Kohl's

Average Difficulty
58 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Floor Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through snag a job.com They called me 3 weeks later for a phone interview. The next week I went in for a second interview. This was a group interview with 2 people. More people where suppose to show up but didn't. It was very simple, they only asked about 8 questions. Right after the interview they told me I got the job.

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you where late for something? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I got a voicemail from Kohl's the day after I applied online, called back as soon as I could, and of course the hiring manager wasn't working at that time. 2 days and 4 calls later and I finally got ahold of her and set up my interview. I'd been researching Kohl's interview questions on glassdoor and expected a group interview. I felt prepared to ace it. I got to the store 20 minutes early, expecting to fill out paperwork like many other applicants had mentioned. There was no paperwork. I stood around for 50 minutes waiting for my interviewer, but it was okay because I really wanted the job. Finally, my interviewer got me and brought me back to her office. I'm pretty sure I nailed every question because I recognized them all from glassdoor and had time to study them! At the end of the interview, she pulled out some paperwork and handed me a pen and asked me which department I preferred to work in, to which I responded "wherever you see fit for me." She suggested juniors and intimates. Then she said, "You're 17, right?" I can't believe I went through that whole process without realizing you have to be 17 to work at Kohl's. I'm 16 and a half. So, to make it clear for my fellow young applicants, you have to be 17 to work at Kohl's. My interviewer was confused as to how I even got through the application process, considering I honestly answered I was 16. Weird. At least I know I would have had a good chance of being hired had I been 17.

Interview Question – What was something nice you did for someone else without being asked, be it in the workplace or in your personal life?   Answer Question

Succasunna, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied during the holiday season by just filling out an application that was sitting on a table in the front of the store. I handed it in at customer service and received a call within the next few weeks. I went in for a group interview, which included people for several different positions (POS, Recovery, Truck, etc) and we were all asked our names and what positions we wanted and to fill out some paperwork. And we went over store policies and some company policies and that was really it. I got a post-it note with my next shifts' hours on it, and that was basically considered my (paid) training. I started working very very soon after.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to overcome an obstacle for the sake of a task   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Floor Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication involved going to the customer service counter and asking for the person who had contacted me initially. I found it strange that the person who contacted me wouldn't be interviewing me. So, I was given directions to the break area, where I sat down with a few other interviewees. About 30 minutes later, I was interviewed by one of the managers. Very standard questions for a retail environment. It seems that unless you already have retail experience, none of the questions would apply to you, so I would suggest for those who have never worked retail, to prepare alternative answers for questions about customer service and the like. The next day, I went in for a second interview in the same location. This time, I overheard employees grumbling about work. I was interviewed by a different manager who asked many of the same questions, and was creating a tally sheet while discussing them with me. She seemed distracted during the interview.

Interview Question – Questions range from how to deal with angry customers to express a time when you've enhanced the customer's experience.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Process was very simple, group interview with the standard questions. Talk alot and you will do fine, they look for the outgoing person i nthe group. It was a standard process, was told t ostay after the group left, manager told me about the position and the pay that was offered. I declined but overall was a good place.

Interview Question – All were easy questions about previous work skills and what you expect from them.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too low of pay

Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was just like any other. We went into the manager's office and small talk ensued. He asked about previous experience and when I could start. It took him the better part of a month to get back to me, which was uncalled for I think.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Westbrook, ME

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2012.

Interview Details – Simple review of my earlier years of retail experience. Asked what my expectations were.

Sales Floor Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Group Interview. Two managers interviewed roughly 10-12 people at the same time. Almost all interviewees were hired on the spot. All questions were fairly routine and easy.

Interview Question – There were no questions that were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Marana, AZ

I applied in-person and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – It was a group interview. They asked questions like: Is the customer always right? And, Tell me about a time when you were under pressure to get something done. They called me a week later and hired me.

Interview Question – Is the customer always right?   Answer Question

Sarasota, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

Interview Details – My interview and hiring process was handled very professionally. I was brought int o speak with one of the store managers. They were very prompt and I was impressed with their training, even for a part-time associate.

Interview Question – The interview was not as expected in a corporate environment. I had had previous retail experience and it was mostly focused on previous experience and my people skills.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kohl's

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's Sales Floor Associate interview questions and advice. All 58 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kohl's employees and interview candidates.