Kohl's

Getting the Interview

52 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Westbrook, ME

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2012.

Interview Details – Simple review of my earlier years of retail experience. Asked what my expectations were.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Floor Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Group Interview. Two managers interviewed roughly 10-12 people at the same time. Almost all interviewees were hired on the spot. All questions were fairly routine and easy.

Interview Question – There were no questions that were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Marana, AZ

I applied in-person and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – It was a group interview. They asked questions like: Is the customer always right? And, Tell me about a time when you were under pressure to get something done. They called me a week later and hired me.

Interview Question – Is the customer always right?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sarasota, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

Interview Details – My interview and hiring process was handled very professionally. I was brought int o speak with one of the store managers. They were very prompt and I was impressed with their training, even for a part-time associate.

Interview Question – The interview was not as expected in a corporate environment. I had had previous retail experience and it was mostly focused on previous experience and my people skills.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Got a call for a group interview - I arrived early, and they told me to wander around the store while waiting for the other candidates. Four other people showed up, and we were led to the back room. We sat around a table, and the two interviewers asked each of us the same question (with a different person answering first every time) - a total of maybe 6-8 questions. Then we filled out some lengthy paperwork, and they explained about the company and asked if we had any questions.

Interview Question – Fairly standard questions. "What's something you disliked about your previous job?"   View Answer

Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – I applied for this job online, got a phone call from the assistant manager. I was pleasantly surprised by the group interview. There were about 5 other people. The asst. manager would go around the room and ask basic questions - when was the last time you provided excellent customer service etc.

Interview Question – I don't think there were too many difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation it's retail.

Sales Floor Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Applied in person by turning in a paper application. Received a call to have a one-on-one interview with the store manager (which I'm aware that most Kohl's have group interviews). The interview went well and was rather easy and relaxed. Some of the interview questions were: why do you want to work at Kohls, describe a time when you went above and beyond for someone else, is the customer always right (yes they are), and they will most likely ask questions related to your previous work and experience. I was offered the job and accepted, and afterwards you go through orientation and training for your position and most likely how to use the cash register even if you didn't apply for POS associate.

Interview Question – Describe a time you were frustrated with someone and how you dealt with it (I can't remember exactly if it was asked about a co-worker, customer, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, start off at minimum wage.

Elk Grove, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on the 27th of September, received a call for a group interview on October 1st for 12:30. There were 3 other girls there. We waited for about 15 minutes then we went into the back room for our interview.

She asked us a few questions, then she asked for our resumes then she left for a few minutes. When she came back she told us that she would call us on Tuesday (October 8th) but she told me and two other girls to stay behind because she had some "questions" to ask us. Then she asked if we would be willing to do overnight, we all said yes. Then she told us we got the job. We then filled out a pre-employment packet (references, drug test agreement, background check).

I was a little nervous going in the but the other girls made me feel really comfortable. Just be confident and pray (if you believe in God) and you will be fine. I wrote notes from some of the questions on here for myself and so did another girl (she got the job also.) so just take some notes from here with you and you should be fine. :)

Talk a lot about your customer service experience and your experience helping customers!

& BRING YOUR RESUME!! the one girl that didn't bring her resume didn't get hired. So don't forget it!

I got called October 9th and told my orientation date and time.

Interview Question – (I'm going to list all the questions she asked)
1. tell me your name and talk about your employment history.
2. what makes a good work environment
3. Talk about a conflict with a customer
4. Describe a time when you had to cancel an appointment, how did you handle it.
5. How would feel about changing your priorities.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Woodridge, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Interview when I was hired was one on one. Now they are group interviews, so I really can't comment on that process.

Negotiation Details – Salary was not negotiable

Bourbonnais, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2013.

Interview Details – It was really simple. I applied online, and about a week later received a call to come in for an interview. It was a group interview with about eight other people. The next round was a one on one interview with a manager. It was really quick and only took ten minutes. At the end of the interview I was offered a position.

Interview Question – I would say that none of the questions are really unexpected, but since it's a group interview everyone had to answer the same question. Just make sure you stand out amongst the group. And NEVER say you don't know to a question. One guy did that three times in the interview. He didn't get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I started at minimum wage.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kohl's

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's Sales Floor Associate interview questions and advice. All 52 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kohl's employees and interview candidates.