Kohl's

Average Difficulty
64 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Woodridge, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Interview when I was hired was one on one. Now they are group interviews, so I really can't comment on that process.

Negotiation Details – Salary was not negotiable

Bourbonnais, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2013.

Interview Details – It was really simple. I applied online, and about a week later received a call to come in for an interview. It was a group interview with about eight other people. The next round was a one on one interview with a manager. It was really quick and only took ten minutes. At the end of the interview I was offered a position.

Interview Question – I would say that none of the questions are really unexpected, but since it's a group interview everyone had to answer the same question. Just make sure you stand out amongst the group. And NEVER say you don't know to a question. One guy did that three times in the interview. He didn't get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I started at minimum wage.

Elk Grove, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through snagajob. A few weeks later I get a phone call on a Sunday at 10:30am from their admin. She wanted me to come in for an interview the next day. I went to the interview, answered a few of the hiring manager's questions, filled out paperwork for a background check, references, drug test agreement, etc. I call them (because they apparently forgot to call me) a week later and they told me I got the job.

Interview Question – How do you deal with frustration?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2013.

Interview Details – Group Interview. Pretty chill feeling all around, they ask questions and encourage everyone to answer. There was only five of us when I was interviewed (I hear another group had about 12 people). They ask scenario questions, why you want to work there, availability, etc. Basic questions. They asked a few of us to stay after it was done for "questions" and basically gave us a pre-employment packet. to fill out. A week later they called and offered a job and told me that my orientation would be the following day.
Tip: Just be confident and try to relate whatever you are talking about to the job and you should be fine. Show that you are qualified and able to handle situations. Dress up too.

Interview Question – They asked if I was ever in situation where I wasn't getting along with someone or something similar to that and how I had addressed that situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, basic minimum wage they told us at orientation.

Eden Prairie, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2009.

Interview Details – The management team may take up to 2 weeks to review a job application due to time and work constraints. Call backs and job interviews are scheduled only for applicants who meet job requirements.

Interview Question – What is your availability?   View Answer

Floor Sales Associate Interview

Floor Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call about 2 weeks later to schedule an on-site interview. When I arrived the store managers were all in a meeting, so a I was interviewed by a supervisor. There was a sheet they went off of that had general questions that are asked to all potential candidates, with a rating system of how you answered. The interview was very easy, and very casual. I received a call 2 days later saying I had gotten the job, and set up orientation for 2 days after that. The questions relate to how you handle change, a time you had to deal with a difficult situation/customer, is the customer always right?, etc.

Interview Question – Very common questions, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Springfield, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

Interview Details – It was a group interview of about six women in the storage room. The manager asked questions and the assistant manager took notes on what we said the whole time. They asked basic questions like, Is the customer always right?, Name a time when you went above and beyond with your customer service, tell me a bit about yourself, why do you want to work here? They also wanted to know if we had any questions at the end of the interview, and I somewhat jokingly asked what they were looking for in an interviewee, which really broke the ice (better late than never I guess) and got everyone laughing. They said they were looking for someone with a positive attitude and really upbeat. I also asked how they handled really difficult situations in the store in reference to black friday because it was coming up soon. They left for about ten minutes to discuss and when they came back I was chosen along with three others to go to another room and were offered the job and filled out paperwork. I had done some significant scouring of Glassdoor before the interview so that I would know what kind of questions they would ask. I usually get really nervous and my mind goes blank. But this time I was totally prepared thanks to reading other people's interview comments on this site. There was only one question that I was asked that I had prepared for, but I fudged my way through it pretty well at that point.

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult situation/customer? They asked twice in a different way each time which made it difficult when I only had one example in mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Only slightly more than minimum wage.

Fresno, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied in person, received a phone call asking for an interview a week later. It was a group interview, one of 5 they were conducting that day. There were around 7 people in my group, and 3 didn't show up.

Interview Questions

Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Applied online, then came in for an in-store interview. I was interviewed by one of the managers- the questions were pretty basic and straightforward.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to solve an unexpected problem.   Answer Question

Hi-Nella, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2012.

Interview Details – They took a group of us into the back room, where they went around asking the same questions to everyone. It was a tedious process where they asked basic boring questions like describe a great work environment.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had to do something you didn't want to do? or something along those lines.   Answer Question