Kohl's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.2

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Got a call soon after applying. Applied online, before asking for personal information, had to pass a presonality quiz. It was a group interview with 5 other people. Had to fill out a few forms then we were asked some questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online and got a call an hour later for a group interview the next day. there were 4 other girls and it was very simple basic questions and lasted about 30 minutes.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

My friend brought me an application. I filled it out. She took it back and the store manager called me that afternoon and set up an interview with the personnel manager the next day. She was very upbeat and engaging. The interview was mainly a chat about a former employee that the pm and I shared while I filled out paperwork.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online and got emailed back about a week later by the supervisor. I ended up coming into the store that Tuesday for my interview, which was a group interview with the supervisor and manager. They ended up only keeping two of us out of around 8 candidates. We filled out the paper work right after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Group Interview

Interview Questions
    • All basic questions on customer service and behavioral   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Applied online, received a phone call a week later from the manager. I went in for the interview the next day and it was a group interview, which was fine by me. It was about ten people altogether, each person took a turn answering a question, starting with a new person each time. They asked the usual "Why do you want to work here?" questions. After the interview they called us one by one to talk, four days later I received a letter saying I wasn't qualified to unpack clothes, stock shelves and clean the dressing rooms.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult questions for me were the behavioral ones about previous employers and co-workers because this was my first official interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

I filled out an application online through Snagajob and about a week later, I was called to schedule an interview the following Monday. I showed up for my 4 PM interview around 3:50 PM and waited around with about 7 other interviewees. The interviewer came out and got us exactly at 4 and we gathered around a large table in a room near the customer service desk. We went around the table, introducing ourselves. The way the questioning works is... the interviewer asks a question and the first three people answer. Then, he/she asks a different question and the second group of three people answer. This continues until each person has answered about 3 questions. Some of the questions my interviewer asked were: How would you describe a satisfied customer? Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker. What would you do if you saw a customer stealing an item? I was pretty nervous because I have never had an interview before and was not sure what to expect but apparently I did well because I got a call 8 days later to come in for orientation the next day. I took the job because I am a college student and I need a little income to pay for tuition.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to change your priorities suddenly.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation because it is a seasonal part-time position. The pay is $7.57 per hour. My manager said there will be 20 people hired to continue working for Kohl's after the holidays end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Basically they bring a group of people into a room, and the group is asked various questions. It is a nice and inviting experience.

Interview Questions
    • Really just general questions about customer service, people in general, etc.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations. We were told this is the salary take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Applied on snagajob. Got a call in 5 days. Group interview, enough easy and relaxed. In several days got an offer. I think almost all in my group have been hired.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Minimal wage.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Applied. Got an email for the interview date and time. Dress code business casual. Went in and waiting in a room with 3 other people. Filled out a lot of paper work and then qas filed in an office and was taken in a seperate room one by one.

Interviewer never properly introduced ones self.

Also currently have been hired for more than a week. Haven't work for an hour yet.

None.