Kony

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.8

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kony in March 2013.

I've heard different accounts of the interview process. Some taking many, many interview steps with multiple personnel others very few. I do know that once they know you are the right candidate they move very fast to get you on board. Questions will vary widely but will be focused on your indicated skill sets to determine if you really know your stuff. Expect to do a demo of something you are comfortable with or a skills test.

Interview Questions
    • No off the wall questions. They are focused to your cited strengths to determine if you are legit.   Answer Question
    Flew out to meet direct manager, was able to negotiate terms for a win/win.

Inside Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kony in January 2012.

The entire process was over a period of several weeks. Two initial screening calls with a recruiting company, then a phone screen with hiring manager, then an onsite interview with VP of Sales and several other Inside Reps. There were no questions that were out of the ordinary for a sales interview. Their hiring preference seemed to focus on prior inside sales success. This is a typical high-growth tech company, inside software sales position. Lots of hours, but excellent pay and bonus potential.

Interview Questions
    • What were your sales goals for the year and how did you achieve your goals?   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kony.

They took one machine coding test.The question was easy. Then there was two F2F rounds. Almost whoever cleared the machine coding round was selected.(9/15)The interviewer as ked about questions related to basic datastructures(stacks and queues; but not trees). The HR interview was also very easy. They just asked me about the my habits , likes and dislikes.

There was no negotiation as this was an on-campus oppurtunity.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Kony in November 2014.

They took 2 Rounds
    Round 1 :
      Q1 : Write a program for mouse in maze : I solved it using backtracking algorithm
      Q2 : Find kth smallest element in 2 sorted arrays

Round 2: This round was with VP and its really tough to crack

Q1 : Given the infinite input stream of binary bit "1" OR "0", find whether number is divisible by "N"

Example: check if number is divisible by 3 ( here N=3)
           suppose input stream is : 01111010000 then

7) 1 - No here input is : 0111101
            8) 0 - No here input is : 01111010
           ...........

output should be: No, No, Yes, No, Yes, Yes, No , No

Solution: This problem can be solved by using modules operation

Q2 : Given regular expression and string find whether they match or not

Regex : * Kony Lab * for SDET
             String : 2014_ Kony Lab interview for SDET

And he asked me to write code which is , 1) Good 2) Readable & 3) Bug free

Software Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kony in October 2014.

The Hiring process starts with a written test conducted by mettl.com

The test is relatively simple and it has 3 sections :

First section consists of Quantative aptitude , Logical and Verbal Aptitude (15) questions :15 minutes.

Second section consists of MCQ's on your technical subjects like data structures, C, OS, Algorithms , DBMS etc : Simple yet tricky (15 questions ) :15 minutes .

Third section consists of a coding problem which has an online compiler and a time of 30 minutes is given and it is for 10 marks .

Suppose a string is given like "Banana is yellow in color and it is tasty"
    for suppose you give an input character like "a" it should return the largest distance between the first "a" and last "a" like it should return 27 and it should not consider white spaces .

Then they evaluate your score and there are certain sectional cutoff's and you will be qualified for next round .

The next round is a GROUP DISCUSSION on "Women Empowerment and its influence on social development" and also other team has "Women reservations " as the topics. We had these these topics because they want to recruit only ladies and boys were not allowed during this campus interview.

The next round is a technical HR and it was very delightful to meet the VP and he is the most spirited soul and my encounter with him played a major role in getting role as he is very pleasant and kind .

He asked me to write a pseudo code for the above problem or he wanted me to explain any data structure algorithm (I explained the Single linked list ) . Then he asked me about the use of databases and some quite interesting questions on why do I like IT career and some real time scenarios . It is extremely delightful speaking to him.

Then a psychometric test . It's very simple :)

Lastly a HR round in which you would be asked about "tell me about yourself" ,hobbies , activities , project ,why Kony . Be very careful and patient , confident and honest . Research about your resume well and be prepared about every part .

Then Got a notification from them about getting selected .

Interview Questions
    • They asked about why are you into CSE and tell me 3 reasons why should I open a fb account ?

Besides that everything was relatively very pleasant .
        Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kony.

It was my on campus interview.Process was very easy which started with an online test followed by a technical and hr interview.Online test comprised of aptitude and technical questions.Technical interview was also very smooth.He asked me 2-3 algorithms,some os questions.Interview ran hardly for 15-20 minutes.

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kony in September 2014.

There were three rounds in total.
    Round1. Basic questions on testing and my project. What is garbage collection in java? If you have 10 devices how will you store them in an application?
    Round2. Questions on Testing - Give test scenarios for the door. Questions on my work. What are your strengths? Coding Question - Find minimum of an array.
    Round3. VP Round. Very Tough. 2 Questions - one on Binary search and another on String matching.

Interview Questions
    • Given a string, konylabsinterview write a program to return bool if a given pattern matches.pattern example - kon*lab*terview*   View Answer

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kony in August 2014.

Hiring Process was very quick, HR was very active he updated me after every interview.
    There was 3 technical and 1 HR interview.
    First two interviews were easy to go, they asked about DS, OS, Algo, DBMS and some brain teasers.
    Last round was taken by VP in test and it was really tough.

Interview Questions
    • Third round was with VP it was extremely tough as he asked Dynamic Programming at huge extent.   Answer Question

IOS Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kony in August 2014.

Seems the interviewer has a set of question on his laptop and started shooting them one by one.

When I explained the runtime (sounds for him, "ohh does Obj-C supports runtime too!") he got totally confused. I'm an hacker and always play the stuff with my jailbreak device. When he asked "How can we declare a method as private?" I explain that "you can't, since the dynamic nature of the Obj-C." And I explained how the "messages" passed to the objects at the run time. Finally he got confused and he is really looking for the answer "through extensions." (of course I told him at last by seeing his confusion face). Come on, from 10+ years of experienced guy you can't expect such a silly answer.

Interview Questions
    • nothing total terrible. From a set of questions they expect the same answers written on the sheet.   Answer Question

Product Development Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kony in June 2014.

The process was good with 4 rounds of interviews with 3 technical and 1 HR.
    Good technical questions are asked. Excellent follow up in hiring. Interaction with recruiter was professional and pleasing.They really respect people and help them in joining.

Interview Questions
    • They mainly focus on you technology DS and algorithm skill, I have appeared for Lead (java) position (Hyderabad) They asked question mostly from Oops, collection and Threading.   Answer Question