Kool Smiles Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kool Smiles (Norfolk, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I sat down for a one on one interview with the office manager who asked about 10 basic questions. A couple days later I got a call for a working interview. I spent the morning on the hygiene side and the afternoon on the op side.

Interview Questions

• What was more important, money or work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kool Smiles (Lufkin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within a few hours. I had my interview on a Saturday morning. I met with the office manager in his office. Very way, mundane questions. I did not accept due to the hours that they work, also current staff looked miserable. I also was not impressed with the type of insurance the company offers.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy working as a team? Or do you prefer to work alone?   Answer Question
    • What procedures have you assisted the dentist with in the past?   Answer Question

General Dentist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kool Smiles.

Interview

Laid back interview no any hard questions and they will show you all clinic and their expectation. They are being very nice with me and vertical cortious
    Good good goodgood good

Negotiation

Negotiate whatever you think it's right for you

DA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kool Smiles.

Interview

I didn't get much of an interview, just talked about the company, what the "goal" of the company was, how the other coworkers are, took a tour of the building and that was it. I was hired on the spot and started the next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

"Typically corporations pay less and we can't pay you what you got paid less, how is this..?"

Bilingual Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kool Smiles (Falls Church, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me within a week to schedule an interview. I interviewed with the recruiter and the clinic manager. The questions were pretty basic, "Tell me about yourself." "Where do you see yourself in 1 year? 5 years?" "What do you know about Kool Smiles?" They asked what I wanted as compensation, then informed me that the pay was $12 an hour, and even though I was clear that that would be a pay cut for me, I was still asked to sit in the front desk area to observe for about an hour, where the job was explained to me in greater detail by one of the other patient coordinators.

Dental Receptionist Interview

Interview

Face to Face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

took days

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kool Smiles (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2012.

Interview

The process was initiated at the school> I complete an application online and within a couple of days I was call to meet with the office manager for an interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic and no more than 10.   1 Answer

Clinical Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kool Smiles (Marietta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

A headhunter called me about this position.

I met with Manager of Clinical Operations for an interview. I felt very un-welcomed and rush through out the whole interview.

Once we sit down for the interview, she leaned back on her chair with her arms crossed.

Her first question was the typical interview question, "tell me about yourself?" Then she immediately then jumped into a quantitative questions on the white board about the staffing of dentists at each office. It was very fast and rapid, which make me very nervous because she was standing at the white board staring/waiting for me to give her an answer.

After that, she gave me 2 excel situations to work on her laptop as she sit next to me and watch me as I do it, which was very uncomfortable. There's a pivot table question. So know how to do it.

After that, she ask me only about 2 more questions. She gave me an opportunity to ask her some questions. However, I noticed that she was checking her watch constantly throughout the whole process as she was leaning back on her chair and crossing her arms.

Prior going on the interview, I read all the interviews of the company on Glassdoor. As I read the reviews, I was excited for an opportunity to work for the company because of all the positive reviews. However, if you look closely at the date/timing of those reviews. The grouping of reviews are very close to each other with a span of 2 or 3 days of each other, which were extremely suspicious to me. This led me to search for reviews of clients of the company, there are nothing but negatives interviews about how the dentist offices operating on their clients.

Suffice to say, I was not offered the position. I don't hold anything against the company. It was another good interview practice for me.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kool Smiles (Marietta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager, 1:1 in-office interview with manager.

Associate Dentist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kool Smiles (Norfolk, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

submitted application online, got phone call in one day and flew out the next week for face to face interview. met with one dr during the interview.

Interview Questions

• no difficult/unexpected questions. very ordinary interview. took a "written test" with xrays, but not weighted heavily   Answer Question

Negotiation

i was able to negotiate and got an increase in their initial offer