Konami

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Programmer Interview

San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Konami in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was probably one of the fastest I have ever had. I sat down in front of two programmers and a producer and went down every point of my resume from games I had worked on in the past. Occasionally someone would ask me how I implemented X or Y for a feature, but otherwise it was just me talking. Within 30 minutes the interview was over.

Interview Question – Given a game X that would play out in a certain way, how would you make the class structure to make this game run.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Insultingly low offer for the Bay Area, especially for one that was going to move into the city. Among all the companies I have been to from SF to San Jose their office seemed to be the most dead and uninteresting.

Designer Interview

Interviewed at Konami

Interview Details – I submitted my CV through a recruiter and went straight to the first round interview. The interview was fairly standard, they asked me about myself, how much I know about KONAMI, etc. In the end, I was aksed to submit my portfolio, which they said was the most important part of the selection criteria.

Interview Question – Why do you think KONAMI games are special?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Konami.

Interview Details – Assessment test- Interview with HR staff - Interview with CEO

Interview Question – Asked me about my religious activity.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got an phone call straight after the final interview.

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Konami in August 2009.

Interview Details – I know some people there and that is how I got the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was bad market at that time. I also wanted the experience. I accepted the low rate since I wanted to build my experience.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Konami? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Konami interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Konami employees and interview candidates.