Konecranes

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Service Technician

I applied through other source and interviewed at Konecranes.

Interview Details – Easy lies to believe.

Negotiation Details – No chose. Take it or leave it.

Morenci Mine On-site Administrator Interview

Morenci Mine On-site Administrator
Safford, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Konecranes in December 2012.

Interview Details – Only one interview. When arriving at my job, the position of my superior was being transferred to a new location... He did not allot of his time for my training and when the new supervisor came on board, he assumed that I knew a lot more than I was shown. Not the new supervisor's fault as he was young and did not have time to adjust to his new position.

Interview Question – My old supervisor (when I started) was leaving and did not pay much attention to training me as seriously as he could have!   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Service Technician

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Konecranes in May 2013.

Interview Details – Started out with a telephone screening and then setting up another telephone interview. Telephone interview went over my resume and added more detail. After two weeks, got called to schedule an interview with the local site. Branch manager was easy going and asked simple questions. Had about 5 packets of paper with 3-4 pages each full of questions about electrical, mechanical and cranes. This was the skills test

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got offered a better job with another company, but if I hadn't, I would have went with this company.

Service Technician

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Konecranes in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, submitting my resume and answering a few questions. About two weeks later, I got an email asking me to set up a phone interview, and to schedule it myself (see my further comments about this). The phone interview went well, though it seemed like the person conducting the interview had not looked at any of my application materials and was unfamiliar with my background. The interviewer was also unable to answer much in the way of specifics about the position. I was then invited by email to apply for the job, which I found to be outright peculiar. What did I do the first time then? I was told that after this second submission, I would be contacted to schedule the next interview. Instead, I received an email about two weeks later saying they would not be pursuing my candidacy.

Interview Question – What background do you have?   View Answer

Crane Service Technician Interview

Crane Service Technician
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Konecranes in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very detailed and they cover their ground very well in that they really ensure you know your stuff. There were three test to take: electrical, mechanical and electro-mechanical. If you know a little about cranes they will give you the fourth test to see you ability there as well. Know your stuff going into it is all I can say because they are not simple if you are not ready for Ohms or Keirchoffs laws.

The interview focused a lot on how I handle other employees, how I value safety, customer relations and other common questions that one would expect as a technician.

Interview Question – There were no specific questions that were not expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered more than I expected plus relocation reimbursement.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Konecranes.

Interview Details – Applied to position online, got an email a few days later to schedule a phone screening interview through their online system. I scheduled for a time that was close to evening time after work time on a friday. Since this was an option in the system, I assumed that this would be fine with Konecrane interviewers as well...
On the day of the interview, the HR interviewer called me 3 hours BEFORE my scheduled interview time while I was at work and wanted to see if I can do the interview at that moment.
I explained that I was at work and we agreed the do the interview at the original scheduled time.

During the interview, the HR interviewer obviously did not read my resume beforehand. That is fine, but attitude was a bit rough to the point where I lost interest in the position during the interview. It sounded like she was in a hurry to finish the interview so she could do something else on the Friday.

Interview Question – Typical questions. Where did you work, where did you go to school, what makes you suitable to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Project Plannr & Procurement Interview

Project Plannr & Procurement
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Konecranes in December 2009.

Interview Details – 3 stage inerview with personal, techniacl and HR. need to score more persanl and techincal

Interview Question – why konecrnes and kone elevators   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Service Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Konecranes in January 2011.

Interview Details – Went very well, happy with the whole thing. Training was good and very helpful. All times were kept and drug screening was fast. Skills testing went well, you don't need to know to much but, you'll need to show you have the skills to learn and work alone. Many calls you're sent out alone but you can always call someone for help over the phone.

Interview Question – What you knew about overhead cranes   Answer Question

Worked for Konecranes? Contribute to the Community!