Kohl's Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

65 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Habra, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

I had a friend tell me that the location was hiring and she told me to apply. I went in person and asked for an application. I filled it out and then my friend told me to take it to her assistant manager. I introduced myself and gave her the application thinking she wasn't going to have time to talk to me, but she did and the first thing she asked me was "What are your strengths?", and also "What does your availability look like?". She told me she would start interviewing in a couple of weeks since she was going on vacation and she would give me a call then. Almost a month passed and I still hadn't heard from her so I figured she didn't like me, but a few days ago I got a call asking if I could go in this morning for an interview and I said yes. I went in thinking I would get a group interview like most of the people on here said, and so I was really nervous, but it turns out it was 1 on 1. Throughout the entire time I felt comfortable and at ease. She wasn't cold and seemed very engaged in the interview. It took about 10 min and after she was done she told me she had already made her decision and that I was hired!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and what brought you to Kohl's?

What tasks did you enjoy doing at your previous employment and what was your least favorite thing to do?

How comfortable are you with selling a Kohl's charge card?

Tell me about a time in which you didn't get along with a coworker.

Which department would you feel more comfortable working in?
      Answer Question
No negotiation. Pay rate begins at $9.05.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shelby Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

I applied online and about a week later was called in for an interview. First woman interviewed me and said she recognized me from my previous job, the sent in another woman to interview me and and we really hit it off. I got a call two hours later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, dirt wages.

Anonymous Employee  in  Wappingers Falls, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Wappingers Falls, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

I applied online and they called me a day later. The interview was a group interview. There was myself and 5 other candidates. None of them were dressed in business casual like i was which was very off-putting. One man was wearing crocks with socks. If anything the other candidates were what made the interview so horrible. None of them were prepared, none dressed appropriately, none of them answered the interviewers questions very well, a lot of them would say "I agree with her" (NEVER say that, you need to make yourself seem unique even if you do agree try to put a twist on your answer). All in all, the interview was a disaster and was a terrible experience. I tried to go in with a positive attitude but really Kohl's is just lazy for not interviewing individually. I am currently working two job and was just hoping to swap one of my current ones with Kohl's. My availability was not very good and that ended up being why i didn't get the job. My advice would be to stand out the best that you can. Wear something fashion-forward, not something plain and unmemorable. Also, answer every question as honestly as possible, if you do get the job and that type of situation comes up in the interview it does not look so great for you. Plus most of the time the interviewer can tell if you are trying to make something up.Practice answering your interview questions either by yourself or have someone ask you them and try to answer them on the fly. Yesterday i got a job offer for a supervisor position with another company so i am not too upset about this interview not going well. So if you don't get the job don't be discouraged! Something will come. Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions
    • None, all were very basic interview questions. Literally google "basic interview questions" and those are what were asked. Such as "name a difficult situation and how you dealt with it.", "name a time you got frustrated." "name a time you had a conflict at work with either a fellow employee or a customer". "what would you do if you caught a fellow employee stealing?" and so on. Very basic.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Applied online, 2 days later I got an email from the HR department asking for an in person interview. After putting in my 2 week notice at my old job I was able to start immediately.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you felt you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate, but I was offered sliiiiightly above minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cerritos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

I applied and was called for an interview. I did one group interview with maybe 3 questions and got hired. After getting hired, there was a drug screening and background test. I came in and gave my information to the manager and was working within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. it was a pretty standard interview.   Answer Question
    I didn't find a need to negotiate.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

When I was interviewed (in 2011) it was a group interview. Not sure if that's changed. Hiring process fairly easy, training is all done on the computer and then you're kinda thrown into shadowing for about 2 days. POS training is about 2 hours long. It's easy to pick up on though so don't be afraid to just jump in and ask questions!

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kohl's.

I submitted an online resume and was called for an interview within a few days. It was a group interview. It began with us filling out applications even though we had already filled them out online. Then the interviewer went around asking each of the 4 applicants typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would your last employer say is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

I applied through snag a job.com They called me 3 weeks later for a phone interview. The next week I went in for a second interview. This was a group interview with 2 people. More people where suppose to show up but didn't. It was very simple, they only asked about 8 questions. Right after the interview they told me I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you where late for something? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

I got a voicemail from Kohl's the day after I applied online, called back as soon as I could, and of course the hiring manager wasn't working at that time. 2 days and 4 calls later and I finally got ahold of her and set up my interview. I'd been researching Kohl's interview questions on glassdoor and expected a group interview. I felt prepared to ace it. I got to the store 20 minutes early, expecting to fill out paperwork like many other applicants had mentioned. There was no paperwork. I stood around for 50 minutes waiting for my interviewer, but it was okay because I really wanted the job. Finally, my interviewer got me and brought me back to her office. I'm pretty sure I nailed every question because I recognized them all from glassdoor and had time to study them! At the end of the interview, she pulled out some paperwork and handed me a pen and asked me which department I preferred to work in, to which I responded "wherever you see fit for me." She suggested juniors and intimates. Then she said, "You're 17, right?" I can't believe I went through that whole process without realizing you have to be 17 to work at Kohl's. I'm 16 and a half. So, to make it clear for my fellow young applicants, you have to be 17 to work at Kohl's. My interviewer was confused as to how I even got through the application process, considering I honestly answered I was 16. Weird. At least I know I would have had a good chance of being hired had I been 17.

Interview Questions
    • What was something nice you did for someone else without being asked, be it in the workplace or in your personal life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Succasunna, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Succasunna, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2012.

I applied during the holiday season by just filling out an application that was sitting on a table in the front of the store. I handed it in at customer service and received a call within the next few weeks. I went in for a group interview, which included people for several different positions (POS, Recovery, Truck, etc) and we were all asked our names and what positions we wanted and to fill out some paperwork. And we went over store policies and some company policies and that was really it. I got a post-it note with my next shifts' hours on it, and that was basically considered my (paid) training. I started working very very soon after.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to overcome an obstacle for the sake of a task   View Answer

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!