Kotak Mahindra Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2015
Updated Jan 9, 2015

Relationship Manager Interview

I had a telephonic interview followed by two in person interview calls. Basic finance questions were asked. The interviewer was a senior member of the organization. General opinions on the current affairs of India were also asked.

Interview Questions
    It was bad. Not open to negotiaition

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kotak Mahindra.

For the basic summer internship in Mumbai sponsored by my US Campus, first I just gave in resume and cover letter. After quite some time, I got a response which said I'd been selected to interview along with many others. While scheduling a Skype interview they asked me about my previous work experiences and basic skills. Knowing about the financial services sector, Kotak, and yourself is the most important thing here. My position needed going into Rural India, so they asked me about experiences I had which would qualify me for that.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about the idea that India's future could lie in it's rural economy?   View Answer
    No negotiation, just a basic stipend (in rupees and not much). Make sure you ask them just what your project is, that's the important thing.

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kotak Mahindra.

Got call from HR. Waited for more than one hour for the interviewer to come. Interviewer was friendly. Asked about myself and some technical questions. He showed concerned about the travel to reach out the office from my place.He said HR will contact. But no further response.

Branch Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kotak Mahindra.

Hiring & Interviews are taken almost every Saturday, since the attrition rate is very high usually in every bank. Proper schedules are run through close co-ordination with the consultants. Two basic rounds, one with HR and second with the business head of your role

Interview Questions
    • It was majorly on the past experiences and where how of your role. What is the percentage of sales and operations in your role?
      Good number of questions on trade forex?
      Why customer service is important for banks?
      What are your future plans?

Answer Question
    Yes, I negotiated and got the revised offer with my expectations.

Credit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kotak Mahindra in December 2014.

Campus recruitment. Simple interview. Resume based question.
    They were recruiting for five profiles. Location pan India.
    No idea on what basis they selected students. Lousy criteria.
    They were confused as they selected 6 ppl Initially but after one week gave offer to only 3.

Branch Relationship Manager Interview

The group discussion has 10 members in each group
    PI round 1 was CV based
    PI round 2 was CV based and questions were asked about banking products

Phone Banking Officer Interview

went through placement agency. process took one day.1st round easy with junior officers... last round with unit manager. Easy, tell me about yourself, asked much about sales, be confident,

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kotak Mahindra in July 2014.

The process consisted of an interview highlighting my education, qualifications, experience & interests.

The interview panel consisted of two people - the head of India IB, Paritosh Kashyap & the VP, Mr. Shailendra Shabnani.

The interview was a line by line analysis of my CV. I was asked questions detailing my role & contributions in transactions in previous organizations.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation phase was smooth, got 50% of my expectations. But I settled given the enormous brand equity of Kotak.

Chartered Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kotak Mahindra.

First GD session is conducted, it is observed thyen candidates are selected based upon their performance in GD round.
    Then Interview is conducted by team of two people where questions on your CV are asked

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kotak Mahindra.

had two case study rounds and then 2 interview rounds