Kohl's

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chula Vista, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2014.

Interview Details – Group interview than second interview with store manager

Interview Question – Basic customer questions   Answer Question

North Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on SnagAJob.com and was emailed about a group interview a week later. There were 11 other people there. 2 very friendly employees interviewed us. They went around the table asking questions and I answered 2. They asked the same exact questions that are on here. Make sure you make them laugh and be very very friendly. They said they would call within a week, but there were more experienced people so I'm sure they hired them.

Interview Questions

• How do you know when a customer is truly satisfied?   View Answer
  • What would you do if a customer needed help in a dept. you didn't work in?   Answer Question

D'Iberville, MS

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called in for an interview a week later. I arrived early and was dressed nicely. The interview went well and I am waiting to hear from them in a few days when my background check clears.

Interview Question – Describe an example of how you have given excellent customer service.   View Answer

Sacramento, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied two weeks ago through a Walk-In and got called in for a 'group interview.'

For half an hour I was in with four other candidates interviewed by a panel of five
who wrote whatever you answered down on a clipboard and graded it. They asked
each person questions like "How do you feel about credit card solicitation?" and
mainly situational questions on evaluating what your actions as to how you would
align them with their values. Each person was asked the same question.

After that we waited for them once they were finished in another room to come back
dismiss a few of us and keep others for certain reasons but really because they were
the ones hired and the ones dismissed were not hired. In the end they stated that
they would contact within two weeks if needed because they had more candidates to
interview as well possibly the chance for a second interview. Which never happened.

Group interviews are mainly short and do not give you much of a chance to show your
own enthusiasm except an easier chance for employers to narrow down what they see
valuable for their company quickly eliminating possible candidates. Chances to impress
the employer would be to come up with a different detailed and unique answer then the
one who answered it last that sets you apart from the others.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about credit solicitation?   View Answer
  • What would you do if you had to take the day off?   View Answer

Store Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2012.

Interview Details – Was called about two weeks after I applied for the second time on snag a job. Had a choice of two different days, and three different days to come in for a group interview.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Received another offer closer to home, and that paid a little bit better.

Store Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through snagajob.com, received an email from the store within a week asking me to choose a date for the interview. After I had chosen a specific day and time and told them I could definitely make it, they mentioned that it would be a group interview. Overall, it was an easy process. There were about 9-10 other people there, and they asked a question and went around the room so each person could answer. Very standard interview questions--"what would you do if..." It seemed like they were more interested in seeing how confident and outgoing and clear we were in responding, rather than looking for specific answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you define customer service, and what aspects of customer service are the most important?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if you caught an employee stealing?   Answer Question

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!