Korean Air

Updated Aug 18, 2014
Updated Aug 18, 2014

2.9

Passenger Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Korean Air.

I applied online and got a call from them in about two weeks. There are two rounds for the interview. The first round was a group interview, in which three of us went in and were met by a panel of three interviewers. They just ask a you to introduce yourself and then ask questions based on your resume. Two weeks later, the second round was individual interviews with a panel of four interviewers. Similar to the first round, they ask questions based on your resume but in more detail and more in-depth. Therefore, expect it to be a little harder than the first. Afterwards, they need to do a background check before releasing the results, which they said would take 2-3 weeks. I don't know what they were doing but it actually took a whole month for them to send us emails again. The whole process took 3 whole months. Pretty unorganized and inefficient, I would say.

Programmer/Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Korean Air.

What are your strengths? they ask you the typical interview questions.Nothing really difficult. They go through your resume and ask you questions from there as well. You go through about two rounds of interview. They are nice but its just not worth the salary

low

Check In Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Korean Air.

what do you think of korean air? what do you know about korean air? how well do you work under stress?

bad

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Korean Air.

Interview appointment is scheduled over the phone.

You are led into a room with other candidates and have to fill out a ton of paperwork in addition to writing an essay.

Then you are led as a group (mine was just me and another guy) into a panel of 3 interviewers.

Total process takes about an hour or so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Korean Air.

Very standard. Hiring manager will contact you 1~2 weeks after resume submission. A single group interview is conducted by anywhere from 5~7 company management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Korean Air in June 2011.

Applied through an employment website plus a referral and awaited a phone call or e-mail but I did not receive one even after the application deadline. I called through three different numbers (including reservations who did not want to help at all) but finally I was able to get through to HR. They informed me they received my application and that they would contact me later in the week by phone or e-mail.
    I had two interviews, both were group panel interviews and quite formal and serious. The first was with HR. They asked each of us one question during the first interview, nothing difficult, and during the second interview a couple extra questions, also not difficult but this time it was higher up executives interviewing the four of us. They discussed movement from one department to another after one year, but they never once discussed salary or benefits.
    They did a background check and advised they would contact within 1-2 weeks but never did. I e-mailed them following up and was shot back an e-mail saying they had pursued another candidate, and when I required feedback they did not give any. 99% of the people interviewing for the job were Korean - I was not, yet I had all the job experience required. Perhaps a company that prefers to hire their own people...

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied online – interviewed at Korean Air.

Document
    Panel Debate
    3 to 5 Interview
    English Proficiency
    KALSAT
    Physical Exam

Interview Questions
    Signing the offered contract.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Korean Air in October 2012.

Annual recruitment held on every Octobers.

Interview Questions
    • Here job is maintaining airplanes, what is your degree got to do with the maintaining airplanes?   Answer Question

Cargo Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Korean Air in January 2008.

The interview process varies from time to time. Mine consisted a panel of 5 managers. It's very casual, and they seem to like it when you share personal stories. Confidence and positive attitude are what they look for. It helps if you are referred by an employee.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if there is a conflict between 2 of your co-workers?   Answer Question
    • If a customer comes in and asks to be helped, but he/she does not speak English. What would you do?   Answer Question