Kool Smiles

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.1

General Dentist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kool Smiles.

Laid back interview no any hard questions and they will show you all clinic and their expectation. They are being very nice with me and vertical cortious
    Good good goodgood good

Negotiate whatever you think it's right for you

DA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kool Smiles.

I didn't get much of an interview, just talked about the company, what the "goal" of the company was, how the other coworkers are, took a tour of the building and that was it. I was hired on the spot and started the next week.

Interview Questions
    "Typically corporations pay less and we can't pay you what you got paid less, how is this..?"

Bilingual Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kool Smiles in June 2014.

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me within a week to schedule an interview. I interviewed with the recruiter and the clinic manager. The questions were pretty basic, "Tell me about yourself." "Where do you see yourself in 1 year? 5 years?" "What do you know about Kool Smiles?" They asked what I wanted as compensation, then informed me that the pay was $12 an hour, and even though I was clear that that would be a pay cut for me, I was still asked to sit in the front desk area to observe for about an hour, where the job was explained to me in greater detail by one of the other patient coordinators.

Dental Receptionist Interview

Face to Face

took days

Clinical Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kool Smiles in July 2012.

A headhunter called me about this position.

I met with Manager of Clinical Operations for an interview. I felt very un-welcomed and rush through out the whole interview.

Once we sit down for the interview, she leaned back on her chair with her arms crossed.

Her first question was the typical interview question, "tell me about yourself?" Then she immediately then jumped into a quantitative questions on the white board about the staffing of dentists at each office. It was very fast and rapid, which make me very nervous because she was standing at the white board staring/waiting for me to give her an answer.

After that, she gave me 2 excel situations to work on her laptop as she sit next to me and watch me as I do it, which was very uncomfortable. There's a pivot table question. So know how to do it.

After that, she ask me only about 2 more questions. She gave me an opportunity to ask her some questions. However, I noticed that she was checking her watch constantly throughout the whole process as she was leaning back on her chair and crossing her arms.

Prior going on the interview, I read all the interviews of the company on Glassdoor. As I read the reviews, I was excited for an opportunity to work for the company because of all the positive reviews. However, if you look closely at the date/timing of those reviews. The grouping of reviews are very close to each other with a span of 2 or 3 days of each other, which were extremely suspicious to me. This led me to search for reviews of clients of the company, there are nothing but negatives interviews about how the dentist offices operating on their clients.

Suffice to say, I was not offered the position. I don't hold anything against the company. It was another good interview practice for me.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kool Smiles in February 2012.

Contacted by recruiter, phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager, 1:1 in-office interview with manager.

Associate Dentist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kool Smiles in June 2011.

submitted application online, got phone call in one day and flew out the next week for face to face interview. met with one dr during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult/unexpected questions. very ordinary interview. took a "written test" with xrays, but not weighted heavily   Answer Question
    i was able to negotiate and got an increase in their initial offer

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kool Smiles in January 2011.

I was initially approached by a recruiter. Several weeks later the Regional Director scheduled an interview with me.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. Biggest challenge, success, failure. How would you handle... Questions about P & L.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I later found out that I was paid the least of almost all the managers. Very disappointed.

Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kool Smiles in January 2010.

After being called for an interview on June 6,2011, I arrived at the time indicated and was interview by a panel of four different human resource employees. Making sure I arrive on time, i had done an extensive research of the company and when they asked me whyI thought i could work for this company, knowing the value and mission of the company helped me out alot.Iremember one of the interviewer imentioning I see you did a good research of our company.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think we should chose you for this position?   Answer Question
    I was able to negogiate a better pay salary, I would say you have to ask like five to ten percent more on what you want to get paid.

Associate Dentist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kool Smiles in August 2008.

I was recruited based on an employee referral; someone who had worked with me previously. I was treated with respect and the company showed genuine interest not just in finding out if they would be happy with me, but encouraging me to determine if I would be happy with them. I would recommend a candidate research the company well to make sure they will be a good match, make sure all offers are in writing, and have a legal review of your employment agreement prior to accepting. These are good best practices.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about experiences you have had in managing difficult patient, parent and staff situations.   View Answer
    • Tell me about difficulties/challenges you have had...   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate benefits, hours and salary effectively. Make sure you know what you would like to have and make sure your requests are realistic.