Kohl's

Getting the Interview

52 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Covington, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through snagajob.com and was called a week after submitting my application. I went in for a group interview, there were five of us altogeher. We were all asked the same questions and it was important not to say "same thing she said". At the end of the interview we filled out all the paperwork for our w-2's. A month went by and I hadn't heard anything more, then they finally called me back offering me a position to start the the next day.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult person, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating.

Laguna Niguel, CA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call right before the weekend to schedule an interview. Only two time to choose, 9am or 12pm. I appeared 10 minutes prior to the interview and was told to wait in a conference room located in the back of the store. By the time it was time to interview, there were a total of approx. 9 people applying for the job. The interview was conducted by the Store Manager. We all ranged in age from 18 to 50+ and everyone had significant retail to management experience. The Store Manager began asking questions and pointed to whomever was to answer. It was a simple process. I had already been offered a job at Walmart, so this was for curiousity and to better my interview skills. At the end, we were able to ask questions to the Store Manager. I found out the store was only looking to hire part-time workers at $8.30 per hour. This was the lowest pay out of all the places I applied. Additionally, there was great emphasis on the need to sell the Kohl's credit card to the customers. Management wanted to see at least 1-2 activations per day. At this point, I wasn't too interested in the position. The Store Manager left to discuss her results with an Assistant Manager who would be joining on the second round of interview questions. As far as I know, if you did make it past the second round, you are then offered employment and start filling out the paperwork...

Trumbull, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was a group interview of 15 people, there was two managers asking us simple questions. After the interview they gave us some paper work to fill out and told me they would call if my background check went through. After 3 days they called me back saying I got the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Kohls?   Answer Question

Carbondale, IL

Interview Details – It was a group of six people. Three was interviewing as family and friends recommendations so they went into a separate room which left me and two other people. The woman who was conducting the interview was very friendly and seemed like she really cared about what she was doing.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for a Sales Associate position. I was called THAT day for a group interview. It was a group of 8. They asked us all questions and we each answered several questions. Then, they interviewed each of us seperately. It took a few days to hear back and there was miscommunication on orientation and no mention of hourly rate of pay. I felt they were just too disorganized and I was very disappointed. So, I turned down the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to change your plans midstream.   Answer Question
  • Where and when have you received excellent customer service? Why was it so good?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Way too disorganized.

Pleasant Hill, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2011.

Interview Details – it was a group interview. and i was under so much pressure i really think they should interview one on one.
its mostly not fair to those who dont speak english well,

Very Easy Interview

Kernersville, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2009.

Interview Details – Kohl's now only accepts applications online and you can apply through their website. They contacted me after reviewing my application and a group interview was set up. In that interview, we were spoken to by an assistant manager who gave us a background of the store and a breakdown of how the store operates. We were then asked which departments or areas we were most interested in working in and what hours we preferred. I was called back probably about a week later with an offer. It was a pleasant and easy going atmosphere. Kohl's work attire is business casual, so that is how I would dress for the interview. The Kohl's workplace is very diverse and at my location we are all like a big family.

Interview Question – What offers might you suggest to the customer when closing a sales transaction?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was retail and at the time, I was hired in $.25 above minimum wage, which was better than the competitive stores.

Manitowoc, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on snagajob.com. There was a holiday fair. They called and asked if I was interested. There was a group interview. 13 people were in the interview.

Interview Question – How do you know a customer had a pleasant shopping experience?   View Answer

Toledo, OH

Interview Details – Taken into a room with me and about 5 others , asked a couple questions mostly concerning the kohls card then asked to use a random object and sell it to the person next to us, The interview was very akward seeing that you had to try to think of another answer to prevent just saying "oh what she said" . Group interviews are horrible

Raleigh, NC

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly easy. The first day was a group interview where she went around the circle and asked us questions like:

Why do you want to work for Kohl's?
Describe a time you had to face a challenge?
Describe a time you provided great customer service.

Then they pulled us aside and interviewed us 1:1 for like 10 mins. I was rescheduled for another 1:1 two days later. The guy I talked to was kind of awkward and asked me basically the same questions. I didn't get called back (I think my availability wasn't what they were looking for), but the process was simple enough.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kohl's