Kohl's

2.1

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

Applied through SnagAJob after i saw the position posted on indeed.com. Got a call two days later and set up an interview for the next day. Had a group interview which consisted of 8 people (including myself). The interviewer asked questions and you had to raise your hand if you wanted to answer. Try to answer as many questions as you can and try to raise your hand first because most likely someone else will say what you wanted to say and it will look like you're copying their answer. There were about 5 questions and after she asked them she went outside the room and said she would call us out One-by-One and tell us wether we got the job or not. She ended up hiring 5 of the 8 people there (including myself). Then we filled out paperwork and she told us we would be expecting a call for orientation next week. Best advice is just to answer as many questions and you can and dont just sit there not answering any because it will make you look quiet and like you dont care.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you did not attend a scheduled appointment?
    When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
    Name a time when you had to change your priorities suddenly?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

I filled out an application online through Snagajob and about a week later, I was called to schedule an interview the following Monday. I showed up for my 4 PM interview around 3:50 PM and waited around with about 7 other interviewees. The interviewer came out and got us exactly at 4 and we gathered around a large table in a room near the customer service desk. We went around the table, introducing ourselves. The way the questioning works is... the interviewer asks a question and the first three people answer. Then, he/she asks a different question and the second group of three people answer. This continues until each person has answered about 3 questions. Some of the questions my interviewer asked were: How would you describe a satisfied customer? Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker. What would you do if you saw a customer stealing an item? I was pretty nervous because I have never had an interview before and was not sure what to expect but apparently I did well because I got a call 8 days later to come in for orientation the next day. I took the job because I am a college student and I need a little income to pay for tuition.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to change your priorities suddenly.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation because it is a seasonal part-time position. The pay is $7.57 per hour. My manager said there will be 20 people hired to continue working for Kohl's after the holidays end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Applied on snagajob. Got a call in 5 days. Group interview, enough easy and relaxed. In several days got an offer. I think almost all in my group have been hired.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Minimal wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Basically they bring a group of people into a room, and the group is asked various questions. It is a nice and inviting experience.

Interview Questions
    • Really just general questions about customer service, people in general, etc.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations. We were told this is the salary take it or leave it.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

My friend brought me an application. I filled it out. She took it back and the store manager called me that afternoon and set up an interview with the personnel manager the next day. She was very upbeat and engaging. The interview was mainly a chat about a former employee that the pm and I shared while I filled out paperwork.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

This is my first job so I was quite nervous (i'M MAKING THIS REALLY DETAILED JUST IN CASE SOMEONE WANTS TO APPLY). I applied Oct. 1st but didn't get a call around the 23rd. Tbh I honestly forgot about Kohl's since I was applying at every store practically everyday. The interview was on Saturday the 25th. I came in the store to customer service and the woman there was so friendly. Apparently the guy that was interviewing me was a nice person so she kept laughing at me because I was so nervous and told me not to worry. When I went to the back room he had me fill out some papers which I thought was weird (At every other interview I went they never had me fill out papers) but I learned soon enough that that was for my background check and a list of things that goes on in the store and if I'm willing to do any of those things. When I was done filling out forms he came and sat down so we could start the interview. He started off by telling me how long he's been in retail and how long he's been at Kohl's. Then proceeded with the questions about myself. Out of all the interviews I've done with other companies (such as Dairy Queen, Subway, Target etc.) this was the easiest interview. He made some jokes so I wouldn't feel uncomfortable and it worked lol. At the end when he asked if there were any questions I had I started freaking out lol he actually answered all the questions I was planning on asking him during the interview so I just said no and he laughed and said it's okay. Questions that he asked will be down under along with the answer I gave. At the end of the interview he told me that I shouldn't worry cause he thought the interview went great and that someone would call me when my background check is finished. They called two days later saying that I passed and that orientation for new employees is the 2nd of Nov.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself   View Answer
    • Why do I want to work for Kohl's   View Answer
    • Name a time when someone frustrated you   View Answer
    • Do I have any problems with asking customers if they would like to sign up for a Kohl's charge card   View Answer
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for someone   View Answer
    He asked what would I like my pay to be and I just said minimum wage. I thought I have no right to negotiate since it would be my first job and minimum wage here in Washington is 9.32 so i absolutely had no problem lol

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Applied online about 2 months before kohl's contacted me for an interview. Set up an interview time, thought it was going to be one on one but it was a group interview with 7 other people. I was the only one dressed professionally, which I thought was odd. The interviewer asked all of us to fill out an availability form, then she checked them and went around the table were we had to talk about our retail experience. 2 of the people had to leave because they weren't over 18, felt bad for them because on the online application it stated that you had to be over 18 to apply so they should have been flagged from the start. After we said our experience the interviewer talked about the next step, basically we had to wait on an email to consent to a background check and whatnot. And that we were all hired if we passed. However I did not think the job would be minimum wage since it was seasonal, and usually seasonal jobs pay somewhat well. So I was disappointed about the rate, and that there would be no overtime whatsoever. The interview process was somewhat quick. As soon as you walked in though you were basically forced to open a kohls charge before you were brought back to the interview room.

Pay rate too low.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online and got a call an hour later for a group interview the next day. there were 4 other girls and it was very simple basic questions and lasted about 30 minutes.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I applied to the company for seasonal employment, I received a call two days later which shocked me because I always imagined it was nearly impossible for them to give me a call back since I have no experience and I have applied many times before but anyway it ended up being a group interview. I dressed very professional. There were 4 other people there with me and 3 were dressed in jeans and just looked very casual. I was very participant throughout the interview, I smiled and answered kindly and honest, while the others were being very shy and short but there was one lady who had said she had just got hired at another retail job and was just wanting to work with this company "to keep her busy" which made me kinda upset because I NEEDED this job and she was just looking fir busy work. They guy seemed to really like me but of course there were only so many positions to fill and there was more groups coming in but I believe I should have been hired because I was very active and the others answered shortly. I was highly disappointed. Not only that but he asked THREE questions, how can you even determine who to hire??? 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Why do you want to work here? 3. How long do you want to be here? Very unprofessional and he didn't ask us how we would react to certain situations or anything. A week later I received a The only reason I was not furious about the whole thing is that they had bunches of groups coming in, who more than likely had more experience than me but I feel like they knew that prior to me showing up because I put no experience on my application. It was a waste of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

I applied on Snagajob on Oct 27 , got a call back the next morning. And went for a group interview the 29th. I came 40 min early. I'm 18 so it's my first interview. I wore a cute blazer , my whole out fit was on point. But it was a really chill interview. We filled out all paperwork first . Then we interviewed we waited a minute or two. And we had the 2nd interview. And she reviewed all paper work . The only we would have to wait for is the background check. It's only been a week so I haven't heard anything. So keep your fingers crossed.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about your retail background.
      What department you want to work in.

Answer Question