Kohl's Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.1

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Kohl's.

Applied in person by turning in a paper application. Received a call to have a one-on-one interview with the store manager (which I'm aware that most Kohl's have group interviews). The interview went well and was rather easy and relaxed. Some of the interview questions were: why do you want to work at Kohls, describe a time when you went above and beyond for someone else, is the customer always right (yes they are), and they will most likely ask questions related to your previous work and experience. I was offered the job and accepted, and afterwards you go through orientation and training for your position and most likely how to use the cash register even if you didn't apply for POS associate.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you were frustrated with someone and how you dealt with it (I can't remember exactly if it was asked about a co-worker, customer, etc.)   Answer Question
No negotiation, start off at minimum wage.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elk Grove, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2013.

I applied on the 27th of September, received a call for a group interview on October 1st for 12:30. There were 3 other girls there. We waited for about 15 minutes then we went into the back room for our interview.

She asked us a few questions, then she asked for our resumes then she left for a few minutes. When she came back she told us that she would call us on Tuesday (October 8th) but she told me and two other girls to stay behind because she had some "questions" to ask us. Then she asked if we would be willing to do overnight, we all said yes. Then she told us we got the job. We then filled out a pre-employment packet (references, drug test agreement, background check).

I was a little nervous going in the but the other girls made me feel really comfortable. Just be confident and pray (if you believe in God) and you will be fine. I wrote notes from some of the questions on here for myself and so did another girl (she got the job also.) so just take some notes from here with you and you should be fine. :)

Talk a lot about your customer service experience and your experience helping customers!

& BRING YOUR RESUME!! the one girl that didn't bring her resume didn't get hired. So don't forget it!

I got called October 9th and told my orientation date and time.

Interview Questions
    • (I'm going to list all the questions she asked)
      1. tell me your name and talk about your employment history.
      2. what makes a good work environment
      3. Talk about a conflict with a customer
      4. Describe a time when you had to cancel an appointment, how did you handle it.
      5. How would feel about changing your priorities.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview when I was hired was one on one. Now they are group interviews, so I really can't comment on that process.

Salary was not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bourbonnais, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bourbonnais, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2013.

It was really simple. I applied online, and about a week later received a call to come in for an interview. It was a group interview with about eight other people. The next round was a one on one interview with a manager. It was really quick and only took ten minutes. At the end of the interview I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • I would say that none of the questions are really unexpected, but since it's a group interview everyone had to answer the same question. Just make sure you stand out amongst the group. And NEVER say you don't know to a question. One guy did that three times in the interview. He didn't get the job.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I started at minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elk Grove, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2013.

I applied online through snagajob. A few weeks later I get a phone call on a Sunday at 10:30am from their admin. She wanted me to come in for an interview the next day. I went to the interview, answered a few of the hiring manager's questions, filled out paperwork for a background check, references, drug test agreement, etc. I call them (because they apparently forgot to call me) a week later and they told me I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2013.

Group Interview. Pretty chill feeling all around, they ask questions and encourage everyone to answer. There was only five of us when I was interviewed (I hear another group had about 12 people). They ask scenario questions, why you want to work there, availability, etc. Basic questions. They asked a few of us to stay after it was done for "questions" and basically gave us a pre-employment packet. to fill out. A week later they called and offered a job and told me that my orientation would be the following day.
    Tip: Just be confident and try to relate whatever you are talking about to the job and you should be fine. Show that you are qualified and able to handle situations. Dress up too.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I was ever in situation where I wasn't getting along with someone or something similar to that and how I had addressed that situation.   View Answer
    No negotiation, basic minimum wage they told us at orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2009.

The management team may take up to 2 weeks to review a job application due to time and work constraints. Call backs and job interviews are scheduled only for applicants who meet job requirements.

Floor Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

Applied online and received a call about 2 weeks later to schedule an on-site interview. When I arrived the store managers were all in a meeting, so a I was interviewed by a supervisor. There was a sheet they went off of that had general questions that are asked to all potential candidates, with a rating system of how you answered. The interview was very easy, and very casual. I received a call 2 days later saying I had gotten the job, and set up orientation for 2 days after that. The questions relate to how you handle change, a time you had to deal with a difficult situation/customer, is the customer always right?, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

It was a group interview of about six women in the storage room. The manager asked questions and the assistant manager took notes on what we said the whole time. They asked basic questions like, Is the customer always right?, Name a time when you went above and beyond with your customer service, tell me a bit about yourself, why do you want to work here? They also wanted to know if we had any questions at the end of the interview, and I somewhat jokingly asked what they were looking for in an interviewee, which really broke the ice (better late than never I guess) and got everyone laughing. They said they were looking for someone with a positive attitude and really upbeat. I also asked how they handled really difficult situations in the store in reference to black friday because it was coming up soon. They left for about ten minutes to discuss and when they came back I was chosen along with three others to go to another room and were offered the job and filled out paperwork. I had done some significant scouring of Glassdoor before the interview so that I would know what kind of questions they would ask. I usually get really nervous and my mind goes blank. But this time I was totally prepared thanks to reading other people's interview comments on this site. There was only one question that I was asked that I had prepared for, but I fudged my way through it pretty well at that point.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult situation/customer? They asked twice in a different way each time which made it difficult when I only had one example in mind.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Only slightly more than minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2012.

Applied in person, received a phone call asking for an interview a week later. It was a group interview, one of 5 they were conducting that day. There were around 7 people in my group, and 3 didn't show up.