this was a joke. I applied online and was contacted within 24 hours. Went to a fairly simple sit down interview and literally up and left after I heard the starting pay was 7.55/hr.Was basically offered a job by simply applying.

I was looking for a little part-time gig for the holidays. I don't expect to get rich in a retail job, but minimum wage for a experience and a degree is pathetic. I answered some generic questions and when we got to the part on salary I literally laughed and said thank you, that'll be all and walked out.

Interview Questions
    • None. Tell me a time you gave great customer service... all the generic questions. For minimum wage, i dont know why they even bother   View Answer

The pay was terrible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I applied online at snagajob for Part time/ Seasonal. 2 days later I got an Email saying they wanted me to attend a group interview. I was 30 minutes early so I was the first one there. 2 others arrived after me. We sat at this table and They actually just called us back one by one. I was first she asked me 3 questions pretty easy and I got the job! (:

9.00 pretty decent

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

I applied online and about a week later was called in for an interview. First woman interviewed me and said she recognized me from my previous job, the sent in another woman to interview me and and we really hit it off. I got a call two hours later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, dirt wages.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

I had a friend tell me that the location was hiring and she told me to apply. I went in person and asked for an application. I filled it out and then my friend told me to take it to her assistant manager. I introduced myself and gave her the application thinking she wasn't going to have time to talk to me, but she did and the first thing she asked me was "What are your strengths?", and also "What does your availability look like?". She told me she would start interviewing in a couple of weeks since she was going on vacation and she would give me a call then. Almost a month passed and I still hadn't heard from her so I figured she didn't like me, but a few days ago I got a call asking if I could go in this morning for an interview and I said yes. I went in thinking I would get a group interview like most of the people on here said, and so I was really nervous, but it turns out it was 1 on 1. Throughout the entire time I felt comfortable and at ease. She wasn't cold and seemed very engaged in the interview. It took about 10 min and after she was done she told me she had already made her decision and that I was hired!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and what brought you to Kohl's?

What tasks did you enjoy doing at your previous employment and what was your least favorite thing to do?

How comfortable are you with selling a Kohl's charge card?

Tell me about a time in which you didn't get along with a coworker.

Which department would you feel more comfortable working in?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay rate begins at $9.05.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

The interview process was terrible. It is in group format and they ask you customer service scenario questions. Didn't like it at all. This company needs to reconsider their interviewing format. They also expect you to work different departments as well as register. Very understaffed. Not a good experience

Interview Questions
    • Customer service scenario questions. Wanted everyone to "jump in" to the conversation to answer interview questions   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

I submitted an online resume and was called for an interview within a few days. It was a group interview. It began with us filling out applications even though we had already filled them out online. Then the interviewer went around asking each of the 4 applicants typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would your last employer say is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?   Answer Question