Kool Smiles

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Dentist Interview

Associate Dentist
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kool Smiles in June 2011.

Interview Details – submitted application online, got phone call in one day and flew out the next week for face to face interview. met with one dr during the interview.

Interview Question – no difficult/unexpected questions. very ordinary interview. took a "written test" with xrays, but not weighted heavily   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i was able to negotiate and got an increase in their initial offer

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager
Fort Smith, AR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kool Smiles in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was initially approached by a recruiter. Several weeks later the Regional Director scheduled an interview with me.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions. Biggest challenge, success, failure. How would you handle... Questions about P & L.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I later found out that I was paid the least of almost all the managers. Very disappointed.

Dental Receptionist Interview

Negotiation Details – took days

Associate Dentist Interview

Associate Dentist
Lubbock, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kool Smiles in August 2008.

Interview Details – I was recruited based on an employee referral; someone who had worked with me previously. I was treated with respect and the company showed genuine interest not just in finding out if they would be happy with me, but encouraging me to determine if I would be happy with them. I would recommend a candidate research the company well to make sure they will be a good match, make sure all offers are in writing, and have a legal review of your employment agreement prior to accepting. These are good best practices.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about experiences you have had in managing difficult patient, parent and staff situations.   View Answer
  • Tell me about difficulties/challenges you have had...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate benefits, hours and salary effectively. Make sure you know what you would like to have and make sure your requests are realistic.

Clinical Operations Analyst Interview

Clinical Operations Analyst
Marietta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kool Smiles in July 2012.

Interview Details – A headhunter called me about this position.

I met with Manager of Clinical Operations for an interview. I felt very un-welcomed and rush through out the whole interview.

Once we sit down for the interview, she leaned back on her chair with her arms crossed.

Her first question was the typical interview question, "tell me about yourself?" Then she immediately then jumped into a quantitative questions on the white board about the staffing of dentists at each office. It was very fast and rapid, which make me very nervous because she was standing at the white board staring/waiting for me to give her an answer.

After that, she gave me 2 excel situations to work on her laptop as she sit next to me and watch me as I do it, which was very uncomfortable. There's a pivot table question. So know how to do it.

After that, she ask me only about 2 more questions. She gave me an opportunity to ask her some questions. However, I noticed that she was checking her watch constantly throughout the whole process as she was leaning back on her chair and crossing her arms.

Prior going on the interview, I read all the interviews of the company on Glassdoor. As I read the reviews, I was excited for an opportunity to work for the company because of all the positive reviews. However, if you look closely at the date/timing of those reviews. The grouping of reviews are very close to each other with a span of 2 or 3 days of each other, which were extremely suspicious to me. This led me to search for reviews of clients of the company, there are nothing but negatives interviews about how the dentist offices operating on their clients.

Suffice to say, I was not offered the position. I don't hold anything against the company. It was another good interview practice for me.

Interview Question – Using pivot table on excel   View Answers (3)

Patient Coordinator Interview

Patient Coordinator
Salisbury, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kool Smiles in January 2010.

Interview Details – After being called for an interview on June 6,2011, I arrived at the time indicated and was interview by a panel of four different human resource employees. Making sure I arrive on time, i had done an extensive research of the company and when they asked me whyI thought i could work for this company, knowing the value and mission of the company helped me out alot.Iremember one of the interviewer imentioning I see you did a good research of our company.

Interview Question – Why do you think we should chose you for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negogiate a better pay salary, I would say you have to ask like five to ten percent more on what you want to get paid.

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Marietta, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kool Smiles in February 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager, 1:1 in-office interview with manager.

Interview Question – Quantitative questioning   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kool Smiles in April 2011.

Interview Details – Worked as a contractor, was considered for a full-time position in my field, and was hired based on fit and performance as a contractor. The position was a good fit for me, as was the company, since I wanted to get into the Health Care field.

Interview Question – What are your biggest challenges going forward?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated very litte. Was given "best and final" offer right off the bat and accepted it. Offer was very fair (at market) and I had been looking for a while. Also, the market presented few opportunities at that time so I did not think it was worthwhile to turn it down to pursue uncertain opportunities elsewhere. I am very happy with the decision I made since Kool Smiles is a great place to work.

Very Easy Interview

Patient Coordinator Interview

Patient Coordinator

The process took a day - interviewed at Kool Smiles in April 2010.

Interview Details – I actually did not have a formal interview. They called me and told me to come in on Monday with my ID and Social Security Card.

Interview Question – What is your availability?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She told me my pay would be 12.00 an hour and that's the highest she could go.

Very Easy Interview

Management Interview

Management

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Kool Smiles in August 2010.

Interview Details – contacted by a recruiter who explained the position, schedule and some job responsibilities. Met with direct supervisor along with a human resource rep. The company was explained in detail from the founding date to the current happenings. A background check was issued. upon completion the job was offered and a training program was attended.

Interview Questions

• Have you done research on our company before coming for the interview?   View Answer
  • what experience do you have in this field?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not have to negotiate.

Worked for Kool Smiles? Contribute to the Community!