Kohler Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.9

Associate Accounting Analyst Interview

Interview

It is a rather long process, but it's worth it. They conducted the first interview at my school, arranged for my to take an online assessment, and then had me come to Kohler for a second interview. All of the people in HR are very friendly and talkative! The interviews go really smoothly!

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a situation at work that you wish you could do over again?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler (Sheboygan, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

First round is a simple phone interview, second and third rounds are both on-site ones. The phone interview is just 25 minutes, and the HR(normally) will go through your resume and ask such simple questions regarding your interns before and several project experience before.

Interview Questions

• What do you know the cultural value of Kohler Company?   1 Answer

Because it is a position especially set up for undergraduate students and mechs, and I am really an Industrial Engineer.

Engineer - Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in August 2013.

Interview

The HR executive had no clue about the position, why it was created, trainings offered, responsibilities, or anything remotely connected with the position I was interviewing for. How can someone be judged to be a good fit if the interviewer has no idea what is needed. I knew the outcome of the interview the moment the interviewer made doubly sure of my current salary and my expectations. Come on, no ons is going to work at a senior level for peanuts.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. But I would request the interviewer to be better prepared as a mark of respect to the candidate and for the sake of the company paying your salary. Additionally, I would request the company to mention what they intend to pay in their ad. This way no one will be wasting anyone's time.   2 Answers

Sales Coordinator/Administrative/Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohler (Sheboygan, WI).

Interview

Such a long process for all positions. I have been trying to get into Kohler for over 7 months because I'm trying to move to the area, with no avail. Have taken online caliper tests, had numerous phone interviews, an in-office Wunderlic test, a 3-person panel interview, 3 separate interviews in one day... and I come from out of state. Thought I nailed every interview but about a month or 2 later I always get an automated email turning me down. The rejection is awful after putting in so much time and energy and the waiting for ANY word from ANYONE is as drawn out as possible. You need months of time for this process, so don't go quitting a job or turning down offers because of high hopes.

Interview Questions

• "Do you know SAP?" "The current employee in this position seems to have a lot of free time - what would you do to occupy your downtime?"   4 Answers

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in July 2013.

Interview

I had applied online for a co-op position, but they decided to give me the opportunity to interview for an entry level position instead. The project manager (EE) contacted me via email and we set up a phone interview. It was a conference phone interview with an EE and ME. Phone interview went well and they decided to fly me out for an on site interview. HR contacted me to ask some general questions. Before I flew out, I was required to take an assessment test which was 2 hours long. On site interview consisted of two 1 on 1 interviews, a panel interview, interview over lunch and a plant tour. Everything went well and the people were nice, but I didn't feel like it was the right environment for me. Total process took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of how you would improve their systems.   Answer Question

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview set up through recruiter. During the phone interview the hiring manager asked me good questions on my purchasing history and experiences. We concluded the interview and he decided to hire me directly based on that one phone interview. Later it was discovered they wanted someone who had loads of experience within the company which made for awkward meetings with project managers and engineers. Everyone of the engineers was nice - purchasing folks were stand-offish and did not work with me even though the manager asked me to work with them to help them out (two of them in the faucet npi division). Overall bad experience because there was no training or direction for a new employee.

Interview Questions

• Give specific examples of purchasing experience (ex. contract creation, negociations, placing purchase orders)   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kohler.

Interview

Phone interview, Mang interview, Screening, Drug teest

Interview Questions

• What will u b doing in 10 years?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kohler.

Interview

Hiring and Interview Process First. Online application submission Second. Extra information for online submission Third. Phone interview The phone interview was easy and hard. They were asking strategical question. They ask me what was the reason why I want to leave my current job. It also will help if you mention that you know six sigma. (Truly get your certification)

Interview Questions

• What is the most important decision that you have taken in life?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler.

Interview

Applied online (on Sunday) and got emailed the very next day for a phone interview. Had a phone interview that week. Waited a while and finally got asked to take an online assessment. Waited about another two weeks and finally got asked to come for a series of in person interviews. I had 4 interviews back to back. Sat in a vacant office with dead flies on a desk. Interview questions were almost solely behavioral questions. Really just a bad experience waiting for weeks and weeks. The process is just way too long. There is no need for a phone interview, online assessment, 4 interviews AND a wonderlic test for an entry level job. This isn't NASA. Sent emails following the interviews and received no reply from anyone, not even a thank you or confirmation of receiving the email...just no response. I interviewed on Tuesday and I was told they were making a decision that week so I figured I would hear by the end of the week. Not a chance! It took two weeks to receive a computer generated email saying I didn't get the job (I was told I would be called either way). At one point, while waiting to hear back about getting an interview, I actually lost interest in the job. You can only hope for so long before you just don't care about a job anymore. Overall just a really poor experience. If you have an interview with Kohler and don't hear back don't worry they just take forever to contact people.

Interview Questions

• None were really difficult. Just behavioral questions based on your experiences.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from recruiter after bout 2 weeks. Asked general questions like why are you looking for a change in Job. There was no response for about 3 weeks. Then got a call from Kohler for a Phone Interview. Interview went well, but from the hiring manager, I understood the sill set in the Job advertised is different from what the hiring manager is looking for.

Interview Questions

• Regular questions about my skill set as it is phone interview   1 Answer