Kohler Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

Co-op Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohler.

Interview

One Phone interview - Behavorial
    One onsite interview - technical and behavorial

First phone interview was conducted by HR. Was asked situation based questions. HR was very accomodating

On-site interview: 3 interviews were conducted one after the other with a panel of 2 managers each.
    It was intensive , and questions were mainly on resume

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly on :
      Resume
      Projects that were done
      Previous job experiences - what , and how

Answer Question

Human Resources Related Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI).

Interview

The hiring process is very lengthy. Dealt with two different recruiters, which was a bit confusing. Took 2.5 months to get through the initial recruiter screen, the hiring manager phone screen and one in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• An interview I had with an HR Manager was disappointing and not a positive experience. Actually asked me the question "Do you think you're smart?" At best, it's inappropriate, at worst, it's offensive & unprofessional. I was frankly shocked that an HR Manager would ask that type of question. This individual needs to go through interview training (or re-training). I have no idea what the point of that question would be. It was not a positive interview experience - at least with that person. Other interviews went fine - no unexpected questions. It's important for any company to realize that as much as you are interviewing someone, to remember that they are also interviewing your organization. Gracious experience? I don't think so.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohler.

Interview

A phone interview with HR 2 weeks after application, It seems the HR had set of questions from hiring manager, not sure the HR understands engineering terms I talked about.

Invited for another phone interview with the hiring manager a week later. The interview was scheduled for an hour, but after 30 mins the interviewer ran out of questions. Most of the questions were experience based, nothing technically challenging. The conversion was very relaxed and even covered lots of things not related to the job like weather, family etc, but I am not sure the hiring manager has a deep and broad understanding of mechanical engineering.

The position was more of industrial engineer rather than mechanical engineer. Do not gave time for me to ask questions at the end which is unusual for an interview.

Buyer NPD Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler.

Interview

Pretty good. Depends when you apply. sometimes it take a while, but other than that it was very quick for me. Always call back because they do interview with a lot of people. Also the process to accept people might take longer then excepted due to however many projects they have

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very difficult.

Safety Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohler.

Interview

Stayed on site at the Kohler owned hotel. That was nice. Spent the next 8 hours interviewing, except for an hour they set aside for me to walk through the Kohler Museum. Took all day. Looking back, if I wasn't fresh out of college looking for a big company job, I would have laughed at the process, ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Not sure, it was a while ago, but i remember at one point, probably hour 6, just totally zoning out during a conversation. Maybe that was me, but after 6 hours interviewing, I cut myself a break. I got the job, took it, and left 6 months later.   Answer Question

Machine Build Co Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email for a phone interview.Moved to Video Conference with HR and hiring manager. Didn't get any response for long time. Emailed HR and hiring manager to know the status.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kohler in December 2014.

Interview

After a technical issue with a 3rd party search tool, I was recruited to apply for this role. The initial recruiter was great. It was the phone screen that was poor. The screener read directly from a document and had to type in my responses into a system. None of my questions relative to Kohler's human resources or its organization could be answered. Honestly, for a position at this level, the interviewers need to be either employees of the Kohler, or well versed in the knowledge of this company.

Interview Questions

• types of search media used and there outcome - not really too challenging   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohler in December 2014.

Interview

There's at least two rounds of interview.
    First was a phone interview with an outside HR rep. She was very friendly, easygoing and unassuming.
    Basic questions such as describe your internships, why Kohler, why this role, describe a time you had to work with someone difficult. Also asked about relocating and salary expectations.
    The second round is with the hiring manager, but I didn't make it.
    I had to follow up 3 weeks later with HR after not hearing back on the decision.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Kohler.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter and then moved to a phone screen and then complete stall. Had to reach out to recruiter to get updates and then finally moved to an onsite interview. The onsite interview was ran really well and met my expectations for a company of this stature. However, once the onsite interview was done it was another waiting period. Finally had to call the recruiter as I was being offered another role elsewhere and that seemed to do the trick. Received offer letter within a day of this conversation. All in, the process from first contact to start date was over five months.

Interview Questions

• No real hard questions, a lot of behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Had on-campus interview with 2 people. 30 minutes, behavioral. 3 weeks later i got an email about 2nd round phone interview. it was with one of the managers who would be a supervisor. It was about my resume and experiences. there was 1 or 2 technical questions. pretty easy. the next week got an email about another call with the same manager and the HR representative. They were calling to extend an offer but they wanted me to verbally accept the offer based on the overview she gave me (salary, stipend, bonus info.) I had to tell her to email it to me so I could have time to go over it. Which it seemed like they were unhappy about that but i told them I could get back to them in a week and a half and they said ok but a 5 days later they backed out of it and asked for a decision.

Interview Questions

Offer had no perks. no real relocation bonus. barely a housing stipend and in a very random location in the middle of nowhere.