Kohl's

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2013.

Interview Details – The questions were pretty much standard for any job. What is your background, what in your background prepares you for this job, what would you do in particular situations (like customer can't find what he/she is looking for, customer wants a discount that isn't available.) There were a few questions about dealing with difficult people and how you have resolved those kinds of situations in the past.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where there was conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call an hour later for a group interview the next day. there were 4 other girls and it was very simple basic questions and lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2011.

Interview Details – 8-10 people are brought in and interviewed as a group. The manager asks a question, and they go around the table and each person answers. It's very awkward.

Interview Question – Standard questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – My friend brought me an application. I filled it out. She took it back and the store manager called me that afternoon and set up an interview with the personnel manager the next day. She was very upbeat and engaging. The interview was mainly a chat about a former employee that the pm and I shared while I filled out paperwork.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Covington, LA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Interview Details – Basically they bring a group of people into a room, and the group is asked various questions. It is a nice and inviting experience.

Interview Question – Really just general questions about customer service, people in general, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. We were told this is the salary take it or leave it.

Sanford, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – I applied online and got emailed back about a week later by the supervisor. I ended up coming into the store that Tuesday for my interview, which was a group interview with the supervisor and manager. They ended up only keeping two of us out of around 8 candidates. We filled out the paper work right after.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied. Got an email for the interview date and time. Dress code business casual. Went in and waiting in a room with 3 other people. Filled out a lot of paper work and then qas filed in an office and was taken in a seperate room one by one.

Interviewer never properly introduced ones self.

Also currently have been hired for more than a week. Haven't work for an hour yet.

Negotiation Details – None.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on snagajob. Got a call in 5 days. Group interview, enough easy and relaxed. In several days got an offer. I think almost all in my group have been hired.

Interview Question – All typical: avaliability, team work, so on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Minimal wage.

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online at snagajob. The first time I failed the personality test but I just applied again and said that I loved working in teams or whatever and got through. They called me in for an interview. It was a group interview and we all went around the circle and answered in turn. Fortunately I had read glass door before I came in and had prepared answers in advance. I tried to always add something- never just say I think the same as what she said when last in line.

Interview Question – Tell about a time you gave great customer service.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Group Interview

Interview Question – All basic questions on customer service and behavioral   Answer Question

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!