Kohler Interview Questions in Sheboygan, WI

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

Human Resources Related Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI).

Interview

The hiring process is very lengthy. Dealt with two different recruiters, which was a bit confusing. Took 2.5 months to get through the initial recruiter screen, the hiring manager phone screen and one in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• An interview I had with an HR Manager was disappointing and not a positive experience. Actually asked me the question "Do you think you're smart?" At best, it's inappropriate, at worst, it's offensive & unprofessional. I was frankly shocked that an HR Manager would ask that type of question. This individual needs to go through interview training (or re-training). I have no idea what the point of that question would be. It was not a positive interview experience - at least with that person. Other interviews went fine - no unexpected questions. It's important for any company to realize that as much as you are interviewing someone, to remember that they are also interviewing your organization. Gracious experience? I don't think so.   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Had on-campus interview with 2 people. 30 minutes, behavioral. 3 weeks later i got an email about 2nd round phone interview. it was with one of the managers who would be a supervisor. It was about my resume and experiences. there was 1 or 2 technical questions. pretty easy. the next week got an email about another call with the same manager and the HR representative. They were calling to extend an offer but they wanted me to verbally accept the offer based on the overview she gave me (salary, stipend, bonus info.) I had to tell her to email it to me so I could have time to go over it. Which it seemed like they were unhappy about that but i told them I could get back to them in a week and a half and they said ok but a 5 days later they backed out of it and asked for a decision.

Interview Questions

Offer had no perks. no real relocation bonus. barely a housing stipend and in a very random location in the middle of nowhere.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews; one by an outside rep, one more by the hiring manager. After these two filters, got brought in for a face to face interview with director and managers of the quality dept. I had to contact the HR generalist for follow up after three weeks of not receiving any news. The whole process took around 10 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers wanted real life cases of problem solving experiences that applied as much as possible to their business.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI).

Interview

The process took quite a long time and had a number of steps. The last step was to come in for an in person interview with about five individuals. I enjoyed meeting everyone there and I think that they did a good job once you actually got to work with someone at the company. They outsource their first round interviews to a third party, be prepared to repeat yourself more than once as my recruiter had no idea what she was asking. Overall, other than the first step, the process went pretty smooth. It also helps if you have other offers as they will speed things up for you.

Interview Questions

Had a better offer from another company.

Hospitality Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in December 2013.

Interview

Kohler came to our career fair. Applied online for internship position. Got interview--interviewed one-on-one with recruiter. She was extremely nice, informative, and had a great sense of humor. After the interview, she called me a couple weeks later and told me about the second round of interviews.

Second round was onsite--I got a group tour along with a number of other candidates. After the tour, we had a 6 on 6 panel interview. Seemed intimidating at first but the Kohler workers had a great sense of humor and lightened the mood. They asked us questions about leadership, personal experience in service, why we liked Kohler, etc. The interview was fair, friendly, and very helpful.

Got an offer from Kohler about three weeks after the second round interview--I'm sure the holiday season delayed the process by a few days to a week.

Interview Questions

• What are the three traits that you believe define a leader? Do you think you possess those traits?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler (Sheboygan, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

First round is a simple phone interview, second and third rounds are both on-site ones. The phone interview is just 25 minutes, and the HR(normally) will go through your resume and ask such simple questions regarding your interns before and several project experience before.

Interview Questions

• What do you know the cultural value of Kohler Company?   1 Answer

Because it is a position especially set up for undergraduate students and mechs, and I am really an Industrial Engineer.

Engineer - Mechanical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in August 2013.

Interview

The HR executive had no clue about the position, why it was created, trainings offered, responsibilities, or anything remotely connected with the position I was interviewing for. How can someone be judged to be a good fit if the interviewer has no idea what is needed. I knew the outcome of the interview the moment the interviewer made doubly sure of my current salary and my expectations. Come on, no ons is going to work at a senior level for peanuts.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. But I would request the interviewer to be better prepared as a mark of respect to the candidate and for the sake of the company paying your salary.
      Additionally, I would request the company to mention what they intend to pay in their ad. This way no one will be wasting anyone's time.

2 Answers

Sales Coordinator/Administrative/Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohler (Sheboygan, WI).

Interview

Such a long process for all positions. I have been trying to get into Kohler for over 7 months because I'm trying to move to the area, with no avail. Have taken online caliper tests, had numerous phone interviews, an in-office Wunderlic test, a 3-person panel interview, 3 separate interviews in one day... and I come from out of state.

Thought I nailed every interview but about a month or 2 later I always get an automated email turning me down. The rejection is awful after putting in so much time and energy and the waiting for ANY word from ANYONE is as drawn out as possible. You need months of time for this process, so don't go quitting a job or turning down offers because of high hopes.

Interview Questions

• "Do you know SAP?" "The current employee in this position seems to have a lot of free time - what would you do to occupy your downtime?"   4 Answers

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in July 2013.

Interview

I had applied online for a co-op position, but they decided to give me the opportunity to interview for an entry level position instead. The project manager (EE) contacted me via email and we set up a phone interview. It was a conference phone interview with an EE and ME. Phone interview went well and they decided to fly me out for an on site interview. HR contacted me to ask some general questions. Before I flew out, I was required to take an assessment test which was 2 hours long. On site interview consisted of two 1 on 1 interviews, a panel interview, interview over lunch and a plant tour. Everything went well and the people were nice, but I didn't feel like it was the right environment for me. Total process took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of how you would improve their systems.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from recruiter after bout 2 weeks. Asked general questions like why are you looking for a change in Job. There was no response for about 3 weeks. Then got a call from Kohler for a Phone Interview. Interview went well, but from the hiring manager, I understood the sill set in the Job advertised is different from what the hiring manager is looking for.

Interview Questions

• Regular questions about my skill set as it is phone interview   1 Answer