Kohl's

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ocala, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2012.

Interview Details – To apply, you have to fill out an application on snagajob. I received a call to come in for a group interview. 4 of us sat with the store manager answering a variety of questions. We each took turns answering the same questions, which I found to be redundant because for the most part, everyone answered the same as the first who answered. After passing this interview, you meet with the Assistant Manager, in a private interview, with similar questions. If they feel you're a potential, your references will be called. A few days later, they invite you in for an Orientation, which is considered your first day. There you will fill out paperwork, watch a video and have a quick run thru of the store.

Interview Question – What should be the result of an employee who steals from the store?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation... Only take the position if you're willing to work minimum hours for a very low pay.

Seasonal Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, was contacted by phone, and set up a group interview appointment for the next day. There were six applicants and two interviewers, who told us to pair up and interview each other for a bit, then each of us would stand up and tell them why they should hire the person we interviewed. I assume this was something of a sales test.

Interview Question – Tell us why we should hire the individual you interviewed.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was in a interview with 11 other applicants. Everyone was asked the same questions. Interview was easy and we also watched a video about the company. They look for upbeat and friendly personalities. At the end of the interview they asked us to apply for a kohls charge if we did not already have one.. At the store I worked at the managers and my co-workers were very friendly. I was hired for POS basically a cashier. Their motto is the customer is always right .As a cashier you are expected to get customers to apply for a Kohls charge . They are really big on pushing the charge card. If you are a seasonal associate and want a lot of hours be very flexible with your schedule. The hours per week can be low like 10 hrs a week but the closer to Christmas the more hours you will get. I would say if you want to be asked to stay on after the holidays open as many new charge accounts as you can. Get customer's email addresses and be very flexible and willing to work almost any shift . Also be very friendly, helpful and customer oriented.

Interview Questions

• If you saw another employee or customer stealing, what would you do? Would you go up and confront them.   Answer Question
  • Explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer ...   Answer Question

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!