Kohl's

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Management Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2013.

Interview Details – Saw posting on school job board. Applied by sending cover letter and resume, was contacted two weeks later for an on-campus interview. Interview lasted 45 mins - very easy. General questions about retail, leadership experience, and interest in company. Interviewer was a current store manager at a nearby store. First interview went really well. Was contacted a week later for a group interview at a nearby store. Second interview was with three other students opposite three executives. Gave a case study, had time to analyze, find solution, and present. Then we had 2 personal one-on-one interviews with an executive which was more geared to how much you know about Kohl's culture, your experience, and basic behavioral interview questions.

Interview Question – All questions were easy....hardest one was What do you think of Kohl's culture?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Given internship terms and wage.

Store Management Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in February 2014.

Interview Details – met at a college fair and interviewed about 2 weeks later on campus. The lady was extremely young and didn't seem to know much about the company. Interview was pretty easy but tedious. The usual "tell me about a time when you…"

Interview Question – all of the questions were pretty basic situational questions. Tell me about a time when you had to mentor someone? Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what was the result of that mistake?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Kohl's

Interview Details – We did two thirty minute interviews and a case study

Interview Question – the questions were easy. situational   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – one of the interviewers told me my retail goals were unrealistic

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was about 3 interviews that asked all of the same behavioral questions. The questions posted on here are SPOT ON! Just work on them and memorize all your answers and you are guaranteed a job! They want to hear a lot about your leadership experiences and retail experiences if you have them! Any relation you can make to leadership is golden.

Interview Question – How would you effectively manage a group of people who have worked at your store longer than you have been alive?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The retail environment wasn't for me. I didn't really like working nights and weekends after receiving my college degree. I am really focused on a company who offers a great work life balance.

Very Easy Interview

Fresno, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2012.

Interview Details – One phone interview and then a final interview with the District Manager

Riverside, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in December 2012.

Interview Details – -Spoke to a College Recruiter at my university's job fair; received follow-up interview
-Interviewed with 1 store manager and 1 assistant store manager; received final interview at West Minster location
-Final interview included 4 rounds: individual interview, store walk-through, group interview/ presentation, Q&A session

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – My passion is not in retail. Will be working on the floor.

Store Management Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

Interview Details – Had to go through two interviews. First was a face to face and second was with a group of other students along with 5 interviewers. The group interview had a presentation we had to show the interviewers. After the group interview I had another one on one with the Regional District Manager for another interview.

Interview Question – What was your greatest achievement? Explain a time when you had a manager tell you to do something you didn't agree with and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question

Store Management Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – It began as a campus career fair where I then had an interview with a member from the HR department. I then moved on to the next round which consisted of 2 interviews with either District Managers or Store Managers. We then had to work on a group problem and work together to solve a problem that fit in with the current Kohl's strategies.

Interview Question – The group question tends to be very vague and you only have 5 minutes to present.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as it was an internship. If you do well in the internship there is the possibility of a full-time offer to become a manager in training.

Intern - Store Management Interview

Intern - Store Management

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Had an on-campus interview. It was incredibly easy, very conversational. It was not stressful at all and maybe only one situational question. After that, I was invited to go to Columbus to interview with 3 higher up people. There were three thirty minute interviews, hour long q & a, and a store tour. My advice would be to think of at least 50 questions to ask before hand. Throughout the four hours I was there, there were probably 1.5 hours of just me asking them questions. The process was not intimidating at all. Everyone was quite friendly. Communication was easy and great the entire time. I wasn't that interested until I had the three interviews and realized how great of a company they are.

Negotiation Details – Unsure whether or not I will negotiate. Compared to the average hourly wages I see online, my offer was less so I might negotiate.

Store Management Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – After contacting Kohl's through a college career fair, I had a series of 3 interviews. The first interview was done by a store manager at my college. My second and third interviews were about a week later. I was interviewed by a district manager, talent assistant, and two more store managers. (2 in each interview) All interviews were about 15 minutes long and asked mostly behavioral questions. Everyone was extremely friendly!

Interview Question – Talk about a time you had a problem with a manager and how you handled it.
What makes a great leader?
  Answer Question

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!