Kongsberg Maritime

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineering Summer Intern Interview

Software Engineering Summer Intern
Saint Rose, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kongsberg Maritime in April 2014.

Interview Details – Engineering Physics majors at my university are required to have a internship summer of junior year. There was a spring career fair and I and another classmate went. Our professor was there, he walked around with us suggesting places we should leave our resumes. Kongsberg was one. To be truthful, I didn't feel my resume was that close of a match for their company. However, I received an email during spring break, saying they would like to schedule an interview in the next 2 weeks, and asked me to provide them with some days and times that would work for me. They were very prompt in getting back to me. The office is actually a little outside of New Orleans, but not too far. They said to allow about 2 hours, as testing was involved. There was a short interview with one person at the beginning, then an electrical circuit test, then a test that involved debugging some code. Not excessively difficult, I think I did fine, though they did not tell me my score, however I at least made their minimum cutoff, so there was longer interview next. i had of course done the company research, however they didn't make clear what the internship was until after the testing and it was not an area I had considered working in, so I suspect my answers weren't what they were looking fore. One of my classmates also received an interview request, it was an area he was interested in exploring and he will be interning there this summer. One graduating senior also interviewed that same work for a full-time permanent position, so it does appear they like local graduates.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   View Answer

Systems Engineer, Dynamic Positioning Interview

Systems Engineer, Dynamic Positioning

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kongsberg Maritime.

Interview Details – Met recruiters at Career fair at my school. I then interviewed with them the following day for around 45 minutes. I was then invited to an onsite interview in New Orleans for a day-long interview.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Senior Purchaser Interview

Senior Purchaser
Kongsberg (Norway)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kongsberg Maritime in May 2012.

Interview Details – One phone interview and two interviews on site. On interview lasting 6 hours. Need to talk about your experience and how your strategic achievements. Important what kind of company you have had working experiences in. Well known international company makes it much easier.

Interview Question – It was pretty straight forward but the most difficult is always the one "which are your strengths and weaknesses and then elaborate on this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As I needed to commute from Sweden <i had to negotiate free housing and travel during week days, This was the most tricky,

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Kongsberg Maritime? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kongsberg Maritime interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kongsberg Maritime employees and interview candidates.