Kona Grill Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kona Grill

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gilbert, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kona Grill in August 2014.

When I was searching for jobs online, Kona came up on Indeed and I applied online. There was a very lengthy aptitude test along with the job application and resume. Based off of my results management called me in for my first interview, with one of the 4 managers. I passed the first interview so I was called in for a second interview with a different manager. Then I passed the second interview, I was called in for the final interview with the General Manager and at that point he told me in person I was hired. First he asked me some questions about myself, and general interview questions about how I would handle things in certain situations. All three managers had different interview styles but they were all relatively nerve wracking. I highly suggest dressing your best and come in with the most confidence you've got. Also, be the friendliest you can be. I really do think Kona is looking for friendly ambitious people above all.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in which you were creative with a order while serving?   View Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied in-person - interviewed at Kona Grill in July 2010.

I gave my resume to the hostess on duty, and a few days later a manager called to set up an interview. I went to one interview at the restaurant during slower hours, and received a call about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Kona Grill, above all other restaurants?   View Answer
    I was given the starting pay rate I wanted, plus 50 cents for having the confidence to ask.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Kona Grill in March 2010.

Simple behavioral questions. Had thee rounds of interviews.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Kona Grill in February 2013.

Phone Interview
    Interview with GM
    Interview with DM
    (Dress UP for your interview/ Fancy Place)

Interview Questions
    • Hospitality/ Superior service atmosphere - You must understand what this means. "I do" however many managers do not. The entire interview is about this type of service.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Kona Grill in January 2010.

Must interview with all available managers.

none

Worked for Kona Grill? Contribute to the Community!