Kohler

62 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohler in December 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with HR followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Hiring manager asked all the standard "tell me a time when" and "how did you handle" questions.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Kohler, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohler.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got a call from recruiter after bout 2 weeks. Asked general questions like why are you looking for a change in Job. There was no response for about 3 weeks. Then got a call from Kohler for a Phone Interview. Interview went well, but from the hiring manager, I understood the sill set in the Job advertised is different from what the hiring manager is looking for.

Interview Question – Regular questions about my skill set as it is phone interview   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager
Kohler, WI

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Kohler in March 2010.

Interview Details – This is by far the worst experience I have ever had for an interview process. This HR department is run really poorly and they add way too many layers to attract any serious employee. Months pass between first contact and follow up. A long series of tests that will stay with you for years if you do eventually get hired. Eventually a phone interview by an HR generalist who has no idea what the job entails. Just be detailed and talk over their heads and you will get by the phone interview. Second phone interview with somebody a little more informed. If that passes you will hear nothing for quite some time. Complete silence. Emails will not be returned. Suddenly months later you will be asked to come in for a face to face. There could be up to three of these. More silence. No communication. Then acceptance or a form letter saying you have not been chosen. Please keep in mind. This is how the company will treat you for years to come if you do work for them. Big name Kohler likes to rest on their name but they treat people very poorly. Keep this in mind. This HR department is a labyrinth of bureaucracy. They have nothing else to add to the company so the process suffers.

Interview Question – Nothing that isn't textbook. These people are not very knowledgeable about the actual position so they rely heavily on the basic textbook interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basically none. They have a slotted price range and they stick to it. You can probably talk them into more vacation though. That is the easiest route to success. Try to get as much as you can upfront because once you get in they have ceilings that prevent you from ever earning a whole lot more. Even as you move up, if you move up, the HR rulebook caps the amount of salary increase you can get unless it is approved by HVK. 99% of managers will not go that far for an employee so you are stuck with the salary range. I wish I knew this before I got hired.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Maintenacne Engineer, Training Interview

Maintenacne Engineer, Training
Kohler, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohler.

Interview Details – The application process is a bit cumbersome. They were faster to respond for me than some other reviewers have stated, but multistage process leaves you wondering where you stand at each step.
Initial phone interview was by a junior HR employee and very generic. No questions directly related to the position and he wasn't really able to answer questions about it.
In the online application, there's a box to check if you want an email telling you if you are removed from consideration. I was and there was no email.

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Kohler, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Kohler.

Interview Details – Called unexpectedly a long time after submitted application. Think this was a short "phone interview"/scan to make sure I didn't suck too bad. Explained personality test instructions. Took (very long) online assessment. Waited a week, Was invited for second round interviews which consisted of a 3 hour manufacturing plant tour (so exhausting in a suit), a networking lunch with your interviewers, an intelligence test, and then speed-dating style interview sessions with your 10-12 interviewers at 15 min each one. Needless to say, it's a long day.

Interview Question – What is something you are really bad at?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but quickly regretted that. The engineer interns made over $2 more per hour than the business interns.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Engineering Co-Op
Hattiesburg, MS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohler in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview on college campus. 30 minute time slot. 5 interviewers. Lots of typical interview questions, mostly behavioral questions. "Give us an example of a time in which you delivered excellent customer service."

They called me that night to offer me the job. They gave me a few weeks to think it over. Had me come down for drug screening, personality, and IQ tests.

I negotiated a start date wit my supervisor over the phone.

Interview Question – "Tell us a little bit about yourself."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Standard offer for given college class, plant location, department etc.

Purchasing Analyst Interview

Purchasing Analyst
Kohler, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kohler in July 2012.

Interview Details – As stated in other interview posts, their hiring process is very organized and laid out. They update you each step of the way whether you made it to the next level or not... kind of. I had a phone interview with an hr screener with typical questions about my past experience and what I know about the supply chain. I made it to the next level and they asked me to take a Caliper test (personality test). I took the test 6 weeks ago and have not heard back anything from them. My status still currently says "results pending." I tried calling their hotline two weeks after I took the test to ask how long this usually takes, but I talked to someone who could only tell me the same info as what my online status said. I'm not sure if they do this with other candidates, but for their hiring process to be this long and drawn out I'm sure they lost a lot of candidates along the way with people getting other job offers in the meantime. I know I did.

Interview Question – Please explain to me what you know about the supply chain.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Kohler, WI

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kohler in June 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiters are quick to answer questions; process is laid out upfront; best system I've seen.

Interview Question – I don't remember- it was very conversational which was nice.   View Answers (2)

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Portland, OR

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohler in May 2011.

Interview Details – Not pleased with the company. The interview search was conducted by a placement firm (placement firm was great and professional). Had two phone interviews + 1:1 interview all with placement firm. Then, I was told that my consideration was "put on hold" for some reason. I had been considered for similar position before and went through two phone interviews, was told that I was ideal for the role, took the Caliper assessment on line then it went silent- NOTHING! 2nd time around, disclosed prior situation and was told no record of incident and to continue then in the end, after the 3 interviews told my consideration was "on hold" for now. What kind of crap is that! How unprofessional of Kohler!! I will let everyone know my experience so they are aware...

Interview Questions

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer
Kohler, WI

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohler in November 2010.

Interview Details – Lengthy interview process