Kohl's Store Associate Interview Questions

2.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in April 2014.

Group interview than second interview with store manager

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in July 2013.

I applied on SnagAJob.com and was emailed about a group interview a week later. There were 11 other people there. 2 very friendly employees interviewed us. They went around the table asking questions and I answered 2. They asked the same exact questions that are on here. Make sure you make them laugh and be very very friendly. They said they would call within a week, but there were more experienced people so I'm sure they hired them.

Interview Questions
    • How do you know when a customer is truly satisfied?   View Answer
    • What would you do if a customer needed help in a dept. you didn't work in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in D'Iberville, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in D'Iberville, MS

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2013.

I applied online and was called in for an interview a week later. I arrived early and was dressed nicely. The interview went well and I am waiting to hear from them in a few days when my background check clears.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an example of how you have given excellent customer service.   View Answer

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's in July 2012.

Was called about two weeks after I applied for the second time on snag a job. Had a choice of two different days, and three different days to come in for a group interview.

Interview Questions

Received another offer closer to home, and that paid a little bit better.

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in April 2012.

Applied online through snagajob.com, received an email from the store within a week asking me to choose a date for the interview. After I had chosen a specific day and time and told them I could definitely make it, they mentioned that it would be a group interview. Overall, it was an easy process. There were about 9-10 other people there, and they asked a question and went around the room so each person could answer. Very standard interview questions--"what would you do if..." It seemed like they were more interested in seeing how confident and outgoing and clear we were in responding, rather than looking for specific answers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you define customer service, and what aspects of customer service are the most important?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you caught an employee stealing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2011.

I applied two weeks ago through a Walk-In and got called in for a 'group interview.'

For half an hour I was in with four other candidates interviewed by a panel of five
    who wrote whatever you answered down on a clipboard and graded it. They asked
    each person questions like "How do you feel about credit card solicitation?" and
    mainly situational questions on evaluating what your actions as to how you would
    align them with their values. Each person was asked the same question.

After that we waited for them once they were finished in another room to come back
    dismiss a few of us and keep others for certain reasons but really because they were
    the ones hired and the ones dismissed were not hired. In the end they stated that
    they would contact within two weeks if needed because they had more candidates to
    interview as well possibly the chance for a second interview. Which never happened.

Group interviews are mainly short and do not give you much of a chance to show your
    own enthusiasm except an easier chance for employers to narrow down what they see
    valuable for their company quickly eliminating possible candidates. Chances to impress
    the employer would be to come up with a different detailed and unique answer then the
    one who answered it last that sets you apart from the others.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about credit solicitation?   View Answer
    • What would you do if you had to take the day off?   View Answer