Komatsu

Updated Aug 5, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Komatsu

Sales Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Komatsu in August 2010.

Pretty relaxed 1:1 interview with Japanese hiring manager who supposed to be my future direct-report. Interview consisted of various questions regarding my career history, interests for construction machinery, thoughts on respective corporate culture, skills on PC and capability of communication in diverse cultural environment., plus some quick check measuring my English conversational skill. Surprising moment was an sudden appearance of the top management. No intense, but relaxed Interview . It consisted of quite basic questions regarding my strengths, reason for application, my potential skill for the organization and insights on Thailand and its respective culture. Interview took 90 minutes in total.

Interview Questions
    • Under the current yen-dollar exchange rate circumstance, where do you think main production facility should be ideally located, Japan or overseas, for minimizing exchange loss?   View Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Witbank, Mpumalanga (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Witbank, Mpumalanga (South Africa)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Komatsu in February 2010.

An employee phoned me asking to work for komatsu. I told her that I had no experience. She informed me that it would be addressed and they would send me for training. I went for the interview. They perused my CV, acknowledged that they would send me for the relevant training to be able to do the work. I was later informed that there was a dispute as the position was not advertised internally. I had already resigned from my current job. Luckily I was still hired after another 2 months from the interview. The interview was not difficult as I had to just comfirm all that was on my CV.

Interview Questions
    • How I knew about the position., It was difficult to answer as I did not know about the position, as it was offered to me. I did not know what was arranged and what was said to the management and HR. I could not talk about the position as I knew nothing about it. Had no experience. But was told that they would train me.   View Answer
    They offered a good salary, said there would be overtime paid, and that I would be trained in the position. Overtime was not paid, training never happened, I had to find out everything from other branches and ask questions, google etc.