Kohl's

Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.2

Seasonal Material Handler/Replenishment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

The interview was easy. Just a lot of yes or no questions to be honest. I saw a lot of people get hired and some not just because of availability reasons or they couldn't lift 50+ pounds. After I got interviewed, I went with a large group to another room and did a drug test and filled out some paperwork. Afterwards, we all got our orientation dates and times.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Like I said, a lot of yes or no questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I would recommend either getting a second job to help or not quitting a current job if you are to accept the offer. When I started, since I'm only seasonal, I only have been getting 2 days a week to work.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Easy interview. It was a group interview, I dressed in a polo shirt and some black jeans. Asked basic questions on experiences and what not. The next week, I was called for a job offer, and accepted

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when there was an unexpected problem at work and how did you deal with it. It was only difficult since this was my first job.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Starting wage is 11.00

Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2012.

Applied online. After a week I called their HR department. They told me to come in for interview. Interview was in group format, A few days after interview got phone call to come in for drug test(swab). I started a few days later. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2010.

I applied online for, full-time permanent employment, and was called within two days and told to come for an interview the next afternoon. It was the day before Thanksgiving so they were in a rush and only offered one of two time slots. I arrived for the interview 30 minutes early, and was told to wait to be called. My interviewer came out with my resume and took me into a room. He went through the entire resume and asked several questions about my previous experience and why I wanted to work for Kohl's. About 40 minutes into the interview he decided to tell me that I was actually interviewing for part-time temporary employment, and that there was no real possibility of being hired on as a permanent employee. We both decided that the commitment to relocate was not worth a job that would only last 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to work for Kohl's?   View Answer