Kohler Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.8

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from recruiter after bout 2 weeks. Asked general questions like why are you looking for a change in Job. There was no response for about 3 weeks. Then got a call from Kohler for a Phone Interview. Interview went well, but from the hiring manager, I understood the sill set in the Job advertised is different from what the hiring manager is looking for.

Interview Questions

• Regular questions about my skill set as it is phone interview   1 Answer

Maintenacne Engineer, Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI).

Interview

The application process is a bit cumbersome. They were faster to respond for me than some other reviewers have stated, but multistage process leaves you wondering where you stand at each step.
    Initial phone interview was by a junior HR employee and very generic. No questions directly related to the position and he wasn't really able to answer questions about it.
    In the online application, there's a box to check if you want an email telling you if you are removed from consideration. I was and there was no email.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler in December 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager asked all the standard "tell me a time when" and "how did you handle" questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI).

Interview

Called unexpectedly a long time after submitted application. Think this was a short "phone interview"/scan to make sure I didn't suck too bad. Explained personality test instructions. Took (very long) online assessment. Waited a week, Was invited for second round interviews which consisted of a 3 hour manufacturing plant tour (so exhausting in a suit), a networking lunch with your interviewers, an intelligence test, and then speed-dating style interview sessions with your 10-12 interviewers at 15 min each one. Needless to say, it's a long day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but quickly regretted that. The engineer interns made over $2 more per hour than the business interns.

Market Analyst - Latin America Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohler (Sheboygan, WI) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screening lasted about 15 minutes. General questions asked followed by an interview by hiring manager. Interview with hiring manager more typical interview questions asked. Last 20 minutes were in Spanish.

Interview Questions

• The last 20 minutes in Spanish caught me off guard.   1 Answer

Purchasing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in July 2012.

Interview

As stated in other interview posts, their hiring process is very organized and laid out. They update you each step of the way whether you made it to the next level or not... kind of. I had a phone interview with an hr screener with typical questions about my past experience and what I know about the supply chain. I made it to the next level and they asked me to take a Caliper test (personality test). I took the test 6 weeks ago and have not heard back anything from them. My status still currently says "results pending." I tried calling their hotline two weeks after I took the test to ask how long this usually takes, but I talked to someone who could only tell me the same info as what my online status said. I'm not sure if they do this with other candidates, but for their hiring process to be this long and drawn out I'm sure they lost a lot of candidates along the way with people getting other job offers in the meantime. I know I did.

Interview Questions

• Please explain to me what you know about the supply chain.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in July 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen is short and sweet, looking to ensure you fit the job description. The next steps, a formal interview, and the invitation to interview on-site, are very detailed to observe your answers as well as you reactions to questions, and give the interviewers (usually 4-5 minimum) a chance to scrutinize your personality, ability to interact with others, and most importantly how you handle certain aspects within the position at hand. Overall, the process is sound, but the length of time between each of the steps is very long; it seems as though you may never hear from them, when they finally contact you.

Interview Questions

• What are your people skill strengths?   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in June 2012.

Interview

Recruiters are quick to answer questions; process is laid out upfront; best system I've seen.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember- it was very conversational which was nice.   2 Answers

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohler in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online, took calipers profile test. Interviewer was in a hurry and seemed like wasn't interested in my answers. Both rounds over in 30 minutes.

Edit: There was a third round scheduled, but cancelled and never heard back after that.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohler (Portland, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

Not pleased with the company. The interview search was conducted by a placement firm (placement firm was great and professional). Had two phone interviews + 1:1 interview all with placement firm. Then, I was told that my consideration was "put on hold" for some reason. I had been considered for similar position before and went through two phone interviews, was told that I was ideal for the role, took the Caliper assessment on line then it went silent- NOTHING! 2nd time around, disclosed prior situation and was told no record of incident and to continue then in the end, after the 3 interviews told my consideration was "on hold" for now. What kind of crap is that! How unprofessional of Kohler!! I will let everyone know my experience so they are aware...