Korn Ferry Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.9

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Korn Ferry.

Interview

The process began with a phone screen and then an in-person behavioral interview. Second round was a very in depth interview consisting of case studies and on the spot consulting/solution creation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to get support from someone who may have disagreed with your approach.   Answer Question

Product Manager - Minneapolis Area Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Korn Ferry (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was confused at best. The HR person conducted a phone screen and said an interview would be set up in the next week. Two and half weeks later an appointment was set up for phone screening with what I understood to be the hiring manager. On the day of the call, after waiting for 30 min. I contacted the HR contact to ask if something had happened. "No", the person was busy and could I reschedule the next day. The call the next day, was not with the hiring manager and the conversation was more about internal issues than the role. I was advised a follow up conversation was desired but, it would take 2-3 weeks to schedule a call with other members of the team. After 3 weeks, I was contacted by the same HR person asking if I could meet for a follow up face-to-face interview, one week later. I received the confirmation of our meeting the afternoon before the meeting (7 days after confirming I was available at the requested time.) and it was only with the individual I'd talked to previously. I withdrew my name from consideration. Too many red flags.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Korn Ferry.

Interview

My college's alumni network lead to a preliminary/ standard HR screening. I was invited back twice (spanning 2 months) to interview with 3 execs, hiring manager and 2 other more junior members/ researchers on the team.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Korn Ferry.

Interview

The process starts with a phone interview, then likely several in-person interviews. Interviews are behavior based, and seek to identify your agility and adaptability. It's important to focus on how you apply past work experience to improve future behavior and decision making. After interviews, you may complete a round of personality testing and a problem solving test. There is really no way to prepare for these -- just be yourself and do your best.

Interview Questions

• Questions vary based on the job you are applying for. If applying for an administrative role, prepare by thinking of examples in your career where you faced challenges and how you overcame them, and how you have changed your current behavior to better prepare for future challenges. Learning agility is important at Korn Ferry because of the number of acquisitions the company has face over the years; the more you can do to show your agility, the better.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Korn Ferry (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Lengthy process -- Began with a phone interview from a recruiter, then had to meet with many different people in two different office. All VP's interviewed and then one consultant. great learning expeirence

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your fav job and was it because of free food,   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

interviewed at Korn Ferry (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Although quick to initially reach out, they continuously delayed our meetings. I don't know if it was just the specific branch I was dealing with, but they struggled to communicate with me throughout the process.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Korn Ferry.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screen with HR that was pretty basic and mostly verifyied details of my resume. The second interview was via phone with the hiring manager. She asked tough questions and used the STAR interview format. The third interview was in person with the hiring manager and two peers. I expected it to be more hot seat questions using the STAR method, but was more of a conversation where I got to interview them as much as they did me. It felt like a true dialogue to discover whether it would be a mutually good fit.

Interview Questions

• The STAR method is pretty intense, so all those questions were the most difficult.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Korn Ferry.

Interview

Found out about position through a friend who works at KF. Lengthy process -- had to meet with many different people in two different offices. They were not negotiable on salary, but did negotiate terms for first year bonus. I was not desperately looking for a new role, so length of process did not matter as much to me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short. They did not negotiate salary which was very surprising.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Korn Ferry (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

I had a phone screen and then an on-site interview where I met with two Director's. Overall the process was smooth, however they never got back to me and when I reached out to them, they told me in a very short response that they moved forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about initially conducting a search for this industry?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Korn Ferry (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Began with a phone interview from a recruiter, then an interview with the hiring manager. Eventually, I was invited in for a day of interviews with four Sr. Client Partners from various practices and a Sr. Associate. Two weeks went by and I was invited in for an identical day and eventually I was called one morning to come in that afternoon (good thing I was available). Everyone was pleasant and interviews were more about fit and why you want to be a recruiter. Basically, they just want to see if you've got the people skills and are not intimidated by executive presence.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-existent