Kohl's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.2

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

It is a group interview, so the interviewer asks one question and goes around the room to ask the same question. He does not always choose the same person to ask first, so be prepared to answer first at least once. The questions were relatively easy, mainly based on past experiences and different situations.

Interview Questions
  • What is great customer service?   Answer Question
  • Describe an overwhelming experience and how you handled it.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when your supervisor told you something you didn't agree with and what you did about it.   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work at Kohl's and what are some qualities you think a Sales Associate needs to have?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Got a call soon after applying. Applied online, before asking for personal information, had to pass a presonality quiz. It was a group interview with 5 other people. Had to fill out a few forms then we were asked some questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I applied for the position on a Monday evening and on Tuesday afternoon they called to schedule an interview. The interview was very relaxed the hiring manager was friendly and straight forward. Their company is very customer service oriented so that was the main focus of my responses

I interviewed on Thursday the next Friday they called to offer employment. All in all good experience so far. I have orientation next week.

Interview Questions
    • How do you define customer service? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    Orientation on Thursday

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

Group interview and if that goes well you receive an offer letter a couple of days later. Interview isn't hard at all. Store manager did most of the talking but it was a real laid back interview.

Negotiation possible

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I originally saw that a Kohl's nearby was hiring on snagajob. I submitted an application through the website, and was contacted about 2 days after the submission to set up a time to come in for a group interview. It was scheduled about a week after the Kohl's employer called me. That day, I came in and was directed to the customer service portion of the store. There I stood with about 5 other interviewees, waiting until the appointed group interview time. When the time came, a woman came out to direct us into a separate room that had a packet (application, consent to background check, consent to drug test) and a pen for each of us to fill out. We were told to fill everything out, and that she would check in a bit later. After time passed, and everyone filled and turned the information in to her, the hiring manager came in shortly after with the same women from earlier and the interview began. It started off with the two of them telling their story through the retail industry, basically what they were looking for in employees, and they emphasized that Kohl's is a company that is team oriented, and practices efficient customer service. The hiring manger would ask questions, and we would answer in any order we pleased. The woman from earlier would score your answer (I assume), while you answered. After the questions were over, the two left the room to discuss how the interview went, so we all sat in silence waiting until they returned. Once they did, they pulled one of the interviewees out to ask about availability, and returned into the room with the rest of us and closed the door. He then said that we all were "moving onto the next phase", and he then pulled each of us out (except for me) to talk about availability. The woman actually spoke to me about my availability, and we ended up tweaking a few days. The hiring manager told us we'd be contacted in about a week (via phone-call or email) after our background checks process to offer us a job. Overall, the interview was very casual and not as nerve-wracking as I expected. The hiring manager did his best to make us feel relaxed, since none of us had experienced a group interview before. The two of them were very friendly. Basically, if you stayed until the very end of the interview, you more than likely got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you arrived late to an appointment, and how did you deal with that situation.   View Answer
    No negotiation, but it's a few cents more than minimum wage in my state. I was told the wage during the job offer via phone call.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online and got a call an hour later for a group interview the next day. there were 4 other girls and it was very simple basic questions and lasted about 30 minutes.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

My friend brought me an application. I filled it out. She took it back and the store manager called me that afternoon and set up an interview with the personnel manager the next day. She was very upbeat and engaging. The interview was mainly a chat about a former employee that the pm and I shared while I filled out paperwork.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online and got emailed back about a week later by the supervisor. I ended up coming into the store that Tuesday for my interview, which was a group interview with the supervisor and manager. They ended up only keeping two of us out of around 8 candidates. We filled out the paper work right after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Group Interview

Interview Questions
    • All basic questions on customer service and behavioral   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Applied online, received a phone call a week later from the manager. I went in for the interview the next day and it was a group interview, which was fine by me. It was about ten people altogether, each person took a turn answering a question, starting with a new person each time. They asked the usual "Why do you want to work here?" questions. After the interview they called us one by one to talk, four days later I received a letter saying I wasn't qualified to unpack clothes, stock shelves and clean the dressing rooms.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult questions for me were the behavioral ones about previous employers and co-workers because this was my first official interview.   Answer Question