Konami Gaming, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2014

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Konami Gaming, Inc.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Konami Gaming, Inc. in October 2014.

Interview

I met with 2 others after the generic HR questions. Again, I felt like these 2 were unprepared as well and were not very friendly. Based on the way the interviews were ran I felt that the company would not be a good fit for my personality. They seemed a bit snotty and uptight. I have since been told that some recruiters will no longer work to recruit for them because of how picky they are about hiring. They are looking for a "specific" person to fit their culture, but who knows what that culture is....quiet? Uptight? Unprepared? It was hard to get a feel for the culture because I felt like I never had a chance from the moment I shook their hands... maybe they are looking for someone that looks a certain way... Good luck! I've now seen the same position posted for over a month..

Interview Questions

• HR goes through standard questions regarding specific negatives or positives from pervious jobs. She literally had a printed out sheet of basic questions....   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Konami Gaming, Inc..

Interview

The interview process was quite intricate, but manageable. I'd say to research the Synkros system, as well as the company itself. Also, be familiar with some of the casino games that they create and support.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, there weren't any monumentally difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They weren't disagreeable in terms of the salary terms, but they tend to stick to their guns.

Game Dev Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Konami Gaming, Inc. (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2008.

Interview

This seemed like the perfect position, and it was quite a difficult thing to decline. The manager I spoke with was absolutely professional and impressive. The operation is great. Plus, I love Las Vegas.

I was contacted by a recruiter, who then organized the interview. A couple weeks later, I visited the company and met with HR and the manager. His English wasn't perfect (a Japanese fellow), but he was extremely nice and had a great sense of humor.

He spent a lot of time telling me about the position, and then asked some very specific questions about games and the gaming market. He was very curious about my background and how it would fit into the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you think we fit in with our competitors in the Nevada market?   Answer Question

It was torture to decline this offer. However, the salary offer was lower than my current salary. Essentially, it would have cost me a lot of money to take this job. There were potential bonuses, but I really like to see this type of thing in writing.