Kohl's Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.0

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

The interview was with a group of 9 or so people. The interviewer asked each person a question. Lasted about an hour and a half. The interview was a bit awkward as I was the only person under the age of 20. Interviewer asked questions about how is being positive important in the workplace and kind of showed favoritism toward one person.

Interview Questions

• Pretend that I am a customer. Try to sell me a Kohl's card.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I had one interview, I was out of high school. i applied for a seasonal position. They sat me in a big room with about 19 other people. a total of 20 of us interviewees. they paired us up in a group of 2 and had us interview the person next to us. It was very different.

Interview Questions

• Having to interview the person they assigned you to and then having to present that person with as much information that they told you.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Interview

Submitted application online was asked to come in for an interview about a week later. Came in for an interview and was told it would be a group interview. The manager showed up 15 minutes late griping about people showing up on time. He started off the interview with informing the group about how he would be firing 13 people. The group interview was extremely juvenile and it was clear he wanted to hire mostly young people to bully.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online through a Snagajob posting and received and email the same day offering me times/dates for an interview. I selected one and emailed back to confirm - was told to bring my social security card and drivers license to interview. Interview consisted of filling out paper application and talking with store manager.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I went on my interview literally the day after I handed in my application and was in and out in 10 minutes. The questions were very simple and mainly consisted on where i'd like to work within the store - an indicator that I had already gotten the job regardless of the questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question asked was what would I do in the situation of not having an item that a customer was looking for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Colorado Springs, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

Submitted application online the night before, was contacted the very next morning to set up in person interview at 12 noon that same day. I went to my interview about 20 minutes early, and waited for interviewer to call me. It was a one on one interview, not a group interview like i expected it to be from all the reviews i read. The interviewer was very nice and friendly, and asked me a few questions. Interview process itself was about 10 minutes, after the interview he took me to another room where i filled out some paperwork (background check, references, employers) and told me i was hired, i would be working men's and juniors department, and told me to come to orientation that same night at 6 and to bring my id, social security card, and voided check to get banking info for direct deposit. The whole process took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself...
      Why do you want to work for kohls?
      What position are you most interested in?
      Are you familiar with our kohls charge program and rewards?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly wage $ 8.05

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's (Laredo, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

It was done in a group, pretty basic questions nothing very hard. They asked us a question and each of us answered at a time. The whole process was very fast. The person in charge realyl needed to get things done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Killeen, TX).

Interview

very child like, didn't even ask for my resume.
    I filled out application and turned into store. Next day got a date for an interview. Went into the interview, I was smarter than the interviewer who is the store manager. Didn't ask pertinent questions.
    Didn't offer anything about the store, the type of employee for the type of job being hired for. Hired and told to wait for Orientation date, which was 2 weeks later.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Interview

It was a group interview, asked about four questions and one of them was 'who is your idol.' It was easy, I felt confident. She called me by my name the whole time.

I left after being the first one called back. She said she would contact me. I waited a week, nothing yet. So I called them. Turns out they told me if they didn't let me stay, I wasn't hired, but they'd 'keep me on file.'

What a bunch of bull, right?

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's (Fishers, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

The day after I filled out the application, I was called in for an interview. When I got there I was asked to fill out a second application and give some additional information, then me and my group were called in to do a group interview. We were asked group questions and then given individual questions.Most were very typical of an interview (i.e. What does good customer service look like to you?) and then the interviewer invited questions about pay, raises, and scheduling, which was nice as I think many people feel uncomfortable asking about that in the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone put putting merchandise in their bag?   1 Answer

The pay was only 7.45 and hour and they wouldn't let me haggle for higher pay. They claimed they do raises but employees said the raises were a joke and basically just a cost-of-living adjustment.