Kohl's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.1

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Group interview. Took turns answering the same questions. Everyone just tried one upping each other. It didn't seem like a serious interview, more like just getting to know everyone. Awkward at first, especially if you're uncomfortable talking in front of others.

No negotiation process

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in December 2014.

It was a group interview. The hiring manager took the three of us in and asked each of us in turn different questions relevant to our personal experience. She had to duck out for a moment to attend to a situation in the store, leaving the three of us applicants to chat, but other than that the entire interview went without a hitch.

Interview Questions
    • I know this is your first job, but hypothetically, how would you respond to a customer when you don't know the answer to their questions?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online and two weeks later they called me for an interview. It was a group interview of 6 and I believe 4 out of 6 were hired. The questions were all pretty basic.. and two days later I received an offer.

*you must consent to drug test*

Interview Questions: Do you agree with the statement "the customer is always right?" How do you feel about being late to work and/or is it acceptable? Tell me about a time you worked for a stressful job and what did you do to help? Have you ever had an employee not follow the rules and if so what did you do to stop it? ... i'm not sure what the others were but I know one was like what do you do to keep structure in the workplace.

Interview Questions
    • no questions were difficult, but I wasn't told it was a group interview so just be prepared   Answer Question
    I requested minimum wage on my app and was offered 5 cents over so that was nice.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Springfield, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Applied online about 2 months before kohl's contacted me for an interview. Set up an interview time, thought it was going to be one on one but it was a group interview with 7 other people. I was the only one dressed professionally, which I thought was odd. The interviewer asked all of us to fill out an availability form, then she checked them and went around the table were we had to talk about our retail experience. 2 of the people had to leave because they weren't over 18, felt bad for them because on the online application it stated that you had to be over 18 to apply so they should have been flagged from the start. After we said our experience the interviewer talked about the next step, basically we had to wait on an email to consent to a background check and whatnot. And that we were all hired if we passed. However I did not think the job would be minimum wage since it was seasonal, and usually seasonal jobs pay somewhat well. So I was disappointed about the rate, and that there would be no overtime whatsoever. The interview process was somewhat quick. As soon as you walked in though you were basically forced to open a kohls charge before you were brought back to the interview room.

Pay rate too low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I first applied online, and was then contacted w/in two weeks w/ an interview offer to come into store and interview w/ Upper Management. Went to one-on-one interview, and it ended up being w/ the store manager! Was then called w/ an employment offer w/in 72 hrs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

I applied Online. Then I called about several different times leaving a message for their Manager (my name, and contact number). About a month after applying HR called to schedule an interview. I wasn't sure if the interview was open or closed until I got there. The Interview was Open. We had two managers sit in one being the store and another being one of the assistant mangers who worked customer service. I was in a group of about 7 other people. Before the interview began they gave us information about their hiring process( they would email us the job offer with several forms attached for us to fill out, also are pay grade and if we were hired how our hours would be). Each manger asked a question and then called on each party to answer it. The questions were along the lines of what is your past experience, why do you want this job, name a time when...etc?. This was easy because it allowed me to expand on someone else's answer and compare it to my own before answering. After the interview immediately I got the E-mail. Within a week they scheduled me for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • If you catch an employee stealing from the store what should you do and what should be the consequences?   View Answer
    No Negotiation. Everything was as stated.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

First we had to fill out a basic job application. Then we had the group interview of about 7 people. We sat around a large table with the hiring manager who asked questions starting with a different person each time. It was a fun upbeat atmosphere. A couple of questions were about our personal Kohls experience- did we have a Kohls Card and did we have a Rewards Card. It seemed like he was trying to somewhat sell the people who didn't have a charge card on why they should get one. Other questions were I think trying to figure out our personality types - what type of tree would you be and why, for example. At the end he selected 2 of us to select team members from the group. Then each team had to "sell" something random from a group of objects on the table. Overall it wasn't a bad experience. There were several group interviews that day and I see the ad for positions at that particular store is still up, so I don't know how many people they need for one store, so it seems like they might be selecting maybe a few out the groups.

Interview Questions
    • What type of tree would you be and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little about yourself including if you have a Kohls card or Rewards card, a situation when you dealt with conflict and what you did to resolve it, and what position you would be most interested in at Kohls.   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

It is a group interview, so the interviewer asks one question and goes around the room to ask the same question. He does not always choose the same person to ask first, so be prepared to answer first at least once. The questions were relatively easy, mainly based on past experiences and different situations.

Interview Questions
    • What is great customer service?   Answer Question
    • Describe an overwhelming experience and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when your supervisor told you something you didn't agree with and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Kohl's and what are some qualities you think a Sales Associate needs to have?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Got a call soon after applying. Applied online, before asking for personal information, had to pass a presonality quiz. It was a group interview with 5 other people. Had to fill out a few forms then we were asked some questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I applied for the position on a Monday evening and on Tuesday afternoon they called to schedule an interview. The interview was very relaxed the hiring manager was friendly and straight forward. Their company is very customer service oriented so that was the main focus of my responses

I interviewed on Thursday the next Friday they called to offer employment. All in all good experience so far. I have orientation next week.

Interview Questions
    • How do you define customer service? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    Orientation on Thursday