Kohler Interview Questions & Reviews in Wisconsin

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kohler, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohler in April 2010.

Started as a contract employee then was hired as a full time employee. I worked at Kohler for over 13 years. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is interested in working there. I have many good memories and still have good friends that I am in contact with.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Kohler company.   View Answer
    I declined to negociate to stay at Kohler. And today I regret it.

Hospitality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Kohler in December 2013.

Kohler came to our career fair. Applied online for internship position. Got interview--interviewed one-on-one with recruiter. She was extremely nice, informative, and had a great sense of humor. After the interview, she called me a couple weeks later and told me about the second round of interviews.

Second round was onsite--I got a group tour along with a number of other candidates. After the tour, we had a 6 on 6 panel interview. Seemed intimidating at first but the Kohler workers had a great sense of humor and lightened the mood. They asked us questions about leadership, personal experience in service, why we liked Kohler, etc. The interview was fair, friendly, and very helpful.

Got an offer from Kohler about three weeks after the second round interview--I'm sure the holiday season delayed the process by a few days to a week.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three traits that you believe define a leader? Do you think you possess those traits?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohler.

The process took quite a long time and had a number of steps. The last step was to come in for an in person interview with about five individuals. I enjoyed meeting everyone there and I think that they did a good job once you actually got to work with someone at the company. They outsource their first round interviews to a third party, be prepared to repeat yourself more than once as my recruiter had no idea what she was asking. Overall, other than the first step, the process went pretty smooth. It also helps if you have other offers as they will speed things up for you.

Interview Questions

Had a better offer from another company.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohler in October 2013.

First round is a simple phone interview, second and third rounds are both on-site ones. The phone interview is just 25 minutes, and the HR(normally) will go through your resume and ask such simple questions regarding your interns before and several project experience before.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know the cultural value of Kohler Company?   View Answer

Because it is a position especially set up for undergraduate students and mechs, and I am really an Industrial Engineer.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohler in July 2013.

I had applied online for a co-op position, but they decided to give me the opportunity to interview for an entry level position instead. The project manager (EE) contacted me via email and we set up a phone interview. It was a conference phone interview with an EE and ME. Phone interview went well and they decided to fly me out for an on site interview. HR contacted me to ask some general questions. Before I flew out, I was required to take an assessment test which was 2 hours long. On site interview consisted of two 1 on 1 interviews, a panel interview, interview over lunch and a plant tour. Everything went well and the people were nice, but I didn't feel like it was the right environment for me. Total process took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of how you would improve their systems.   Answer Question

Engineer - Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohler in August 2013.

The HR executive had no clue about the position, why it was created, trainings offered, responsibilities, or anything remotely connected with the position I was interviewing for. How can someone be judged to be a good fit if the interviewer has no idea what is needed. I knew the outcome of the interview the moment the interviewer made doubly sure of my current salary and my expectations. Come on, no ons is going to work at a senior level for peanuts.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. But I would request the interviewer to be better prepared as a mark of respect to the candidate and for the sake of the company paying your salary.
      Additionally, I would request the company to mention what they intend to pay in their ad. This way no one will be wasting anyone's time.
        View Answers (2)

Sales Coordinator/Administrative/Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kohler.

Such a long process for all positions. I have been trying to get into Kohler for over 7 months because I'm trying to move to the area, with no avail. Have taken online caliper tests, had numerous phone interviews, an in-office Wunderlic test, a 3-person panel interview, 3 separate interviews in one day... and I come from out of state.

Thought I nailed every interview but about a month or 2 later I always get an automated email turning me down. The rejection is awful after putting in so much time and energy and the waiting for ANY word from ANYONE is as drawn out as possible. You need months of time for this process, so don't go quitting a job or turning down offers because of high hopes.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you know SAP?" "The current employee in this position seems to have a lot of free time - what would you do to occupy your downtime?"   View Answers (4)

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kohler, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Kohler in March 2009.

horrible and took months, wasted time, and had to decline two other offers, while waiting for this ridiculous process to play out, HR was from India and didn't know the language that well...had tests and had to stay at that horrible, dirty hotel the american club, disgusting and ugly...who did it should go....away.

none whatsoever

Market Analyst - Latin America Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Kohler in October 2012.

Initial phone screening lasted about 15 minutes. General questions asked followed by an interview by hiring manager. Interview with hiring manager more typical interview questions asked. Last 20 minutes were in Spanish.

Interview Questions
    • The last 20 minutes in Spanish caught me off guard.   View Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohler.

Applied online. Got a call from recruiter after bout 2 weeks. Asked general questions like why are you looking for a change in Job. There was no response for about 3 weeks. Then got a call from Kohler for a Phone Interview. Interview went well, but from the hiring manager, I understood the sill set in the Job advertised is different from what the hiring manager is looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Regular questions about my skill set as it is phone interview   View Answer

Worked for Kohler? Contribute to the Community!