Kohl's

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on snagajob. Got a call in 5 days. Group interview, enough easy and relaxed. In several days got an offer. I think almost all in my group have been hired.

Interview Question – All typical: avaliability, team work, so on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Minimal wage.

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – My friend brought me an application. I filled it out. She took it back and the store manager called me that afternoon and set up an interview with the personnel manager the next day. She was very upbeat and engaging. The interview was mainly a chat about a former employee that the pm and I shared while I filled out paperwork.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Murrieta, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through SnagAJob after i saw the position posted on indeed.com. Got a call two days later and set up an interview for the next day. Had a group interview which consisted of 8 people (including myself). The interviewer asked questions and you had to raise your hand if you wanted to answer. Try to answer as many questions as you can and try to raise your hand first because most likely someone else will say what you wanted to say and it will look like you're copying their answer. There were about 5 questions and after she asked them she went outside the room and said she would call us out One-by-One and tell us wether we got the job or not. She ended up hiring 5 of the 8 people there (including myself). Then we filled out paperwork and she told us we would be expecting a call for orientation next week. Best advice is just to answer as many questions and you can and dont just sit there not answering any because it will make you look quiet and like you dont care.

Interview Question – Name a time when you did not attend a scheduled appointment?
When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
Name a time when you had to change your priorities suddenly?
  Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call an hour later for a group interview the next day. there were 4 other girls and it was very simple basic questions and lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Covington, LA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Interview Details – Basically they bring a group of people into a room, and the group is asked various questions. It is a nice and inviting experience.

Interview Question – Really just general questions about customer service, people in general, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. We were told this is the salary take it or leave it.

Altamonte Springs, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online through Snagajob and about a week later, I was called to schedule an interview the following Monday. I showed up for my 4 PM interview around 3:50 PM and waited around with about 7 other interviewees. The interviewer came out and got us exactly at 4 and we gathered around a large table in a room near the customer service desk. We went around the table, introducing ourselves. The way the questioning works is... the interviewer asks a question and the first three people answer. Then, he/she asks a different question and the second group of three people answer. This continues until each person has answered about 3 questions. Some of the questions my interviewer asked were: How would you describe a satisfied customer? Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker. What would you do if you saw a customer stealing an item? I was pretty nervous because I have never had an interview before and was not sure what to expect but apparently I did well because I got a call 8 days later to come in for orientation the next day. I took the job because I am a college student and I need a little income to pay for tuition.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to change your priorities suddenly.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because it is a seasonal part-time position. The pay is $7.57 per hour. My manager said there will be 20 people hired to continue working for Kohl's after the holidays end.

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Group Interview

Interview Question – All basic questions on customer service and behavioral   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for a position at Kohls through snagajob.com, a few day later they called me for a group interview. The group interview consisted of 12 people, they asked us very simple questions. Everyone had to answer the question, and they randomly choose who starts answering. After the interview the interviewers left the room and talked for a few minutes. They came back, calling a few names and i was called. We went to another room to fill out paperwork for avilability, and the background check. The background check process only took a few days, and finally called me in for orientation which took place two days later!

Interview Questions

Woodbridge, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got called to set up an interview about a week later. It was a group interview, which thanks to this website, I was expecting. I didn't think I would like a group interview, but it was actually nice. The interviewer was really friendly and the atmosphere more relaxed. Some of the questions we answered as a group and some individually. It was very easy with no unexpected questions. They sent everybody home and called me with an offer about a week later. The woman was really nice and even put me in the department I asked for.

Interview Question – Describe a conflict you had at work and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pays $7.95 an hour.

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called a few days after by an HR person on a Sunday to set up an interview time for the Tuesday after that at 2 pm. They did not mention that it would be a group interview but I researched online before going to find that out. On the day of the interview, I arrived about 15 minutes early along with about 6 other people and waited about ten minutes for the interviewer. She showed up and led us back to a room with a big table that we all sat at. She introduced herself and explained that we would be going around answering the questions and starting with a different person each time. We were all asked the same questions and each person gave their own unique answers. After the interview, which took about 20 minutes or so, she handed all of us a packet of papers that asked for employment history, license and social security numbers, and references. She told us that we will hear back by Thursday either way and left. I received a phone call today, a little over a week after the interview, and was offered the position as a sales associate in the juniors, men's and misses department. The pay is quite low but I also have 2 other job offers as well so I will be working more than just that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you delivered great customer service?   Answer Question
  • Was there ever a time you had to miss an appointment?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you had to stop what you were doing and help someone.   Answer Question
  • How do you feel about soliciting for the Kohl's card?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever been recognized at school or work for an achievement?

What department would you prefer to be in?
      Answer Question

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!