Kohl's Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2014

2.7

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kohl's.

Phone interview was a little odd. Recruiter wanted names of others that she could recruit which didn't make sense. Online assessment included 20 math story problems that were irrelevant for the job.

Better offer came along.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Limited questions about me more interested in my prior employer

Stated desired salary and got it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in February 2012.

I received the opportunity to interview with Kohl's by attending an on-campus career fair. I spoke with one of the recruiters and she offered me an interview. I thought the interview went ok considering it was my first real interview. It was very laid back and conversational. I could have answered a few questions more thoroughly, but overall, I think the interviewer was pleased with my responses. Afterward, it took about two weeks for them to send a response. i did not get another interview, but it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell be one of the biggest mistakes you have ever made and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty in order to complete a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in July 2011.

I was contacted by an assistant recruiter of the company and she conducted a telephone interview.
    After this initial interview ,I was passed on to the regional HR manager and the interview took one hour.
    Specific questions about leadership, promoting associates, difficult customer and employee problem
    solving, what methods were used to drive sales and merchandising were asked.

Interview Questions
    • As I am a retail management professional for over 20 years, the question about where I see personal improvement possibilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in September 2010.

Questions are all about People, Service, Credit and driving sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2010.

great process...they got back to me quickly...very happy i chose to work for this company

Interview Questions
    • they wanted to know specific numbers that i drove at previous company   Answer Question
    normal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in January 2010.

Interviews are initiated by HR and recruiting departments. Once you're pre-qualified here you are sent to the DM for another interview usually done one on one. Sometimes the DM will include other SM's to assist in group interviewing process. Standard behavioral interviewing process is used and same questions referred to. As long as you can provide specific examples that relate to team building, soliciting credit and servicing customers to drive results, you're in. They eat that junk up...

Interview Questions
    • Most impactful - Tell me about your most significant accomplishment .....   View Answer
    No negotiations, offers are thought out and managed through DM/RM and HR to be as fair and as competitive as possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in January 2010.

I was contacted by the recruiter to set up an interview. It was a three step interview process that included two phone interviews with HR recruiters and one DM interview with general behavioral based questions. I knew going in to the interview that they didn't have immediate openings available but I have heard great things about the company from employees so I wanted to get the experience to meet with them. Everyone that I have dealt with was pleasant and it seems like a great place to work. Growth however is minimal until they expand further in our area.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your current job without a job in this economy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2009.

What would your Present boss say about you? They questioned all about financials like volume of previous stores, number of employees, number of assistant managers, sales numbers for day after Thanksgiving. Also wanted to know if you can handle non-performance problems with associates and managers. They asked mostly situational questions like what would you do if you ran out of an advertised item.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a bad decision and what happened.   View Answer
    When I was job offered I expressed disappointment in salary and the recruiter called me an hour later with an additional $4000 and I accepted at that point.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in April 2008.

I was first contacted and screened via telephone. Once that was completed I was set up for a one on noe intervirew with an HR rep that was doing interviews in my area at a local hotel. The interviewer was over one hour late. He seemed bored and not very personal. He suggested that I apply at other retailers. a total turn off due to how unprofessional the interview went. a total waste of time