Kohl's Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.5

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Online is the prevailing link or referral. Phone screening, District interview then Regional. Questions directed around team building, results and experience. Trying hire through larger Universities and developing talent inhouse. Senior positions generally filled based on specific need. Interveiws are generally done in store locations and a relaxed Q&A is the typical experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions very direct and many concerning ability to develop team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Springfield, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Team interview, on top of two separate interviews with hiring managers. The questions were easy and the managers were very friendly. The team interview was tough because none of us knew anything about retail management or selling clothes. It was really just a case study and they wanted to see your leadership ability among the group.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself in retail in five years or in corporate management?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Phone interview was a little odd. Recruiter wanted names of others that she could recruit which didn't make sense. Online assessment included 20 math story problems that were irrelevant for the job.

Better offer came along.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Limited questions about me more interested in my prior employer

Negotiation

Stated desired salary and got it

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Athens, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

I received the opportunity to interview with Kohl's by attending an on-campus career fair. I spoke with one of the recruiters and she offered me an interview. I thought the interview went ok considering it was my first real interview. It was very laid back and conversational. I could have answered a few questions more thoroughly, but overall, I think the interviewer was pleased with my responses. Afterward, it took about two weeks for them to send a response. i did not get another interview, but it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell be one of the biggest mistakes you have ever made and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty in order to complete a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Palmdale, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by an assistant recruiter of the company and she conducted a telephone interview. After this initial interview ,I was passed on to the regional HR manager and the interview took one hour. Specific questions about leadership, promoting associates, difficult customer and employee problem solving, what methods were used to drive sales and merchandising were asked.

Interview Questions

• As I am a retail management professional for over 20 years, the question about where I see personal improvement possibilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2010.

Interview

Questions are all about People, Service, Credit and driving sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Nashua, NH) in May 2010.

Interview

great process...they got back to me quickly...very happy i chose to work for this company

Interview Questions

• they wanted to know specific numbers that i drove at previous company   Answer Question

Negotiation

normal

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Seattle, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter to set up an interview. It was a three step interview process that included two phone interviews with HR recruiters and one DM interview with general behavioral based questions. I knew going in to the interview that they didn't have immediate openings available but I have heard great things about the company from employees so I wanted to get the experience to meet with them. Everyone that I have dealt with was pleasant and it seems like a great place to work. Growth however is minimal until they expand further in our area.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your current job without a job in this economy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Houston, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Interviews are initiated by HR and recruiting departments. Once you're pre-qualified here you are sent to the DM for another interview usually done one on one. Sometimes the DM will include other SM's to assist in group interviewing process. Standard behavioral interviewing process is used and same questions referred to. As long as you can provide specific examples that relate to team building, soliciting credit and servicing customers to drive results, you're in. They eat that junk up...

Interview Questions

• Most impactful - Tell me about your most significant accomplishment .....   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, offers are thought out and managed through DM/RM and HR to be as fair and as competitive as possible.