Kohler Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI).

Interview

Long, protracted, slow.
    The process has too many steps, too many people, too many approvals after the fact.
    The people are good, smart, kind to animals and small children.
    The length of the interview phase should be a warning for how long it takes to get anything approved at Kohler. The company is generally risk averse and slow ... though usually eventually converges to the correct answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when ... [behavioral interviewing]   1 Answer

Ceramic Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohler in May 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview schedule request in two weeks after submitting the job application via job board. The recruiter was nice and no difficult questions. One week later I got a second round interview invitation which is about 30 minutes long through skype with hiring manager, supervisor and engineer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Kohler?
      2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a very thorough process. I met with approximately 15 people and got a tour of the factory and labs throughout this process. Every person that I talked to at Kohler was friendly and intelligent. I am rating this as a difficult process, but not in a negative way.

Interview Questions

• "Do you have any questions for us" (I got this a lot)   1 Answer

Co-op Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohler.

Interview

One Phone interview - Behavorial
    One onsite interview - technical and behavorial

First phone interview was conducted by HR. Was asked situation based questions. HR was very accomodating

On-site interview: 3 interviews were conducted one after the other with a panel of 2 managers each.
    It was intensive , and questions were mainly on resume

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly on :
      Resume
      Projects that were done
      Previous job experiences - what , and how

Answer Question

Human Resources Related Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI).

Interview

The hiring process is very lengthy. Dealt with two different recruiters, which was a bit confusing. Took 2.5 months to get through the initial recruiter screen, the hiring manager phone screen and one in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• An interview I had with an HR Manager was disappointing and not a positive experience. Actually asked me the question "Do you think you're smart?" At best, it's inappropriate, at worst, it's offensive & unprofessional. I was frankly shocked that an HR Manager would ask that type of question. This individual needs to go through interview training (or re-training). I have no idea what the point of that question would be. It was not a positive interview experience - at least with that person. Other interviews went fine - no unexpected questions. It's important for any company to realize that as much as you are interviewing someone, to remember that they are also interviewing your organization. Gracious experience? I don't think so.   Answer Question

Buyer NPD Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler.

Interview

Pretty good. Depends when you apply. sometimes it take a while, but other than that it was very quick for me. Always call back because they do interview with a lot of people. Also the process to accept people might take longer then excepted due to however many projects they have

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very difficult.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohler.

Interview

A phone interview with HR 2 weeks after application, It seems the HR had set of questions from hiring manager, not sure the HR understands engineering terms I talked about.

Invited for another phone interview with the hiring manager a week later. The interview was scheduled for an hour, but after 30 mins the interviewer ran out of questions. Most of the questions were experience based, nothing technically challenging. The conversion was very relaxed and even covered lots of things not related to the job like weather, family etc, but I am not sure the hiring manager has a deep and broad understanding of mechanical engineering.

The position was more of industrial engineer rather than mechanical engineer. Do not gave time for me to ask questions at the end which is unusual for an interview.

Safety Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohler.

Interview

Stayed on site at the Kohler owned hotel. That was nice. Spent the next 8 hours interviewing, except for an hour they set aside for me to walk through the Kohler Museum. Took all day. Looking back, if I wasn't fresh out of college looking for a big company job, I would have laughed at the process, ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Not sure, it was a while ago, but i remember at one point, probably hour 6, just totally zoning out during a conversation. Maybe that was me, but after 6 hours interviewing, I cut myself a break. I got the job, took it, and left 6 months later.   Answer Question

Machine Build Co Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email for a phone interview.Moved to Video Conference with HR and hiring manager. Didn't get any response for long time. Emailed HR and hiring manager to know the status.

Set Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

My interview with Kohler was a long process, but it was a positive experience. The first step was a phone interview with HR. After I passed through that round I had to take a Myers-Brigg type of personality test. I waited for a few weeks and then I got a call from someone else in HR. She was extremely nice, and set up an in person interview. The in person interview was long and lasted about three hours (1 hour for each person I met with).

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to date with design trends? How would you be a good fit for this position? What computer programs do you use? How willing are you to travel?   Answer Question