Kohl's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Canton, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were probably around 20 people in the room. These interviews are honestly the worst. If you weren't asked something first, you'd often just end up repeating what the interviewee before you said. There were a lot of "yeah, pretty much everything so-and-so said" answers. Seemingly everyone attending the interview was hired despite that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Richland, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

I first applied online, and was then contacted w/in two weeks w/ an interview offer to come into store and interview w/ Upper Management. Went to one-on-one interview, and it ended up being w/ the store manager! Was then called w/ an employment offer w/in 72 hrs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Schaumburg, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview. The hiring manager took the three of us in and asked each of us in turn different questions relevant to our personal experience. She had to duck out for a moment to attend to a situation in the store, leaving the three of us applicants to chat, but other than that the entire interview went without a hitch.

Interview Questions

• I know this is your first job, but hypothetically, how would you respond to a customer when you don't know the answer to their questions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Group interview. Took turns answering the same questions. Everyone just tried one upping each other. It didn't seem like a serious interview, more like just getting to know everyone. Awkward at first, especially if you're uncomfortable talking in front of others.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation process

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

Interview

I applied to the company for seasonal employment, I received a call two days later which shocked me because I always imagined it was nearly impossible for them to give me a call back since I have no experience and I have applied many times before but anyway it ended up being a group interview. I dressed very professional. There were 4 other people there with me and 3 were dressed in jeans and just looked very casual. I was very participant throughout the interview, I smiled and answered kindly and honest, while the others were being very shy and short but there was one lady who had said she had just got hired at another retail job and was just wanting to work with this company "to keep her busy" which made me kinda upset because I NEEDED this job and she was just looking fir busy work. They guy seemed to really like me but of course there were only so many positions to fill and there was more groups coming in but I believe I should have been hired because I was very active and the others answered shortly. I was highly disappointed. Not only that but he asked THREE questions, how can you even determine who to hire??? 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Why do you want to work here? 3. How long do you want to be here? Very unprofessional and he didn't ask us how we would react to certain situations or anything. A week later I received a The only reason I was not furious about the whole thing is that they had bunches of groups coming in, who more than likely had more experience than me but I feel like they knew that prior to me showing up because I put no experience on my application. It was a waste of my time.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Interview

First we had to fill out a basic job application. Then we had the group interview of about 7 people. We sat around a large table with the hiring manager who asked questions starting with a different person each time. It was a fun upbeat atmosphere. A couple of questions were about our personal Kohls experience- did we have a Kohls Card and did we have a Rewards Card. It seemed like he was trying to somewhat sell the people who didn't have a charge card on why they should get one. Other questions were I think trying to figure out our personality types - what type of tree would you be and why, for example. At the end he selected 2 of us to select team members from the group. Then each team had to "sell" something random from a group of objects on the table. Overall it wasn't a bad experience. There were several group interviews that day and I see the ad for positions at that particular store is still up, so I don't know how many people they need for one store, so it seems like they might be selecting maybe a few out the groups.

Interview Questions

• What type of tree would you be and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little about yourself including if you have a Kohls card or Rewards card, a situation when you dealt with conflict and what you did to resolve it, and what position you would be most interested in at Kohls.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Dover, DE) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied Online. Then I called about several different times leaving a message for their Manager (my name, and contact number). About a month after applying HR called to schedule an interview. I wasn't sure if the interview was open or closed until I got there. The Interview was Open. We had two managers sit in one being the store and another being one of the assistant mangers who worked customer service. I was in a group of about 7 other people. Before the interview began they gave us information about their hiring process( they would email us the job offer with several forms attached for us to fill out, also are pay grade and if we were hired how our hours would be). Each manger asked a question and then called on each party to answer it. The questions were along the lines of what is your past experience, why do you want this job, name a time when...etc?. This was easy because it allowed me to expand on someone else's answer and compare it to my own before answering. After the interview immediately I got the E-mail. Within a week they scheduled me for orientation.

Interview Questions

• If you catch an employee stealing from the store what should you do and what should be the consequences?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Everything was as stated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Whitehall, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for two different stores. Gtoup interviews for both. The store at Whitehall, PA took the interview seriously while the other one in Easton, PA not so much. At the Whitehall store, we were asked to fill out the paperworks first, two people interviewed the group, asked questions one by one and gave enough time for everyone to answer and listened carefully. The whole process took about one and an half hour. In the Easton store, the manager interviewed the group himself and picked about 5 questions to ask and allowed each person to answer it within one or two sentences. We were asked to fill out the paperworks after the interview by someone else. The whole process took about 30 minutes. For the backgroud check, two of four references provided were called the next day after the interview. Was called a week after the interveiw for job offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had conflicts with others and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied online and two weeks later they called me for an interview. It was a group interview of 6 and I believe 4 out of 6 were hired. The questions were all pretty basic.. and two days later I received an offer.

*you must consent to drug test*

Interview Questions: Do you agree with the statement "the customer is always right?" How do you feel about being late to work and/or is it acceptable? Tell me about a time you worked for a stressful job and what did you do to help? Have you ever had an employee not follow the rules and if so what did you do to stop it? ... i'm not sure what the others were but I know one was like what do you do to keep structure in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• no questions were difficult, but I wasn't told it was a group interview so just be prepared   Answer Question

Negotiation

I requested minimum wage on my app and was offered 5 cents over so that was nice.

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Winston-Salem, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on Snagajob on Oct 27 , got a call back the next morning. And went for a group interview the 29th. I came 40 min early. I'm 18 so it's my first interview. I wore a cute blazer , my whole out fit was on point. But it was a really chill interview. We filled out all paperwork first . Then we interviewed we waited a minute or two. And we had the 2nd interview. And she reviewed all paper work . The only we would have to wait for is the background check. It's only been a week so I haven't heard anything. So keep your fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• Asked about your retail background.
      What department you want to work in.

Answer Question