Kohl's

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.0

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

I turned in my application in person and received a call the very next day to be part of a group interview. The process was very fast, within a week or two, I was hired. The group interview was six people and we were all asked general questions about what we would do in certain situations and if we had any prior retail experience. It was important to have your own answer and not to copy off of anyone else's replies. The ones that did that did not make it to the second stage of the interview. Like other experiences, the managers asked those whose paperwork needed further questioning to stay back, while the others were allowed to leave. Those that stayed made it to the next round. Then more paperwork was filled out regarding references and availability. Finally we were scheduled for orientation.

Interview Questions
  • "How did you handle dealing with an employee you didn't get along with?"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Process was very simple, group interview with the standard questions. Talk alot and you will do fine, they look for the outgoing person i nthe group. It was a standard process, was told t ostay after the group left, manager told me about the position and the pay that was offered. I declined but overall was a good place.

Interview Questions
    • All were easy questions about previous work skills and what you expect from them.   Answer Question

Too low of pay

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

I got a voicemail from Kohl's the day after I applied online, called back as soon as I could, and of course the hiring manager wasn't working at that time. 2 days and 4 calls later and I finally got ahold of her and set up my interview. I'd been researching Kohl's interview questions on glassdoor and expected a group interview. I felt prepared to ace it. I got to the store 20 minutes early, expecting to fill out paperwork like many other applicants had mentioned. There was no paperwork. I stood around for 50 minutes waiting for my interviewer, but it was okay because I really wanted the job. Finally, my interviewer got me and brought me back to her office. I'm pretty sure I nailed every question because I recognized them all from glassdoor and had time to study them! At the end of the interview, she pulled out some paperwork and handed me a pen and asked me which department I preferred to work in, to which I responded "wherever you see fit for me." She suggested juniors and intimates. Then she said, "You're 17, right?" I can't believe I went through that whole process without realizing you have to be 17 to work at Kohl's. I'm 16 and a half. So, to make it clear for my fellow young applicants, you have to be 17 to work at Kohl's. My interviewer was confused as to how I even got through the application process, considering I honestly answered I was 16. Weird. At least I know I would have had a good chance of being hired had I been 17.

Interview Questions
    • What was something nice you did for someone else without being asked, be it in the workplace or in your personal life?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2014.

Initial communication involved going to the customer service counter and asking for the person who had contacted me initially. I found it strange that the person who contacted me wouldn't be interviewing me. So, I was given directions to the break area, where I sat down with a few other interviewees. About 30 minutes later, I was interviewed by one of the managers. Very standard questions for a retail environment. It seems that unless you already have retail experience, none of the questions would apply to you, so I would suggest for those who have never worked retail, to prepare alternative answers for questions about customer service and the like. The next day, I went in for a second interview in the same location. This time, I overheard employees grumbling about work. I was interviewed by a different manager who asked many of the same questions, and was creating a tally sheet while discussing them with me. She seemed distracted during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions range from how to deal with angry customers to express a time when you've enhanced the customer's experience.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Group Interview. Two managers interviewed roughly 10-12 people at the same time. Almost all interviewees were hired on the spot. All questions were fairly routine and easy.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marana, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marana, AZ

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's.

It was a group interview. They asked questions like: Is the customer always right? And, Tell me about a time when you were under pressure to get something done. They called me a week later and hired me.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's.

Got a call for a group interview - I arrived early, and they told me to wander around the store while waiting for the other candidates. Four other people showed up, and we were led to the back room. We sat around a table, and the two interviewers asked each of us the same question (with a different person answering first every time) - a total of maybe 6-8 questions. Then we filled out some lengthy paperwork, and they explained about the company and asked if we had any questions.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard questions. "What's something you disliked about your previous job?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

I applied for this job online, got a phone call from the assistant manager. I was pleasantly surprised by the group interview. There were about 5 other people. The asst. manager would go around the room and ask basic questions - when was the last time you provided excellent customer service etc.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation it's retail.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's.

Applied in person by turning in a paper application. Received a call to have a one-on-one interview with the store manager (which I'm aware that most Kohl's have group interviews). The interview went well and was rather easy and relaxed. Some of the interview questions were: why do you want to work at Kohls, describe a time when you went above and beyond for someone else, is the customer always right (yes they are), and they will most likely ask questions related to your previous work and experience. I was offered the job and accepted, and afterwards you go through orientation and training for your position and most likely how to use the cash register even if you didn't apply for POS associate.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were frustrated with someone and how you dealt with it (I can't remember exactly if it was asked about a co-worker, customer, etc.)   Answer Question
    No negotiation, start off at minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2013.

I applied on the 27th of September, received a call for a group interview on October 1st for 12:30. There were 3 other girls there. We waited for about 15 minutes then we went into the back room for our interview.

She asked us a few questions, then she asked for our resumes then she left for a few minutes. When she came back she told us that she would call us on Tuesday (October 8th) but she told me and two other girls to stay behind because she had some "questions" to ask us. Then she asked if we would be willing to do overnight, we all said yes. Then she told us we got the job. We then filled out a pre-employment packet (references, drug test agreement, background check).

I was a little nervous going in the but the other girls made me feel really comfortable. Just be confident and pray (if you believe in God) and you will be fine. I wrote notes from some of the questions on here for myself and so did another girl (she got the job also.) so just take some notes from here with you and you should be fine. :)

Talk a lot about your customer service experience and your experience helping customers!

& BRING YOUR RESUME!! the one girl that didn't bring her resume didn't get hired. So don't forget it!

I got called October 9th and told my orientation date and time.

Interview Questions
    • (I'm going to list all the questions she asked)
      1. tell me your name and talk about your employment history.
      2. what makes a good work environment
      3. Talk about a conflict with a customer
      4. Describe a time when you had to cancel an appointment, how did you handle it.
      5. How would feel about changing your priorities.

Answer Question