Kohler

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.8

Associate Accounting Analyst Interview

It is a rather long process, but it's worth it. They conducted the first interview at my school, arranged for my to take an online assessment, and then had me come to Kohler for a second interview. All of the people in HR are very friendly and talkative! The interviews go really smoothly!

Interview Questions
    • What's an example of a situation at work that you wish you could do over again?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler in October 2013.

First round is a simple phone interview, second and third rounds are both on-site ones. The phone interview is just 25 minutes, and the HR(normally) will go through your resume and ask such simple questions regarding your interns before and several project experience before.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know the cultural value of Kohler Company?   View Answer

Because it is a position especially set up for undergraduate students and mechs, and I am really an Industrial Engineer.

Engineer - Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohler in August 2013.

The HR executive had no clue about the position, why it was created, trainings offered, responsibilities, or anything remotely connected with the position I was interviewing for. How can someone be judged to be a good fit if the interviewer has no idea what is needed. I knew the outcome of the interview the moment the interviewer made doubly sure of my current salary and my expectations. Come on, no ons is going to work at a senior level for peanuts.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. But I would request the interviewer to be better prepared as a mark of respect to the candidate and for the sake of the company paying your salary.
      Additionally, I would request the company to mention what they intend to pay in their ad. This way no one will be wasting anyone's time.

View Answers (2)

Sales Coordinator/Administrative/Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Kohler.

Such a long process for all positions. I have been trying to get into Kohler for over 7 months because I'm trying to move to the area, with no avail. Have taken online caliper tests, had numerous phone interviews, an in-office Wunderlic test, a 3-person panel interview, 3 separate interviews in one day... and I come from out of state.

Thought I nailed every interview but about a month or 2 later I always get an automated email turning me down. The rejection is awful after putting in so much time and energy and the waiting for ANY word from ANYONE is as drawn out as possible. You need months of time for this process, so don't go quitting a job or turning down offers because of high hopes.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you know SAP?" "The current employee in this position seems to have a lot of free time - what would you do to occupy your downtime?"   View Answers (4)

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohler in July 2013.

I had applied online for a co-op position, but they decided to give me the opportunity to interview for an entry level position instead. The project manager (EE) contacted me via email and we set up a phone interview. It was a conference phone interview with an EE and ME. Phone interview went well and they decided to fly me out for an on site interview. HR contacted me to ask some general questions. Before I flew out, I was required to take an assessment test which was 2 hours long. On site interview consisted of two 1 on 1 interviews, a panel interview, interview over lunch and a plant tour. Everything went well and the people were nice, but I didn't feel like it was the right environment for me. Total process took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of how you would improve their systems.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kohler.

Phone interview, Mang interview, Screening, Drug teest

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kohler.

Hiring and Interview Process
    First. Online application submission
    Second. Extra information for online submission
    Third. Phone interview

The phone interview was easy and hard. They were asking strategical question. They ask me what was the reason why I want to leave my current job.

It also will help if you mention that you know six sigma. (Truly get your certification)

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important decision that you have taken in life?   View Answers (2)

Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler.

Applied online (on Sunday) and got emailed the very next day for a phone interview. Had a phone interview that week. Waited a while and finally got asked to take an online assessment. Waited about another two weeks and finally got asked to come for a series of in person interviews. I had 4 interviews back to back. Sat in a vacant office with dead flies on a desk. Interview questions were almost solely behavioral questions. Really just a bad experience waiting for weeks and weeks. The process is just way too long. There is no need for a phone interview, online assessment, 4 interviews AND a wonderlic test for an entry level job. This isn't NASA. Sent emails following the interviews and received no reply from anyone, not even a thank you or confirmation of receiving the email...just no response. I interviewed on Tuesday and I was told they were making a decision that week so I figured I would hear by the end of the week. Not a chance! It took two weeks to receive a computer generated email saying I didn't get the job (I was told I would be called either way). At one point, while waiting to hear back about getting an interview, I actually lost interest in the job. You can only hope for so long before you just don't care about a job anymore. Overall just a really poor experience. If you have an interview with Kohler and don't hear back don't worry they just take forever to contact people.

Interview Questions
    • None were really difficult. Just behavioral questions based on your experiences.   View Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler.

Applied online. Got a call from recruiter after bout 2 weeks. Asked general questions like why are you looking for a change in Job. There was no response for about 3 weeks. Then got a call from Kohler for a Phone Interview. Interview went well, but from the hiring manager, I understood the sill set in the Job advertised is different from what the hiring manager is looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Regular questions about my skill set as it is phone interview   View Answer

Maintenacne Engineer, Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohler.

The application process is a bit cumbersome. They were faster to respond for me than some other reviewers have stated, but multistage process leaves you wondering where you stand at each step.
    Initial phone interview was by a junior HR employee and very generic. No questions directly related to the position and he wasn't really able to answer questions about it.
    In the online application, there's a box to check if you want an email telling you if you are removed from consideration. I was and there was no email.