Kohler

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.8

Sales Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler in December 2012.

Initial phone screen with HR followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Hiring manager asked all the standard "tell me a time when" and "how did you handle" questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kohler.

Called unexpectedly a long time after submitted application. Think this was a short "phone interview"/scan to make sure I didn't suck too bad. Explained personality test instructions. Took (very long) online assessment. Waited a week, Was invited for second round interviews which consisted of a 3 hour manufacturing plant tour (so exhausting in a suit), a networking lunch with your interviewers, an intelligence test, and then speed-dating style interview sessions with your 10-12 interviewers at 15 min each one. Needless to say, it's a long day.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, but quickly regretted that. The engineer interns made over $2 more per hour than the business interns.

Market Analyst - Latin America Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohler in October 2012.

Initial phone screening lasted about 15 minutes. General questions asked followed by an interview by hiring manager. Interview with hiring manager more typical interview questions asked. Last 20 minutes were in Spanish.

Interview Questions
    • The last 20 minutes in Spanish caught me off guard.   View Answer

Purchasing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohler in July 2012.

As stated in other interview posts, their hiring process is very organized and laid out. They update you each step of the way whether you made it to the next level or not... kind of. I had a phone interview with an hr screener with typical questions about my past experience and what I know about the supply chain. I made it to the next level and they asked me to take a Caliper test (personality test). I took the test 6 weeks ago and have not heard back anything from them. My status still currently says "results pending." I tried calling their hotline two weeks after I took the test to ask how long this usually takes, but I talked to someone who could only tell me the same info as what my online status said. I'm not sure if they do this with other candidates, but for their hiring process to be this long and drawn out I'm sure they lost a lot of candidates along the way with people getting other job offers in the meantime. I know I did.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain to me what you know about the supply chain.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kohler in June 2012.

Recruiters are quick to answer questions; process is laid out upfront; best system I've seen.

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohler in June 2011.

Applied online, took calipers profile test. Interviewer was in a hurry and seemed like wasn't interested in my answers. Both rounds over in 30 minutes.

Edit: There was a third round scheduled, but cancelled and never heard back after that.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohler in May 2011.

Not pleased with the company. The interview search was conducted by a placement firm (placement firm was great and professional). Had two phone interviews + 1:1 interview all with placement firm. Then, I was told that my consideration was "put on hold" for some reason. I had been considered for similar position before and went through two phone interviews, was told that I was ideal for the role, took the Caliper assessment on line then it went silent- NOTHING! 2nd time around, disclosed prior situation and was told no record of incident and to continue then in the end, after the 3 interviews told my consideration was "on hold" for now. What kind of crap is that! How unprofessional of Kohler!! I will let everyone know my experience so they are aware...

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohler in February 2011.

Interview on college campus. 30 minute time slot. 5 interviewers. Lots of typical interview questions, mostly behavioral questions. "Give us an example of a time in which you delivered excellent customer service."

They called me that night to offer me the job. They gave me a few weeks to think it over. Had me come down for drug screening, personality, and IQ tests.

I negotiated a start date wit my supervisor over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us a little bit about yourself."   View Answer
    Standard offer for given college class, plant location, department etc.

Director - Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kohler in December 2010.

The interviewing process was very long with little communication in-between each step. I received a call about 30 days after I had submitted my resume requesting a phone interview. I completed the phone interview with the HR lead, which was about an hour long. I was told that I would hear back from them within a week. 2+ weeks later I was contacted and told that they wanted me to take an online assessment. I took the online assessment; which took about 2 hours to complete. The questions weren't anything out the ordinary, it just took a while to complete. About a week later I received a call asking to schedule time to meet with a corporate psychologist for testing and to schedule an on-site interview with some of the team at Kohler. Again, nothing out of the ordinary came from the corporate psychologist. Some timed testing was part of the exam and overall it took about 3 hours to complete the process. A week later I arrived at Kohler for the in-person interviews. My first scheduled Interviewer arrived an hour late and only met with me for about 30 minutes. This ate into my time with the next Interviewer as well. We did get back on schedule for the 3rd and 4th interviews but it was a bit frustrating to rush through the first two. I was told that the next steps were to do a background check and then come back for another round of interviews. During this time I had put a job offer from a different employer on hold as I tried to complete the process for Kohler. The process became too time consuming as I had started the interviews in Oct., and it became clear that the process was going to go well into Jan. before I would have any idea as a candidate on whether I was going to get an offer or not. I couldn't keep the other offer on hold any longer a decided to give notice to Kohler that I would like to be removed from further consideration. I tried to contact HR directly by phone but had to leave a voice mail asking for a call back. I did not get a return call. I then disclosed through email that I I had accepted another position and again received no response from Kohler. I respect a process but taking at least 4 months to end the process is too long. Because of the length of time the process took and the fact that I received no communication along the way or afterwards, I have given the interview a negative rating.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohler in November 2010.

Lengthy interview process